shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I cannot find many examples of emerald cuts, OMC/OEC seem to be the preferred. Does anyone have any examples? I’ve looked through many, many pages and checked other sites.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot find many examples of emerald cuts, OMC/OEC seem to be the preferred. Does anyone have any examples? I’ve looked through many, many pages and checked other sites.
I have an 8mm asscher, but I'm not sure that helps you.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Yeah, I wish I could see the milgrain, but it’s not a total loss as I still really like the ring overall. If I really wanted to do it perfectly I would have sucked it up and done it with my go-to jeweler or one of the recommended PS vendors.

I do want to add that I love the OMC even more now that it’s set! The facets look gorgeous in all light settings and not plasticky at all. :love:
It looks very pretty set. I know the miligrain can’t be seen now. I can’t tell if it is because the detail is on the bottom side of the prongs?

It is pretty easy for a jeweler to add some miligrain detail after the fact. I have done it to many of my rings due to slight obsession

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
It looks very pretty set. I know the miligrain can’t be seen now. I can’t tell if it is because the detail is on the bottom side of the prongs?

It is pretty easy for a jeweler to add some miligrain detail after the fact. I have done it to many of my rings due to slight obsession
Thanks! The milgrain is around the tips of the basket, if that makes sense. The basket is technically supposed to be a little wider so it could be visible face up, but it ended up just a tad too small. I might ask my local jeweler if he can do something about it, but right now I like it enough as it is. He actually didn’t see it; I went to a different guy to mount it today because I felt bad going somewhere else to get this setting done... :oops::lol:

Ksparkles87

Rough_Rock
39DA97C6-E497-4785-84FF-FA2CABBE4F4C.jpeg 0B520365-76EE-4CCB-8011-76559B939750.jpeg 6CFDE5B1-6F9A-4F2C-833F-63580852EB86.jpeg

I have an 11x9mm solitaire that I absolutely adore. I wear it the most, actually, and it's the first ring I bought from Starsgem. I highly recommend their emerald cuts.

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I have an 8mm asscher, but I'm not sure that helps you.
Yes, asscher helps too! I love step cuts, and I am trying to find examples of how they display. I’d love to see your asscher, too.

I was actually wearing mine today. Stone is 11x9 from Starsgem in G/H color.

D6BC804E-7F6F-428A-8EEB-7C360244BB75.jpeg A5CF8607-DDA0-4E33-840D-2E5EEEF2E3F1.jpeg 1BFB7D8C-F37F-4E7F-A891-78DCBA49B5E0.jpeg
This is beautiful!! Did they also cut the traps for you? The design I’d like to recreate is very similar; the three stone Leon rings with the traps and bullets paired with an emerald cut center. Yours is TDF.

39DA97C6-E497-4785-84FF-FA2CABBE4F4C.jpeg 0B520365-76EE-4CCB-8011-76559B939750.jpeg 6CFDE5B1-6F9A-4F2C-833F-63580852EB86.jpeg

I have an 11x9mm solitaire that I absolutely adore. I wear it the most, actually, and it's the first ring I bought from Starsgem. I highly recommend their emerald cuts.

This is so simple and elegant, they really look so clean and beautiful in moissanite. This looks fantastic in sunlight; what color is yours? 11x9 that you and the PP posted give the emerald cut just a touch of chubbiness to the emeralds that is my favorite ratio. These are so helpful, thank you so much. I am starting to feel like this is definitely a risk I want to take!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, asscher helps too! I love step cuts, and I am trying to find examples of how they display. I’d love to see your asscher, too.

This is beautiful!! Did they also cut the traps for you? The design I’d like to recreate is very similar; the three stone Leon rings with the traps and bullets paired with an emerald cut center. Yours is TDF.

This is so simple and elegant, they really look so clean and beautiful in moissanite. This looks fantastic in sunlight; what color is yours? 11x9 that you and the PP posted give the emerald cut just a touch of chubbiness to the emeralds that is my favorite ratio. These are so helpful, thank you so much. I am starting to feel like this is definitely a risk I want to take!
I like the LM version of the ring you are talking about. I took my inspiration from an antique ring that I found on ebay but this also looks similar to his 3 stone version. The thing with the step cut moissanite side stones are they don’t give off a ton of sparkle. I would probably consider a 3 stone version of a moissanite ring for this reason. The center stone actually looks pretty good for moissanite though.

I had a family member who is a jeweler make this ring because I wanted hand engraving and miligrain work done to it. Starsgem can do miligrain work but it is machine stamped and I wanted it hand applied. I have asked before but never received a response about whether they can do engraving. If they can, it would be machine applied as well.

