shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

zeebo56

Rough_Rock
I asked the jeweler and I'll see what they say.

So I'm assuming it isn't normal for there to be inclusions that are easily visible?

It's hard to get a picture with the lighting to show them. Camera doesn't capture it right. Maybe I'll try with a nice camera and not a phone camera.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

So I'm assuming it isn't normal for there to be inclusions that are easily visible?

It's hard to get a picture with the lighting to show them. Camera doesn't capture it right. Maybe I'll try with a nice camera and not a phone camera.

Some 4H moissanite does have inclusions. I have a couple Amora gems that were graded SI1. I haven’t looked too hard for inclusions but they’re there.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't think it's normal but moissanite comes in various quality levels just like other stones...I have a some cheap ones tiny ones bought from ebay that have visible inclusions but the 2 i've bought loose from C&C and starsgem don't have any visible flaws. i'd be upset if a reputable vendor sold me a piece with visible flaws

zeebo56

Rough_Rock
inclusions 2.png inclusions 1.png inclusions 4.png

These are the best pictures I could take with a camera to show where the inclusions are . They are two tiny bubbles like inclusions that won't go away from that spot no matter how many times I use soap and water and a little brushing to try to clean the stone.

They are only visible when sunlight or a good light source hits them but they bother me so much.

Attachments

• inclusions 3.png
    inclusions 3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 63

lisalikessparkles

Rough_Rock
I am hunting a radiant.. or considering a cushion.. GOD WHY CANT I STOP.
What do you think of the colour? I have had so many starsgem rings now and I cant settle on something I love.
I had a 9x7 cushion from moissayco but the GH colour put me off. I need whiter. I considered a radiant but not sure I'll love the shape on my hand and I've heard they still show alot of warmth.

Screenshot_20190422-165408.png Screenshot_20190422-165331.png Screenshot_20190422-165400.png . These are the 2 stones i ordered from starsgem. 8x10 DE cushion was set in a custom ring made by David Klass, he did amazing work and I only waited a few weeks.

The other stone is a 7x9.5 DE radiant cut. Both do look really nice. But I don't have a need for the radiant cut now.

Where is a good place/forum to sell moissanite stones? I'm pretty new to these online forums.

Another question is does anyone have any inclusions or things they can see inside their stones when they look very very close? Or are most of these moissanites flawless?

Thanks
whats

zeebo56

Rough_Rock
I am hunting a radiant.. or considering a cushion.. GOD WHY CANT I STOP.
What do you think of the colour? I have had so many starsgem rings now and I cant settle on something I love.
I had a 9x7 cushion from moissayco but the GH colour put me off. I need whiter. I considered a radiant but not sure I'll love the shape on my hand and I've heard they still show alot of warmth.

whats

If you are interested in a 7x9.5 radiant or just want to see what it looks like without having to buy it first, and willing to pay about $7 shipping each way I can ship it to you for you to check it out.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
How long did it take you guys to get pics of your ring from when you approved the CADs?

I approved one set and an still waiting on adjustments for the other but she didn’t give me a timeframe on completion for either ring.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
How long did it take you guys to get pics of your ring from when you approved the CADs?

I approved one set and an still waiting on adjustments for the other but she didn’t give me a timeframe on completion for either ring.
I approved the CAD on March 27th and April 12th I received pictures of my ring. So about 2 weeks

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ring arrived today! I am very happy with it! The stone is a 7x9 elongated ACC, with 6 3mm side stones. I am currently wearing it with my 5 stone from Mona because I can't get it off my finger. :oops2: It was very hard to run errands today-I kept staring at it, and I don't recommend DWB (driving while blinging). :lol:
IMG_2085.JPG IMG_2083.JPG
IMG_2084.JPG

repgirldaisy

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Hoping I can get some advice again — you have been so helpful! I approved my CAD on April 18 and asked Cherry if I could see a photo of my stone before it was set. It’s been radio silence since then, so I pinged her a few days ago to check in and see if she has any photos. Cherry replied to me today and told me my ring had already been made. She sent a video but no photos.

https://imgur.com/a/ok566RT

What do you guys think? I’m happy with the design — it’s slightly different from the inspiration and some changes were made from the CAD, but overall I think it looks great. I’m worried about the center stone, however — it looks kind of cloudy in the video? Should I ask Cherry to take still photos of the ring? I’m a little frusteated because I specifically asked to see the stone before it was set twice and she ignored me. If any of you have suggestions on what to ask Cherry for in terms of photos, I’d appreciate the advice!

