carat
color
clarity

My 2.29 ct AVR...Take 1!!!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1459000927|4011292 said:
Jimmianne, I am very much that way, too. I rarely spend frivolously. Jewelry (at least quality jewelry, diamonds and gold or platinum) will always have value in the event of a catastrophe. I know some love expensive designer clothes and purses, but I am pretty conservative about spending on those kinds of things, because they'll all end up donated once they are worn/used for a few seasons. The designer purses I have were all bought on sale. Even though I could easily upgrade to 3 cts with very little money involved, I just wouldn't be able to pull that off where I live. I'd be totally happy with something like a Van Craeynest ring with a 1.5 ct AVR in it and perhaps an AVC in an antique style halo.

:appl:

NICHLO

Rough_Rock
DS, I have researched a lot about ring settings and I really like the vatche u113 so much. I still may contact caysie, but I plan to talk to my jeweler first it see if they carry this brand. Did you request special head, prongs or width? I do not want a large mm of platinum Because I like to stack. And not to be redundant, but LOVE your ring. Not set too high, or too low, shank and prongs look perfect.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NICHLO|1459113112|4011807 said:
DS, I have researched a lot about ring settings and I really like the vatche u113 so much. I still may contact caysie, but I plan to talk to my jeweler first it see if they carry this brand. Did you request special head, prongs or width? I do not want a large mm of platinum Because I like to stack. And not to be redundant, but LOVE your ring. Not set too high, or too low, shank and prongs look perfect.

I am so glad you like it! No, I requested nothing other than the 900platinum/100iridium. The way mine is is the standard way they make them. I am totally happy with stone height, shank size, etc.

Here is a list of Vatche retailers:

http://dvatche.com/index.php?page=retailers

Hopefully they will allow your jeweler to order it if there is no Vatche dealer nearby.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! This ring is absolutely phenomenal!!!! It's PERFECT!!!!!!The light performance is unreal. I think I may one day need to get a diamond like that!!! I absolutely love the stone and the I color is so white and glorious but still has the rainbow effect and glow that a tad of warmth gives to the stones. I think the size is perfect as well

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's so beautiful DS! :love: And I'm so happy for you!!! So glad you found the "one ring to rule them all"

..."one ring to rule them all"..this ring is absolutely that!!! I wasn't supposed to ever want to upgrade BUT this diamond might make me change my mind. It's pure perfection.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! This ring is absolutely phenomenal!!!! It's PERFECT!!!!!!The light performance is unreal. I think I may one day need to get a diamond like that!!! I absolutely love the stone and the I color is so white and glorious but still has the rainbow effect and glow that a tad of warmth gives to the stones. I think the size is perfect as well

..."one ring to rule them all"..this ring is absolutely that!!! I wasn't supposed to ever want to upgrade BUT this diamond might make me change my mind. It's pure perfection.

Oh, thank you so much, goldenfire!!! I know it needs a new setting but I have not been able to decide!!! Your ring is very beautiful, so you shouldn't ever need to upgrade! There have been times that I wish I had gone a little smaller, but the AVRs have been pretty limited in selection, so I had to get what was available at the time! But I do think it is a beautifully cut stone! Thanks again!

sparklelikecrazy

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker,
I am not an expert on diamonds and trying to decide between a AVR and H&A upgrade. I remember seeing a post years back when you were advising on depth. Here are the specs of the AVR, the depth is greater than what you recommended. What are your thoughts on these diamonds? TIA!!

https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.07-August Vintage European Cuts-I-AGS-G-VS2-diamond-stock-14786-cert-

here are the specs of the H&A:
https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond...-GIA-G-VVS1-diamond-stock-15927-cert-12278323

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS... your stone is my aspire to stone.. it's just plain beautiful.. sparkle.. I love OEC.. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Diamondseeker,
I am not an expert on diamonds and trying to decide between a AVR and H&A upgrade. I remember seeing a post years back when you were advising on depth. Here are the specs of the AVR, the depth is greater than what you recommended. What are your thoughts on these diamonds? TIA!!

https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.07-August Vintage European Cuts-I-AGS-G-VS2-diamond-stock-14786-cert-

here are the specs of the H&A:
https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond...-GIA-G-VVS1-diamond-stock-15927-cert-12278323

Both are beautiful stones! I would be happy with either one! I think the main thing to decide is which will give you more pleasure. I don't mind the slightly smaller size of the AVR, but there will be a visual difference in size between the AVR at 6.3x and the H&A at 6.7x. So you really have to decide which factors are most important to you, the AVR facet pattern or larger size. The other consideration is that Jonathan now has a separate company for his AV stones, so this is likely your only chance to do an upgrade to an AVR through GOG. So I suppose you could try out the AVR and if you feel it is too small, then later upgrade to a larger H&A (even this 1.17 if it was still there).

Good luck and I'd love to know what you decide!

mk206

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi @diamondseeker2006 !! :wavey:
Bringing this beautiful thread back to life here with a question, and I apologize if you have already answered this elsewhere! Could you tell me which mm width is your Tiffany Legacy band? I was just looking at them online but they come in a couple different widths. I want to get an idea of the proportion compared to your solitaire in these pictures.

