shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
158E5CFA-057F-4151-8E8B-01E059968CD2.jpeg
Can someone help me out with what size for a OMC ? I am a size 4 but would love a more chubby elongated cushion. Can someone help me? I was telling grace for a ( 10.5 x 8 ) but I honestly don’t even know what that really looks like haha

Check out this site for the size of your stone.
https://www.diamdb.com/

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I am a size 5 and I went for an 8x7 because I wanted elongated but not too elongated. For me 10.5 x 8 would just be too large, but I am not a "bigger is better" person.

I think sometimes in the really large stones the facets are so large they don't look as nice. Personal opinion.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone help me out with what size for a OMC ? I am a size 4 but would love a more chubby elongated cushion. Can someone help me? I was telling grace for a ( 10.5 x 8 ) but I honestly don’t even know what that really looks like haha
I think if you want it more chubby, you should go for a 9x8 or a 9x10. How many carats are you after? The size you mentioned is more elongated and would also be pretty big on your finger size.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
I think if you want it more chubby, you should go for a 9x8 or a 9x10. How many carats are you after? The size you mentioned is more elongated and would also be pretty big on your finger size.

Thank you for your help! How many carats would it be if it’s a 9x10 ? I tried to look on diamdb.com but what do I add for the depth part to see what it would look like on my finger? Sorry I’m such a newbie I don’t know lol

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your help! How many carats would it be if it’s a 9x10 ? I tried to look on diamdb.com but what do I add for the depth part to see what it would look like on my finger? Sorry I’m such a newbie I don’t know lol
You are looking at around 3.75-4 carats in this size. I went for a 10x11 and that is close to 5 carats. It didn’t look too big when it was loose but once I set the stone, it was so deep that it is sitting like an ice cube off of my finger. A cushion is a very deep cut so you have to take that into consideration even though they face up smaller. I decided to reorder another cushion in a 9x8 and I wear a size 8 to replace the one in my custom designed ring. I am going to take the huge stone and make a pendant with it. I would go for a 9x8 personally for your tiny finger size. That will still be plenty big.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
You are looking at around 3.75-4 carats in this size. I went for a 10x11 and that is close to 5 carats. It didn’t look too big when it was loose but once I set the stone, it was so deep that it is sitting like an ice cube off of my finger. A cushion is a very deep cut so you have to take that into consideration even though they face up smaller. I decided to reorder another cushion in a 9x8 and I wear a size 8 to replace the one in my custom designed ring. I am going to take the huge stone and make a pendant with it. I would go for a 9x8 personally for your tiny finger size. That will still be plenty big.
Thanks so much! I think I’ll end up with the 9x10 as I always get shrinkage!! thank you so much!!

Would you recommend I do GH to save cost or with the OMC I should go with DEF?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with G/H from them because that is still really white.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
4AD480B9-44CE-4F55-9C10-7B25280B19AD.jpeg
This is a 10x8.5 on my size 12 fingers. It’s around 3.35ct. I don’t know if it’s going to be your every day ring or anything but maybe this gives you an idea of size. Check diamdb to compare sizes on your finger

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
4AD480B9-44CE-4F55-9C10-7B25280B19AD.jpeg
This is a 10x8.5 on my size 12 fingers. It’s around 3.35ct. I don’t know if it’s going to be your every day ring or anything but maybe this gives you an idea of size. Check diamdb to compare sizes on your finger
Thanks for the photo! Honestly I know it sounds sooooo huge on my finger size but idk what it is but I loveeeee finger coverage and I always tend to get shrinkage!! so hopefully this will do it for me. This will be my everyday ring as this will be my upgrade ring, I had a 1.25 carat round diamond and I thought it was small after wearing it for a while. UGH.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the photo! Honestly I know it sounds sooooo huge on my finger size but idk what it is but I loveeeee finger coverage and I always tend to get shrinkage!! so hopefully this will do it for me. This will be my everyday ring as this will be my upgrade ring, I had a 1.25 carat round diamond and I thought it was small after wearing it for a while. UGH.
I think you will still be ok on finger coverage. That wasn’t the problem for me either. It was the height off the finger because a ‘squarer’ stone is super deep. Just make sure you pick a solitaire or 3 stone design that sits really low or you will be knocking it all the time. A lot of people have chosen the ‘Rachel’ design from True Gem and SG now does lab diamond pave which doesn’t cost much more than the moissanite if you are going for that sort of look.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock

Do you have a photo of your 9x8 ? :) would love to see! Also is a 9x8 a more chubbier look? That’s what I’m aiming for.

Last edited:

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
I think you will still be ok on finger coverage. That wasn’t the problem for me either. It was the height off the finger because a ‘squarer’ stone is super deep. Just make sure you pick a solitaire or 3 stone design that sits really low or you will be knocking it all the time. A lot of people have chosen the ‘Rachel’ design from True Gem and SG now does lab diamond pave which doesn’t cost much more than the moissanite if you are going for that sort of look.
Yes ! That’s the look I’m going for! I’m replicating the Rachel ring but I’m changing it up to have a 2.5mm width and I’m also choosing their lab diamonds for the side stones. Is the Rachel ring setting low? Yeah I’m also worried about knocking it everywhere so I want to get as much as advice before I make this purchase.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Yes ! That’s the look I’m going for! I’m replicating the Rachel ring but I’m changing it up to have a 2.5mm width and I’m also choosing their lab diamonds for the side stones. Is the Rachel ring setting low? Yeah I’m also worried about knocking it everywhere so I want to get as much as advice before I make this purchase.
I think that is the best look for that particular stone and with the lab diamonds it will be really stunning. The ring does sit pretty low but keep in mind that a band won’t sit flush. There will be a small gap (not huge) but for that look, I think it is fine.

I asked Starsgem to send me a video but since their people on the warehouse side can’t seem to give me more than a 4 second video, it is kind of hard to tell. I am including pics of my first ring that I did about a year ago that has a 9x8.5, which was around 2.75 carats. I really liked this one a lot but the moissanite baguettes were not great so I am redoing it with diamond ones and also adding hand engraving. I went bigger on the new one with an 11x9 but the setting sits all the way low to the finger so I am not as worried about this one. The 11x10 that I got in a vintage design is so high that it just looks ridiculous so I have no choice but to change that one out.

The first two pic’s are are of the 2.75. The 2nd pic is on my daughter’s hand and I think her middle finger is about a size 4 so you get an idea of what that size looks like for finger coverage. The last is the video of the new stone in G/H.
https://imgur.com/a/tKVN3Zf

Video:

https://imgur.com/a/IPpbYAB

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
I got a 9X10 GH color acc like the 2nd photo. The ring is in platinum. Jocie at starsgem was very responsive and the whole process was cery quick. It only took a week to make the setting. Please excuse my dry hairy hand.

78E47675-5881-4122-91F4-EB9D9C104E41.jpeg

ED32FF96-9A6E-4C6A-9B51-72F5433B4EE8.png

F613C467-4E1C-4988-8EED-FC0D998BB931.jpeg

I really love your chubby 9x10 ACC moissanite do you feel it’s too big? I’m thinking of this size but I’m debating haha

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
I think that is the best look for that particular stone and with the lab diamonds it will be really stunning. The ring does sit pretty low but keep in mind that a band won’t sit flush. There will be a small gap (not huge) but for that look, I think it is fine.

I asked Starsgem to send me a video but since their people on the warehouse side can’t seem to give me more than a 4 second video, it is kind of hard to tell. I am including pics of my first ring that I did about a year ago that has a 9x8.5, which was around 2.75 carats. I really liked this one a lot but the moissanite baguettes were not great so I am redoing it with diamond ones and also adding hand engraving. I went bigger on the new one with an 11x9 but the setting sits all the way low to the finger so I am not as worried about this one. The 11x10 that I got in a vintage design is so high that it just looks ridiculous so I have no choice but to change that one out.