The one thing I would probably have changed is the ratio of my emerald & made it slightly thinner. I think that would have helped reduce some of the double refraction. It actually shows up more in picture than it does IRL. I also went with G/H color that can look warmer in pictures than what I see. I know most people have chosen colorless but I like the stones with a little bit of color. I can share some of my CAD or details if you are interested in doing something similar to mine. I think it is worth it to save money on the moissanites from Starsgem but there are limits to what they can do with a more complicated design. If you want it more refined, you might consider making it more local to where you are.

This was my inspiration pic & there is a picture of the side detail of the ring so you can see some of the antique work.
A8199EB0-5FC5-4A45-A5E3-77FCC78EFF91.jpeg
3593C91A-F7B7-4364-A253-AFE06270EFDD.jpeg

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Don’t know how I haven’t seen this before, but it is SO beautiful! I don’t even really consider myself a step cut person, but this is just glorious.

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I like the LM version of the ring you are talking about. I took my inspiration from an antique ring that I found on ebay but this also looks similar to his 3 stone version. The thing with the step cut moissanite side stones are they don’t give off a ton of sparkle. I would probably consider a 3 stone version
3593C91A-F7B7-4364-A253-AFE06270EFDD.jpeg

I was curious, too, about how moissanite would perform in those cuts. I thought the bullet shapes (making it a 5 stone like LM) might not perform well as moissanite. So, a three stone is probably a smart direction to go in. Would you be willing to share your CADs and thoughts with me? Unfortunately, StarsGem doesn’t create nearly the beauty of the scrollwork in your ring, bight I might be able to come up with something they do execute well from looking around on the boards. I’ve always wanted a classic emerald with side traps. Your jeweler really did fantastic scroll work.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been tempted to try to do this with moissy, but criss cut on the sides. Screenshot_20190527-073025_Etsy.jpg Screenshot_20190527-073040_Etsy.jpg

Excited to see all these step cut projects!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I was curious, too, about how moissanite would perform in those cuts. I thought the bullet shapes (making it a 5 stone like LM) might not perform well as moissanite. So, a three stone is probably a smart direction to go in. Would you be willing to share your CADs and thoughts with me? Unfortunately, StarsGem doesn’t create nearly the beauty of the scrollwork in your ring, bight I might be able to come up with something they do execute well from looking around on the boards. I’ve always wanted a classic emerald with side traps. Your jeweler really did fantastic scroll work.
Here is the CAD, renderings and side stones. You can have Starsgem work off of this. If you show Cherry the pictures of this ring and tell her you were speaking to me on the jewelry board, she will know who it is. Her email is Cherry Zheng ([email protected]). I know she is going to Las Vegas for a jewelry show so if you don’t get a quick answer, let me know and I can put you in touch with Grace.

The measurements are all done in cm because it was made in Europe. If your have a much smaller finger size, I can help you scale this down a bit for center stone size and side stone ratio’s. I agree that sticking with a 3 stone is a better idea. You are not very likely to see side bullets unless you scaled everything way down and I really find them to be kind of flat. I would only go for that look if I could do all the side stones in diamonds/lab diamonds. These smaller stepcuts just don’t have a ton of sparkle.

I am not sure where you are located but you could have Starsgem make this ring in platinum using this same design. They are pretty good at not making the metal work too heavy. After the ring is made, you can leave it either as plain metal or you can have a jeweler do the engraving and/or miligrain work after the fact. I think platinum will look much nicer than white gold or possibly yellow gold if that is the look you are going for. I didn’t have a problem with my center stone showing any yellow in G/H. I think the quality of their rough has gotten better and mine only has a yellow appearance when I take a picture of it. IRL, it is always white. If you give me a bit more info with your finger size/metal choice, I can help you work out some of the details.

Last thing to mention - this ring sits very low to the finger considering the size of the stone. For this reason, a band will not sit flush. I had the engraved band designed to sit next to it.

9A29DA22-5AFD-47D6-9612-08FBDA80969A.png 1083F35C-E3EC-4DE4-AA3D-802FF8DD029E.jpeg 7DEB06EB-B249-4967-BA6E-40402DD6CF56.jpeg

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Review on 14k yellow gold ring for omc moissanite...

