shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Your stone is seriously gorgeous! I am ssssooo envy!!!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Lucky. Getting a good stone is half the battle, now I hope they set it properly. I think someone else was inspired by your ring because Mona just posted a video of it on IG but I don't think it's yours. It gives me hope because it's set perfectly and looks great. Too bad it's not mine! LOL.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrRuh4eHq3z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I think that is my ring with just wrong dimensions description:lol: Mine is platinum with 8x9.5 stone. Sometimes they get the description wrong. I had to go back to look at my video. It looks the same? Just cropped and lower resolution? Or you think they look like different rings? Because someone could just use my exact CAD if they wanted since it's out in the public space.

this is my video:

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I think that is my ring with just wrong dimensions description:lol: Mine is platinum with 8x9.5 stone. Sometimes they get the description wrong. I had to go back to look at my video. It looks the same? Just cropped and lower resolution? Or you think they look like different rings? Because someone could just use my exact CAD if they wanted since it's out in the public space.

this is my video:

It's the same video! LOL. It's such a gorgeous ring! If you draw a line from one set of prongs diagonally across, it lines up perfectly with the prongs on the other side. The stone isn't crooked and the whole thing just looks gorgeous! I'm going to ask her to make sure whomever made your ring and set your stone, make my ring too!

Are you wearing it everyday? Do you still love it?

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
It's the same video! LOL. It's such a gorgeous ring! If you draw a line from one set of prongs diagonally across, it lines up perfectly with the prongs on the other side. The stone isn't crooked and the whole thing just looks gorgeous! I'm going to ask her to make sure whomever made your ring and set your stone, make my ring too!

Are you wearing it everyday? Do you still love it?

Cherry knows me as Kate J. so you can ask your sales rep to have the same person set it for you if you want to be extra careful, haha.

I still love the ring. My only issue with it is that because it has such a large surface area I have to wipe it with the sunshine cloth now and again. So you might want to get yourself some to keep around. I was wearing it a lot, but then I started wearing my solitaire round instead. It's kind of a big and flashy ring for me during the week. I'll still bring it out now and again when I'm feeling it^_^

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Lucky_Rabbit that ring is divine I don’t think I could bear to take it off.

@chunkyfacetlover that stone is absolutely incredible I watched that video at least 5 times

Still waiting to see how the ring from Golden Bird turns out but it is good to know you can get good stones from the Chinese suppliers.

Can I ask you ladies what colour those stones are?

Thanks

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock

@chunkyfacetlover that stone is absolutely incredible I watched that video at least 5 times

Still waiting to see how the ring from Golden Bird turns out but it is good to know you can get good stones from the Chinese suppliers.

Thanks

Mine is a G-H colorless: D

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

Thanks

Thank you Penny, I really love how the stone turned out. They had some in stock but I wanted them to cut me a new one.

My stone is also GH color. There isn't an option to go with GH stones on the shank, they only use colorless (EF) for side stones but Lucky says there isn't a noticeable difference when she looks at her ring, so I'm good with that.

Last edited:

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Cherry knows me as Kate J. so you can ask your sales rep to have the same person set it for you if you want to be extra careful, haha.

I still love the ring. My only issue with it is that because it has such a large surface area I have to wipe it with the sunshine cloth now and again. So you might want to get yourself some to keep around. I was wearing it a lot, but then I started wearing my solitaire round instead. It's kind of a big and flashy ring for me during the week. I'll still bring it out now and again when I'm feeling it^_^

Thanks for the tip Luicky! I asked Mona last night to ask Cherry who made your ring and she said they all work on the same team and will make sure they do a good job on the ring. I'm hoping for the best!

