shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 2.61 H VS1 round, double edge VC ring!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
After years of drooling over all the Victor Canera rings on Pricescope, I knew I had to have one for myself. In early March I found a beautiful diamond from James Allen. Upon receiving it, I immediately sent it off to Victor and three weeks later, I have the beauty in my possession.

Before I post the pictures, I have to give you the back story....I initially wanted a modified Anne Marie with open profile; however, I later decided against it as I already have a SK split shank halo for my 1.67 carat oval diamond.
After eliminating the Anne Marie, I began to gravitate towards the Emilya double edge setting. I scoured Pricescope for other double edge "round" halos, but could not find one (did I miss a VC post?); I only found rounds set in the cushion halo. Despite my initial hesitation (I didn't want a top heavy, blockish looking halo), I chose to have my diamond set in the Emilya outward stems double edge halo as I wanted to wear my wedding bands flush against the setting. When I asked Victor his opinion about the style, he advised that the ring would sit higher than the standard Emilya setting @ 8mm. Unfazed I decided this was the style for me.

When I received the ring, I was almost afraid to open the Fedex box. I found it disappointing that Victor does not send out photos of the completed product prior to shipment. I don't think it's too much to ask for a photo when one is spending $$$$ for a setting! Am I right? Nevertheless, that is the only complaint I have as Victor and his assistant Nicholas are truly the best to work with. Once I opened the box, I was floored with how beautiful it turned out. I love that Victor chose smaller diamonds for the halo to keep it from looking heavy. In my opinion the setting is delicate and gorgeous. The higher setting may not suit everyone's taste, but I don't find it to be bothersome.

Thank you to Lauren Wilcox at James Allen and to Victor and Nicholas!

Ring stats:
2.61 H VS1
GIA XXX
HCA 1.7
no fluorescence
.70 F/G color melee for halo and shank (per my appraisal)
4.5 ring size

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring Loreal! Beautifully crafted. Hand shots please!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful!!!!:love: Post some handshots when you can!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! That is gorgeous! Congratulations! What a beautiful halo. Makes me want one too.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully on you--congrats on your new VC ring!:appl: Please make sure you add it the SMTB VC thread, too!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WOW!! That is gorgeous! Congratulations! What a beautiful halo. Makes me want one too.
Ah, thank you. We all end up falling for Victor's halo!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully on you--congrats on your new VC ring!:appl: Please make sure you add it the SMTB VC thread, too!
Thank you! I was really close to getting your cathedral Emilya with flush stems! I stalked your page for a long time when I was narrowing my decision!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on a beautiful, beautiful ring! Enjoy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another lovely VC!!! Congrats!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I thought I'd share a couple more photos to illustrate the genius that is VC. Love the smaller diamonds he used in my halo. Larger diamonds would have made the double edge too heavy. You can clearly see my SK split shank has much larger diamonds! IMG_1640.JPG IMG_1642.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect in every way!!! :love::love::love:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats! Welcome to the VC club!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congrats! Welcome to the VC club!
Thank you. I'm grateful for all the VC rings shared on this website. Made going with VC a no brainer.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, congrats, as always, I love Victor's pave work!!!!!!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results