Cherry gave me the best price, but if I could do this over, I’d choose to work with Grace or Joice instead. Both have been much easier to communicate with and more responsive than Cherry, which speaks to how busy she must be managing their team.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Hoping I can get some advice again — you have been so helpful! I approved my CAD on April 18 and asked Cherry if I could see a photo of my stone before it was set. It’s been radio silence since then, so I pinged her a few days ago to check in and see if she has any photos. Cherry replied to me today and told me my ring had already been made. She sent a video but no photos.

https://imgur.com/a/ok566RT

What do you guys think? I’m happy with the design — it’s slightly different from the inspiration and some changes were made from the CAD, but overall I think it looks great. I’m worried about the center stone, however — it looks kind of cloudy in the video? Should I ask Cherry to take still photos of the ring? I’m a little frusteated because I specifically asked to see the stone before it was set twice and she ignored me. If any of you have suggestions on what to ask Cherry for in terms of photos, I’d appreciate the advice!

Cherry gave me the best price, but if I could do this over, I’d choose to work with Grace or Joice instead. Both have been much easier to communicate with and more responsive than Cherry, which speaks to how busy she must be managing their team.
I would ask for some still pictures. I know Cherry gets busy but sometimes you just have to keep bugging. Did you go colorless with the princess cut? The video looks ok to me. I don’t remember your exact inspiration picture but the quality of the setting is good. I haven’t seen a ton of princess cuts from them but I think the still pictures will help assess the quality of the stone.

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Is anyone here working with Lucy? She's been helping me with a 5-stone and I'm a bit frustrated. She is wonderfully responsive, but we've reached an impasse re: the ring. I specifically asked - more than once - to approve the stones before they were set and she agreed. I then received a pre-polish photo of the ring, stones already placed, and was asked to approve. I expressed my concerns to her, and she then replied that if I'd wanted to approve the stones, I should've said so.:x2 I then sent screenshots of the conversations where we'd discussed the issue, and then received, "so sorry! Do you approve?" I asked for more photos of the ring, but you can't see the stone quality at all. When I asked for additional shots, she told me that I shouldn't expect much, the factory workers don't know how to take good photos. :(2 Needless to say, I'm not happy. IMG-20190424-WA0011.jpg IMG-20190424-WA0002.jpg

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
And here's the last video Lucy sent:

theonlywayisorange

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I posted my inspiration pics and my CAD from Starsgem over on WB but I wanted to post here too because I know there are a lot of people on this forum with more expertise than me :) . I have two questions: do you think the CAD can be adjusted to make the ring a little shallower (inspo ring is 2.3mm tall)? And do you think I should size up a 1/4 size with how wide the ring is? I have both 7.25 and 7.5 rings and a 7.5 usually spins a lot even in the summer, but I'm worried the width will cause this to fit tighter. Thanks in advance!

7eef2abc-1b22-4562-b32b-f1caf73bdfa1.JPG
image (1).png
image.png

jso72

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased a I/Jcolored stone from stargems? I'm going to have a 4mm oec 5 stone ring made and I'm not sure what to go with. I have a 7.5mm OEC in GH & i find it to face up very white. My er is a K/L. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I posted my inspiration pics and my CAD from Starsgem over on WB but I wanted to post here too because I know there are a lot of people on this forum with more expertise than me :) . I have two questions: do you think the CAD can be adjusted to make the ring a little shallower (inspo ring is 2.3mm tall)? And do you think I should size up a 1/4 size with how wide the ring is? I have both 7.25 and 7.5 rings and a 7.5 usually spins a lot even in the summer, but I'm worried the width will cause this to fit tighter. Thanks in advance!

7eef2abc-1b22-4562-b32b-f1caf73bdfa1.JPG
image (1).png
image.png
The ring is almost 5mm wide so if you can put on other rings that you have that might be equal to this to see how it fits. That is a pretty wide band so I would probably size up. You can ask them to make it not as thick but it might have something to do with the size of the stones. Are you sure they are exactly the same as your inspiration picture? Honestly, the bezel band looks like 2mm and 3mm moissanites instead of 2.5 and 3.5. That might be why it is thicker on the CAD.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
And here's the last video Lucy sent:
I know this gets frustrating...this is what happens as they get so busy off the various boards now. When I get the shipping notice for my order, I will mention this to Cherry so it doesn’t keep happening. In the video it does look really good though.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone purchased a I/Jcolored stone from stargems? I'm going to have a 4mm oec 5 stone ring made and I'm not sure what to go with. I have a 7.5mm OEC in GH & i find it to face up very white. My er is a K/L. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
I have only seen 2 people order I/J colored stones. One was a small pear and the other was an 10x12 ACC. The pear still faced up kind of white but you could see some body color. The ACC did look a little more buttery but it was a huge stone. I wouldn’t say very yellow but a light buttery color. If you are trying to match it up to your K/L e-ring and it has a buttery color, then I think that would work. The prices go down a lot when you get into that color range so that is a positive.

repgirldaisy

Rough_Rock
I would ask for some still pictures. I know Cherry gets busy but sometimes you just have to keep bugging. Did you go colorless with the princess cut? The video looks ok to me. I don’t remember your exact inspiration picture but the quality of the setting is good. I haven’t seen a ton of princess cuts from them but I think the still pictures will help assess the quality of the stone.