SporkingQueen

Rough_Rock
From what I've seen, the starsgem elongated ACC looks so similar to True Gem's OMC. I emailed about getting a quote for a solitaire with an ACC but kind of guessed on the stone size. I looked on alibaba and didn't see many options listed for the ACC sizing. I want to make sure I get the dimensions correct so my stone looks and performs like the one posted in this thread. I asked my rep what the widith would be but she didn't answer that part. If the length is 8mm what is the best width to request?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
There are only a few big suppliers of moissanite, especially in fancy cuts. I think True Gem gets it's OMC from SG. I noticed every SG sales rep follows them and after I received my videos and compared it to True Gem videos, I realized without a doubt it's the same stone!

Anyway, about the proportions, it's really hard to say, it's a matter of preference. True Gem and EastWestCo have many examples of elongated ACC stones in various sizes. That's a good reference point. I went with 11x9 because I love a big antique cut stone on a small finger. I never try to pass my moissanite pieces off as diamonds so I get the size my heart desires. I just posted 3 videos of my stone. I hope it helps.

I have long, thin fingers, which I like to accentuate even more, so I went with 11 for the length. The width will be similar to a 3 carat diamond which in my case, will pretty much cover at least 85% of my finger. You could print out various stone sizes, cut them out and tape them to your fingers to see which ones you like.

Last edited:

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
SG's Alibaba store sucks. Tianyu has a great and organized Alibaba store which makes it so easy to order if you don't want custom. I've recommended to SG that they invest in getting their Aliexpress and Alibaba stores together after the holidays. They responded by saying that most, if not all (before we started ordering anyway) of their business is wholesale with Russia and Europe ordering the most. They also said that they don't want to post custom designs. I told them about these threads and it's all public anyway. We are very good about asking permission to use each others CADS and if someone doesn't want to, they probably aren't posting here. Lucky was very kind to let me use her CAD as a base for my ring.

SporkingQueen

Rough_Rock
That's what I love about this community how helpful everyone is!!

Thanks for the reply, chucnkyfacetlover. I'll check out TG and EW to get an idea of what proportations I like.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
That's what I love about this community how helpful everyone is!!

Thanks for the reply, chucnkyfacetlover. I'll check out TG and EW to get an idea of what proportations I like.

What is your finger size? I can help you search for images of ACCs on your size finger. East West Gem Co's hand model that is used in every pic wears a 4.5, which is my ring size. I specifically looked for stones that were 10x8 and 11x9 so I could have a sense of what that size might look on my hand.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I keep looking at everyones rings and changing my mind about what I want :whistle:

@Lucky_Rabbit and @chunkyfacetlover its great to know your rings are G/H as Cherry has quoted me on that and I love your rings. I don't mind colour its just I don't want to pay for colourless and it isn't IYKWIM

Cherry came back with the following quote do you think it is reasonable?

Platinum ring, US size 7.5, set with 1 piece of elongated cushion 7x9mm brilliant cut GH color moissanite, price is US$538 includes DHL shipping fee and paypal fee.

It is interesting what you say about SG mainly importing (I assume) loose stones to Europe and Russia. I noticed Golden Bird have a lot of Ebay listings in French I think.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I keep looking at everyones rings and changing my mind about what I want :whistle:

@Lucky_Rabbit and @chunkyfacetlover its great to know your rings are G/H as Cherry has quoted me on that and I love your rings. I don't mind colour its just I don't want to pay for colourless and it isn't IYKWIM

Platinum ring, US size 7.5, set with 1 piece of elongated cushion 7x9mm brilliant cut GH color moissanite, price is US$538 includes DHL shipping fee and paypal fee.

