shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!:dance: I am talking to Cherry to see about pricing on one. I am also going to contact Emily (from Tianyu) for the same and then see what they both tell me..:kiss2:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great comparison thread! You guys are the best!!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Tianyu is going to make an antique inspired ring for my mom (or me, we shall see). So I decided to try oval with SG.

Revised drawing 12.png

Gotta love the slo mo!!

:eek-2: Ooh that is going to be so pretty!:kiss2: I bet you guys will be debating over who ends up with it. Maybe she will loan it out to you some, lol.. That is a very nice Oval from SG! Will you email me with what they quoted you on that stone if it is okay? I received a quote from Tianyu on one and want to compare..;)2

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Gotta love the slo mo!!

:eek-2: Ooh that is going to be so pretty!:kiss2: I bet you guys will be debating over who ends up with it. Maybe she will loan it out to you some, lol.. That is a very nice Oval from SG! Will you email me with what they quoted you on that stone if it is okay? I received a quote from Tianyu on one and want to compare..;)2

I had Tianyu quoted me for an oval first. I didn't like how their oval brilliant cut look so I was going for the crushed ice, but the more I looked at their crushed ice the more I realized nvm. But their quote for the crushed ice was about the same as SG's oval brilliant price. But i'll email you the quotes.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just re read this thread and it's SO helpful! Thanks to everyone for the detailed pics and info. @Lucky_Rabbit the detailed info about the h&a is incredibly helpful!

Edit, @_dracarys_ did you specify anything about cut for you OEC? asking because I love it! I think I prefer them with almost no/minimal culet, and yours is perfect!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I just re read this thread and it's SO helpful! Thanks to everyone for the detailed pics and info. @Lucky_Rabbit the detailed info about the h&a is incredibly helpful!

Edit, @_dracarys_ did you specify anything about cut for you OEC? asking because I love it! I think I prefer them with almost no/minimal culet, and yours is perfect!

No problem, glad to help:)

I LOVE Dracary's OEC too, lol. I'm might have to go back and get another OEC from SG. Their cut is exactly what I want, just prefer for it to slightly have bigger culet.

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock

Thank you! The only thing I asked was for it to be cut like the Harro Gem OEC and sent pics. I'm not totally confident they cut me anything special because it shipped out the next day, so either they're really fast at cutting or I got whatever stock they had. Regardless, I'm happy with how it turned out.

No problem, glad to help:)

I LOVE Dracary's OEC too, lol.
Thank you =)2

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
I just received a video of my acc. Is there anything I should watch out for? I would like to post the video but won’t have the time to do so until this evening. :confused2:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I just received a video of my acc. Is there anything I should watch out for? I would like to post the video but won’t have the time to do so until this evening. :confused2:
It will help when we can see the video but you can make sure the color and culet is the way you asked for it. Did you get a square or an elongated version?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So since I plan on having David Klass create my setting, and he’s seen every moissanite under the sun, I asked who he recommended for H&A. I told him I was considering Amora and Tianyu (he’s set several so I knew he was familiar with them) and he said if the cost difference is big, he would give Tianyu a shot. Um, yeah, there’s a HUGE price difference. Lol.

Out of curiosity, who did DK recommend for the best looking moissanites?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Out of curiosity, who did DK recommend for the best looking moissanites?

He hasn’t recommended one clear vendor. I’ve asked twice now about two different shapes and each times he’s just pointed out who he’s gotten a good stone from recently.

I asked about elongated ACC first and he said he got one from a vendor who is out of business now. I almost ordered one from her but they were way high. She’s the only one he mentioned besides AVC for ACCs to me.

Then I asked about H&A and said I was between those two and he said that while Amora is beautiful he had just gotten an oval he was impressed with from Tianyu. And if there was a big price difference he would give Tianyu a shot.

I think he’s worried about endorsing a company and then them not meeting my expectations. I plan on ordering from Tianyu, especially after seeing a solitaire someone just got over on WB.

I know this is all quite vague but I hope it helps!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Also, to be fair, I think it’s worth noting that I asked about the ACC probably a year and a half ago. I think before Tianyu blew up so it probably wasn’t an option for him to recommend at that time.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He hasn’t recommended one clear vendor. I’ve asked twice now about two different shapes and each times he’s just pointed out who he’s gotten a good stone from recently.