The first two pic’s are are of the 2.75. The 2nd pic is on my daughter’s hand and I think her middle finger is about a size 4 so you get an idea of what that size looks like for finger coverage. The last is the video of the new stone in G/H.
https://imgur.com/a/tKVN3Zf

Video:

https://imgur.com/a/IPpbYAB

Wow. Awesome. Well I think now I think I should really go with the 9x8.5 since it seems the perfect size instead of the 9x10 .. all this sizing talk is giving me a headache I just don’t want to regret it.. and since this will be a everyday ring I really need to make the right choice

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
0D70DCF5-E7A8-4B7F-8135-CDA7A2327215.jpeg
Wow. Awesome. Well I think now I think I should really go with the 9x8.5 since it seems the perfect size instead of the 9x10 .. all this sizing talk is giving me a headache I just don’t want to regret it.. and since this will be a everyday ring I really need to make the right choice
I think you’ll be fine around that size area. My ring sits a little high but it’s not terrible. I also went with the Rachel setting except I had it modified to be a cathedral setting so it’s more secure since the stone is pretty big. Also I had the band modified to be wider too. Mine is 2.4mm wide. I used 2.2mm side stones

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I bough
I bought the first 9x8.5 ACC on the first page of this long thread. Keep in mind that I have a size 8 finger and it was decent coverage for me. I got the size off the Schubach website and it is just slightly elongated which helps that it isn’t quite as deep. Several people since then have used this a sizing guide and I think it is a smart choice for size. Big but not so big that it looks ridiculous. It will look bigger than your round diamond so I wouldn’t worry too much. This style is so popular that if you wanted to change it, you just list it on Loupe Troupe or Diamond Bistro and it will sell pretty quick. You might loose a little but not much so there are options if you ever want to change it.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This is luckyrabbit’s 8x9.5 ACC on size 7.5 ‘Rachel’ ring. This is not modified for a cathedral which is also an option but it is the same as the True Gem one in G/H but with moissanite side stones.

9925ABB8-1060-447C-AA42-95320BB0C304.jpeg

Attachments

• 56412BD6-7DF4-4C2E-B141-CA76DC64B5A2.jpeg
    56412BD6-7DF4-4C2E-B141-CA76DC64B5A2.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 74

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
0D70DCF5-E7A8-4B7F-8135-CDA7A2327215.jpeg
I think you’ll be fine around that size area. My ring sits a little high but it’s not terrible. I also went with the Rachel setting except I had it modified to be a cathedral setting so it’s more secure since the stone is pretty big. Also I had the band modified to be wider too. Mine is 2.4mm wide. I used 2.2mm side stones
Oh my! I don’t think I saw your ring ! If so which page did you share your Rachel ring? Would love to see more photos of it. Did you go with 9x8? Also can you share your cad? Maybe I should do a cathedral setting as well.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Don’t know who ordered this but it is off of Grace’s IG account. This is the first lab diamond 5 stone I have seen or anything with bigger lab diamonds. They look pretty white. Wonder what the cost is? I will have to ask Cherry....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxZX531lP9T/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1e1e1y63fqb6w
Oh my gosh, sorry to break the flow of the conversation, but I wish I hadn't seen this. :shock: Ever since I found out that Starsgem was sourcing lab diamonds, I was thinking about asking Demi how much it would cost to make a French cut band. I would think that this cut would look better with diamonds as they tend to be more steely and not as shallow looking.

Ugh, I need to take a break from this site. LOL.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, sorry to break the flow of the conversation, but I wish I hadn't seen this. :shock: Ever since I found out that Starsgem was sourcing lab diamonds, I was thinking about asking Demi how much it would cost to make a French cut band. I would think that this cut would look better with diamonds as they tend to be more steely and not as shallow looking.