It is interesting what you say about SG mainly importing (I assume) loose stones to Europe and Russia. I noticed Golden Bird have a lot of Ebay listings in French I think.
That's an excellent price! Mine was $4-something for 14k white gold but my stone is much larger, custom cut with pave on the band and basket.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
That's a relief @chunkyfacetlover The white gold price was $435 but I won't have the detail you did. Although if your stone was much larger perhaps the $435 price I got is a bit much?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
That's a relief @chunkyfacetlover The white gold price was $435 but I won't have the detail you did. Although if your stone was much larger perhaps the $435 price I got is a bit much?
Not for platinum. Their gold and platinum prices fluctuate daily because the pricing is set by their government, not the world gold market. If you were to go through any of the US vendors, you'd probably pay that for the stone alone!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome @chunkyfacetlover I just wanted to make sure it was ok. I am not convinced it is worth paying the extra for platinum but I have never owned a platinum ring before and thought perhaps it was time I did :lol:

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I should mention with shipping, mine was $498. I thought maybe I was over paying but decided to let it go after I discovered the US company's OMC I was drooling over on IG is most likely StarGems OMC. I have stared at videos and pics and the stones look identical in every way. Guess how much an 11x9 OMC goes for with the US company?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
From what I've seen, the starsgem elongated ACC looks so similar to True Gem's OMC. I emailed about getting a quote for a solitaire with an ACC but kind of guessed on the stone size. I looked on alibaba and didn't see many options listed for the ACC sizing. I want to make sure I get the dimensions correct so my stone looks and performs like the one posted in this thread. I asked my rep what the widith would be but she didn't answer that part. If the length is 8mm what is the best width to request?
I'm going to take a stab at your question. If the length is 8mm what should the width me to get similar proportions as the stone in the video?
There sre multiple videos in this thread. The 3 of my honker of a stone. Should I assume that's the one you're referencing or Luckyrabbit's stone? If it's my stone I would say go with 6mm for the width.

SporkingQueen

Rough_Rock
What is your finger size? I can help you search for images of ACCs on your size finger. East West Gem Co's hand model that is used in every pic wears a 4.5, which is my ring size. I specifically looked for stones that were 10x8 and 11x9 so I could have a sense of what that size might look on my hand.

Oh yes, I'd really appreciate it! I'm a size 5.75.

SporkingQueen

Rough_Rock

FYI, I was quoted $530 for size 5.75 platinum solitaire with an 8x7mm elongated ACC.

SporkingQueen

Rough_Rock
I'm going to take a stab at your question. If the length is 8mm what should the width me to get similar proportions as the stone in the video?
There sre multiple videos in this thread. The 3 of my honker of a stone. Should I assume that's the one you're referencing or Luckyrabbit's stone? If it's my stone I would say go with 6mm for the width.

I think you're right that 8x6 would go well together. I asked for 8x7 because I was guessing when I emailed them... I do love the proportions of your stone. Your videos are what roped me in to ask for a quote. I had a not so great experience with Tianyu so I was swearing off chinese moissy but when I saw your stone I thought I'd try again. :D

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
FYI, I was quoted $530 for size 5.75 platinum solitaire with an 8x7mm elongated ACC.
So affordable, you must be thrilled! Ok...so do you want the width to be that of a 7mm round? You're stone will be "slightly elongated " which means the width and length are almost identical. If you want the same proportions as my stone, you will need 8 length and 6 width.

llc328

Rough_Rock
0F1B2E74-D55C-4EF0-B7E3-1FCFF4BD46CA.png
I should mention with shipping, mine was $498. I thought maybe I was over paying but decided to let it go after I discovered the US company's OMC I was drooling over on IG is most likely StarGems OMC. I have stared at videos and pics and the stones look identical in every way. Guess how much an 11x9 OMC goes for with the US company?

I hope you don’t mind my question.....This setting?...with a 11x9 OMC G/H stone was $498.00 shipped? .. I attached a picture of what I think is your CAD......

I just had a solitaire made by Tianyu with a 10mm G/H round Hearts and Arrows stone in 18kt gold and it was $600 and change shipped to me ..my price seems high to me now with what I’m seeing with Stargems .. I had to send it back as it was set wonky .. basket looks totally crooked ... although I don’t think it was the basket.. I think when they cut the prongs to shape them and set the stone ..they cut/shaped one side shorter than the other so it made it look like it’s on a tilt.... ugh!..Hoping they get it back safely and that they fix it properly ...

