shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 5 yr anniversary upgrade 2.52 Emerald cut diamond

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Grace! I love them fatty too! :naughty: Oh really? I don't even know who made it, they just told me it was their bench jeweler in France. So glad you approve!! :bigsmile:

hehe, thanks Chel! I'm still trying to get used to all of the finger coverage, it's pretty major :Up_to_something:

Thanks lil misfit!!

Thanks so much Cachette!

Now I think it's finally time to change my avatar, what do you guys think? :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you DO need an avatar change! I would love to see more settings by this ring maker. Like backwardsinheels, I am working on a setting for an OEC. But had I seen your ring before you did, I think I would have bought it, I like it THAT much! Now to figure out how to buy one of the others with no money left!!! ;( I wish could see more settings by this man besides what they have. Not sure about sending a diamond to France, though. You were SO incredibly lucky to find the perfect diamond and setting together!!! :appl:

Do they negotiate on price at all or did you pay the list price?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow- an amazing ring and diamond! woo hoo!!!! The detail is drool worthy...yummo!

great work!
Wear it in good health!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!!!! Your new ring is absolutely drop dead gorgeous!!!!! :love: :love:
That emerald, that setting, and your stunning band to boot!!!! Love love love!!!!!
Everything about it is truly perfect!!!! Happy anniversary and wear it in health and happiness always!!!!

And fantastic pictures Mara!!! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY. SH!T. I don't even have words. That workmanship is seriously unlike ANYTHING I have ever seen. :love: :love: :love: :love:

badabling

Shiny_Rock
OMG...that is an amazing stone with an even more amazing setting! Congratulations on the anniversary and the most beautiful ring i have seen on pricescope and beyond.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, this is stunning. And it looks so huuuge! And beautiful :love: This is the best way to upgrade -- fall in love, blow everyone's minds, and be happy with this pretty on your finger for many years to come! Congrats! Wear in health and happiness!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it's okay to post here, Sebastien Barier is the setting designer. I looked at a few of the settings through Craig Coyne's website.
It'll be a while, but a girl can dream, right??

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amazing

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I have had company in town and have been off PS for a few days - I cannot believe I missed this spectacular beauty!!! Honestly this is one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen. Everything about it is perfect - including your bands. Wow oh wow oh wow oh wow!!!!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word!!! :cheeky: :cheeky: it's absolutely Ggggggggorgeous!!!!!! That's a killer K stone with such a beautiful setting! It's so meant to be and I'm very happy for you! :appl: Congrats on your 5 year anniversary! :halo: It's Perfection!!! :love:

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This ring in INSANE!!! Instant new favorite on PS!!! Congrats on such a treasure!!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DS, I tried changing the photo but it's wanting me to change my user name too, I've emailed Admin, hopefully they can help soon.
Wow, thank you so much! That is such a compliment coming from you DS!!! :bigsmile: Looks like backwardsinheels found the setting designer, he has some beautiful pieces on his site and I found a few other jewelers online that offer his pieces as well. Gosh, I feel like such a bad PS'er for not even finding out who the designer was, lol! The whole piece was just so perfect, I didn't even care who made it. As for price, yes I was able to negotiate on the price of the setting and what they gave me for my trade in (of my GOG asscher) and I felt I came away with a very good deal. I would definitely check out the designer, I don't think I would worry about sending it to France, I'm sure the lead time would be the same and as long as you ship it insured (or the jeweler you work with does), you'll be fine.

Thanks so much GregChang!!!!

Awww, thank you Missy! I'm am one lucky woman, I have the ring of my dreams and the man of my dreams :bigsmile: The wait was worth it!!!

LOL Ame!!!! Thank you! The details really are incredible on this setting. It is soooooo delicate and so gorgeous, I'm in love.

Wow, thank you Badabling!!!! That is so sweet of you! Wow, the most beautiful ring you've seen on PS?!? How cool is that! Thank you!

Thanks so much Gem Fever! It is the best way to do it! hehe, thank you!

Thanks Backwardinheels! How on earth did you figure that out? I'm so happy to know who created my ring! that is awesome, thank you!
Hope your dreams come true like mine did :bigsmile:

Thanks JulieN!!!

Thank you Rosebloom! I'm so happy it worked so well with my bands, it's an amazing set and I LOVE the finger coverage!!! :naughty:

Thank you WSBlue!!! I still can't get over that it's a K. It is so white!

Awww, thanks Starburst! That's quite the compliment!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING!!! Love, love, love... :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks backwards and asscher girl! I imagine if one went through a US jeweler, they would send the stone to the ring maker. That is a killer setting, really! I am going to look up the other settings on the CC site now. I am probably going to have to get a job to keep up my habit! Until then, I'll be dreaming right along with backwards!!! :love:

plainjane86

Rough_Rock
OMG!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :love: :love: :love:

You are the luckiest girl in the world!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mom2boys!!!

