carat
color
clarity

Missydebby Project Update

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys!

Thanks so much for your opinions.

Yeah I love the helix, and the idea is sorta cool with the Tsavs, but in a way it might sorta ruin the sleekness of the ring. It's a beautiful ring though. Another PSer got it awhile back, and I was so surprised at how it looked on her finger. Just like so much more sleek and gorgeous than it seems it could be in the stand alone Mege glamour shot. Know what's weird? Just in my head, I find it hard to spend the same amount of money on the Super Helix as getting a ring with a center stone and nice setting. It's like, but hey, there's no big diamonds... why so expensive? But still, the thought went through my mind, and if my other options don't work out, then it's still something I might consider.

Regarding the original awesome inspiration for this ring and the one I'd swoop up in a heartbeat if it were my size... paraiba%203%20stone.jpg
I talked to Leon about this and next year he's going to get more of these Paraibas from his source. So then I'll get this ring with a rose cut diamond for 5k. It's really the combo that sings to me the most and can be my alternative RHR for special occasions. Something to look forward to.

So for an everyday RHR... I had a great long talk with Perry and Leon yesterday and I'll fill you in in a day or so with what we talked about for the oval. Just gonna wait for info and then update. Sorry for the delay!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Yippee!!! I'm so excited, now we're talking! 2 rings! Yay!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
waiting breathlessly for the details

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
waiting breathlessly for the details :naughty:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I know what I want and on Monday it's all coming together. So opinions welcomed on the final decision.

To recap, the first 3 stone ring idea wasn't working out for me for a number of reasons. So I decided to go back to the drawing board and wait until next year to get that in the combo that really speaks to me (like this http://www.micropave.com/index.php/rings/diamond-and-paraibas-ring.html)

So then I was left with a .60 greenish yellow oval which I had already bought. I got such a crazy deal on it that that was fine for me... had thoughts to make a necklace with that.

Which brings us to today. Perry just sourced me this beauty:
90%20greenish%20yellow%20radiant.jpg

it's a .90 greenish fancy intense yellow with strong blue florescence, VS1 and the price he got me is so good that I may need to send him a gift basket.

Now, flash back to the very first time I ever went on Leon's site. The first ring that made me want to be his concubine was this one:
small%20lm%20halo.jpg
http://www.artofplatinum.com/portfolio/details.php?image_id=565&mode=lightbox

And you know what?!? I'm just gonna get that puppy!

Now here's my question. I can leave the halo just like you see it or do a halo with pink diamonds like this:
pink%20halo,%20cf.jpg

Pros of the pink diamond halo:
- sets it apart from my ering as more of a RHR
- will enhance the green of the center stone

Cons
- too busy?
- costs more

Now just consider this too: I'm gonna make a matching DBY necklace with the oval and halo it the same way as the ring. So either both in white halos or pink.

A necklace like this:
http://www.artofplatinum.com/portfolio/details.php?image_id=337&mode=search

with an oval halo:
http://www.artofplatinum.com/portfo...d=481&mode=search&action=addtolightbox&id=481

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
starryeyed said:
Hi MissyDebby. :wavey:

Have you priced the setting with the pink diamonds? Just wondering - natural pinks are a fortune! :$$):

It's really a matter of preference. I like the original setting just as it is. :love:

18K green gold prongs could be fun. Check out this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...eel-about-green-gold-for-green-stones.150944/

Hi Starry! No, I don't know yet... probably too much but things are going crazy good for me and I could do it I think. Have you ever read the Secret? I haven't and I normally am not into that stuff, but I think the universe wants me to have nice jewelry in that I've sold 8 paintings in the last 2 weeks (4 from my own collection and four commissions) and have at least 3 commissions in the batter's box. Weird, huh?

Anywho, let's just say for the sake of argument that affordability for nice pink melee for the halos was not an issue...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
missydebby said:
Hi Starry! No, I don't know yet... probably too much but things are going crazy good for me and I could do it I think. Have you ever read the Secret? I haven't and I normally am not into that stuff, but I think the universe wants me to have nice jewelry in that I've sold 8 paintings in the last 2 weeks (4 from my own collection and four commissions) and have at least 3 commissions in the batter's box. Weird, huh?

Anywho, let's just say for the sake of argument that affordability for nice pink melee for the halos was not an issue...
I haven't read the Secret! I'll have to check it out. But maybe with all of the sales and commissions you are being presented with a challenge. Just a thought.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I love the new setting choice Missy! :love:

Personally, I think I like the white diamonds in the halo vs. the pink because the beauty of that setting is that it has so many beautiful little details that I feel may get lost if the halo is pink and will distract the eye. Just my 2 cents! Good luck!

E B

Ideal_Rock
The Leon halo is going to be fabulous, and I vote all white diamonds. Let that center stone shine! I think using pink stones (diamonds or sapphires) in the three-stone with a white center would be beautiful, though. Maybe in rose gold?

Can't wait to see the finished product!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. my. gosh. DO IT! get that cold fusion beauty just like you always wanted!!!! i vote for white stones---the pink is just too much imho.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
so is this pink stones around the new yellow radiant?

