shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
My ring is done! ...in 18k and not in platinum as I asked..... I feel that it is oartly my fault. I initially asked them to make the ring in 18k then changed my mind to platninum but failed to spot the “18k” written in the CAD and correct it to platinum. I could get the refind for the difference I paid when I asked them to make the ring in platinum. I don’t know what I should do... my main reasons for wanting to get the platinum was that it was only $150 ish more than 18k and I would not need to rhodium plate it. I clean my rings very often.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is done! ...in 18k and not in platinum as I asked..... I feel that it is oartly my fault. I initially asked them to make the ring in 18k then changed my mind to platninum but failed to spot the “18k” written in the CAD and correct it to platinum. I could get the refind for the difference I paid when I asked them to make the ring in platinum. I don’t know what I should do... my main reasons for wanting to get the platinum was that it was only $150 ish more than 18k and I would not need to rhodium plate it. I clean my rings very often.
I think if you paid the money for the platinum, it wasn't your responsibility to make sure that the CAD was corrected. They should have known by the additional payment. If you haven't paid the money, then it might be a bit harder to convince them. Don't feel bad about the mistake. You are not the first one that has asked them to redo a ring. I have rings in both. The 18K still looks new after a few months and they told me I would not have to rhodium plate for 2-3 years. I have no idea if that is true but I assume it will start showing wear after 1 year. My platinum rings show scratches on the bottom already but it is still what I prefer because I like the patina and the weight.

If you really want platinum, and you have paid for it, I would ask them to redo the ring. It might take them an extra week but it is better to have what you paid for or it is going to bug you.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock

Did you asked them if the ring is platinum or not? Sometimes they might forget to update the CAD. If it isn't, don't have them mail you the ring. Have them remake it since you did for the price differences. And like swaye2010 said, they should have corrected the CAD to be platinum when you changed to platinum and paid for platinum. But that is something I've noticed with both Chinese companies, you got to be really be vigilant on the CAD and details. They'll forget stuff as well and they'll give you the CAD to verify and if we missed anything, it's kind of on us b/c they gave it to us to look at. Which kind of sucks b/c I had to learn it th ehard way O_O

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
SG sent a video of my oval ring. It should be here later this week. Can't wait! I might try a crushed ice cut next.

Lucky that turned out BEAUTIFUL!! :kiss2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
My round brilliant cut oval from SG is here. I LOVE IT! The setting is gorgeous and I'm glad I went with 14k. It's not too yellow, more like buttery color, but enough contract to make the melee stones pop. I went with F color. It looks white to me, but it picks up the color from the gold and warmth surrounding now and again. I don't mind, it's beautiful. It's been a cloudy day so I haven't seen how it looks in direct sunlight yet. But so far the gem is lively. I haven't seen it looking "dead" yet. It's bright and shiny.

Oval_Ring_1.jpg Oval_Ring_2.jpg Oval_Ring_3.jpg Oval_Ring_4.jpg Oval_Ring_5.jpg Oval_Ring_7.jpg Oval_Ring_11.jpg

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh Lucky!:eek2: It so pretty!!:kiss2: It really does face up white and the Oval looks gorgeous. I dont see a bow tie at all! I love the setting.. What size is that Oval? I got a quote from Cherry on a 9x7mm in DEF and just checking about the size of yours.. It looks to be that size. Can you confirm?

Hey :think: wait a minute, wasn't this one supposed to be the one for your mom??:mrgreen2:

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh Lucky!:eek2: It so pretty!!:kiss2: It really does face up white and the Oval looks gorgeous. I dont see a bow tie at all! I love the setting.. What size is that Oval? I got a quote from Cherry on a 9x7mm in DEF and just checking about the size of yours.. It looks to be that size. Can you confirm?

Hey :think: wait a minute, wasn't this one supposed to be the one for your mom??:mrgreen2:

Thank you:D I love it! It's a 9x7mm in DEF color as well.