Thank you! I asked Cherry to send more photos and she sent a 2nd video (not quite what I asked for, but good enough): https://m.imgur.com/a/bzCd6aM

It looks great! I've given her the go ahead for shipping. I've been hands off with Cherry because I know how busy she is, but thanks for giving me the confidence to reach out to her and let her know I really needed more photos before shipping.

zeebo56

Rough_Rock
I am pretty unhappy as well. I had some bubble inclusions and other imperfections that I was able to see. Grace at starsgem was arguing that the stone was perfect and there weren't any problems with it.

I had to go back and forth for a while before she agreed to let me send it back and get a replacement. Hopefully the replacement is better. I'll be disappointed if it isnt.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
4579D185-4660-4F40-A0ED-3296B0BB2D62.jpeg FB1E1F23-D21D-4549-B47E-9FD638298139.jpeg
I need some help please!
I got my ring for 1 week now and after 2 days i saw a tiny white spot on the edge of the culet. Noticeable with naked eye. I try to clean it with dish soap and a baby toothbrush but it won't go away. It became worse and also on the other side.
What should i do?

Attachments

• C3AA3539-D3A6-46B2-8065-A66883CC4369.jpeg
    C3AA3539-D3A6-46B2-8065-A66883CC4369.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 68
  • A2A1929A-3067-4DE0-B180-A5DE9C7EC91D.jpeg
    A2A1929A-3067-4DE0-B180-A5DE9C7EC91D.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 72

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
4579D185-4660-4F40-A0ED-3296B0BB2D62.jpeg FB1E1F23-D21D-4549-B47E-9FD638298139.jpeg
I need some help please!
I got my ring for 1 week now and after 2 days i saw a tiny white spot on the edge of the culet. Noticeable with naked eye. I try to clean it with dish soap and a baby toothbrush but it won't go away. It became worse and also on the other side.
What should i do?
It might be the dreaded oil slick. Order a sunshine polishing cloth off amazon and see if that does the trick

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
@baileydare16 I have a sunshine cloth. Now need to figure out how to get inside the prong lol.
Thank you!

tpl001

Rough_Rock
I need some help please!
What should i do?
If you have an espresso machine with a steamer wand, put it under that strong steam, all dirt will go away. Dip your ring in a mild dish soap and repeat to get the best result. If you dont have espresso machine, use a kettle. Wait until water is boiling, and the kettle make sound. Dont forget to wear glove or use a tong to hold your ring. Put the ring in the steam stream. I tried this with my er and my moissy ring. My rings look like new every single time I do that deep clean cycle. I hope this help.

theonlywayisorange

Rough_Rock
The ring is almost 5mm wide so if you can put on other rings that you have that might be equal to this to see how it fits. That is a pretty wide band so I would probably size up. You can ask them to make it not as thick but it might have something to do with the size of the stones. Are you sure they are exactly the same as your inspiration picture? Honestly, the bezel band looks like 2mm and 3mm moissanites instead of 2.5 and 3.5. That might be why it is thicker on the CAD.

I did ask for larger stones--sorry, forgot to include that in my original post. I'm planning to wear this mostly by itself for now so I wanted something a little more substantial. They are going to try to make it sit a little lower, and I did decide to go up a 1/4 size.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
@tpl001 I've tried your advise 3 times now but no luck. Soaked in water and vinegar too. I also tried to clean the culet afterwards with a rubber toothpick and a toothbrush. The stains are still there, seems like some kind of glass corrosion but that is not possible.

tpl001

Rough_Rock
@tpl001 I've tried your advise 3 times now but no luck. Soaked in water and vinegar too. I also tried to clean the culet afterwards with a rubber toothpick and a toothbrush. The stains are still there, seems like some kind of glass corrosion but that is not possible.
@Ra2nl Well, bring it to a jeweler to get a professional cleaned maybe? Before that, examine it with super magnified glass to see what is the cause. The culet might be chipped, but I hope it not the case. Good luck =)2=)2=)2
P.S I find that this video say it all

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results