shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2.29 ct AVR...Take 1!!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker, I keep coming back to look at your stone. I haven't even gotten my reset finished and I am already planning for my next one. Your AVR has me seriously torn. I love the idea of an AVC in a halo, but I am thinking that the faceting of this is just prettier. How do you get to see pastel flowers in your diamond??!!! Ridiculous!!! I have never seen one of these in person, and I am dying to visit NYC just to see them.

If you don't mind me asking, have you always wanted the AVR more than the AVC?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1371699398|3469097 said:
Diamondseeker, I keep coming back to look at your stone. I haven't even gotten my reset finished and I am already planning for my next one. Your AVR has me seriously torn. I love the idea of an AVC in a halo, but I am thinking that the faceting of this is just prettier. How do you get to see pastel flowers in your diamond??!!! Ridiculous!!! I have never seen one of these in person, and I am dying to visit NYC just to see them.

You sound like a true PriceScoper! ;)) I actually went with a larger stone than I originally intended because I do love the facet pattern, and I was just wanting the largest one I could feel comfortable wearing (and it also just happened to be the largest he had in my color range, anyway. I went with an AVR for my e-ring (whichh is actually an anniversary upgrade that kind of evolved into an AVR!) because I have always worn a round diamond for my e-ring! That was the one thing I could not change! I hope you get to see them in person. I did send for both AVC's and AVR's to help me figure out what I wanted. I found that I liked both, but my priority was the round since I wanted that for my e-ring.

In your case, you have a gorgeous large round for your e-ring, so I probably would go with the AVC in a halo for the other hand. And in fact, that is what I have in mind for myself for a second diamond ring! The AVC's reflect pastels in certain lighting, too. I just think you can see it better in stones with larger facets, but it certainly is not all the time since the lighting and surroundings affect what is reflected.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1371703348|3469127 said:

You sound like a true PriceScoper! ;)) I actually went with a larger stone than I originally intended because I do love the facet pattern, and I was just wanting the largest one I could feel comfortable wearing (and it also just happened to be the largest he had in my color range, anyway. I went with an AVR for my e-ring (whichh is actually an anniversary upgrade that kind of evolved into an AVR!) because I have always worn a round diamond for my e-ring! That was the one thing I could not change! I hope you get to see them in person. I did send for both AVC's and AVR's to help me figure out what I wanted. I found that I liked both, but my priority was the round since I wanted that for my e-ring.

In your case, you have a gorgeous large round for your e-ring, so I probably would go with the AVC in a halo for the other hand. And in fact, that is what I have in mind for myself for a second diamond ring! The AVC's reflect pastels in certain lighting, too. I just think you can see it better in stones with larger facets, but it certainly is not all the time since the lighting and surroundings affect what is reflected.

Hi DS, thanks for explaining. Yes it makes sense to go with a AVR cause I do have a RB which I love and am going to keep. But when I look at your sparkling snowy white flower of a AVR, my heart flutters... I watch the GOG videos and see him rotate the stones, and it reminds me of looking through a kaleidescope, where each movement brings a new rainbow of colors shifting into position. You'll have to update us every six months and tell us how you are feeling about your stone. Do you love it the same, more, want something else?? I must control myself and make sure these obsessions of mine stand the test of time. Your stone is just...out of words. I'll just go back to the pics again...

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I just stopped in to oodles again. It really really is a beautiful ring. I'm happy you finally have the perfect stone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1371708999|3469142 said:
diamondseeker2006|1371703348|3469127 said:

Hi DS, thanks for explaining. Yes it makes sense to go with a AVR cause I do have a RB which I love and am going to keep. But when I look at your sparkling snowy white flower of a AVR, my heart flutters... I watch the GOG videos and see him rotate the stones, and it reminds me of looking through a kaleidescope, where each movement brings a new rainbow of colors shifting into position. You'll have to update us every six months and tell us how you are feeling about your stone. Do you love it the same, more, want something else?? I must control myself and make sure these obsessions of mine stand the test of time. Your stone is just...out of words. I'll just go back to the pics again...

You are very sweet! Thank you! I have to tell you, I did fall in love when I received the first AVR I looked at. I loved H&A/ideal cut diamonds and still do (my studs are ACA's), but I really, really loved the AVR and was so drawn to looking at the facets. I think if you ask me in 6 months, I will still be in love, but do come back and ask me again, then! The real test would be if I had an AVC, too, and then I could give you a very informed opinion! But that will take me a little more time to do!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elisateach|1371730824|3469222 said:
I just stopped in to oodles again. It really really is a beautiful ring. I'm happy you finally have the perfect stone!

Oh, thank you, Elisa! I am happy to not be still searching, that is for sure!!! I am going to visit my mother and sisters tomorrow, so I am anxious to hear what they think!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Popping back in for another look! It's truly a demonstration of knowing what you want and having the patience to wait for it. It's always worked beautifully for you! Congrats again DS!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
OOH I forgot to comment before but I have to say I absolutely love it and it couldn't possibly take a bad picture!!! I'm so glad you finally found the one that makes your heart sing ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Christina and Pandabee!!!! :)) I wish I had had time to take some more pictures, but this has been a crazy busy week. Things never seem to slow down!

