shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover I have sent a whatsapp mentioning that to Mona hope they can comply

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Alternatively do you think instead of studs I should go with this style as size of the stones are big? cushion_cut_drop_earrings_platinum_estate_org_z.jpg
I think that would be a much better design choice IMO. The problem with the cushion’s are that they are deeper stones than the rounds. Having seen my 2.5 carat cushion, I don’t see how that could work as posts. I have some 14K white gold posts they made and they are not super flimsy but they are not as strong as my diamond ones either. They are also not screw backs so there will be slippage from the stones being top heavy unless you got them to include that in your CAD. I guess you know what would work for your ears best but I can only offer advice so you are not disappointed. You might ask SG their opinion on if the backings on these earrings are strong enough to hold the weight of the stones and can you actually wear them with some sort of flush fit to the earlobe.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
I think that would be a much better design choice IMO. The problem with the cushion’s are that they are deeper stones than the rounds. Having seen my 2.5 carat cushion, I don’t see how that could work as posts. I have some 14K white gold posts they made and they are not super flimsy but they are not as strong as my diamond ones either. They are also not screw backs so there will be slippage from the stones being top heavy unless you got them to include that in your CAD. I guess you know what would work for your ears best but I can only offer advice so you are not disappointed. You might ask SG their opinion on if the backings on these earrings are strong enough to hold the weight of the stones and can you actually wear them with some sort of flush fit to the earlobe.
Thanks for your further feedback @swaye2010. My initial request to SG was for screw backs, so I will ask them about it, if they can't promise a strong hold I will go with the alternative plan. I will talk to Cherry and get her take on it.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover they are doing it with the GH melee so that’s good[/QUOTE

I'm happy for you but so annoyed that when I asked, I got a straight out no. UGH!! I wish I had seen the bag of GH melee in their store for sale, then I would have known for sure that they can do it, even if it means custom cutting that color.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover sorry for the delayed response I am in Thailand and have been bunkering down through the cyclone

Yes she said they would do EF but could do GH I went back to her and said I was concerned the main stone would suffer by comparison so she said we would go GH

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies,

I emailed a few sales rep but only Grace for back to me . Is this normal? Should I go with her? Cherry initially responded but stopped, maybe she realized Grace was responding?

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
Anyone have the link to their eBay store?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone have the link to their eBay store?
Cherry is the sales manager so she mostly passes the new people over to one of the rep’s, which is why Grace is responding.

I used to go to the ebay store called Starsgem8 but it looks like they have changed it to Starsgem Moissanite now:
https://www.ebay.com/str/starsgems

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies,

I emailed a few sales rep but only Grace for back to me . Is this normal? Should I go with her? Cherry initially responded but stopped, maybe she realized Grace was responding?

Cherry manages them all and will delegate new orders to the service reps that can do them. I worked with Mona and she was great. Others have worked with Bella, or whoever else is available.

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
Cherry manages them all and will delegate new orders to the service reps that can do them. I worked with Mona and she was great. Others have worked with Bella, or whoever else is available.

That's good to know. I'm trying to talk to Grace and already feel the language barrier . o_O

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
Grace said they don't have GH lab fiamond, only EF. Should I stick with the GH moissanite?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Grace said they don't have GH lab fiamond, only EF. Should I stick with the GH moissanite?

I would go with the G/H moissanite then for color matching since I think you said you were going to do a center of G/H. I think the most important thing is to get the matching melee personally.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your further feedback @swaye2010. My initial request to SG was for screw backs, so I will ask them about it, if they can't promise a strong hold I will go with the alternative plan. I will talk to Cherry and get her take on it.
So I asked Cherry to give me screw posts like these which should make the earrings secure and also prevent drooping IMG-20190105-WA0000.jpg

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
She also sent me a brief video of the stones that are going to be set in earring stud, 8x7mm ACCs in GH colour. I couldn't make much out but what do you think of the stones?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
She also sent me a brief video of the stones that are going to be set in earring stud, 8x7mm ACCs in GH colour. I couldn't make much out but what do you think of the stones?

I think the stones look fine. This is one of those projects that is unique to you. I don’t think I can fit that size on my ears but you might be able to.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
I think the stones look fine. This is one of those projects that is unique to you. I don’t think I can fit that size on my ears but you might be able to.
Thanks for responding @swaye2010 I am hoping that the size won't be a problem as I have generous earlobes :mrgreen2:. I am unable to figure out the brilliance or quality of the stones from such a brief video... I have told Cherry that I will want to see the finished product in detail before she sends them to me as she had already shipped the stones off to the factory to be set. Fingers crossed they turn out well.

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
IMG-20190108-WA0006.jpg

Any suggestions ladies ?

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
IMG-20190108-WA0006.jpg

Any suggestions ladies ?[/QUOTE

My ring size is actually between 4.75 and 5 so I'm changing size to 5. What do you think .4.75 fits me but I think I prefer 5 .

What do you think about the thickness, Grace says it'll be 1.7mm after polish. Which I found off because I thought they usually add few more mm to CAD. I already told her to change width because I want 2mm after polish.

Tapering by the stone isn't quite there. I'm not sure if I should leave it as is or ask for it to be tapered a bit more.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
B1CBCFF6-C762-43C7-990C-9FAF16599323.jpeg C9A4664E-AA01-4B14-9DDD-9B9219F231FA.jpeg 5E40EECF-6F37-46B3-93BF-C29FA2797F5F.jpeg
My stone has been done :)

Can I have the lovely ps ladies advice and thoughts ?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
The video is too large to post will try and upload it to a video sharing

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the video

It looks nice to me but I have zero experience any help would be appreciated

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
Here is the video

I have zero experience but it looks really nice!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Here is the video

Is the CAD made to the dimensions of your moissy? Something looks off on the top prongs. I know it's a drawing but I've seen some crooked prongs and even uneven stones.

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
Grace has just come back and told me that 2mm width cannot be done on the band with stones bigger than 1.3mm. is that too small for a band with bright cut pave and milgrain?
IMG-20190108-WA00061.jpg

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
Grace has just come back and told me that 2mm width cannot be done on the band with stones bigger than 1.3mm. is that too small for a band with bright cut pave and milgrain?
IMG-20190108-WA00061.jpg
Sorry that's 1.2mm stones.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Sirenagirl it is based off @chunkyfacetlover cad. I assume they will ensure the prongs are correct but I will check the finished ring before sending.

@chunkyfacetlover do you see an issue with the stone or prongs? Would also love @swaye2010 opinion you have been so helpful
I didn’t see a setting, just the stone. That looks as good as any of the ones I have received. Has the nice chunky facets in the middle and that long, thin culet. Yes, make sure your prongs are straight before they mail the setting. It will be interesting to see how the pave matches the center since this will be the first ring with the G/H colored stones.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @swaye2010 i have asked for pics and video and stressed how important it was for me that the stone looked centred and aligned to the prongs

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results