shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
That’s just how antique cuts are. You can request to have it really thin. I will say that my culet is so thin that it’s not noticeable in real life at all, I only ever see it in pictures or if I’m holding the stone super close to my face (like 2-3 inches away) and even then it’s really tiny
I second that....the culet is pretty hard to see IRL. You don't want to end up with no light moving through the stone. Moissanites really require a little bit of light to get the sparkle or the stone can go sort of flat.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
It is nice to finally see an Asscher from them. Looks very white. Would love to see a video when you have time. What other kind of other ring did you get?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
It is nice to finally see an Asscher from them. Looks very white. Would love to see a video when you have time. What other kind of other ring did you get?
The other is the one everyone’s seen before - Rachel w/ 8x7 ACC.

This is an 8mm g/h asscher. We’ve had the worst weather for weeks now but if it’s sunny tomorrow I will try to get a video.

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
I really love your chubby 9x10 ACC moissanite do you feel it’s too big? I’m thinking of this size but I’m debating haha

Thanks! I thought it was huuuuuge at first but now it looks just right most of the times, a tad too big the other times :P2. For reference, my ring size is 8.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
C49518FA-E767-4D8B-8509-6872963CB855.jpeg
Ok ya’ll does this price sound about right?
$665 total

( 9.5 x 8.5 ) G/H color
Side stones: Lab diamonds size 2.3mm side stones
( 5 stones on each side)
Width of the shank to be 2.5mm
14 k white gold & size 4

my inspiration photo above ^

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
C49518FA-E767-4D8B-8509-6872963CB855.jpeg
Ok ya’ll does this price sound about right?
$665 total

( 9.5 x 8.5 ) G/H color
Side stones: Lab diamonds size 2.3mm side stones
( 5 stones on each side)
Width of the shank to be 2.5mm
14 k white gold & size 4

my inspiration photo above ^
I paid a little less than that for a smaller stone/2mm side stones in platinum/moissanite so that sounds right for lab diamonds, bigger stone, but drop to 14k.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful. Apologies, I meant to ask you this earlier, but I got distracted. How are the steps in the Asscher? I saw a CZ Asscher from Swarovski and I liked it. I thought the steps looked pretty deep. I wasn’t sure if the moissanite version would perform similarly. =)2

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful. Apologies, I meant to ask you this earlier, but I got distracted. How are the steps in the Asscher? I saw a CZ Asscher from Swarovski and I liked it. I thought the steps looked pretty deep. I wasn’t sure if the moissanite version would perform similarly. =)2
I might actually have a swarovski asscher around...I would say they're similar, the steps on the moissanite might be slightly smaller but more of them. It's quite sparkly. I run hot and cold on step cuts, and I like this one. If I had any complaints it's that it does have obstruction that only seems to happen when you're trying to take a photo/video likely due to the size of the phone. It doesn't show when the phone isn't in the way.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
So I am curious, for those that have rings made with stargems and have been wearing it for some time, how is the quality of Stargems? I’m a little nervous and would like this ring to last.. has anyone got their ring appraised? I would like to have my ring insured as well even though the prices are very cheap I don’t have the money to blow if I do end up losing my ring or if something were to happened to it.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I might actually have a swarovski asscher around...I would say they're similar, the steps on the moissanite might be slightly smaller but more of them. It's quite sparkly. I run hot and cold on step cuts, and I like this one. If I had any complaints it's that it does have obstruction that only seems to happen when you're trying to take a photo/video likely due to the size of the phone. It doesn't show when the phone isn't in the way.
Thanks! I have heard mixed things about emerald cut moissanite in general (not specific to Starsgem), but when I saw the CZ Asscher IRL, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I’m glad to hear Starsgem’s asscher is nice :kiss2:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I have heard mixed things about emerald cut moissanite in general (not specific to Starsgem), but when I saw the CZ Asscher IRL, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I’m glad to hear Starsgem’s asscher is nice :kiss2:
I think step cuts are hard in general because they're so personal - one person likes a lot of windmill, another likes the glassy effect, another wants the facets very even, etc. I think it's a nice stone but I'd want to see an emerald cut in a pretty detailed video because I am betting it could go dead in the middle if not proportioned correctly. Same is true of diamond, though, it's hard to find a good one.

about a million years ago, I tried on an asscher three stone, thinking about it for an engagement ring. It's not what I ended up with but I think I'm going to sell a few rounds now because this ring really speaks to me.

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
I don't think it's normal but moissanite comes in various quality levels just like other stones...I have a some cheap ones tiny ones bought from ebay that have visible inclusions but the 2 i've bought loose from C&C and starsgem don't have any visible flaws. i'd be upset if a reputable vendor sold me a piece with visible flaws
I'm looking to buy an oval moissanite 8x6mm ie 1.5ct dew. I'm considering C&C F1 or August Vintage. Which would you go with?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking to buy an oval moissanite 8x6mm ie 1.5ct dew. I'm considering C&C F1 or August Vintage. Which would you go with?

Oooh i don't know, hopefully someone who has bought an oval moissy can comment. I haven't seen good ovals, marquise, or pears but I'm not up on the latest options. I've only heard good things about august vintage but havent seem one in person. I have a c&c f1 round and it's pretty but I've heard their quality varies.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this is stunning! :love: They did a really good job with this!

Honestly, I've been extremely impressed with Starsgem. I like their antique cushions more than Tianyu's and their H&As have been improving, too. I think going forward I'll just be buying from Starsgem from now on.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
Wow, this is stunning! :love: They did a really good job with this!

