shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! Mona is wonderful!

@jso72 they're lovely! :clap: how did the basket detailing turn out?

jso72

Rough_Rock
The basket detailing came out good. They are very comfortable. Here are some pics under fluorescent lights at work (I wore them both haha!) 20190305_082725.jpg

jso72

Rough_Rock
20190305_082637.jpg

wingyee

Rough_Rock
I am new and wanted to get my first Moissanite piece. I have contacted Stargems and Tianyu about a ring via email. How long does Stargems usually respond? I emailed them couple days ago, but still haven't heard back yet. Mean while, Tianyu responded within 12 hours.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
I am new and wanted to get my first Moissanite piece. I have contacted Stargems and Tianyu about a ring via email. How long does Stargems usually respond? I emailed them couple days ago, but still haven't heard back yet. Mean while, Tianyu responded within 12 hours.
I message Starsgem on WhatsApp because it’s much faster. I got a response within a day

1amaN00b

Rough_Rock
WhatsApp is the best to contact starsgem. They are the slowest with price quotes but the best price. I'm getting my first moissanite made by them right now

jso72

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Yes I do love them! A couple of years ago I bought a moissy from India & never had it set. I just never liked the stone so I was a little iffy on the moissy. Everyone's pictures here looked so nice I had to try it! I think the sparkle is very comparable to my diamond (which isn't certed but I love her) They are really very beautiful rings. I'm very happy with my purchase. I'm now thinking bezel set earrings & a 5 stone ring =)2

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Ok y’all...Mona gave me my tracking number for my loose stones and DHL estimated delivery is this Friday! :appl: Once I get them I’m starting a new thread as she is no longer associated with Starsgem. ;-)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It’s beautiful! What are your thoughts on the stone and craftsmanship?

Iulia_m

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I think they did a great job, I’d say a 9/10 as I see some super minor differences from the inspiration pics I’ve sent them. As for the stone, this is my first moissanite so I am by no means an expert but it looks nice and sparkly to me. There is also no color in the stone that I can see. I will say tho, that I wasn’t super happy with the communication with starsgem nor with the fact that they managed to get both my address and phone number wrong on the dhl package. But I think that is not a huge thing to deal with considering their prices

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
1BD521B6-23C8-402A-B840-25790D18286C.jpeg Hello! Been a lurker for many years now and i am on the verge of buying loose marquise cut moissanites for an earring and bangle from Starsgem. Been talking to Demi and almost finalized the invoice when i read about Taurus’ experience with her marquise moissanite, which has made me so worried.

I have a 1.6carat marquise diamond e-ring and I’ve been dying to get earrings and a bangle to match with it. Was going to buy 6x8 marquise moissanites to make a cluster earring like above and 10pieces 2x4 to make a bangle...but now i dont know. Is there any way to make sure I dont get duds, or should I just wait a little longer till Starsgem perfects the cut?
370B54D3-C85C-49ED-87F9-FE8103B7F62E.jpeg

Attachments

• 49D9E1FC-AD13-4F49-B174-B10206B68862.jpeg
    49D9E1FC-AD13-4F49-B174-B10206B68862.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 69

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
1BD521B6-23C8-402A-B840-25790D18286C.jpeg Hello! Been a lurker for many years now and i am on the verge of buying loose marquise cut moissanites for an earring and bangle from Starsgem. Been talking to Demi and almost finalized the invoice when i read about Taurus’ experience with her marquise moissanite, which has made me so worried.

I have a 1.6carat marquise diamond e-ring and I’ve been dying to get earrings and a bangle to match with it. Was going to buy 6x8 marquise moissanites to make a cluster earring like above and 10pieces 2x4 to make a bangle...but now i dont know. Is there any way to make sure I dont get duds, or should I just wait a little longer till Starsgem perfects the cut?
370B54D3-C85C-49ED-87F9-FE8103B7F62E.jpeg
I have a friend who lives in Hong Kong and she went to the International Trade Show this past weekend to look at some stones for me. She stopped by the Starsgem booth and talked to Grace. She also louped many of their cuts to get a better look at them. Some of them she said she could see the wonkiness of the cut like the square ACC and the Asscher. She said her favorite was the marquise cut though, which I was a bit surprised by. The stone shown on their Alibaba page did not look like the quality that Taurus received. I can’t remember all the details of that original post but I think if you request a video and make sure that you are indeed getting colorless well cut stones, you should be fine. My only hesitation would be in the size of the actual marquise’s. I have noticed with most of the small, fancy shaped moissniates that they don’t have quite as much fire. You will still get dim light sparkle but not as much in daylight. It will be taking a chance but I guess for the price you have decide if it is worth it to you....

