shape
carat
color
clarity

MellowYellow's odds and ends

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cabs. Go for small with good colour and translucency if you don't Like mega big ones. Smaller also means more affordable and you can go up on colour and translucency.

Allaboutjade did the cert for me the next day since they are known to Nanyang.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a last minute trip to sg mid next week. If you are flying out Monday i won't get to meet up with you! Otherwise I'd bring along my jade necklaces for you to try for size and colour.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a last minute trip to sg mid next week. If you are flying out Monday i won't get to meet up with you! Otherwise I'd bring along my jade necklaces for you to try for size and colour.

Omg I fly out Monday night. I soooo badly wish I coould see you!!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Did u ask Wriston for stuff from his vault? :twisted2:

Edit: I asked him to ask if you want to see loose stones hahah

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did u ask Wriston for stuff from his vault? :twisted2:

Haha I don't think I want to know!!!! I wasn't supposed to fall in love with a sapphire!

Roaming the underground again to try and get to lucky plaza! Fun times!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Did you see this at Asiatique? From their FB!

Capture+_2018-07-12-12-57-06.png

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hah this is the same setting as my blue rectangle sapphire ring. Is Wriston a Hongkonger?

Capture+_2018-07-12-13-00-44.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@icy_jade I just whatsapped the HK guys. Wriston is one of their buyers too. You could get your diamond jackets from/through him!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade I just whatsapped the HK guys. Wriston is one of their buyers too. You could get your diamond jackets from/through him!

Thanks! Yeah he did mention he sends his stuff to HK to set. Am thinking of going thru him for my new diamond...

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks! Yeah he did mention he sends his stuff to HK to set. Am thinking of going thru him for my new diamond...

You can ask the HK chaps direct for diamonds too. They mentioned to me before but I'm not into them :)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought it! He walked it to the lab. The boys loved it!

Don't think I'll see another pink like that again in a long time. At least not one that I can see in real life and love so much. My family got to see it too so that was a bonus.

I hope it checks out fine!!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How could your pink bandit not love it???

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Don't think I'll see another pink like that again in a long time. At least not one that I can see in real life and love so much. My family got to see it too so that was a bonus.

Ohhhhhh keep us posted ya? So excited for you. Can you call this the Singapore ring or something :lol:
Good momento for your holiday haha

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys it came back unheated of Sri Lankan origin :eek-2:

I am beyond thrilled obviously!!! Pink Bandit fell in love with it. Hehe I was outside the store trying to ask him if I should be a good wife and go for a pink tourmaline instead. That was my pink stone aim to save $$$.

Pink Bandit was like "hmm I'm not sure tourmaline will look like that colour. Just buy it and don't try to be cheap. "

Haha we were like 2 blocks from home when we got the call and I was like "hmm too far to walk back I'll come back tomorrow."

Pink Bandit was like "Nooo go pick up your unheated pink ring"

So he had to carry the 20kg 5yo all the way back to the hotel in the heat because I promised the 5yo I'd carry him home.

Poor Pink Bandit was in charge of our kid all morning, shelled out $3k plus for a pink ring he can't wear and then had to take on my child rearing shift!

I've got a free day tomorrow (don't care for the science centre) so now I'm thinking of what to do. Nooo more money so any point in going to Chinatown?

Maybe I just go look for cheap kitchenware or something?

@Burmesedaze and @icy_jade Asiatique had the loveliest pair of unheated pink sapphire earrings in a halo! Would have matched my ring perfectly. Alas no more money!

I'm trying to load the photos of the earrings for you @Burmesedaze but my phone isn't downloading the pics.

What a day!!!! What an adventure!!! More pics tomorrow!!!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can’t wait to see more pics of your new pink beauty, :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I really do recommend Le’Jade at Jurong Point... I got my carved links bracelet from them (located at Boon Lay MRT station/ short taxi from Science Centre)

They open at 11 am tho and best to call and check if you want to go down (or I can WhatsApp them for you...)

What else do you like to shop for?

IMM mall is good for discounted items but I’m not sure how cheap it is compared to Australia. Also very near Science Centre.

Sia Huat is fairly near All About Jade.

http://www.siahuat.com/contactus.aspx

https://www.capitaland.com/sg/malls/imm/en.html

https://www.jurongpoint.com.sg/store/462/lejade

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha yes they are better than any pics I can take!

Going to donate my $800 pink sapphire (like ring and stone!!!!) bought many moons ago to Lil Sis.

Oooh I'll look into that IMM place @icy_jade

Or I might just hit the local shops. I haven't been to a single department store yet other than the fruit section of Isetan!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! You girls are terrible! You've given me another place to shop in Lucky Plaza. Arghhhhh :lol::lol::lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! You girls are terrible! You've given me another place to shop in Lucky Plaza. Arghhhhh :lol::lol::lol:

Haha you are welcome. Where else to shop for CS in Sg anyone?

Btw threadjack but any rec for places to set stuff? Decent workmanship and pricing...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade my sms won't download pics! Any chance you can find the pink earring pics? They looked like lollies! So pink!

Boys want to know if there is anything good to eat around the science centre? Nothing that requires walking? 5yo is over walking.

Also is there a man made beach or did I make that up in my head? Any good?

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Haha you are welcome. Where else to shop for CS in Sg anyone?

Btw threadjack but any rec for places to set stuff? Decent workmanship and pricing...

I bought some CS at SIJE the previous year. Time to check it out again this month.

Singapore is expensive for setting. I haven't set or re-set anything since I stopped living in New Delhi. It was so reasonably priced there.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@DiaDiva Hmm but US is so much more expensive in comparison... argh still dunno what to do with my new diamond

I’m going to SIJE but not much budget after the diamond sigh

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade my sms won't download pics! Any chance you can find the pink earring pics? They looked like lollies! So pink!

Boys want to know if there is anything good to eat around the science centre? Nothing that requires walking? 5yo is over walking.

Also is there a man made beach or did I make that up in my head? Any good?

No I don’t have but I can ask Wriston...

We always eat at McD when we go Science Centre. Lol.

I love the fake beach at Hard Rock RWS but it’s only for guests. The other beaches so so only imo. You can try the tree top walks near mt faber area? But could be too tiring for 5 yo...

Last edited:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
@DiaDiva Hmm but US is so much more expensive in comparison... argh still dunno what to do with my new diamond

I’m going to SIJE but not much budget after the diamond sigh

@icy_jade, why don't you set the diamond in a classic Tiffany solitaire temp setting for now? I have used Sancy at Lucky Plaza previously and they're not too bad. You can pop in and have a look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results