shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My almost 4 carat Old Euro Diamond holy grail ring!!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SPEECHLESS WITH ENVY!!!! Wow! The stone has a gorgeous make and is enough to knock anyone's socks off....but also in a bonus surprise CvB setting?!? Score!! It is stunning and I just love the juxtaposition of the giant stone with the delicate shank (one of my fave looks). So very very happy for you!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
The OEC facetimg is absolutely gorgeous! And the simple yet elegant setting is to die for! Love it

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally earth shattering!!!
I'm very happy for you @Mreader !!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
This is absolutely stunning. I love that setting and how 'thin' it is (although clearly of no integrity concern) - the diamond is centre stage and fabulous! That's a very beautiful faceting pattern too, it looks very symmetrical! Congratulations!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is insanely gorgeous!! It looks stunning on you & the facets are perfect! And a CvB to boot - what a huge bonus!

I am so, so happy for you! Enjoy that honking stunner!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING. :kiss2:
I think your photos are great.
I like indirect natural (ie daylight)lighting (light source behind the stone) to show off the facets best and I take lots of pics. I focus on the facets.

And try holding the ring and camera as still as you can. I usually am wearing her when I take pics so that is a bit challenging to hold still. I tap the center of the phone to focus and zoom in for magnification.

Also try taking pics of her when she is in different environments to show her off in all sorts of lighting. Once you take lots of pics you will figure out what works best.

This thread is helpful.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! What a gorgeous perfect ring! Congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! When it is meant to be, it is meant to be! Congrats and enjoy!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
When I saw this sold on Instagram, I HOPED it was to a PS’er. It Is stunning. Congratulations!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza!!!! This is drop dead gorgeous! Great things come to those who wait!!

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I can see how that was love at first sight! :kiss2:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, your ring is spectacular!!
I have serious ring envy, enjoy your sparkles, it’s beautiful.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy. Moly. There is something magical about this whole thing... the ring, the journey, the surprise CVB setting, THAT DIAMOND! It's all so wonderful and so fortuitous. Enjoy the heck out of that beauty, it is so incredibly special!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This is absolutely stunning. I love that setting and how 'thin' it is (although clearly of no integrity concern) - the diamond is centre stage and fabulous! That's a very beautiful faceting pattern too, it looks very symmetrical! Congratulations!

Yes I should have chosen a different word than “thin” - I wasn’t trying to be critical haha. But I love it so much more than I thought I would particularly the side view. It feels strong and secure.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Holy. Moly. There is something magical about this whole thing... the ring, the journey, the surprise CVB setting, THAT DIAMOND! It's all so wonderful and so fortuitous. Enjoy the heck out of that beauty, it is so incredibly special!!

Thank you! I don’t know why in the description it wasn’t mentioned . I did inquire so I knew before I got it, but it just added another level of excitement :) :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING. :kiss2:
I think your photos are great.
I like indirect natural (ie daylight)lighting (light source behind the stone) to show off the facets best and I take lots of pics. I focus on the facets.

And try holding the ring and camera as still as you can. I usually am wearing her when I take pics so that is a bit challenging to hold still. I tap the center of the phone to focus and zoom in for magnification.

Also try taking pics of her when she is in different environments to show her off in all sorts of lighting. Once you take lots of pics you will figure out what works best.

This thread is helpful.

Thanks for the thread @missy! The ones I published were after taking about 200 bad ones!!! And yes holding the camera still is a challenge.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
OMG those chunky pastel facets in that delicate CvB setting - sheer perfection!

Was the ring also exactly your size? If so - the stars definitely aligned!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Well I am over the moon! For my next bling project I started putting away funds for what I thought was going to be a diamond stud upgrade, but then I started thinking that if I were going to spend that amount of money, that I want to be able to SEE it, and that an even larger engagement ring is what I should do. I have a 2 ct oec with baguette side stones, but there was one ring that I had been eyeing for almost a year. After putting some more funds away and trying to sell my current OEC, my husband just said to go ahead and purchase the ring I had always loved despite not having sold mine. When I went to do that, it was already sold. I think I probably missed it by a few hours. That ring had about a 2.5 carat center stone and was gorgeous. I was crestfallen. So that plan became to wait until my current ring sold, save more, take my time, get input from the forum, do it right. But noooooo. Because when have I ever had patience?? A few weeks after TRTGA (the ring that got away), I saw the most amazing ring on Diana’s IG (SinCityFinds). It was a 3.98 carat OEC with an amazing facet pattern, L in color with faint fluor, 9.82x10.19x6.27. I thought “wow that is amazing but no way.” But when DH saw it, he was in love too and said to go for it. She arrived Sunday and I cannot stop staring at my finger! Those beautiful facets, those pastel flashes! Also, a HUGE bonus – Diana’s caption said it was in a “designer setting” but didn’t name the designer. Well I was very excited to learn that it is a platinum CVB “Olivia” setting!

I never in a million years dreamed I would own a diamond of this size. I am so thrilled. I cannot quite capture her beauty in photos, though I try. I need tips from @Tourmaline and @missy to help me. Also special thanks to @lulu_ma for listening to my many, many messages! For now, I will upload a few photos, but first videos, which capture her better:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTx70__AgvX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

For some reason, when I take my phone case off, I can't get the facets as well - putting the case on reflects the orangy color too much but you can see the pattern.

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

I just died.

Nymf

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
OMG those chunky pastel facets in that delicate CvB setting - sheer perfection!

Was the ring also exactly your size? If so - the stars definitely aligned!

Actually it's a little loose. I wear a 5-5.25 depending on the band. This one is 5.75. I will need to get it sized but I may wait a bit - too afraid to drop it off anywhere just yet!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! She is quite amazing! What more could you ask for??? An almost 4 carat in a CVB setting!!! Very happy for you!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Whoa! That's a beaut, annnnnd serious finger coverage! Enjoy :)

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Such a stunning and huge diamond ring in a perfect setting.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock::shock::shock:Eyeballs a-poppin'! :shock::shock::shock:
It's beautiful.:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely gorgeous!!! Congrats on finding your holy grail ring. :kiss2:

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
OMG, I'm so happy to see that a PSer got this ring! I follow the original owner on Insta and have been ogling it for years. Congrats!!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this stone on her IG and seriously considered it for 5 seconds. So glad it landed in the hands of a PSer!!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
The facet pattern on that diamond, so beautiful. I could stare at it all day! The size is my favorite- huge!!! The setting is so perfect for your diamond. I can see why it's your holy grail, it has everything! That diamond though, I think everything happens for a reason. This diamond belongs with you! Lucky girl!!!!
I am so happy for you!!!!
This gets my vote for JOTW!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results