The one for my mom is the OEC Tianyu is making. We're still working on the CAD O_O It's taken longer than usual. She's probably quite busy with Tianyu blowing up.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for that @Lucky_Rabbit! =)2 I can't wait to see what you are doing for her then! I was thinking that this was supposed to be hers but I could see why you wouldn't be able to part with it if it originally was, lol. :lol:

Looks like you can get a band pretty close to it too! Bonus! Great Setting..

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for that @Lucky_Rabbit! =)2 I can't wait to see what you are doing for her then! I was thinking that this was supposed to be hers but I could see why you wouldn't be able to part with it if it originally was, lol. :lol:

Looks like you can get a band pretty close to it too! Bonus! Great Setting..

I'm contemplating getting Cherry to do a custom crushed ice for me. I saw a gorgeous one over on one of their sales rep's IG account. And if I like how it looks after, I'll figure the setting can be made for it while they still have the stone. I like Emily, but it's taking longer on the communication and she's missing details on how I want the CAD to be so we have to go back and fourth a lot. SG did a great job with this so I might give them more businesses if Tianyu is going to take forever for me to get anything done. Unless it's a piece that I'm not worry if it takes a while (hence, my mom's piece or mine if I like it more, hehe).

You going to go ahead with an oval? I know you've been comtemplating.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I'm contemplating getting Cherry to do a custom crushed ice for me. I saw a gorgeous one over on one of their sales rep's IG account. And if I like how it looks after, I'll figure the setting can be made for it while they still have the stone. I like Emily, but it's taking longer on the communication and she's missing details on how I want the CAD to be so we have to go back and fourth a lot. SG did a great job with this so I might give them more businesses if Tianyu is going to take forever for me to get anything done. Unless it's a piece that I'm not worry if it takes a while (hence, my mom's piece or mine if I like it more, hehe).

You going to go ahead with an oval? I know you've been comtemplating.

I am still considering it very much especially after seeing yours!:geek2: I have to say that SG gave me a better price than Tianyu.. ;-)

I cannot recommend dealing with Ella enough! She is very responsive and I mean within less than 24 hours and depending on the time of day it is within minutes.. Sorry to hear that things are going slow with Emily.:(2

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I am still considering it very much especially after seeing yours!:geek2: I have to say that SG gave me a better price than Tianyu.. ;-)

I cannot recommend dealing with Ella enough! She is very responsive and I mean within less than 24 hours and depending on the time of day it is within minutes.. Sorry to hear that things are going slow with Emily.:(2

I heard she's faster. But I wouldn't feel right not dealing with Emily. Be kind of disloyal, I guess? But the stuff I want from Tianyu, I'm not in a hurry. Otherwise I'd be a little fed up.

What kind of an oval and setting you're looking to get?

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure on the setting just yet. I might end up just purchasing the stone and finding a setting locally or online. I do have a setting now that I can put a stone on but I already have another Moissanite stone (8mm Round) coming that I want to see how it would look first because I got a killer deal on it but waiting to receive it first. I should have it in hand around Wednesday of next week.;)2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ordered a H&A from SG? I can’t keep up :P2

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My round brilliant cut oval from SG is here. I LOVE IT! The setting is gorgeous and I'm glad I went with 14k. It's not too yellow, more like buttery color, but enough contract to make the melee stones pop. I went with F color. It looks white to me, but it picks up the color from the gold and warmth surrounding now and again. I don't mind, it's beautiful. It's been a cloudy day so I haven't seen how it looks in direct sunlight yet. But so far the gem is lively. I haven't seen it looking "dead" yet. It's bright and shiny.

Oval_Ring_1.jpg Oval_Ring_2.jpg Oval_Ring_3.jpg Oval_Ring_4.jpg Oval_Ring_5.jpg Oval_Ring_7.jpg Oval_Ring_11.jpg

It is lovely and very nice prongs!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
IMG_20180909_141507.jpg
Still no sun, but still love it:D I'm going to ask Cherry to possibly see about oval crushed ice. Will go down to near colorless since I will probably go with yellow gold again.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_20180909_141507.jpg
Still no sun, but still love it:D I'm going to ask Cherry to possibly see about oval crushed ice. Will go down to near colorless since I will probably go with yellow gold again.

