shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 5 yr anniversary upgrade 2.52 Emerald cut diamond

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!!! I'm so excited to show you all my new ring :bigsmile:

Here's the background.... being the PS'er that I am, I'm always browsing for bling online. Well our 5 year anniversary is coming up (it's in 3 weeks) and I started seriously looking last fall for an upgrade. I've always had an asscher (1.54 ct) and I knew I wanted to take a big jump since I don't plan to upgrade again. I want this to be my forever diamond/setting. I looked at all sorts of stones, OEC's, cushions, Emerald cuts but kept coming back to step cuts (EC's especially since they face up longer/larger than asschers). And a few good friends (also PS'ers) were always reminding me that I'm a step cut girl at heart, thanks ladies :D

I focused a lot of my search through 1st Dibs and spoke to many different estate vendors all over the country. I also chatted with Jonathan at GOG, Erik at Joe Escobar, and checked out a few other local places in San Francisco. Joe Escobar brought in one EC for me to look at and I did think it was gorgeous but I was hesitant. I never actually had GOG pull any stones for me because again I was hesitant. Looking back I think in my heart I new I would come across the one, and was holding out hope for a vintage stone.

So about 2 weeks ago, I was on 1st Dibs and a new vendor had some pieces on there. None of the pieces that were shown were of interest but I thought I would google the company anyway. It's called 66mint and they were in San Francisco! So I checked out their website and saw this beauty. It looked good online, had a GIA cert and the dimensions of the stone were in the range I was looking for. So I called them up and made an appointment to come by.

Now in the meantime, I also saw a stone/ring online from a local jeweler in Palo Alto which I also stopped by to see. It was 2.74 ct EC, much more elongated that what I ended up choosing. I took a ton of photos and keep it in my mind.

When I got to 66mint and saw "my" ring, I fell in love. It was amazing! The stone was gorgeous in all types of lighting, the setting was to die for, and it was even my size 6.75!!!! I took a bunch of photos and ran home to show hubby :bigsmile:

It was interesting, after comparing photos of both rings on my hand (the modern 2.74 and the estate 2.52) there was clearly one winner. Plus I had the help of my favorite ladies, Mara and (she doesn't post much anymore, but Violet02 (I think that was her screen name way back when) to say, OMG, buy it, buy it, buy it!!! hehe. My husband really loved the 2.52 and said let's get it! I was trilled!

We got it on Thursday and once hubby saw it, he loved it just as much as me. It's so cute, he get's super smiley and happy when I tell him about all of the oooh's and ahhhhh's I've been getting :love: I'm trilled he is as excited as me :bigsmile:

Now onto the details:

- 2.52 EC - 66mint purchased the stone at auction, they don't have the history on the stone but since it's a bit more squarish than a contemporary EC and because it has a medium culet, they think it is an older stone (from the 20's - 40's) but they can't completely confirm it's an older stone.
- Color K - color was my biggest thing in my search, I really wanted a white stone and looking at so many antiques, they were all very warm. This thing faces up so white!!!
- SI1 - completely eye clean!!! I've only found one little white inclusion w/ my 10x loupe
- Dims - 8.70 x 7.63 x 4.37 mm
- Table 74% (I've heard this can make stones look glassy/watery but the performance on it is amazing, it's so bright!)
- Depth 57.3%
- Girdle: Very Thin to Medium
- Culet: Medium
-Polish and Symmetry: Good
- No Fluorescence

After 66mint purchased the stone, they sent it to a bench jeweler that they work with in France who does amazing vintage reproductions. The setting is exquisite. It's platinum and has 62 diamonds totaling .64 cts. Some of the finest milgrain I've ever seen, it's incredible. And I love it with my bands! Especially with my antique art deco band. It even has the makers mark on the outside bottom of the shank, that's how they do it in France, which I think is super cool.