Ugh, I need to take a break from this site. LOL.
I don’t know if this is good or bad for you but I think they only do rounds in lab diamonds for now. I am still curious what the price is. I am going to guess somewhere around $1000 with the lab diamonds. This is $500-$600 in moissanites so there is a price difference but still not too bad. I will see if I can find out tonight!

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! I don’t think I saw your ring ! If so which page did you share your Rachel ring? Would love to see more photos of it. Did you go with 9x8? Also can you share your cad? Maybe I should do a cathedral setting as well.
I got my ring done by Mona, she used to work for Starsgem and I posted it over on the thread about her. Mine is a 10x8.5 since I wanted it slightly more elongated but still kinda chubby. I wanted a cathedral because it seems more secure than just the regular Rachel setting, especially with such a big stone. The shank measurements came out to 2mm thick and 2.4mm wide after polishing
0740170F-D175-41CA-8544-DCF6068798A8.jpeg

3BAE476B-1218-4BBD-9157-DFE70FE9E852.jpeg
D87F8417-8495-4D2A-AF91-98A6597F329C.jpeg
78177B73-53FE-4400-9C24-5B4CB11B6023.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know if this is good or bad for you but I think they only do rounds in lab diamonds for now. I am still curious what the price is. I am going to guess somewhere around $1000 with the lab diamonds. This is $500-$600 in moissanites so there is a price difference but still not too bad. I will see if I can find out tonight!
Thanks, keep us posted. I am hoping they only have rounds at this time. I can't keep spending money like this! :lol:
I'm working on a setting with my OMC and I've already added earrings and a possible OEC from August Vintage on my wishlist. The addiction needs to stop. :oops::lol:

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
I got my ring done by Mona, she used to work for Starsgem and I posted it over on the thread about her. Mine is a 10x8.5 since I wanted it slightly more elongated but still kinda chubby. I wanted a cathedral because it seems more secure than just the regular Rachel setting, especially with such a big stone. The shank measurements came out to 2mm thick and 2.4mm wide after polishing
0740170F-D175-41CA-8544-DCF6068798A8.jpeg

3BAE476B-1218-4BBD-9157-DFE70FE9E852.jpeg
D87F8417-8495-4D2A-AF91-98A6597F329C.jpeg
78177B73-53FE-4400-9C24-5B4CB11B6023.jpeg

Thanks for the photos! What size would you recommend me for a chubby OMC? I am not familiar with how sizes go.. I’m guessing StarGems do custom cuts?

I’m thinking around the 2.5-3 carat range. I’m not really feeling the long look honestly, I just love chubby cushions

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the photos! What size would you recommend me for a chubby OMC? I am not familiar with how sizes go.. I’m guessing StarGems do custom cuts?

I’m thinking around the 2.5-3 carat range. I’m not really feeling the long look honestly, I just love chubby cushions
If you really love chubby cushions I would do something like a 9x8 or 9.5x8.5. It’ll be a bit chubbier than mine. My 10x8.5 is 3.35ct. Starsgem will cut whatever size you want.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
My 2 starsgem rings arrived today and honestly I'm pretty impressed.

The packaging kind of sucked but the rings themselves are very nice. I was a little worried about the 8mm asscher but I really like it.

Pics once my phone charges!

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
If you really love chubby cushions I would do something like a 9x8 or 9.5x8.5. It’ll be a bit chubbier than mine. My 10x8.5 is 3.35ct. Starsgem will cut whatever size you want.
Do you know if we could request not to have a culet? I’m not really a big fan of it but was wondering if that’s even possible. Thanks so much for your help! Truly appreciate it!

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Do you know if we could request not to have a culet? I’m not really a big fan of it but was wondering if that’s even possible. Thanks so much for your help! Truly appreciate it!
That’s just how antique cuts are. You can request to have it really thin. I will say that my culet is so thin that it’s not noticeable in real life at all, I only ever see it in pictures or if I’m holding the stone super close to my face (like 2-3 inches away) and even then it’s really tiny

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results