Dreamer asked for some real life pics, and my camera battery died so I just took a couple with my phone. The sun was almost down, so no fire shots today! And these aren't even remotely good...but I guess they are "real life"!!! Taken in the driveway! haha!

q_2013-06-20_19.jpg

r_2013-06-20.jpg

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
Drool..that ring is disgustingly beautiful! :lickout:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZA!!!!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1370981446|3463625 said:
And a side view of her crown and table...

This a gorgeous stone!!! My fav of your shots...OMG I love when I can see inside the diamond!!! Facets are unbelieveable!!! Congrats! It looks perfect in the solitaire setting! Classic!!! Wear it in good health DS!!!! :)) :appl:

ds_oec.jpg

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Your AVR seems to have settled onto your finger beautifully, I now think it looks great in the U113 and the prongs are exceptionally dainty. The slightly aqua, hydrangea mauve colour the diamond has picked up looks out of this world.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling|1371961824|3470800 said:
diamondseeker2006|1370981446|3463625 said:
And a side view of her crown and table...

This a gorgeous stone!!! My fav of your shots...OMG I love when I can see inside the diamond!!! Facets are unbelieveable!!! Congrats! It looks perfect in the solitaire setting! Classic!!! Wear it in good health DS!!!! :)) :appl:

Oh, thank you so much, Zestfully! You did some work to find that buried in there! That is one of my two favorites along with the one in my avatar! I do love it as it is, but in time I will probably set it in an antique style setting. I just don't want to rush since I need to be sure of what I want!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks Venti, Nala, and Polished!!! :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the additional pics, DS!! Swoooon!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="diamondseeker2006|1371256733
Thanks, DF! I am so happy you like them!

[/quote]

I'm a sucker for small table diamonds.... :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1371994795|3470879 said:
Thank you for the additional pics, DS!! Swoooon!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

You're too sweet, Phoenix!

Dancing Fire said:
[quote="diamondseeker2006|1371256733
Thanks, DF! I am so happy you like them!

I'm a sucker for small table diamonds.... :love:[/quote]

I have really grown to appreciate smaller tables as well. The first AVR that I sent for last fall had around a 52-53 table which was on the smaller side compared to my rb's which had 56-58. Then when I sent for the 2+ ct stones to look at, they had 43-45 and I really loved those! This one at 45 is about perfect to me, though, for an old style cut.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
DS - your journey to this stone inspired me/ nudged me over the edge to get an AVR of my own. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the other stones, I was considering a couple of them myself, specifically the 1.81... I love the faceting on that one! Your reviews were very helpful in my decision making. :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elysian|1372276808|3472778 said:
DS - your journey to this stone inspired me/ nudged me over the edge to get an AVR of my own. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the other stones, I was considering a couple of them myself, specifically the 1.81... I love the faceting on that one! Your reviews were very helpful in my decision making. :))

Oh, that is great to hear!!! I am glad all of my OCD indecisiveness might actually offer information someone else can use! :lol: I fell in love with that 1.81 first and still love that stone! Let me know what you decide!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love your new ring! While I don't frequent PS, this seems like the largest high color AVR I have ever seen posted. From the facets, it appears this is the newer AVR which I prefer. Congrats! Wear it in good health.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ashleigh|1372548347|3474498 said:
Wow, I love your new ring! While I don't frequent PS, this seems like the largest high color AVR I have ever seen posted. From the facets, it appears this is the newer AVR which I prefer. Congrats! Wear it in good health.

Thanks, Ashleigh! It is the newer cut OEC/AVR, and it might be the highest color over 2 cts that I have seen posted, too, now that you mention it. There have only been a few AVR's over 2 cts. and I am thinking K-L are around the colors I recall. When I have time, I'll have to look through the AVR/AVC thread and check the AVR's.

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1372567229|3474629 said:
Ashleigh|1372548347|3474498 said:

Thanks, Ashleigh! It is the newer cut OEC/AVR, and it might be the highest color over 2 cts that I have seen posted, too, now that you mention it. There have only been a few AVR's over 2 cts. and I am thinking K-L are around the colors I recall. When I have time, I'll have to look through the AVR/AVC thread and check the AVR's.

Yes, that's the thread I'm talking about. A collection of AVR and AVC. You should post your new ring there too, especially as a reference for those interested in looking at the colors and facets of the AV line. I don't see that thread anymore though.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning, I love it!!! :love: :love: :love:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOVE!!!!!! :love: Hope you're enjoying it, pretty lady!!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Can't believe I haven't posted in here!!! It's STUNNING and ENORMOUS!!!! I love those facets and it really just looks perfect on you! Question about your setting. I love the vatche, just wondering if you ever intend on putting it in a different setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results