Okay now what you guys really want to see, pictures!!! Mara took some great photos of it yesterday so I'll add those as soon as I get them :bigsmile:

Hope you all enjoy them!

img_0545.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:o

:love:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

That is GORGEOUS!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I know you're not done posting your pictures, but I NEED to interrupt!!!!

Your ring is EXQUISITE!!! I love it so much! The details! The size! The design! AMAZING!!! Like HOLY SH*T BALLS BATMAN!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous! Congrats! :appl:

P.S. I cruise First Dibs when I have time and saw that vendor you bought from--great you got what you wanted!

cheers--Sharon

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pictures, PLEASE! What an amazing upgrade. Congrats!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Jelly jelly jelly jelly jelly jelly!!! :love: :angryfire: :love: :angryfire: :love: :angryfire:

Oops.... I said that out loud. Now I'm embarrassed!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a few more photos, one showing how white it can appear and another that's a bit warm (but our beige/tan wall might have something to do with that as well)

img_805.jpg

img_806.jpg

img_807.jpg

img_808.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! Happy anniversary!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, it's GORGEOUS!!!!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ECF!!!

LOL YT!! Thanks so much!!

Thanks so much Sharon, I love 1st Dibs and am so happy they brought me to 66mint!

Thanks Derby, I'll try to get some more today. I can't wait to get Mara's, she can take some amazing shots of jewelry!

Thanks Laila!!!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Holy hell, that ring is EXQUISITE!! :love: :love: :love:

So, so beautiful as a stand-alone piece or paired with your gorgeous bands. And how lucky to find it in your size... sounds like it was truly meant to be!

Many congrats on your stunning upgrade!! (and I must admit, I'm jealous of such a gorgeous find! I've been lusting after antique step cuts lately in a major way.)

MORE PICS PLEASE!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely stunning! I love everything about it and I don't think it could be any more perfect on your hand. Happy anniversary and congratulations on such a gorgeous find!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blimey! Stunning, stunning! You lucky lady :love:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay are you guys ready for the real show? Mara just sent me the photos she took. OMG, incredible!!!!! She sure has some mad talent with that camera!

myecring-0001.jpg

myecring-0003.jpg

myecring-0004.jpg

myecring-0006.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - I can see why you're so thrilled! It's stunning in every way - enjoy!!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolute treasure and its your size too?! It was truly meant to be. The most beautiful ring I've seen on PS.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING!!!! So fabulous.. the diamond..the setting.. the whole package... I love it :love: !!! Happy 5th!!! :appl: :appl:

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations asscher_girl! Enjoy your new beautiful ring!! I know what you mean by being a step cut girl, I am one too!

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So, so, so stunning. My jaw is on the floor.

tanj

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What a great story.I'm glad you found your forever diamond and that setting is TDF.It all looks so lovely on your finger.Congrats to you on your 5yr.Tell hubby he did good!

meg_

Shiny_Rock
OMG. Amazing. Simply stunning.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
....SPEECHLESS!!!!

That's an incredible ring!! the setting, the stone, the bands you have with it.... WOW!!! Absolutely fabulous!!! Congratulations on the purchase - sounds like quite the awesome find!! And MAra - sure does take some fantastic pics!!!

Enjoy that baby---- she's GORGEOUS!!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Seriously gorgeous!! I cant believe its a K! It looks fab with your bands too. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Just the other day I was thinking after reading some posts that I don't have a favorite PS ring...

NOW I DO!!! OMG!!!! Wear it in health!!! Ah, never enough pictures!!! Too gorgeous!!!!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
sooooo beautiful and love how absolutely perfect this looks on your finger, as well as already being your size!!! Definitely fate :bigsmile: Mara's pictures are amazing!!!!! Definitely showcase the beautiful details on your ring.

ylapis

Rough_Rock
While I love my cushion, I have a soft spot for EC's! I looooove this! And, I also can't help to admire your smaller bezel style band, where did you find it!?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm about 20% of the views.. I keep coming back.. to see the pictures.. again.. and again!!! :appl: :appl: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results