shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2.29 ct AVR...Take 1!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many of you have followed my quest to choose an AVR (August Vintage Round/newly cut OEC) from Good Old Gold over the last few months and particularly the last couple of months when I started out with a 2.11 I VS1 and then decided to try out a 2.29 I VS1! Something inexplicable happened to me because I had always been size sensitive. At first, it was a leap to look over 2 cts, and then I quickly went from 2.1 to considering 2.3! :twirl: But all of a sudden after wearing the 2.29 for less than a week, I decided it not only wasn't too big for me, but I also thought maybe they had set the 2.11 by mistake because it just looked smaller to me once it was set! :lol: (sorry for the long sentence!) Of course, seeing all the mega-bling in Las Vegas probably helped my perception, too!!! :bigsmile: So, I have decided to keep this very gorgeous stone!!! :appl:

Here are the specs: 2.29 cts, I VS1, 8.4mm, table 45, meets AGS ideal cut specs, and perfectly cut by master cutter Yoram/DiamGem!

I have to thank Jonathan from Good Old Gold for TRULY having infinite patience AND going above and beyond to see that I got what I really wanted! :halo: Seven years and 4 diamonds, later (two of which I still have and wear), I am blessed to call him friend as well as a very trusted jeweler with an awesome selection of well cut diamonds!!! I got to meet him in person in Las Vegas just a few days after receiving the ring, and that was just icing on the cake!!! And thanks to his great staff, too!!! :appl:

So, I have a few pictures taken at home, and then all the rest were taken on our long weekend in the mountains this past weekend (and there'll be another thread here in the next couple of days about the shopping trip that mom2boys and I had!!!)

Oh, and "take 1" is because the stone is currently set in my Vatche U-113 Tiffany repro for the time being. I hope to eventually set it in an antique style setting if I can ever decide on one! I am just happy to be able to wear and enjoy it in the meantime!

Additional photos on page Four.

2013-06-10_b.jpg

2013-06-10_avrcollage.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now some pictures taken in the NC mountains just outside the house!

2013-06-07_a.jpg

2013-06-07_b.jpg

2013-06-07_c.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's fabulous! And I'm so glad she got to play in the wildflowers a little. :D

I'm glad you're happy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it looks amazing!! :love: Such a gorgeous stone, and it looks beautiful on you - so glad you've found a diamond you love! Congrats and enjoy! :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG ... you must be over-the-moon happy.
It's the ultimate diamond.
Swooon.
And your pics are luscious.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That diamond is absolutely perfect!!! I'm so happy you found "the one"!

cnguyen1104

Rough_Rock
Oh DS, it looks beautiful and just at home on your finger! How do you feel about the I color now that you've been able to wear it around and see it in all different types of lighting?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's gorgeous, DS! I love how the colors sparkle out of it!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the pleasure of seeing this beauty in person--it truly is a remarkable diamond! DS--I hope you enjoy wearing it for many years to come! :appl:

BTW, love your new avatar! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1370902783|3462952 said:
It's fabulous! And I'm so glad she got to play in the wildflowers a little. :D

I'm glad you're happy!

Thanks, Athena! I enjoyed meeting you and seeing your gorgeous ring!!!

junebug17 said:
Oh it looks amazing!! :love: Such a gorgeous stone, and it looks beautiful on you - so glad you've found a diamond you love! Congrats and enjoy! :appl:

Thanks so much, junebug!!!

kenny said:
OMG ... you must be over-the-moon happy.
It's the ultimate diamond.
Swooon.
And your pics are luscious.

Oh, Kenny! Thank you! That means a lot coming from one who has such an amazing collection! I am definitely happy! It was great meeting you in LV

Rosebloom said:
That diamond is absolutely perfect!!! I'm so happy you found "the one"!
!

That is so sweet of you, Rosebloom! Thanks so much!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous, ds!!! Love it! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's so beautiful DS! :love: And I'm so happy for you!!! So glad you found the "one ring to rule them all" (love Dreamer's quote) :appl: !

