shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
@Ra2nl Well, bring it to a jeweler to get a professional cleaned maybe? Before that, examine it with super magnified glass to see what is the cause. The culet might be chipped, but I hope it not the case. Good luck =)2=)2=)2
P.S I find that this video say it all
I'm going to the jeweler and see if they can clean it. I used a loupe and from what i can see it's on both side of the culet. Seems like it's damaged. I was so happy with my ring but now not anymore. If i can get a good shot i will send Grace a message and see what she has to say about this.
The video is really great. Thanks!

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
40A8E476-1009-468B-AB0F-9F1F51A653DF.png View attachment 689513 608EB573-796A-4A26-93CE-6BB6D22C73FB.jpeg
I'm going to message Grace. After i have looked through my videos and pictures i have taken on the arrival day, i have notice the spots were there already. I haven't noticed it before, only with certain light fall and after i purchased a loupe. This is my first moissanite so i don't have any experience. Do you have any spots like this in your moissanites?

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
CBBB27C8-1D26-4B7A-8C12-73D10BCAAEB0.jpeg
Has anyone purchased a I/Jcolored stone from stargems? I'm going to have a 4mm oec 5 stone ring made and I'm not sure what to go with. I have a 7.5mm OEC in GH & i find it to face up very white. My er is a K/L. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I got IJ emerald cut 45F93384-4764-4ECA-AF4A-90A76440E936.jpeg 4C2CB69E-3538-45D0-B1FD-C714639CC1FA.jpeg and marquise cut moissanites from starsgem. I really like warm colored stones so the very slight yellow i see doesnt bother me. Here are pictures of my stones in yellow light and the marquise beside my J colored forevermark diamond engagement ring

I am also talking to Demi right now for an OEC earring...either GH or IJ...below is the photo she sent me

jso72

Rough_Rock
Thank you @swaye2010 & @Megra_amazona for your replies! I'm leaning towards the JK just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm going to talk to Mona about JK stones but I'm not hopeful she was having trouble getting GH.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone purchased a I/Jcolored stone from stargems? I'm going to have a 4mm oec 5 stone ring made and I'm not sure what to go with. I have a 7.5mm OEC in GH & i find it to face up very white. My er is a K/L. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I have the same dilemma but it seems most folks order DEF or GH. I want a round H&A and don’t love the blinding white of a colorless stone. I’ve still heard GH faces up really white, like you said. If I was doing an antique cut, I wouldn’t hesitate going IJ. I’ve also been told by more than one rep (from different companies) that the smaller the stones, the whiter they appear. IJ gets my vote.

Another PSer ordered Asscher earrings and jackets and I believe, according to her post on the Tianyu thread (page 6) they’re all IJ. On page 9 of that same thread another user got bezel earrings that were IJ in rose gold. I’m not color sensitive, but they all look really white to me!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...asscher-studs-and-oec-earring-jackets.241670/

jso72

Rough_Rock
I have a ACC and 7.5 mm oec in GH. I can see a hint of color in the acc but the oec is very white to me. I prefer a hint of color in the old cuts.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, did you received a certificate along with your loose stones or rings?
I received one and i used google for translation.
It says " faceted white visible facet edge ghost"
Meaning the stains i see?
Please give me your thoughts.

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Have you all had your representative at SG ask you to provide the value of your own package? I've ordered from Mona and Tianyu and haven't had this question before. Lucy asked what I wanted them to write on the package and how much it was worth. I have no idea.

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
I don't want to have her write something that will get the ring seized. :(

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I don't want to have her write something that will get the ring seized. :(
I usually have them write $50 or $60 on the package. I am not sure what the value ceiling is in the US for additional custom’s duties though since it is difficult to figure out exactly what it even is. They mark it as CZ which is an acceptable declaration because it is not a diamond. I have had deliveries also in Europe and had to pay 25% VAT on the declared value and I think in Canada is can be up to 50% VAT. It doesn’t make it cheaper to order from China if you get hit with really high import taxes so that is why they ask. I don’t think you have to worry about it getting seized but you can either tell them $50 if you are in the US or see if the value you paid will still incur additional charges. They don’t make it easy when trying to look this stuff up but maybe someone else will chime in. I think Tianyu just automatically puts $50 as well unless the paid value is over $1000.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@pierrotlunette , I wouldn’t worry, just declare a low value under $100. I bought an authentic Chanel bag overseas and the seller used DHL. Customs never opened it, arrived at my doorstep within 3 days. When I received it, I was shocked that they declared it for $134! :-o It seems the lower the value, the less likely customs will examine it.

So if that can make it without being seized, anything is possible. :lol: Btw, I didn’t request the seller to do this for me, hence my shock.

Last edited:

Ksparkles87

Rough_Rock
Have you all had your representative at SG ask you to provide the value of your own package? I've ordered from Mona and Tianyu and haven't had this question before. Lucy asked what I wanted them to write on the package and how much it was worth. I have no idea.
I had Demi ask me this when she sent me my 3 rings on Monday, although she didn’t ask me when she sent me my last package. I looked it up and saw $800 as the threshold, but was recently raised from $200. I just asked her to declare $150 to be on the safe side since it was under both numbers. I’ve bought various things regularly from overseas and haven’t yet had an issue (knock on wood).

