shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

jso72

Rough_Rock
I sent a couple of pictures & a video for both rings and asked for pics & videos before the stones are set. Thanks!

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
Is everyone contacting SG through [email protected]?

I'm just a little concerned because I've been talking to someone on wechat, but she just quoted me $194 for a 5x5mm ACC bezel set ring... whereas Tianyu quoted me $405 for the same design.

jso72

Rough_Rock
I originally contacted them through that email address & demi emailed me back. We chat was the easiest way to communicate and the we chat info came from the email My 8x7 ACC was $310 +$shipping in 14k.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

I'm just a little concerned because I've been talking to someone on wechat, but she just quoted me $194 for a 5x5mm ACC bezel set ring... whereas Tianyu quoted me $405 for the same design.

My quotes were similar. $729 from Tianyu vs $413 (shipping and PayPal fees included!) from SG. I don’t think the $729 includes any fees or shipping. Their prices have really skyrocketed. I hope SG doesn’t follow suit!

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
Oh wow okay thanks. So SG is just that much cheaper?

Jso-- could I ask what the wechat username of your contact was?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow okay thanks. So SG is just that much cheaper?

Jso-- could I ask what the wechat username of your contact was?

Yep! It’s crazy the difference. They used to be much more comparable.

I’ve been chatting with Cherry via email.

Mrsgoldie

Rough_Rock
I have been chatting to Grace on wattapp. I initially wattsapped mona, I she forwarded me to Grace. From what I read here I don't think mona works for them anymore. But I just presumed Grace does when she got back to me.. Better double check

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I have been chatting to Grace on wattapp. I initially wattsapped mona, I she forwarded me to Grace. From what I read here I don't think mona works for them anymore. But I just presumed Grace does when she got back to me.. Better double check

Same here. Apparently Mona resigned.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

If you plan to order, I would email Cherry Zheng at the email above and say that you have been speaking with someone on wechat & the price you have been quoted. I don’t know if you can tell from the user name who you were talking to? Mona has left and there seems to be some new sales people. The price sounds about right for your ring but I am not sure if that includes shipping/fee’s. You might want to ask them what the total gold weight is...

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
If you plan to order, I would email Cherry Zheng at the email above and say that you have been speaking with someone on wechat & the price you have been quoted. I don’t know if you can tell from the user name who you were talking to? Mona has left and there seems to be some new sales people. The price sounds about right for your ring but I am not sure if that includes shipping/fee’s. You might want to ask them what the total gold weight is...

I've just emailed them. Hopefully everything's all good :clap: Definitely going to ask for all the information I can get! Thanks everyone.

jso72

Rough_Rock
Dear,
thanks your email
this is Demi and i will follow your orders
could your tell me more about the rings that you want?
do you have whatsapp or wechat
Demi Chan

Starsgem Co.,Ltd.
Trade manager :cn1524697529sqcl Whatsapp:+8617777407925
QQ:1905540003 Wechat:17777407925

jso72

Rough_Rock
This is the email I received. Originally contacted cherry & she passed me over to demi

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This is the email I received. Originally contacted cherry & she passed me over to demi
She sounds new. I can tell that they are running it through a translation program, which can be frustrating. I would try to list out what you want and make sure that you have inspiration pictures so there is no confusion. Ask to see the ACC before it is set with at least a 20 second video. Once you get a CAD we can take a look at it too to make sure that everything is right before they do anything....

jso72

Rough_Rock
Thanks swaye=)2 I posted that for cressyrose cause she was asking for contact info, it was a quick post cause I was at work so it probably doesn't make sense lol I had them fix my cads (upped the thickness to 1.6) and received videos of both stones. I can't wait & now deciding between 5 stone band or earrings lol

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010
I've been looking at Starsgem on ebay. Is the elongated ACC, the same as the elongated cushion cut I'm seeing now? Your ACC is so beautiful.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010
I've been looking at Starsgem on ebay. Is the elongated ACC, the same as the elongated cushion cut I'm seeing now? Your ACC is so beautiful.
I think my square ACC that was 8.5 mm is still on their eBay page. I have 3 other elongated ones of varying sizes that I have also ordered. The elongated version is still my fav, which is why I have so many!

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
Thanks jso :) as an update, the same person just wechatted me back saying that they received my email. I guess it's fine--planning to go ahead with the purchase through alibaba. So nervous!

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
B305AF04-8D08-4979-9493-9DB791E82457.png CB240860-5D3C-49D1-BFBA-9B176F16F6BA.jpeg Hey everyone. So I’m a plus size bride to be and I want a moissanite ring. I think I want to try Starsgem’s since they seem to be cheaper than tianyu but still on point with quality. I have a couple questions since I don’t know a lot of the jewelry lingo lol
1. I wear a size 12 ring, what size band should I go with? I want 14k white gold. I’m afraid of my band bending or getting warped
2. I want a really sparkly cut. Would you recommend their h&a cut or round brilliant? How are the cushion cuts? I see their videos on Instagram but I don’t have the trained eye to see if their cuts are any good.
3. I want a bling ring, I’m thinking of maybe an 8.5mm h&a but I’m not even sure if this will be good compared to my overall finger? It’s hard to find anyone with my finger size to compare to lol

Ironically the ring I have fallen in love with is something I saw on tianyu’s instagram. I’ll include pictures, I was quoted $700 for it, not including any fees. How do I go about asking Starsgem’s for a quote for this ring? What would you call the design lol?