I asked about elongated ACC first and he said he got one from a vendor who is out of business now. I almost ordered one from her but they were way high. She’s the only one he mentioned besides AVC for ACCs to me.

Then I asked about H&A and said I was between those two and he said that while Amora is beautiful he had just gotten an oval he was impressed with from Tianyu. And if there was a big price difference he would give Tianyu a shot.

I think he’s worried about endorsing a company and then them not meeting my expectations. I plan on ordering from Tianyu, especially after seeing a solitaire someone just got over on WB.

I know this is all quite vague but I hope it helps!

Yes, thanks! I need to go check out that solitaire on WB!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, thanks! I need to go check out that solitaire on WB!

Yes you do!!! It’s stunning!!! Makes me really excited to order my loose stones, but I wanted to get my CADs back from DK first.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes you do!!! It’s stunning!!! Makes me really excited to order my loose stones, but I wanted to get my CADs back from DK first.

I can't find it! Do you have a link?

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock

Here is the video! It is 9x10, GH color
Let me know what you think. I haven’t seen a diamond acc in 5 years so I don’t know what to expect. The culet size is as I requested.

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock

Here is the video! It is 9x10, GH color
Let me know what you think. I haven’t seen a diamond acc in 5 years so I don’t know what to expect. The culet size is as I requested.

Does it look too “brilliant”, as in there is a LOT of white light? I expected to see more colours... do you think it is the lighting that makes the stone display a lot of white facets?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Omg that ring is perfect! Love that cut, it's definitely more of a "true" H&A then the ones I saw from them a while ago. Makes me want to order one too!!

Yes it’s incredible! I hope mine looks like that :eek2: If not, I’ll be super upset. Lol

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Does it look too “brilliant”, as in there is a LOT of white light? I expected to see more colours... do you think it is the lighting that makes the stone display a lot of white facets?
Since I have one from them, I notice that it definitely picks up the color in a room. All of their videos are shot in a white factory room and I always think that is what the stone will look like in person. I see more white in my square ACC though. The elongated cushion will pick up the colors like a bunch of tiny mirrors. Mine is in platinum so it does seem to reflect a lot of grey though. You will get more sparkle in overhead kitchen/bathroom lighting. It looks the most like my diamond in daylight (not direct sunshine) although I do get a bit more sparkle from my diamond. I think they have been trying to cut a lot of the disco ball out of moissanites but I think we expect to see a little more of that sparkle still there.

I am sure that they will continue to get better year after year. I guess that is what makes it hard to drop $2K for my size stones on a sim. My only regret on mine is not going for that 11x 9 size in the beginning, but I was guessing!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
AA31003B-E70E-48DA-8E16-78A73D03D8C5.jpeg
And CAD of the ring.

I forgot to say - did you want to bump up the thickness on that ring? Lucky rabbit usually goes for a 1.5 because she likes them thin. I prefer mine at 1.8 which is what most standard CAD’s are at. I don’t know if I mentioned it before. This is personal choice but they can warp more easily when they are that thin...

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
I forgot to say - did you want to bump up the thickness on that ring? Lucky rabbit usually goes for a 1.5 because she likes them thin. I prefer mine at 1.8 which is what most standard CAD’s are at. I don’t know if I mentioned it before. This is personal choice but they can warp more easily when they are that thin...

I hadn’t thought of that at all! I will go measire how thick my wedding rings are and see if I should ask them to make the band thicker.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I hadn’t thought of that at all! I will go measire how thick my wedding rings are and see if I should ask them to make the band thicker.
I think because you have a good size stone it helps balance out the weight on the bottom side...as well as it being more sturdy/get misshapen.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
AA31003B-E70E-48DA-8E16-78A73D03D8C5.jpeg
And CAD of the ring.

You CAD looks good. Did you do any changes or you kept as is? I have a lot of stand in rings and I measured them, the thickness in them ranges from 1.3mm - 1.6mm, so I kept them around that and 2mm width. When I did go thicker, I regretted it. But if all about preferences and taste.

I'm contemplating doing a solitaire like that for an ACC, so let us know it goes. And your stone looks beautiful.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
SG sent a video of my oval ring. It should be here later this week. Can't wait! I might try a crushed ice cut next.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow @Lucky_Rabbit that looks great! They did an excellent job with setting, and the stones look well-set and delicate. I was wondering what small pave would look like from these jewelers, and it looks like they executed a great ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results