shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Beaudry Asscher Dream Ring (with side pink sapphires)!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I do dream of larger and inaccessible rocks, but this ring was an unexpected and beautiful addition to my little jewelry collection for this past Christmas and anniversary!

First, I owe Bill Pearlman of Pearlman's Jewelers much gratitude for his kindness in discounting his line of Beaudry rings (that they are discontinuing) so that someone like me could actually buy one! :bigsmile: I always enjoy chatting with him, too! We started with the first ring (with the blue sapphire) for Christmas/anniversary a year ago. At some point during the year, I picked up a second one that I could not resist, and it doesn't yet have a stone in it, so that one will be posted another day. But out of the blue, they listed a ring that had accidentally not been put on the site, and I am certain it would have left there earlier at a much higher price if it had. So I guess it was just meant for me, because I really and truly LOVE this ring! :love: Even though it may not be large in size, I think it is unique and beautiful and something I would never been able to have without this sale. My thanks go especially to Julian Chase who is one of the nicest and most helpful people I know in the jewelry business and has helped me immensely with all of these purchases and subsequent setting, etc.! :appl: And thanks to all the Pearlman's staff, too!

Then, Jonathan at Good Old Gold gets the credit for the amazing line up of asschers I had to choose from for the ring! I chose the stone he recommended, a gorgeous 1.03 H VVS1, Ex polish/symmetry asscher that has an ASET pretty enough to frame! I didn't want to settle for just any stone for this setting and Jonathan found a great one for me, as usual! Here is the great video he made me. My stone is the second one from the left, and it is more beautiful in person! Thanks, Jon!!! :appl: And thanks also to Vicki, Darren, Marie, Lynda, Sarah, and others who have been so helpful to me many times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7SBfNGxTFE&list=UUEV7slr-i-VduBBnfv9MxhA

The platinum setting has side kite-shape pink sapphires and they are bezeled in rose gold! I loved that the sapphires were step cut and would go perfectly with an asscher! And I love asschers since they were created in the early 1900's and used in jewelry during the art deco period, one of my favorite periods for jewelry!

First up are beautiful pictures taken by Jonathan and then a couple more posts with some very quick shots with my little Canon! As always, the ring is more beautiful in person, but you can get an idea!

beaudrypinkasscher1.jpg

beaudrypinkasscher2.jpg

beaudrypinkasscher3.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Beaudry Asscher Dream Ring (with side pink sapphires)

The last of the bunch (all taken inside, sorry). One is with the Beaudry blue sapphire ring. (Hoping these are smaller!!!)

_2844.jpg

beaudrypinkasscher10.jpg

beaudrypinkasscher9.jpg

beaudrypinkasscher11.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yesssssss!!!! Stunning! I love art deco influences! It is a masterpiece! I love it - congratulations. :appl: :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

OH. MY. DOG. HOLY. CRAP. WOW. WOWWIE. WOW. WOW. :love: :love: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow. It is gorgeous.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Pretty pretty pretty!!!! :love:

Sigh...... :shock:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks so much minious, Ame, Marcy, and Rosetta!

Ame, I am hiring you on days I feel discouraged! :bigsmile:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

Wow!! Your ring is breath taking!!! Gorgeous! The pinks in rose gold are beautiful!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1357420985|3348213 said:

HAHA!

The pink in the photos ON your hand is SO much less vibrant than in the top photos, and in a REALLY good way. Almost in a "could be a pink diamond" kind of way.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Well done DS!!! What an amazing result!!!! The entire ring just sings!!! I have to say that the wait has been worth it. :love:

The profile is just stunning and beautifully complimented with the step cuts!!! The Art Deco period --- :loopy: :twirl:

Enjoy!!!!

Still trying to close my jaw- it's still on the floor!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame|1357421513|3348222 said:
diamondseeker2006|1357420985|3348213 said:

HAHA!

The pink in the photos ON your hand is SO much less vibrant than in the top photos, and in a REALLY good way. Almost in a "could be a pink diamond" kind of way.

Yes, thanks, it is a most pleasing color of pink...not too hot pink for the ring and not too pale, either.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

gregchang35|1357421941|3348226 said:
Well done DS!!! What an amazing result!!!! The entire ring just sings!!! I have to say that the wait has been worth it. :love:

The profile is just stunning and beautifully complimented with the step cuts!!! The Art Deco period --- :loopy: :twirl:

Enjoy!!!!

Still trying to close my jaw- it's still on the floor!!

Thank you my good asscher buddy!!! :appl: Thanks for your help in the process!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

swingirl|1357421224|3348216 said:
Wow!! Your ring is breath taking!!! Gorgeous! The pinks in rose gold are beautiful!