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
@sd_flp and @swaye2010 - thank you both for your replies! I told her to ask Cherry if she had questions, but she put "Gift - CZ" and 30 USD on the parcel. I was just a bit confused because no vendor had ever asked me for this - they've simply done it themselves.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010 was it you who posted a pic of an ACC/oval hybrid cut you asked one of the vendor's for? I can't find the post, and now can't remember if it was you, or @Lucky_Rabbit, or neither. Haha so many threads !

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
@Megra_amazona

How do you like the marquise cut?

I compare them to my J colored forevermark diamond and aside from a bit more yellow tinge, the sparkle, shine and fire is the same (comparison done in indoor light). I havent seen the stones under sunlight, though.

I am a bit bothered by a tiny bow-tie (i specifically asked for none) but demi said since I asked for IJ stones, the bow tie is from the shadows made by the color (i dont understand that explanation much). But i cannot complain, even my diamond ering has a slight bow tie.

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Fyi: Lucy sent a video of the completed ring. I don't own anything in yellow gold and quite like the contrast. I'm excited to get the final product!

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
I asked them to build up the sides a little to avoid prongs poking my finger. Their bench did a nice job.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I compare them to my J colored forevermark diamond and aside from a bit more yellow tinge, the sparkle, shine and fire is the same (comparison done in indoor light). I havent seen the stones under sunlight, though.

I am a bit bothered by a tiny bow-tie (i specifically asked for none) but demi said since I asked for IJ stones, the bow tie is from the shadows made by the color (i dont understand that explanation much). But i cannot complain, even my diamond ering has a slight bow tie.

Thank you, @Megra_amazona
I think I may be able to live with a tiny bowtie. If I'd gotten a marquise originally, long before finding PS, I'd probably have a large one! I wish I could see the color in person first. Still, I'm thinking that since I want to put it in my yellow gold solitaire, an IJ should be okay. Maybe they have an HI? I'll have to look into it further. Thanks again!

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
Thank you, @Megra_amazona
I think I may be able to live with a tiny bowtie. If I'd gotten a marquise originally, long before finding PS, I'd probably have a large one! I wish I could see the color in person first. Still, I'm thinking that since I want to put it in my yellow gold solitaire, an IJ should be okay. Maybe they have an HI? I'll have to look into it further. Thanks again!

The bowtie in starsgem’s marquise is really acceptable, I was just being too picky.

I suggest GH. If you put it in a yellow gold setting itll show just enough warmth. My IJ stones show yellowish in direct light...so I’m a bit worried cause I plan to set them in rose and yellow gold...they might show too much yellow at that point. Let’s see what my jeweler will say. I plan to make stacking rings, earrings and bangles with my marquise moissanites this July. Will give you an update then.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Update
I have talked to Grace about my moissanite that isn't eyeclean(bought as VVS clarity) Her boss said because it's moissanite and it's not the same like diamonds, so it's normal.
Why selling them as VVS? Better was to said it's SI/I clarity
I'm totally not happy with my stone.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update
I have talked to Grace about my moissanite that isn't eyeclean(bought as VVS clarity) Her boss said because it's moissanite and it's not the same like diamonds, so it's normal.
Why selling them as VVS? Better was to said it's SI/I clarity
I'm totally not happy with my stone.
That's just wrong. I've never seen any inclusions in my moissanite stones that were purchased as VS/VVS. So that's just 100% false that it's about it being moissy. By definition, VVS means that you can't see any inclusions with the naked eye.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
That's just wrong. I've never seen any inclusions in my moissanite stones that were purchased as VS/VVS. So that's just 100% false that it's about it being moissy. By definition, VVS means that you can't see any inclusions with the naked eye.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts!
I have send them lots of pictures and video where you can see the inclusions clearly, taken with an Iphone.
I wouldn't mind the inclusions if i knew this before and have paid for a lower quality. I feel like they sent me an inferior stone and wouldn't admit it.

cressyrose

Rough_Rock

I received a loose 6mm IJ omc just last week. It's yellow in some types of indoor lighting, and buttery white in daylight. Still very pretty, and I think it would look lovely set in yellow gold!

I do think the stone looks warmer in real life than in the photograph. Must be the camera.

IMG_20190507_081017.jpg

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I received a loose 6mm IJ omc just last week. It's yellow in some types of indoor lighting, and buttery white in daylight. Still very pretty, and I think it would look lovely set in yellow gold!

I do think the stone looks warmer in real life than in the photograph. Must be the camera.

IMG_20190507_081017.jpg
Omg. This is gorgeous!!!! :kiss2:
I definitely want an OEC in this color!

jso72

Rough_Rock
Beautiful stone! I just placed my order last night. I went with IJ in white gold 4mm oec's. I hope it's as pretty!

steveholt

Rough_Rock
I had emailed Starsgems about pricing for an IJ round, and asked for example pics -- if anyone is interested, here are the pics Lucy sent to me. The video shows them better, but I only have an Imgur link for that one.

2.jpg 1.jpg

Last edited:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I had emailed Starsgems about pricing for an IJ round, and asked for example pics -- if anyone is interested, here are the pics Lucy sent to me. The video shows them better, but I only have an Imgur link for that one.

2.jpg 1.jpg

Thank you for this! I’ve seen IJ stones but not in loose H&A. Do you mind posting the Imgur link for the video? :geek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results