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Also wow quick update, I got a quote from Ella at tianyu and she just quoted me $570, I got a quote from Demi at Starsgem’s and she quoted me $590:confused: I’m surprised how quick they both replied.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys

A few of you asked about Mona she left to start her own jewellery business.

I am thrilled with the piece SG made for me. I wore it for an event as a rhr and got a huge amount of compliments

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys

A few of you asked about Mona she left to start her own jewellery business.

I am thrilled with the piece SG made for me. I wore it for an event as a rhr and got a huge amount of compliments
I am actually working with Mona right now with some stones. I'll update on this thread once I get them. If they turn out well--which I assume they will--I'll have her work on some rings.

She is super nice, I love working with her.

tpl001

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am new here too. I am working with Mona as well to get my ring customized. She is very nice. Hopefully, they will email me a CAD in a couple days. I would love everyone opinion on it before I get the stone set. I am excited :dance::dance::dance:

Mrsgoldie

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am new here too. I am working with Mona as well to get my ring customized. She is very nice. Hopefully, they will email me a CAD in a couple days. I would love everyone opinion on it before I get the stone set. I am excited :dance::dance::dance:

How are you contacting mona? Is she still doing moissanite? Has she showed you any stones? What are her prices like? Looking forward to seeing your Cad, fingers crossed for you:dance:

tpl001

Rough_Rock
I think she is not completely left SG yet, cause she contacted me after I request a quote from SG intagram. I got a quote for platinum ACC 7x9mm stone $590 paypal fee and shipping which is not far off from other post here.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I think she is not completely left SG yet, cause she contacted me after I request a quote from SG intagram. I got a quote for platinum ACC 7x9mm stone $590 paypal fee and shipping which is not far off from other post here.
I think she maintains her SG Instagram as her personal business page now, even though she still has her old Starsgem pics. I asked her directly what she was doing and she says she’s on her own, didn’t specify if she was with a different company.

I found her prices for loose stones to be a little higher than Starsgem, but less than Tianyu. I feel more comfortable working with her based on some of the feedback from this thread...I told her exactly what I want and she promises to send pics before shipping. I’m hoping they’re nice...

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
My CAD is here! I'm not over the moon with it - I asked for a rounded band (although I don't really mind the knife edge) and the design looks very sharp and edge-y overall. Now to try and communicate the more soft look I was envisioning... (how??)

Is there any reason the bottom measurement says 1.5mm? Is it more comfortable if the underside is less tall? Should I get this amended to 1.6?

Also - does anyone know why the bezel seems so raised above the stone? It looks very sunken. Is this a CAD thing?

mmexport1550831892056.jpg

tpl001

Rough_Rock
sketch-1550846180261.png This is my CAD. I want something simple so I ask for this style. What do you guys think? I want my basket a look a bit like U shape instead of straight V shape.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
My CAD is here! I'm not over the moon with it - I asked for a rounded band (although I don't really mind the knife edge) and the design looks very sharp and edge-y overall. Now to try and communicate the more soft look I was envisioning... (how??)

Is there any reason the bottom measurement says 1.5mm? Is it more comfortable if the underside is less tall? Should I get this amended to 1.6?

Also - does anyone know why the bezel seems so raised above the stone? It looks very sunken. Is this a CAD thing?

mmexport1550831892056.jpg
I am not crazy about the look as a knife edge. I think it should be a flat or comfort fit band like the picture below. You have a pretty tiny finger size, which is why they probably went to 1.5 mm. I would go for 1.6 mm just to get a really solid ring. Make sure you tell them that you want the ring to ‘end’ on that measurement after polishing so it does not end up too thin. I think once the stone is set, the bezel will look fine but it doesn’t hurt to confirm.
B9C2B75C-3ADB-4B70-941B-B6C75B9945B3.jpeg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
sketch-1550846180261.png This is my CAD. I want something simple so I ask for this style. What do you guys think? I want my basket a look a bit like U shape instead of straight V shape.
The CAD looks a bit different then the style of SG so I assume you are working directly with Mona then? I think the measurements look ok but the best thing to do is to send her a picture of exactly what you are looking for with a peg head that has a softened ‘U’ shape rather than the hard ‘V’ shape. Sometimes it is easier to explain it with pictures to get what you want. The rest looks good though....

cas92791

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am new here, but have been reading for awhile. I had a question to the people who’ve used Starsgem before. I will be ordering my wedding band from them and they have asked that the payment be paid in full. Is that now it normally goes? Wasn’t sure if you pay a deposit up front then the rest once the band has been made? Help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results