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
0F1B2E74-D55C-4EF0-B7E3-1FCFF4BD46CA.png

I hope you don’t mind my question.....This setting?...with a 11x9 OMC G/H stone was $498.00 shipped? .. I attached a picture of what I think is your CAD......

I just had a solitaire made by Tianyu with a 10mm G/H round Hearts and Arrows stone in 18kt gold and it was $600 and change shipped to me ..my price seems high to me now with what I’m seeing with Stargems .. I had to send it back as it was set wonky .. basket looks totally crooked ... although I don’t think it was the basket.. I think when they cut the prongs to shape them and set the stone ..they cut/shaped one side shorter than the other so it made it look like it’s on a tilt.... ugh!..Hoping they get it back safely and that they fix it properly ...

I'm so sorry about your ring. I have noticed with quotes they can go plus or minus $100 depending on a few factors. Gold and platinum prices seem to fluctuate more in China than they do here in the USA. I believe that has to do with their government. I still consider the fact that had we had our rings made in the US with the materials they are using and the quality stones, we would be paying three or four times the price. We will all need to be patient as these Chinese and Indian companies get up to speed. They are used to being wholesale distributors more than bespoke jewelers. They are quick learners though! I think both companies are a bit overwhelmed with the sheer volume, especially around this time of year.

The overall price for the ring is so low, I don't think $50-$100 here or there is a big deal. I have read that Tianyu has raised their prices recently, I think they are catching on to how less expensive they are compared to here in the states.

Many of the ladies here have rings from both companies and the comparisons are helpful. They both have strengths and weaknesses. From what I have read Tianyu has better rounds and OEC, stones. Stargems has an ACC that everyone is swooning over, Tianyu is better with promoting themselves, especially on IG and their up-to-date Alibaba store- I see they are carrying what looks to be a gorgeous elongated asscher, added just yesterday. I think Tianyu has been in the game longer, has a bigger factory; therefore, that is reflected in the price, perhaps. Don't know. You can try SG after the holidays and see how you like them. They seem to be better with CADS too.

llc328

Rough_Rock
I'm so sorry about your ring. I have noticed with quotes they can go plus or minus $100 depending on a few factors. Gold and platinum prices seem to fluctuate more in China than they do here in the USA. I believe that has to do with their government. I still consider the fact that had we had our rings made in the US with the materials they are using and the quality stones, we would be paying three or four times the price. We will all need to be patient as these Chinese and Indian companies get up to speed. They are used to being wholesale distributors more than bespoke jewelers. They are quick learners though! I think both companies are a bit overwhelmed with the sheer volume, especially around this time of year.

The overall price for the ring is so low, I don't think $50-$100 here or there is a big deal. I have read that Tianyu has raised their prices recently, I think they are catching on to how less expensive they are compared to here in the states.

Many of the ladies here have rings from both companies and the comparisons are helpful. They both have strengths and weaknesses. From what I have read Tianyu has better rounds and OEC, stones. Stargems has an ACC that everyone is swooning over, Tianyu is better with promoting themselves, especially on IG and their up-to-date Alibaba store- I see they are carrying what looks to be a gorgeous elongated asscher, added just yesterday. I think Tianyu has been in the game longer, has a bigger factory; therefore, that is reflected in the price, perhaps. Don't know. You can try SG after the holidays and see how you like them. They seem to be better with CADS too.

I agree with all you said!... I can’t wait to see your finished ring ... I hope you don’t mind if I save your CAD for maybe a future project.... can I ask who you contacted and used through Stargems?.... thanks in advance!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I almost forgot....don't forget to mention to the Chinese vendors to give you a discount. I told them I found them on Reddit/Pricescope and Wedding Bee and they said they would give me a good price. Tianyu gives 3 to 5% off and SG didn't quote a specific percentage off but did say "okay, I'll give you a special price."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results