shape
carat
color
clarity

Missydebby Project Update

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap was browsing and saw a thread being summonsed for opinions haha!

First, I really dig that fat lil bird. Reminds me of the Mad Bluebird.

I dunno about the pink w/the oval...I like pink and green together, I just am not sure I'm feeling this particular pink w/the green. I think white would be nicer. Or maybe a different pink?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hey my lovely ladies! Just got off the phone with Leon and Perry.

Stay tuned...

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
I love your paintings!! :love: :love:

The pink with green diamonds not so much. The pink doesn't look pink next to the green in the photos, it looks whitish. Booo.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
On my computer, I'm seeing green with pink. Not picking up much yellow. Computers do what they please :???:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First - LOVE your pictures!

Is it self promotion to post your website - or what to google?

Second - don't love that combo :(sad ditto Dreamer, the pink doesn't look as 'powerful' as the green, and they both just take away from each other, but maybe if the pinks were more saturated so both colours match in 'intensity'? Pretty sure I'm using the wrong words.

Dreamer_D said:
I think the color combo will only work with really saturated pinks. Those are too soft in my opinion!

I agree.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color combo! I think it looks great. A smidge more saturated pink would be ideal, but that would probably be MUCH more expensive, and therefore not worth it.

Can't wait to see what happens!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
Thanks so much Oranges! As long as I keep selling them, I can turn away from the prostitution and drug selling to keep up my jewelry addiction... :naughty:

:lol: oh boy!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like I may be in the minority here... but I actually prefer softer pinks and really like the combination. More importantly, what do you think about it?

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the soft pinks with the green - once you add the white diamonds around them, they will all be highlighted. NICE!

bricklayer

Rough_Rock
bgray said:
personally i dont like the colors together. they fight eachother. i would do one or the other mixed with white.
I have to agree here, sorry. Not my cup of tea.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE BloOrp! He's so cute!!

I love the Leon ring but couldn't find it.

I'm not seeing green on my computer screen either but we've beat that issue to death. Not sure those pinks are quite da bomb. If you love it though... you are seeing original pics. You sometimes lose some of the oomph loading it up to ps.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the photos - your work is amazing! I can't see the colors well on my big monitor - infact, I thought they were white side stones until I read the following posts. Bigger pics would help. I'm still in love with your oval - how would a blue stone work (I see that color combination in your paintings....)? So exciting!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
UPDATE!!!!

So here's the email I just sent to Leon after seeing this ring posted in his "new" images:

r1227%20red%20diamond.jpg

Leon it's not fair. You're killing me.

I have questions regarding:

1. the beautiful tapering marquise
2. the three sided pave vs the one sided like in r1071
3. color,size, and number of pink diamonds

I'm looking very good in that I just secured a 4 painting commission last night and I want to spend my money on shiny objects. So we need to start getting into the nitty gritty pricewise and make up a work order. Can you let me know when a good time would be to call you?

Thanks, Deb

Girls, I gonna do this thang.

Did you see r1180? Is that more like what you were hoping for w/ your green stone? Would marquis diamonds work on the sides? and finally do you know the number of that ring you copied in?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
personally i think blue and yellow/golden/greens look really good together. colors you see in nature intertwined. like this: see pix

blueround.jpg

yellowoval.jpg

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Hey bgray, I like it!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
thanks vbnet. i love her oval, the color is so unique but the pink for me doesnt please my eye (like it matters not my ring but anyway!). i love blue/green, blue/gold. I even like blue and pink. but the pink with the greeny/gold ....as i said before they seem to compete with eachother.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that at least those pinks didn't do it for me. I was thinking another color might be safer and since white diamonds are always soo $$$, another color gem might help that out. Hey, but maybe she'll sell another 25 paintings in the next 3 months and will be able to buy whatever she wants! I hope so!

oh, yes, I forgot to say I love that oval too!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
good point --sparkling blue sapphires would be far less $$$

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
It could be the pic on our computer screens though, - Also I tend to lose picture quality when uploading to ps with the limits set on the pictures.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hi My Loves!

First things first: in regards to my website, I can't give the web address I'm guessing, per the rules of PS. But I think it'd be basically common knowledge that I have a FB page like 500 million other folk in our beautiful online world.