Mrsgoldie

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I think they did a great job, I’d say a 9/10 as I see some super minor differences from the inspiration pics I’ve sent them. As for the stone, this is my first moissanite so I am by no means an expert but it looks nice and sparkly to me. There is also no color in the stone that I can see. I will say tho, that I wasn’t super happy with the communication with starsgem nor with the fact that they managed to get both my address and phone number wrong on the dhl package. But I think that is not a huge thing to deal with considering their prices

Your ring is lovely what color stone did u end up getting?

Iulia_m

Rough_Rock
Thank you! It’s EF stone.

wingyee

Rough_Rock

Attachments

• 0476D88B-948A-4CAF-99BD-C1BB580F6463.png
    0476D88B-948A-4CAF-99BD-C1BB580F6463.png
    211.9 KB · Views: 80

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
I have a friend who lives in Hong Kong and she went to the International Trade Show this past weekend to look at some stones for me. She stopped by the Starsgem booth and talked to Grace. She also louped many of their cuts to get a better look at them. Some of them she said she could see the wonkiness of the cut like the square ACC and the Asscher. She said her favorite was the marquise cut though, which I was a bit surprised by. The stone shown on their Alibaba page did not look like the quality that Taurus received. I can’t remember all the details of that original post but I think if you request a video and make sure that you are indeed getting colorless well cut stones, you should be fine. My only hesitation would be in the size of the actual marquise’s. I have noticed with most of the small, fancy shaped moissniates that they don’t have quite as much fire. You will still get dim light sparkle but not as much in daylight. It will be taking a chance but I guess for the price you have decide if it is worth it to you....

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your input!

A few more questions, if you don’t mind: what’s your opinion on pear rose cuts? And 1mm, 2mm, 3mm moissanite melees? Do they look diamond like?

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your input!

A few more questions, if you don’t mind: what’s your opinion on pear rose cuts? And 1mm, 2mm, 3mm moissanite melees? Do they look diamond like?
I don’t know much about the pears but I have heard some complaints that the smaller melee doesn’t sparkle too much. I’m getting 2mm melee to see if that helps. My ring should hopefully be done sometime next week so here’s to hoping the 2mm melee have lots of sparkle

jso72

Rough_Rock
I have 1.8 melee on mine & it has nice sparkle.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
AC0F905B-AAB2-4228-BF4D-0A4C3845901A.jpeg
I got a picture and video of my stone today. I’m kinda irritated because she sent them about 2 hours ago and I just now checked. I asked to see a picture of it on a white piece of paper but she told me it was already sent back into the factory to be set in my ring. I don’t know if it was a lack of communication on my part to convey I wanted to okay the stone before it was set or what but I’m hoping it comes out nicely. It looks good in the video she sent. It’s a 9.5x7.5mm cushion in GH color and I just wanted to make sure it’s not too yellow.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock

zeebo56

Rough_Rock
AC0F905B-AAB2-4228-BF4D-0A4C3845901A.jpeg
I got a picture and video of my stone today. I’m kinda irritated because she sent them about 2 hours ago and I just now checked. I asked to see a picture of it on a white piece of paper but she told me it was already sent back into the factory to be set in my ring. I don’t know if it was a lack of communication on my part to convey I wanted to okay the stone before it was set or what but I’m hoping it comes out nicely. It looks good in the video she sent. It’s a 9.5x7.5mm cushion in GH color and I just wanted to make sure it’s not too yellow.

It looks great to me and now I'm thinking I should get cushion In hearts and arrows and not brilliant. Of course I'm new to these things. These decisions are so tough. What does everyone else here think from your photo and video I wonder.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results