shape
carat
color
clarity

Missydebby Project Update

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think you are wise in keeping overall size of the ring delicate and petite. I also agree with Leon about having the yellow melee next to the center stone. Having yellow-blue-yellow on a petite piece could make it look too much like stripes, IMO. You have a winner :appl: Now sign the work order and let's get on with it! You must have noticed how we all have taken ownership of your ring :bigsmile:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OK now I really need you input

Just got off the phone with Leon. Did I tell you guys lately that I love him? Ok, just saying. Anyways, they are gonna take back the oval and that's a done deal now. Full refund. Now, I got the possible dimensions of the new ring and some quotes. We looked at a couple of different options, and I made some true to size pics.

Number 1:
A smaller ring. The 5.91 x 5.23 radiant with one halo of sapphires set in darkened metal at approx 1.06mm. Plain shank. Yellow gold basket, shank in either yellow gold or platinum.
leon%20small%20ring,%20cf.jpg

Number 2 This comes in at my price limit and is 2K more:
The 5.91 x 5.23 radiant with 2 halos, inside yellow diamonds in yellow gold, outside sapphires in darkened metal. Total additional mm is approx 2.06. Yellow gold shank with some yellow diamond pave.
leon%20large%20ring,%20cf.jpg

I have my own pros and cons... but I'll keep them to myself for now and would love your opinions! Thanks!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are absolutely adorable. That's all I have to add.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
OK now I really need you input

Just got off the phone with Leon. Did I tell you guys lately that I love him? Ok, just saying. Anyways, they are gonna take back the oval and that's a done deal now. Full refund. Now, I got the possible dimensions of the new ring and some quotes. We looked at a couple of different options, and I made some true to size pics.

Number 1:
A smaller ring. The 5.91 x 5.23 radiant with one halo of sapphires set in darkened metal at approx 1.06mm. Plain shank. Yellow gold basket, shank in either yellow gold or platinum.
leon%20small%20ring,%20cf.jpg

Number 2 This comes in at my price limit and is 2K more:
The 5.91 x 5.23 radiant with 2 halos, inside yellow diamonds in yellow gold, outside sapphires in darkened metal. Total additional mm is approx 2.06. Yellow gold shank with some yellow diamond pave.
leon%20large%20ring,%20cf.jpg

I have my own pros and cons... but I'll keep them to myself for now and would love your opinions! Thanks!

I like the first option. It's so dainty and delicate, and looks lovely on your hand (well, you know what I mean: if it were real, as opposed to paper!) But the bottom line here is that they are both great options, and you can't go wrong. Would option 1 leave you more play money for another project?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Aoife!

I'm so torn. Here's why. The price for the double halo is at at at my limit. I mean, just at the level of producing a heart attack. I can do it, and it's really a very reasonable quote for the work and jewels, but it is much more than I was originally planning for the project. On the other hand, it would be a masterpiece. On the other other hand, the single halo feels like a better size for me and doesn't overshadow my ering on my left hand. On the fifth side, it's less awesome and maybe I could get used to the larger size.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the "simpler" option. I think it is still a very large ring in terms of presence, and it will match the scale of your e-ring better. And you can wear it ALL the time without feeling like it is OTT.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
missdebby,

I have no personal preference with regard to the configuration of the halo, HOWEVER I will say this - FOR GAWD SAKE, DO THE DOUBLE SURROUND, WOMAN! I feel like you would kick yourself for not doing the double surround and adding that extra bit of "oomph." After all, I do not get the impression that this project was meant to be a balancing act for your engagement ring.

GO FOR IT!

:D

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
Hey Aoife!

I'm so torn. Here's why. The price for the double halo is at at at my limit. I mean, just at the level of producing a heart attack. I can do it, and it's really a very reasonable quote for the work and jewels, but it is much more than I was originally planning for the project. On the other hand, it would be a masterpiece. On the other other hand, the single halo feels like a better size for me and doesn't overshadow my ering on my left hand. On the fifth side, it's less awesome and maybe I could get used to the larger size.

Here's what I think:

I think you already know, deep, down inside what you want to/should do. Do it. Get what you want. Don't be swayed by anyone else's opinion. If the price is making you gulp, and might impinge on your pleasure in the ring, get the simpler version. If you love the smaller (less expensive option) option but the larger option makes your heart do the rhumba (in a good way), get that. Especially don't be swayed by Leon, because he undoubtedly is a Master, but it's your ring, your dream, and your money.