So I had another great convo with Leon and Perry yesterday. Let me try to give the details without rambling like an old lady on crack.

So when I got the photos, I was about to say Yes Yes Yes immediately. But I think I was caught in the moment. I'm glad I posted here to get some reactions, because at least it helped me to better assess and finally I realized the combo was really pretty but not getting me in the heart. I called Leon and said it just wasn't doing it 100% for me. We talked about many factors and it all came back to making a basically yellowish stone look more green, and I realized we were sorta jumping through hoops to do it. And I thought, if I'm contemplating like a 6 to 7k ring around an ok inexpensive oval, maybe I should rethink the whole thing and spend more on the center stone and get less of a setting. Also, Leon has on his other website just basically what I adore in a 3 stone...

paraiba%203%20stone.jpg

Unfortunately, it's too small and can't be resized, otherwise, I just would've got that a lied to my daughter about her birthstone color :naughty:

Anywho, I'm rethinking the whole project under Leon and Perry's guidance. They are both checking out some stuff today and are getting back to me about further options, so I'll let you know what comes up.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's one of my all time favorite settings too! I tried to do a yellow/white 3 stone similar but it's not working out, so they'll be set differently and that setting will go on the backburner until I can find the perfect stones. Looking forward to seeing the new ideas unfold!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is very wise. I'm sure that you three can come up with something else. Does it have to be a "birthstone" colored ring? A lot of people just use diamonds no matter what the color to represent children or family. Also, you could get that pretty pink ring that you posted pics of since you have a girl!!!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
So when I got the photos, I was about to say Yes Yes Yes immediately. But I think I was caught in the moment. I'm glad I posted here to get some reactions, because at least it helped me to better assess and finally I realized the combo was really pretty but not getting me in the heart. I called Leon and said it just wasn't doing it 100% for me. We talked about many factors and it all came back to making a basically yellowish stone look more green, and I realized we were sorta jumping through hoops to do it. And I thought, if I'm contemplating like a 6 to 7k ring around an ok inexpensive oval, maybe I should rethink the whole thing and spend more on the center stone and get less of a setting. Also, Leon has on his other website just basically what I adore in a 3 stone...

paraiba%203%20stone.jpg

Unfortunately, it's too small and can't be resized, otherwise, I just would've got that a lied to my daughter about her birthstone color :naughty:

I think you are making a good move here! Good Girl! You want to LUV it forever and hopefully like it enough where you don't feel like you settled. As far as lying about birthstones - lol - I was premature, born in Aug when I should've been born in Sept. I've chosen sapphire for my birthstone instead of peridot.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OK, while Perry is looking at some other stone possibilities for me, just wondering what you think of this combo:

The Super Helix:
superhelix.jpg

with tsavs either alternating with diamonds on the helix or alternating on the bands like this one:
string%20micropave%20w%20tsavs.jpg

I was thinking that having the tsavs alternate in the helix with seem all cool and DNA-y

Opinions?

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I like the 3 stone ring better. The super helix band is pretty but I find it simple compare to the 3 stone ring.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
OK, while Perry is looking at some other stone possibilities for me, just wondering what you think of this combo:

The Super Helix:
superhelix.jpg

with tsavs either alternating with diamonds on the helix or alternating on the bands like this one:
string%20micropave%20w%20tsavs.jpg

I was thinking that having the tsavs alternate in the helix with seem all cool and DNA-y

Opinions?

It's a very pretty ring. But the other one, the one you fell in love with, the one you've been talking about, that's very, very special. If that's the one you really want, don't let a little planning glitch derail you. You'll find the right stones, and it's worth waiting for the right combo.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I like both! The orig. 3 stone and the helix with tsavs - COOL!

You have to ask yourself "What's my style?" before you can decide. And maybe you haven't decided yet, or aren't sure yet. That's ok too. There's nothing saying you have to make a decision before you are ready. I can feel you pushing yourself to make a decision - and I don't want you to feel pressured. HUGS.

It's a lot of $$, wait til you see something you LOVE.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
but if you like tsavs, whatabout the 3 stone with diamond center and tsavs on the sides? (besides cost - lol)

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the super helix with diamonds alone to be honest. I'm sure that there are other spectacular options and if you are open to tsavs.... that opens the door to more possibilities for a green center stone, right?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results