Thanks, swingirl! I do love the pinks in rose gold!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Holy moly that's a beauty! I love that setting. The detail in the sides is TDF. The pink sapphires are Devine! The stone Jon sourced is perfect! What a good eye that guy has.
You are running out of fingers, if you need rental digits in available.
Wear it in good health, happy anniversary, merry Christmas and whatever else you needed to blame to get that beauty:)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

That's so beautiful! Asschers and pink sapphires are two of my favorite things. Have your daughters already sorted out who gets which stunning Beaudry? :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

My dear you have out done yourself again. This is sepctacular. And it reminds me again -- I need reminding every once and a while -- that a setting absolutely MAKES the ring! The diamond is not huge, but it is gorgeous and well cut and right at home in that mount. Love the whole thing.

I also love how the sapphire and the diamond ring are so similar in style, but different. Like lovely sisters.

I also think that I understand why you need a different setting for your diamond. You are drawn to these deco styles. Have you considered resetting your RB into a more vintage insipred mount? It might make the difference!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Wowie wow!!! Just beautiful! Congrats!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm glad you chose that particular asscher--it looks like it was made for your beautiful Beaudry setting! I love the pink of the sapphires, too! You are now the queen of RHR's! How will you wear this one?

What's next on your bling agenda?! I'm excited to see what's next for you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

It is beautiful J! I love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks SO much ladies!!!

Elisa....This is far from a normal Christmas/anniversary gift (Dec. 26th), but since I couldn't find an AVR by then, we just decided to complete this ring instead!

Rosebloom...my older daughter had told me she wanted the blue sapphire one, but she hasn't seen this one yet! So we shall see! :bigsmile:

Dreamer....Oh, you are so right and I do have to remember this about the importance of settings (I have to recite my new tagline every now and then)!!! In one way, though, the simplicity of a solitaire on the other hand sort of balances out with the more detailed antique style ring on the right hand, I think. However, I won't reset the current rb diamond because I still want an AVR for my engagement ring. To me, that would fit style-wise best with the Legacy band and the 3 Beaudry rings. Then I would revisit the setting issue. I am also open to an antique ring if I could do it without selling the current diamond. And yes, sister rings is exactly what I was thinking about these two!

bastecat..thank you!

mom2boys...Yes, I do think this asscher was made for the setting! I was fortunate to find it! I need to greatly reduce my bling agenda because I waaaay overspent in 2012, BUT my main goals for this year are to settle my e-ring dilemma at some point, finish the other Beaudry ring (colored stone center), and maybe reset my pendant diamond into something more special.

Tacori... :wavey: I hate it that we didn't get together before you moved, but at least we can keep in touch here! These rings remind me a lot of yours style-wise, so I am so glad you like my new one!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Holy COW!! :love: :appl: :love:

ame said:
OH. MY. DOG. HOLY. CRAP. WOW. WOWWIE. WOW. WOW. :love: :love: :love:

I'm all over what Ame said - WOW WOWWEE WOW WOW!!! SHe's pretty much summed it up! That is OUTSTANDING DS!! Just superb! That diamond from GOG is incredible and the setting it out of this world AWESOME! (oh, is that one of those 2013 words we have to stop saying?? Well - in this case - its completely appropriate!! It IS awesome!)

Enjoy and wear it in good health - well worth all the time, expense, effort to bring it to fruition!! Congrats!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

You've branched out in colour! Your ring looks superb, I love the way the setting looks "old" but not, for want of a better word, "granny". Two of the most gorgeous creations.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

DS,
I've always loved your sapphire ring, I mean REALLY loved it. But this new one, wow wow wow WOW! :love: :love: :love: :love:

It is absolutely gorgeous. It's fun to see someone who knows so much about this hobby/industry produce a finished project. It is stunning, I love it!
sarahb
:appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enerchi...you're hired on Ame's days off! :bigsmile: Thanks so much!

Polished..thanks so much! It is funny you said that because my older daughter just said on Friday that she likes the Beaudry sapphire ring but she thinks my old Princess Diana style one (which I had offered her) is too "old lady" looking for her! :lol: So I am glad these rings cross age barriers!

sarahb...oh, thank you so much! I am glad you like them!

On another note, my husband is cooking DUCK for dinner. :-o I am interested to see how that turns out!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous! I love the pink sapphires with the two tone ring= so rich in color!!! Just love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Oh mymy DS...very well done. You'll enjoy those forever!!!! :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was wondering what you were working on when you said you were looking for an asscher. Very nice :appl:

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous!!!! I love the shape of the sapphires!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Its so pretty, I love everything about it!! You are one of my favourite posters on here so I wish you lots of happy joyous blinging days with that beauty!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results