Do milgrain-edge bands cause more wear on the rings next door? My solitaire is 18K yellow gold, but I love to stack and wondering if the milgrain in platinum would destroy my solitaire if I wore them side-by-side.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @diamondseeker2006 !! :wavey:
Bringing this beautiful thread back to life here with a question, and I apologize if you have already answered this elsewhere! Could you tell me which mm width is your Tiffany Legacy band? I was just looking at them online but they come in a couple different widths. I want to get an idea of the proportion compared to your solitaire in these pictures.

Do milgrain-edge bands cause more wear on the rings next door? My solitaire is 18K yellow gold, but I love to stack and wondering if the milgrain in platinum would destroy my solitaire if I wore them side-by-side.

:wavey:Hi! Oh, I need to skim back through this old thread! The "take 1" part was indicating that I planned on resetting, and I still haven't decided! :eek-2::lol: At least I am happy to say I still have the diamond!

My Legacy band is 2.2 mm. I really love it and think it is a great band to go with any solitaire. No, the milgrain on the band doesn't really touch anything. The only time that could happen is if the other ring has the stone set low so that the wedding band hits the prongs or gallery. But that usually shouldn't be the case unless a diamond is set really low or in a low halo.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Just something about a beautiful round. They sparkle like no other. Enjoy and wear in good health

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is a blast from the past!! So many gorgeous photos to look back through here :mrgreen2::cool2:

DS, I still think your current setting is perfect enough to be finally final :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is a blast from the past!! So many gorgeous photos to look back through here :mrgreen2::cool2:

DS, I still think your current setting is perfect enough to be finally final :kiss2:

Yssie, among PSers, I do think this is one of the longer term e-ring settings! :lol::lol::lol: Thank you, though!

You know, there's nothing wrong at all with a classic solitaire. I fall largely into the classic category (in most things) as those things stand the test of time well. I don't think I would have ever changed settings had I stayed with a mrb. But I am sure you understand when I say that the right setting just completes the look, because your e-ring setting is just perfect for your diamond, whereas a plain solitaire just wouldn't be the same! So I am getting close to resetting. There are certain elements that I have wanted the entire time, but I haven't quite figured out what I want for the head. And it's very scary trying to make decisions when you can't actually try on a sample! I just want a setting style from the era of OECs to complement my stone. It just can't be over the top or I wouldn't wear it! :lol: So expect relatively simple but antique style. I hope to have a new thread titled,"My 2.29 ct AVR....Take 2!" before the end of 2019!!!

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yssie, among PSers, I do think this is one of the longer term e-ring settings! :lol::lol::lol: Thank you, though!

You know, there's nothing wrong at all with a classic solitaire. I fall largely into the classic category (in most things) as those things stand the test of time well. I don't think I would have ever changed settings had I stayed with a mrb. But I am sure you understand when I say that the right setting just completes the look, because your e-ring setting is just perfect for your diamond, whereas a plain solitaire just wouldn't be the same! So I am getting close to resetting. There are certain elements that I have wanted the entire time, but I haven't quite figured out what I want for the head. And it's very scary trying to make decisions when you can't actually try on a sample! I just want a setting style from the era of OECs to complement my stone. It just can't be over the top or I wouldn't wear it! :lol: So expect relatively simple but antique style. I hope to have a new thread titled,"My 2.29 ct AVR....Take 2!" before the end of 2019!!!

Are you going to CVB for the reset?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS I have never seen this thread before, what amazing pics of your amazing diamond! I am wanting to upgrade to that size soon. It's gorgeous

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Still one of the dreamiest diamonds here IMO.
Hope that bad girl gets worn often DS?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you going to CVB for the reset?

Yes! She makes several already that I like, but I want to combine the elements I like best into one ring! :lol:

DS I have never seen this thread before, what amazing pics of your amazing diamond! I am wanting to upgrade to that size soon. It's gorgeous

Well thanks so much, goldenfire! It was about 6 years ago when I got this stone, and that's hard for me to believe! It's a great forever size for me. It is on the large side for where I live (and none of my friends or family has ever upgraded), so I don't really desire to go any larger.

Still one of the dreamiest diamonds here IMO.
Hope that bad girl gets worn often DS?

Aww, thanks, Begonia! I was very fortunate to get this stone! Yes, it is my everyday ring along with my Legacy band. I love looking at my other rings (:lol:) and wear them on occasion, but this is what I wear daily.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is on the large side for where I live (and none of my friends or family has ever upgraded), so I don't really desire to go any larger.

Yes I have the same issue. In fact my current 1.7ct oec is larger than anything around me so after this upgrade I definitely won't be going larger...I think your size is perfect

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love looking at my other rings (:lol:) and wear them on occasion, but this is what I wear daily.
HAHAHA I can relate... I look at my other rings too lol every night when I put my jewelry away or when I put it on. But they don't get worn much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results