Just a heads up, I didn’t keep my expectations super high when I bought this setting. Originally I was going to get a custom design with my local jeweler, but when he told me he was booked 2 months out, I decided to go the faster, cheaper route with Starsgem. I sent Demi some inspo photos of what kind of setting I wanted and she quoted me (less than $200 for everything!) and gave me the CAD the day after. After I approved it, it was ready in about 10ish days. Originally, it was ready in a week, but I had a slight issue with the size of the head so it had to go back to the bench to get fixed.

I just got the ring yesterday and had my OMC inserted today. The pros:

- the setting fits my ring finger PERFECTLY
- the claw prongs are perfect. I was afraid they wouldn’t nail it, but they did
- fast turnaround
- great price (less than $250 for the ring, shipping, fees, and local mounting vs $1200 with my jeweler)
- free jewelry box =)2. Didn’t expect this.
- Demi was great with customer service and communication.

The cons (being nitpicky here):
- the setting came to me with the claw prongs turned in (I’ll show a photo below). I would have preferred that the prongs weren’t turned in so the jeweler wouldn’t have to pry them open.
- I was really surprised how light this setting is, even though the CAD states 3.2 grams pre-polish. I know my ring size is small (3.75 US), but my yellow gold bezel ring is heavier and with similar dimensions on the shank. It’s more or less the same weight as my Ivy and Rose setting I bought last February, which is about 2 grams.
- I requested the head to have a visible milgrain around the stone. This is going to be a right hand ring, and I didn’t want this to look like an engagement ring. Now that I have my omc mounted, I cannot see the milgrain face up. Oh, well. I probably would have avoided this issue if I actually had Starsgem do the entire ring in the first place.

I think if this were an engagement/anniversary ring I’d be a lot more picky about the aforementioned “flaws”, but these are fun rings for me. Also for the price I paid, I am pretty happy overall. I wouldn’t hesitate to do another project again.

I’ll attach the CAD for anyone who would like to use it as well as my pics! :D

BE01FDEB-C614-4CF4-9D3D-BEB37643B2AB.jpeg

Setting:

4D161CB4-F144-4374-B7AC-32654699186B.jpeg 94B6CAF7-AAAE-4111-8895-7795C2B6C466.jpeg

Final product:

BDC81BC7-A3AA-433B-9467-5331B3F0C9BA.jpeg A1B882C8-2EC0-4439-82EB-16D422CE053A.jpeg F36C09CB-A664-4DAC-BD73-9507934DA2CE.jpeg

This looks so lovely on your hand! Also, we're small-fingered kindred: I also wear a 3.75. :)

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
This looks so lovely on your hand! Also, we're small-fingered kindred: I also wear a 3.75. :)
Thanks and hello! :love: Always nice to meet another small fingered friend. :D I think I’ve found more small fingers here than I do in real life. :lol:

I’ve always been a little envious of people who wear size 6 or 7 because I can never find rings that fit me, but I like that we can get away with wearing smaller solitaires. ;-)

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Thanks and hello! :love: Always nice to meet another small fingered friend. :D I think I’ve found more small fingers here than I do in real life. :lol:

I’ve always been a little envious of people who wear size 6 or 7 because I can never find rings that fit me, but I like that we can get away with wearing smaller solitaires. ;-)

Totally. Most people think my 1 ct. and almost-1-ct. diamonds are huge. ;-)

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@pierrotlunette btw, how do you like your 5 stone ring? I wanted to do this project a while back but wasn't sure on how big I wanted the stones...plus now I think I'd rather go the lab diamond route in the future as the prices aren't terrible.

Ok, all, I know I post way too much about this cushion but I just wore mine out today for work (I don’t wear my rings at home, plus it’s been cloudy the last few days) and I cannot stop looking at it. :love: It sparkles like crazy and I feel like the chunky facets make it look bigger than it really is.

I might consider changing the head, but the setting is still very pretty and because of the cut, I don't think it looks like a traditional engagement ring. In a sense I'm kinda glad the setting turned out the way it did. :D

BA5A7680-87AB-4560-B411-41643C35AAAD.jpeg CC86273F-4AA8-450E-A4BF-08A62B1F1C5B.jpeg FE1C6281-A837-475E-95B4-F948CFD4DF5A.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting nervous about my custom cut stones. I was told 5 days to cut them, and that was 13 days ago. I keep asking for updates and being told to "wait". Anyone else experience this?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I'm getting nervous about my custom cut stones. I was told 5 days to cut them, and that was 13 days ago. I keep asking for updates and being told to "wait". Anyone else experience this?
How big are the stones and how many? I’ve never had a custom cut done, but I’ve been debating on doing one myself down the road..