And here ends the lesson. :cheeky:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really like the first option. I feel like the yellow halo directly surrounding the diamond will give the impression of trying to create the optical illusion of a bigger stone, whereas the sapphire halo will simply enhance it ....

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I like this first one so much better.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OK, nows here's another question... with the first one, I could do the basket in yellow gold, and you wouldn't see the gold at all it would just highlight the yellow of the diamond. Then the sapphires in blackened silver or gold. Now, given that, I'm debating with this option of having a platinum or yellow gold shank. It wouldn't look two toned because you really won't see any yellow gold. Thoughts?

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
OK, nows here's another question... with the first one, I could do the basket in yellow gold, and you wouldn't see the gold at all it would just highlight the yellow of the diamond. Then the sapphires in blackened silver or gold. Now, given that, I'm debating with this option of having a platinum or yellow gold shank. It wouldn't look two toned because you really won't see any yellow gold. Thoughts?

This is where I would leave it in the hands of Leon.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
sphenequeen said:
missydebby said:

This is where I would leave it in the hands of Leon.

He said either way would be beautiful, and it's up to me. I was thinking if I did the double halo, def go yellow shank. But with the single halo, I was thinking platinum.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I love the double halo option #2. The whole thing isn't going to be, yanno, subtle and restrained, so I would love to see it taken allll the way.

Both are totally neat and unusual in a good way though! If you do option one, I'd lean towards a YG shank, to go with the stone.

LittleGreyKitten said:
I love the double halo option #2. The whole thing isn't going to be, yanno, subtle and restrained, so I would love to see it taken allll the way.

Both are totally neat and unusual in a good way though! If you do option one, I'd lean towards a YG shank, to go with the stone.

Yep! Double halo.. :love: :love:

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
missydebby said:
Hey Aoife!

Missydebby,

You are funny, he just quoted you 2k more for some fancy yellow melee and an extra halo and its very reasonable? :lol:
You definitely qualify for the PITA pricing.

I think Option One will be gorgeous and you should be hornswaggled if you don't get a YG shank with yellow melee and go all the way with this ring if you choose that option.

I for one am so looking forward to seeing this ring with either option both are going to be wicked.
Have you ever seen antiqued metal with dark sapphire melee?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OK... here's the ladies together...
Leon%20Multi,cf.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
ChunkyCushionLover said:
missydebby said:
Hey Aoife!

Missydebby,

You are funny, he just quoted you 2k more for some fancy yellow melee and an extra halo and its very reasonable? :lol:
You definitely qualify for the PITA pricing.

I think Option One will be gorgeous and you should be hornswaggled if you don't get a YG shank with yellow melee and go all the way with this ring if you choose that option.

I for one am so looking forward to seeing this ring with either option both are going to be wicked.
Have you ever seen antiqued metal with dark sapphire melee?

Nono no!!!! My dear Chunky! The cheaper option is: single halo sapphires and plain shank whilst the more expensive option is 2 halos, one with yellow diamonds, and diamonds at least 1/2 way down the shank. We were looking at least and most expensive! You are so funny! I'll leave the hornswallin to my hubby :naughty:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I vote platinum shank because I think it will make the yellow diamonds stand out.

I'm still thinking about this color combination of a greenish yellow center, yellow melee halo and blue sapphires. In the wrong hands that could be a hot mess. I would only trust Leon with something like that for sure! I've only seen one ring of his I didn't like so I'll trust he'll give you a masterpiece!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
My vote:

1. YG shank regardless - to me platinum doesn't make sense in this ring unless you use white diamonds as well.

2. I like the 2nd option. I am NOT a size gal when it comes to white diamonds and engagement rings. I am also not a halo girl at all. I also don't wear coloured stones and don't anticipate that I will. HOWEVER, visually I find the proportions of the 2nd version (double halo, yellow inside, yellow pave shank in YG) make more sense. I do not like coloured stone rings in small sizes - that is just how my mind interprets the "pleasingness" of the coloured piece.

3. If Leon thinks both versions would be beautiful, he's right - that man has the eye like no other.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife said:
missydebby said:
Hey Aoife!

Here's what I think:

I think you already know, deep, down inside what you want to/should do. Do it. Get what you want. Don't be swayed by anyone else's opinion. If the price is making you gulp, and might impinge on your pleasure in the ring, get the simpler version. If you love the smaller (less expensive option) option but the larger option makes your heart do the rhumba (in a good way), get that. Especially don't be swayed by Leon, because he undoubtedly is a Master, but it's your ring, your dream, and your money.