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
OMG OMG OMG, I haven't read this thread in a coupla days and my how things have/are panning out...I am SOOO excited for you!!! I LOURVE that cold fusion setting and I think that I would stick with the white diamonds, they will make the definitely make those greenish yellow stones pop. **For me** the pink melee might even take away from the color of the center stones, but whatever you choose will be beautiful :love: I am soooo living vicariously through you right now :wavey:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No doubt, white diamonds. The yellow will stand out so much more. The pink and yellow will clash me thinks.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you my ever faithful Ps friends. That's what I needed to hear. All white it is!

Wooooohohohoohohohohohohohohooooooo!!!

Awesome choice! I like the pink diamonds, but really you can't go wrong with a setting like that. Can't wait to see it :love:

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
Thank you my ever faithful Ps friends. That's what I needed to hear. All white it is!

Wooooohohohoohohohohohohohohooooooo!!!
YAYYYYYY!!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
perfection: that stone is so intense it needs to be the star! :appl:

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Missydebby: Glad to hear you are doing so well and you have 3 Leon projects in the works. I also think the cold fusion setting in white diamonds would look great with your cushion fancy yellow diamond. I also love the 3-stone diamond and cab paraiba ring that you posted. Did Leon say it cannot be sized at all? I wonder if he is selling this ring for a customer or someone ordered the ring and then changed his/her mind? Size 4.5 is small for a ring made for sale. The standard size for rings made for sale is usually around 6. Did Leon say what size paraiba cabs he will be getting? I may be interested in earrings if he has a pair big enough.

AN

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Oh you should totally give him a call and talk to him about it. He's gonna be getting more Paraiba next year. (Currently he's making a pendant with one.)

Yes, I asked about the sizing and it can't be sized. : ( Perry says that they have a lot of customers from Asia and that in general with smaller ring sizes like 2 1/2 to 4 1/2, so maybe that's why this ring is small.

So basically I'm putting in my request with him that he picks up a couple cabochon for a ring for me and I'm gonna do my ring with a rose cut center. Just basically anything of that sort and 5k or under.

BTW, it feels ridiculous to me, actually, to be having so much fine jewelry in my possession. In a sense, I'm just turning oil paint into diamonds and platinum. So how's that for alchemy? Anywho, I feel like a princess right now and after years of struggle I'm just gonna wallow in the awesomeness. I imagine my grand children and great grandkids will be so stoked that Gramma Debbie had such good taste. Either that or they'll be pawning it for moonshine.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for you reply. I will call Leon to find out what sizes of paraiba he is expecting. However, I will have to wait until next year for another LM project. I just paid him for a kind of expensive tapered French cut setting.

AN

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, tapered french cut?!? That is gonna be so beautiful, so unbelievable!

Worth every single cent. You will adore it. And next year we can be Paraiba sisters :appl:

bricklayer

Rough_Rock
White halo, because that yellow diamond should be the showpiece. Do something else later with pinks :)

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
oranges said:
Oh. my. gosh. DO IT! get that cold fusion beauty just like you always wanted!!!! i vote for white stones---.

O M G I'M SO JEALOUS!! But, oh so happy for you! DO iT!! Like pirate fan I'm living vicarously thru you! I J u s t Might have to get one too!!! LOVE THE STONE!!

oh YAY :appl: :cheeky:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
The saga continues :roll:

So I just got off the phone with Leon (who is awesome and I love him) and unfortunately that stone will not work for the cold fusion. He wanted to do a very interesting thing with blue sapphire melee, but it's just not my style.

We made an appointment to talk tomorrow and I think I'm gonna reel this thing back in. Here's what I know: I LOVE the 3 stone Paraiba ring. So I'm gonna get that next year when he picks up more tourmalines. And I'm getting it with a Rose cut white center. It's the combo I really want and I'm not gonna go nuts trying to make a square peg go into a round hole dreaming up another combo. We talked about it, it's possible, and affordable.

I'm gonna use the .60 greenish yellow oval for a necklace... a diamonds by the yard type thing I think and the little oval haloed and set E/W. I'll see what Leon says. I want it to be a relatively inexpensive project. So maybe just haloed and no DBY. Around 16". Just a sweet little necklace.

And then maybe I'll get a little Antique Calibre eternity band to go with my ering. Which would be perfect and I can be just super happy waiting for my next ring in the coming year. Slightly disappointing, but way way easier on the pocket book and probably ultimately better in just having what I want.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Good job! I'm proud of you, figuring out what you LOVE, then getting just that. Then waiting til you can plan something else that makes you go Crazy in Love again! I like the idea of the necklace, too! I don't thing dby might be so bad. Wait til he quotes it. Simple without the extra diamonds would be precious though! The halo will be heavenly -- after all it's a Leon. Ya know, 3 LMs in a year, hmmm Maybe I should start painting ! - LOL, but then again, maybe not. :loopy:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
saga update continued:

just got some emails from Leon with his ideas for the ring with the .90 and now I get what he was saying. His idea for a halo took my breath away and is unlike anything he has on his site.

So now it's also a question of the setting style underneath the halo and what kind of heart attack price-wise this is.

Stay tuned...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
maybe I should rename this thread:

As My Stomach Turns....

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
okokokokokokokokokokokokkok

I just had The. Best. Discussion. With. Leon.

I understand other people's experience with him and don't discount their experiences at all. And on top of that, I thank them for sharing everything they've been through good and not good.

But I might just need to have his baby.

More tomorrow.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Tomorrow!!!! Cmon, we want more! Much more! :errrr:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results