Hehe, DS. Let me know how it goes if you do explore going down the Sebastien Barier route. His website is
http://sebastienbarier.com/index.php

I found this cool close up of his assay mark that is on my ring, take a look. I need to use my loop to see if I can make mine out. Here's what they say on his website about assay marks:

The Workshop Mark : When produced in France, the workshop mark takes the form of a horizontal lozenge
containing the manufacturer's initials with a central symbol.
The Assay Mark : French-made pieces also have by law to bear an assay mark, either for gold (eagle's head),
silver (boars's head) or, from 1912, platinum (dog's head), applied by the assay office to each piece.

Awwww, thanks Plain Jane! I sure feel like it! :bigsmile:

sebastienbarier_assaymark.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honey, it really is exquisite! I know many of us have used that same word, but it IS. It's absolutely fitting for such a gorgeous piece of art and workmanship/craftsmanship. It's stunning in every possible way. And you can't over do the pictures as far as I'm concerned. Keep shooting!

Hehe, I knew Mara had to have a hand in this. The woman has incomparable taste when it comes to older stones.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, thank you Gemgirl!!!! We're going to Tiffany and Cartier this weekend to look at new platinum wedding bands so I'll take some more photos this weekend :bigsmile:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

So I went to my appraiser yesterday (Carole Richbourg) and she thought it was an amazing find. It's definitely an older stone, cut in the 20's - 30's she thinks. She was shocked GIA gave it a K SI1. She said it really should have been given a J VS2.

She looked up pricing using RAP and a few other trade books for diamond pricing and the numbers she gave made me feel very good for what we paid :bigsmile: She also said the setting was made extremely well, of France origin and all of the stones were F/G VS with maybe a few SI1's.

I'll receive her report within a week or so but I'm really happy with what she said yesterday about my ring.

Also, my hubby and I went to Tiffany's yesterday and purchased new platinum wedding bands. He had an 18kt WG band that was brushed and polished w/ asscher cuts. And it was pipe/square cut so it wasn't super comfy. We should have bought a simple platinum band to begin with so we replaced that with a 4.5 mm Lucida Platinum band. And I wanted a platinum band to wear between my art deco band and my new E-ring. And I actually like the new band so much just w/ the E-ring, it really makes the e-ring stand out. Mine is the 1.7 mm bezet band from Tiff's. I'm so happy for both of us to have the perfect forever rings for us!!! I'll try to get some more photos today with my new band.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that is awesome. That stone! ...the setting is exquisite ...lucky girl, congrats! I love it too!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
imnot a big fan of step cuts or emerald cuts but that one is so so gorgeous. i think because its not too elongated? also the setting is just to die for. when i saw the first side on pic i was like breathless. its beautiful :)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is hard to imagine a better combination - that amazing faceting and that superb workmanship. It's magnificent. :mrgreen:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
WOW :love:

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
This ring is too gorgeous! Congrats and finding such a beauty. It's so stunning I feel like it belongs in a museum!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I've admired soooooooooooooooooooo many rings on PS but I've never been truly envious of anyone's bling until now. Looking at your jaw-dropper, I am green from head to toe!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: There are no words. Beyond fabulous. WAY WAY beyond! :love:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I bet your ring was more beautiful than any other ER at the Tiffany's store you went to. Would love to see it with your new band!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Ariel!!!

Thanks Hippi! Yes it's a very "squatty" EC at 8.70 x 7.63, I really love the squatty EC's and the setting really is awesome :bigsmile:

Wow thanks Circe!!! Such a nice compliment, thank you!!

Thanks Alistra!!

Thanks Sapphirering! It's funny, when one of my closest co-workes and friends saw it she said it would make a Princess or Queen jealous, hehe, it was such a nice compliment.

Oh my gosh LALove! You have the most incredible bling on PS!!! Thank you so much, I'm so happy you love it! It's so nice to hear how many people on PS think it's beautiful, you are all so sweet!!! :bigsmile: :love:

Thanks SandyCheeks! Oh yeah, my ring was amazing in Tiffany lighting too which is funny because my asscher was a very well cut asscher from GOG but I never liked it in Tiff's lighting. My EC was rockin' :sun: I was digging it! :bigsmile: I just took a bunch of pics with my new band. I really love it with the band, it looks great without my art deco band too and just the simple platinum band and e-ring.

Enjoy a few more photos :love:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
A few more photos...

img_2850.jpg

img_2857.jpg

img_2863.jpg

img_2865.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
How about a few more? :naughty:

img_2866.jpg