Honestly, I've been extremely impressed with Starsgem. I like their antique cushions more than Tianyu's and their H&As have been improving, too. I think going forward I'll just be buying from Starsgem from now on.

When we request a custom cut do they really cut it spot on to the exact measurements? I wanted my ACC cushion to be 9.5 x 8.5 so I’m really hoping they will get it right.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
When we request a custom cut do they really cut it spot on to the exact measurements? I wanted my ACC cushion to be 9.5 x 8.5 so I’m really hoping they will get it right.
I’ve actually never requested a custom cut from Starsgem, but from others’ experiences with custom ACC/OMC cuts, I think they do a good job. I haven’t read any complaints on here so far.

The cushion I got last month was just one of their off the shelf moissanites. It wasn’t the elongated version, so I wasn’t picky with the dimensions. I just knew I liked it better than Tianyu’s OMC.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
I got a 9X10 GH color acc like the 2nd photo. The ring is in platinum. Jocie at starsgem was very responsive and the whole process was cery quick. It only took a week to make the setting. Please excuse my dry hairy hand.

78E47675-5881-4122-91F4-EB9D9C104E41.jpeg

ED32FF96-9A6E-4C6A-9B51-72F5433B4EE8.png

92AEE47D-6B8D-4072-9C12-3EFB30F8F4A3.jpeg CEBA9744-BD82-4F71-92AF-E1F6739FFCEA.jpeg AB842AEB-C418-4D7F-B324-0CA62E4447FE.jpeg

AF1DFE0E-B33A-45DF-8BDE-471518BDE2E7.jpeg
EF0830FE-4A8F-4B73-BA97-373C72345665.jpeg 5A603310-18E6-43EB-A859-A9AA82C9B4A9.jpeg F613C467-4E1C-4988-8EED-FC0D998BB931.jpeg

Hey I hope you don’t mind, but what was the cost did you pay for this 10x9 Solitarie? I just asked a quote from Grace so wanted to compare prices

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeek I pulled the trigger finally!!! Bought 2 loose stones. Antique moval and elongated old mine cushion.

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
I have only seen 2 people order I/J colored stones. One was a small pear and the other was an 10x12 ACC. The pear still faced up kind of white but you could see some body color. The ACC did look a little

I have only seen 2 people order I/J colored stones. One was a small pear and the other was an 10x12 ACC. The pear still faced up kind of white but you could see some body color. The ACC did look a little more buttery but it was a huge stone. I wouldn’t say very yellow but a light buttery color. If you are trying to match it up to your K/L e-ring and it has a buttery color, then I think that would work. The prices go down a lot when you get into that color range so that is a positive.

The loose stones in the video or
IJ marquise moissanites from starsgem
https://imgur.com/gallery/bWKQ8uT

https://imgur.com/gallery/GAsp2MP

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Eeek I pulled the trigger finally!!! Bought 2 loose stones. Antique moval and elongated old mine cushion.
Oooh, yay!!! I'm excited to see both! =)2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, yay!!! I'm excited to see both! =)2
They said in chat that if I am unhappy with the antique moval cut they will redo it. So at least I feel less nervous about ordering something unusual

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
They said in chat that if I am unhappy with the antique moval cut they will redo it. So at least I feel less nervous about ordering something unusual
I'm really curious to see how it will look. I definitely would have more faith with Starsgem doing this over the other companies. Fingers crossed it looks nice. :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really curious to see how it will look. I definitely would have more faith with Starsgem doing this over the other companies. Fingers crossed it looks nice. :appl:
Yup, that's why I went with them. Was about to order with Mona but the other threads made me nervous, especially since she couldn't send me a video of the yellow color

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well we already solved one miscommunication. They invoiced me accidentally for their marquise cut (I saw the error on the invoice). I clarified I wanred an antique moval. They apologized and Resent the correct invoice (higher price, but makes sense bc it's a customized cut). At least the communication is good so far in terms of sorting out problems.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I have had ever single stone I have bought custom cut. I just want very specific sizes and sometimes they aren’t standard so they have all been cut as requested. Several of them have been set by jewelers in the US & Europe and they seem to match what I ordered. It usually take an extra 2 weeks for custom cuts. I have one coming today from Starsgem that is 8 mm square that I also had small H&A’s cut with it instead of what they usually do, which is round brilliant’s. I also have my new ACC coming on Thursday so I will update. It will be interesting to see if I get hit with any extra import duties. I am hoping SG does not have to increase their prices to compensate.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
I have had ever single stone I have bought custom cut. I just want very specific sizes and sometimes they aren’t standard so they have all been cut as requested. Several of them have been set by jewelers in the US & Europe and they seem to match what I ordered. It usually take an extra 2 weeks for custom cuts. I have one coming today from Starsgem that is 8 mm square that I also had small H&A’s cut with it instead of what they usually do, which is round brilliant’s. I also have my new ACC coming on Thursday so I will update. It will be interesting to see if I get hit with any extra import duties. I am hoping SG does not have to increase their prices to compensate.

Wow 2 weeks? Grace told me 10 days? Is that wrong, I wanted a 9.5 x 8.5 which would be custom cut.. hmmm which size did you go with?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Wow 2 weeks? Grace told me 10 days? Is that wrong, I wanted a 9.5 x 8.5 which would be custom cut.. hmmm which size did you go with?
Two weeks would be 10 business days approximately. It depends on how backed up they are and sometimes it is sooner. I have been waiting for over a month because of their holiday so it can also be longer. The one I am getting tomorrow will be 9x8 and I have also had 9x8.5 and 11x10 and 11x9. And a square 8.5 and an 8 mm so far....that’s starting to sound like too many now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results