shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My almost 4 carat Old Euro Diamond holy grail ring!!!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Well I am over the moon! For my next bling project I started putting away funds for what I thought was going to be a diamond stud upgrade, but then I started thinking that if I were going to spend that amount of money, that I want to be able to SEE it, and that an even larger engagement ring is what I should do. I have a 2 ct oec with baguette side stones, but there was one ring that I had been eyeing for almost a year. After putting some more funds away and trying to sell my current OEC, my husband just said to go ahead and purchase the ring I had always loved despite not having sold mine. When I went to do that, it was already sold. I think I probably missed it by a few hours. That ring had about a 2.5 carat center stone and was gorgeous. I was crestfallen. So that plan became to wait until my current ring sold, save more, take my time, get input from the forum, do it right. But noooooo. Because when have I ever had patience?? A few weeks after TRTGA (the ring that got away), I saw the most amazing ring on Diana’s IG (SinCityFinds). It was a 3.98 carat OEC with an amazing facet pattern, L in color with faint fluor, 9.82x10.19x6.27. I thought “wow that is amazing but no way.” But when DH saw it, he was in love too and said to go for it. She arrived Sunday and I cannot stop staring at my finger! Those beautiful facets, those pastel flashes! Also, a HUGE bonus – Diana’s caption said it was in a “designer setting” but didn’t name the designer. Well I was very excited to learn that it is a platinum CVB “Olivia” setting!

I never in a million years dreamed I would own a diamond of this size. I am so thrilled. I cannot quite capture her beauty in photos, though I try. I need tips from @Tourmaline and @missy to help me. Also special thanks to @lulu_ma for listening to my many, many messages! For now, I will upload a few photos, but first videos, which capture her better:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTx70__AgvX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

For some reason, when I take my phone case off, I can't get the facets as well - putting the case on reflects the orangy color too much but you can see the pattern.

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, it’s absolutely gorgeous! I love the floral pattern! Are you going to keep the setting? I think it’s perfect on you :)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s absolutely stunning! The proportions look fantastic and the flowery pattern is perfect! The profile is also beautiful, and the ring is fantastic! I’m so thrilled for you! :kiss2:

Photography tip: hold it far enough away that the center lights up, focus, and overcast lighting is best.

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous
what a dream goal of a ring you have!
the diamond - the setting - the whole package
:love: :mrgreen: :love:

enjoy!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
She's a stunner-SO happy for you! Sometimes the stars align and it all works out the way it was supposed to!:dance:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sheer perfection!!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
It's stunning! The flower pattern and the eight pointed claws are just perfect.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you, she is perfect in every way!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy for you @Mreader what an amazing upgrade and everything is just perfect!! This was meant for you!! Please indulge us in more photos :)

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
You lucky ducky!! Are you glad "THE RING" got away and now you landed this gorgeous perfection of a ring is YOURS??!! And a CVB to boot? Some people just have all the luck I tell you!! Enjoy your stunning huuuuge ring!! :kiss2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful diamond, congratulations

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Wow this is truly soo beautiful! I am soo happy you found this ring and she is gorgeous on you! This was meant for you!

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
She’s so pretty! Love the facets and the size and the bonus setting!! Congrats!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, it’s absolutely gorgeous! I love the floral pattern! Are you going to keep the setting? I think it’s perfect on you :)

Thank you! When I first saw it online I thought I would change the setting because the band is thin. The plan would still do a solitaire design just a little bit thicker band with maybe some diamonds in the shoulders. But now that I have it I don’t think I will. Not for a very long time anyway. And excuse to maybe buy some blingy bands haha!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy for you @Mreader what an amazing upgrade and everything is just perfect!! This was meant for you!! Please indulge us in more photos :)

I will when I can take better ones!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need like tons more pics of this beauty! Wow!!! Amazing!!!!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Your joy in your new ring makes me smile. I hope it brings you joy every day. I do think we need many more photos!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Photography tip: hold it far enough away that the center lights up, focus, and overcast lighting is best.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the tip!
[/QUOTE]

I find that under trees and indirect light the diamond dances the most. I think when it is sun light the camera struggles to focus. There is just too much going on with the fire.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This is so beautiful. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Your joy in your new ring makes me smile. I hope it brings you joy every day. I do think we need many more photos!

Thank you! I hope you are enjoying your new stunner as well :)

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I find that under trees and indirect light the diamond dances the most. I think when it is sun light the camera struggles to focus. There is just too much going on with the fire.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow wow wow. That ring is beeeeeyoutyfulllll. Love the colors and the overall look. All the attention is on that gorgeous diamond. Moar pics!!!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I hope you are enjoying your new stunner as well :)

I am absolutely loving it. Probably taking way to many photos. Lol.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations @Mreader on your new beauty. What a stunner! :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning and the setting is just perfect.

Klaus

Rough_Rock
Premium
So beautiful, congratulations and enjoy!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader, She is a beauty!!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Your pictures are stunning. Please, please post more pictures. I’m so happy for you! It’s so fun much reading the stories of people getting their dream ring.

Your post reminds me of the post @Matata posted when she got her beautiful ring. Your excitement jumps off the page. Thank you for making Pricescope a happy place.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results