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Who is your rep? I know that a few of them left to go to Las Vegas for the jewelry show that starts on 5/31 so they might be lacking in communication. I would try the WhatsApp or wechat on their Alibaba page to get an answer. I can give you some of the other rep’s if you don’t hear in a reasonable amount of time. Just let me know....

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
0285D23C-0DBA-4821-8243-A601BB875903.jpeg My ring is done!
A7F9A249-8372-4C92-B0B3-049AEF2EB1DA.jpeg

Are you happy with it? It looks like a very solid ring and I like the height on it. I wish my SIL has chosen this type of setting. The stones on her ring are gorgeous but I love a 3 stone setting with a bit of a profile. It gives you something nice to look at when looking down at your hand...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is your rep? I know that a few of them left to go to Las Vegas for the jewelry show that starts on 5/31 so they might be lacking in communication. I would try the WhatsApp or wechat on their Alibaba page to get an answer. I can give you some of the other rep’s if you don’t hear in a reasonable amount of time. Just let me know....
This is all over wechat. They keep saying, "don't worry. Wait" it's obviously not the end of the world, but just annoying.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This is all over wechat. They keep saying, "don't worry. Wait" it's obviously not the end of the world, but just annoying.
Yeah...it is still frustrating. I think my last one took 5 weeks because they had that holiday in-between. That was the longest I have ever waited.

Now I don’t even think I will be using it which is kind of a waste. The jeweler is trying to lower the bigger stone because the ruby collar isn’t giving me many options for a smaller stone. I just couldn’t see how it was going to work as soon as I opened the package. I guess the 9x8 will have to go up on Loupe Troupe.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah...it is still frustrating. I think my last one took 5 weeks because they had that holiday in-between. That was the longest I have ever waited.

Now I don’t even think I will be using it which is kind of a waste. The jeweler is trying to lower the bigger stone because the ruby collar isn’t giving me many options for a smaller stone. I just couldn’t see how it was going to work as soon as I opened the package. I guess the 9x8 will have to go up on Loupe Troupe.
Which stone? The smaller elongated one?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Which stone? The smaller elongated one?
I didn’t get a chance to talk to the jeweler today. I am a bit annoyed but I am not sure who with since I am the one driving this. If I keep the same stone and lower it, I will be fine with the size. It was just the height. That does mean I have a 9x8 ACC and a bale pendant that has no stone to put in it now. I might get a hydrothermal emerald or maybe a cheap blue topaz cut because recycling the gold will be a waste. Might as well get a pendant out of it.

The ACC looks slightly warmer than the one that is set I noticed when I received it. It is not yellow but it is warmer.

AECAE076-3EF9-495B-A415-80C3C834CD63.jpeg
40961835-B865-4668-AF86-ABC3FBC8AA6C.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t get a chance to talk to the jeweler today. I am a bit annoyed but I am not sure who with since I am the one driving this. If I keep the same stone and lower it, I will be fine with the size. It was just the height. That does mean I have a 9x8 ACC and a bale pendant that has no stone to put in it now. I might get a hydrothermal emerald or maybe a cheap blue topaz cut because recycling the gold will be a waste. Might as well get a pendant out of it.

The ACC looks slightly warmer than the one that is set I noticed when I received it. It is not yellow but it is warmer.

AECAE076-3EF9-495B-A415-80C3C834CD63.jpeg
40961835-B865-4668-AF86-ABC3FBC8AA6C.jpeg
Ahh gotcha! So annoying. Well I call dibs if mine doesn't work from SG :)

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
Are you happy with it? It looks like a very solid ring and I like the height on it. I wish my SIL has chosen this type of setting. The stones on her ring are gorgeous but I love a 3 stone setting with a bit of a profile. It gives you something nice to look at when looking down at your hand...

I LOVE IT! Although I do wish maybe I would have did a 2.5mm width shank instead of 3mm or have it tapered by the side stones.. but oh well I love it can’t wait to receive it! I’ll def post photos once it arrives

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT! Although I do wish maybe I would have did a 2.5mm width shank instead of 3mm or have it tapered by the side stones.. but oh well I love it can’t wait to receive it! I’ll def post photos once it arrives
I did tell ya to do 2.5!! I think if you want it a bit thinner, you might try to have them polish it down a bit more. They might be able to do it and it’s harder if you have to do it locally because they might not being willing to work with moissanite.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh my stones are done!!! Haha I wonder if they check these boards. Waiting on a video, but here are cell phone pics from the rep

Screenshot_20190528-200438_WhatsApp.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results