And here ends the lesson. :cheeky:

I think this is wise advice.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Missy Debby: Your project is very exciting. I vote for double halo. But it's your ring and you should decide. Just think which style would make you happier, if cost is not a consideration. BTW if you don't mind sharing, is the cost of the setting more than the cost of the center yellow if you go with the double halo?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i love the double halo...

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Art Nouveau said:
Missy Debby: Your project is very exciting. I vote for double halo. But it's your ring and you should decide. Just think which style would make you happier, if cost is not a consideration. BTW if you don't mind sharing, is the cost of the setting more than the cost of the center yellow if you go with the double halo?

Hey AN! With the single halo cheapest option the price of the center radiant is just slightly more, but essentially equal to the cost of the setting.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my thoughts so far and any and all comments welcome. I'm sorta sitting on the fence between these options and am thinking out loud.

Thought A:
If I go for either of these (the single or double halo with the .90 radiant) then essentially I am saying I won't buy the 3 stone with the Paraiba in the future, because this current project is larger budget wise than I was originally planning.

Pros of waiting for the paraiba 3 stone - it's what I had originally had in mind and is wearable and blingy without being over the top. Cons of the Paraiba - I will probably end up killing the tourmalines somehow as I am known to murder anything softer than a diamond.

Also, if I do wait, I'll get his antique calibre eternity band for now, which is the perfect wedding band for my ering.

Thought B:
The single halo option would be much less risky in terms of money, size, and over-the-topness. Less of a chance that I'd have to get used to it or feel conspicuous in Dutch society. I'd get it with a plain platinum shank so that it complements my ering more. Maybe even with a very thin single shank versus the split shank, because the whole thing would be very petite. I would get the tiniest, most delicate sapphire pave halo he could do.

Thought C:
The double halo has masterpiece potential but might be too much for me in terms of daily look. I mean, if I got used to it, it would be signature. But if I didn't it could end up in the drawer a lot, which would be a travesty. Also, to be honest, the extra cost is making my tummy flip whereas the single halo is more than I originally budgeted for but dealable.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be totally honest.. I'd do absolutely nothing.

It seems like you've been playing leapfrog with your wants over the last few weeks - you've loved so many different styles and looks - not that I blame you, mind!

If you're talking about an expensive project that's to become a "signature look" - well, you should be *sure*. You shouldn't have niggling doubts or worries and you shouldn't have to debate pros and cons, you should look at the design and imagine it on your finger and feel nothing but excited anticipation - and I don't get that certainty from your posts.. I can't help but wonder if this isn't a case of money burning a hole in your pocket at this point.

So.. I say do nothing, sit on your cash and keep saving, and keep contemplating your ideas and looking for more inspiration. Leon isn't going anywhere, and your designs aren't going anywhere, and your spending money isn't going anywhere (unless you spend it!) - and eventually you'll see or dream up something that you *just can't live without*, no ifs/ors/ands/buts, and then go for it!

JMHO.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie said:
I'll be totally honest.. I'd do absolutely nothing.

It seems like you've been playing leapfrog with your wants over the last few weeks - you've loved so many different styles and looks - not that I blame you, mind!

If you're talking about an expensive project that's to become a "signature look" - well, you should be *sure*. You shouldn't have niggling doubts or worries and you shouldn't have to debate pros and cons, you should look at the design and imagine it on your finger and feel nothing but excited anticipation - and I don't get that certainty from your posts.. I can't help but wonder if this isn't a case of money burning a hole in your pocket at this point.

So.. I say do nothing, sit on your cash and keep saving, and keep contemplating your ideas and looking for more inspiration. Leon isn't going anywhere, and your designs aren't going anywhere, and your spending money isn't going anywhere (unless you spend it!) - and eventually you'll see or dream up something that you *just can't live without*, no ifs/ors/ands/buts, and then go for it!

JMHO.

It's ok if you wait til you're sure or until something else strikes you. Careful dear, sometimes we get the train going and it's hard to get off even though it might be the right thing to do.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Yssie and VB! Thanks so much for your insight. I'm way way better and clearer today for having a great night's sleep and a fantastic day painting. 6 hours of pure complete painting concentration... was like having a zen master come and hang out.

Anyway, I am nearly at a decision that I feel wonderful about... like it was staring me in the face all along, but I had the other distractions of so much eye candy from Leon's site and what not.

I've decided to sell all my belongings and join a convent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results