Wear in much health and happiness and enjoy!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cnguyen1104|1370904111|3462971 said:
Oh DS, it looks beautiful and just at home on your finger! How do you feel about the I color now that you've been able to wear it around and see it in all different types of lighting?

Thank you!!! Honestly, I have had to get used to the color since I had worn F-G for so long! But what they say about great cut making a stone face up white is true! I think I color is fine in an antique cut, especially! I wanted I or higher for an e-ring, but I'd go J or even lower for a cushion or emerald cut right hand ring with a halo!

luv2sparkle said:
Wow, it's gorgeous, DS! I love how the colors sparkle out of it!

Thanks so much, luv2sparkle! I love looking at the colors, too!

mom2boys said:
I had the pleasure of seeing this beauty in person--it truly is a remarkable diamond! DS--I hope you enjoy wearing it for many years to come! :appl:

BTW, love your new avatar! :love:

Thanks so much, mom2boys!!! I had great fun shopping with you Saturday and can't wait to see your new things! :appl:

star sparkle said:
It's gorgeous, ds!!! Love it! :love:

Thank you, star sparkle!! I appreciate it!

missy said:
Oh, it's so beautiful DS! :love: And I'm so happy for you!!! So glad you found the "one ring to rule them all" (love Dreamer's quote) :appl: !

Wear in much health and happiness and enjoy!!!

Thanks for all your advice, Missy! You and others like Dreamer who encouraged me to go bigger were RIGHT!!! :bigsmile: Thank you so much!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It's stunning. I love the chunky facets and the colors popping out. More pics please, especially profile pics.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS,

It's stunning, really stunning. Thank goodness you finally decided to keep THIS stone. :appl: I thought for a moment there I was going to have to jump on a plane and fly all the way to the US to do an emergency intervention explaining that honestly it looks amazing on you and you don't need to go any smaller..... :lol:

Enablers the lot of us!!!! :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats DS :!: :love: :appl: ...From day first I knew this beauty wasn't going back to GOG... :praise:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, LOVE IT!! The way it picks up the surrounding colors is just beautiful ... I'd seriously just walk around staring at it in different environments all day long :love: . The folks at GOG really do an amazing job don't they, and I think it's great that they get as excited as we do while we're going through the decision-making process. PLEASE post more pics of your new stone :cheeky: , it really is breathtaking DS :bigsmile: !!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think you know how I feel about this stone!! :love: :love: :love:

I am SO glad that you have decided to keep it. It is breathtaking and looks amazing on your hand! It was an honor to see it (and try it on!) in Vegas!!

Yay DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, DS, its SO AWESOME!!! Congratulations and wear it in the best of health & happiness!!! You deserve it! :appl: :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Well done, DS on making what has been a tough decision to make. Am so glad that you are really happy with the choice.

Enjoy everything that the AVR brings to you (and others) as it no doubt will cause some jealousy amongst peers with the wonderful sparkle n fire that it shows!!!!

Enjoy!!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your diamond takes my breath away! Absolutely stunning; congratulations!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's perfect DS, absolutely perfect! Congrats!

Can't wait for more photos :bigsmile:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful but there are no profile shots!!!!!!!!!! More angles!!

So pretty so pretty so pretty! I love the size on your hand. And... I think the Vatche really suits it. A rock like that doesn't need a fancy setting.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
It's perfection DS! I'm so happy you two found each other!! :love:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a truly magnificent stone DS. You must be over the moon with joy. I know I would be staring at it all day if it was on my hand. I just :love: the personality of this stone and the exquisite pastel colours it shows. Your photos are fabulous and I can only imagine how beautiful it must be in real life. And wow, great size too!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:

It's beyond gorgeous!!!!! I just love this stone!!! It looks perfect on you!

I know you must be over the moon; I would be. :)

Cachette :))

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: I am so glad you decided to keep this gorgeous stone...and more importantly that you are feeling comfortable wearing it! I can't wait to see how you decide to set it when and if you go the antique route.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results