Oh my gosh Lucky, you are KILLING ME:love: with these hand shots of this GORGEOUS ring!:kiss2:

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
I got my ring! Under strong LED light, the stone sparkles with flashes of color but hard to make out the individual facets. The stone appears very bright and very hard to have my eyes focus on each facet. Under halogen light it still sparkles but I can see the facets better (there is more contrast between facets). I did not get to see it under natural light yet. I am already pretty happy with it, considering the price. At this price point, I am happy to have a large clear stone that sparkles and doesn’t window like a cz. I will post some pics later today.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:love: Very pretty!=)2 So you did get platinum like you originally asked for.. Glad that they corrected that for you.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@greenteabiscuit I LOVE your ring! Such a gorgeous cut, and the prongs are yummy. :appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I am working on some new projects with Starsgem. One of them is an oval & I originally thought I wanted a crushed ice but I really wanted yellow gold. They said that the crushed ice cuts look better in E/F as they could show some yellow so I switched to a brilliant cut so I could go with G/H. I thought I would upload some pic’s & videos in case anyone was interested in seeing what these look like. I had also looked at some video’s from Tianyu but like luckyrabbit, we both felt SG had nicer cuts on their oval stones.
52BA3EEC-94F8-4C0D-B59B-B6C752D02A46.jpeg
D2E8878E-A1CE-4091-8F8A-33320FB900FB.jpeg

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/290094070" width="640" height="1131" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">Untitled</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user85749469">Angel Waye</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This is my oval 3 stone ring project in 14K yellow gold. Center stone will be 11x9 G/H with two 4x6 pears in a tapered sort of knife edge look. I am going to have them adjust the thickness to 1.8 but everything else seems ok. Price was $632.

Inspiration pic:
0E8F2360-A4DD-4FA6-9402-EC58165F48CC.jpeg

FB882BF9-39A8-4844-BB6A-92AE874E3919.jpeg

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/289900667" width="640" height="1138" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">51DFAEE2-64C6-48A7-9AAE-345C8C4F6A30</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user85749469">Angel Waye</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Last edited:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I saw on SG’s IG account their fancy yellow elongated cushion’s and really wanted to get one of these in crushed ice. This is a 10x8 elongated cushion with 5x5 side trillion’s G/H in platinum. I wanted to do a yellow gold center and the rest in platinum but they were not able to accommodate that. I could only use 14K white & yellow gold and I didn’t want the maintenance of rhodium dipping the rings so this was a compromise. I switched from double claw to tab prongs to minimize the platinum on the yellow stone.

I want to bump up the bottom thickness but I am waiting to find out what the side & top dimensions are because I don’t want the bottom thickness larger than the sides. Price was $687

Inspiration pic’s:

Wanted this:
C86EC64E-F100-4BD4-8E1E-65D8572F36DD.png

But had to go with this:
8E815DA5-06CE-49C7-8727-EF6EADCC555B.jpeg
5D0B2B4B-18F1-463B-A99D-C1B9D1B8CD4F.jpeg
975080A8-14E5-4BAF-A55A-904DE85E8895.png

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/289900681" width="640" height="1138" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">5A2C6486-C83E-41D9-8C0F-86A4658F490D</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user85749469">Angel Waye</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! How exciting!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
OMG @swaye2010 :love: those are going to be gorgeous but then again everything that you do custom always is!:mrgreen2: Cant wait to see finished pix of them! Boy, would I love to have a peep inside your ring box of all your beautiful lovelies!!:lol:

Heidi2101

Rough_Rock
Premium
Please post pics of the finished product. These are absolutely spectacular!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results