shape
carat
color
clarity

MellowYellow's odds and ends

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade I love it so much I'm feeling so grateful to you!!!!!! Next time I'm back I'm heading out to your next favourite shop!!! Hehe if I don't buy something from Asiatique first :lol-2::P2:twisted2:

20180713_155329.jpg
20180713_160400.jpg
It's hot pink in natural light and then an ever so slightly peachier pink (no brown) in indoor light. It's perfect for me :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade I love it so much I'm feeling so grateful to you!!!!!! Next time I'm back I'm heading out to your next favourite shop!!! Hehe if I don't buy something from Asiatique first :lol-2::P2:twisted2:

20180713_155329.jpg
20180713_160400.jpg
It's hot pink in natural light and then an ever so slightly peachier pink (no brown) in indoor light. It's perfect for me :love:

Am glad you found something you love so much. You have been looking for hot pink for a while? I didn’t know it’s rare (I’m a CS noob)...

Actually u can just WhatsApp Wriston and ask for stuff next time - no need to wait till you come to Singapore again. I’m sure he can ship to you. And since you have seen his stuff you know what to expect.

What size do you wear anyway? I’m soooo envious you have store size finger. Mine always needs alteration sigh.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade I haven't been looking intensely for too long but I've kept an eye out for a while now. More like it's on the "definately need one, one day" list and since I've got so many greens I figured it was time to get a good pink. Pink Bandit is such a fan of pink plus it's one of my favourite colours after green and yellow!

I don't think that it's rare per say but I personally didn't want to have a $1000 plus stone mailed to me. I feel like you can never be sure of the exact shade and I wanted a true pink. The more affordable stuff is like 5mm or something!

That's why I was going to go for a biggerish tourmaline with the reasoning that it won't be so highly priced for a big stone.

ETA I can wear anything from 6 to 6.5. I'm lucky they all seem to fit but I like looser rings so usually if they are loose but still fit without flying off I don't bother resizing.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You asked me to keep mum on your lavender jadeite, mellow.

Haha that one I know you totally dissapprove of but I'm pretty sure it's A grade and it makes me so happy.

I'm pretending you don't hate that one :lol-2::P2:mrgreen2:

I didn't buy the RG earrings for $600!!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
What else do you have planned for the few remaining hours?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What else do you have planned for the few remaining hours?

Buffet was AWESOME!!!! Skipping dinner!!!! Stuffed to the brim!!!!! The Asian roast was AWESOME and I had 2 serves of what I think is the best hot n sour soup ever. Bargain to considering they don't charge for 5yo and 5yo eats as much as any adult.

So I spent the last hour picking out bug spray as the boys want to either go to Jacob Ballas or to look for mudskippers.

I've got spray and patches!

Hehe I've been a menace with my refusal to accept plastic bags. The poor vendors here are so nice but you can tell they think I'm strange when I start rummaging for my reusable bags.

I refused a bag to carry my cakes today (late night snack tonight) and the poor Chateraise lady was so stressed whether I was going to make it home with the box by itself!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Heading out to buffet in new necklace and vintage Alannah Hill from the old days.

20180714_121633.jpg

I looked at the jade necklace earlier and went ho hum another one, agreed with the Pink Bandit, then I saw this pic. It's beautiful!! It has a glowiness that really makes it pop. Tell the Pink Bandit that I said it's NOT insipid. :lickout:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at the jade necklace earlier and went ho hum another one, agreed with the Pink Bandit, then I saw this pic. It's beautiful!! It has a glowiness that really makes it pop. Tell the Pink Bandit that I said it's NOT insipid. :lickout:

Haha awww *huggles* you lovely person!

Everyone in my life is side eying or politely ignoring my necklace except the 5yo! Even my sister and best friend who are usually the most supportive people no matter what :lol:

I'm all like "I love this thing so I'm going to subject you all to pics of it and when I go out with you guys no matter what"

5yo loves it and keeps touching it but I think he's just into the coolness and the texture :D

Once I wore a dress that everyone side eyed and the 5yo was like "Mummy they all have bad taste. You are beautiful in it. You look just like one of the bananas in pyjamas"

These chaps. I'm usually a confident girl and wear anything I want but I abandoned the dress after that gem from the 5yo.

8585360-3x4-700x933.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You should have bought him a matching suit ;-)

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful way to start my morning...a belly laugh. OMG that's funny!
Edit: I can just see you in this!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Haha!! You really need to show us that dress...

Ok food wise if you haven’t planned you can try Relish at Cluny Court which is near botanic gardens. Western food and I think ok for kids.

Food for Thought is kids friendly but standard has dropped the last time I went and is quite far from the children’s garden (other end almost).

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink Bandit is packing up as we leave tomorrow.

So sad!

We went to the Mudlands today (saw many mudskippers) and didn't get a single mozzie bite! Not sure if it's the crazy chemical spray we bought or the citronella stick on patches. I love the idea of those patches! We bought some to bring back with us.

Stocked up on packs of kueh bahulu from Bengawan Solo. I'm going to miss all my kueh so much when I get home.

Question for Singaporean residents: Where do you buy your fruit and veg? Is it expensive? I've only been to the supermarket at Isetan and it seems really expensive to me, especially for the basics. Half a Chinese cabbage was $7! I pay $3 for a giant one at home.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Question for Singaporean residents: Where do you buy your fruit and veg? Is it expensive? I've only been to the supermarket at Isetan and it seems really expensive to me, especially for the basics. Half a Chinese cabbage was $7! I pay $3 for a giant one at home.

Hey come again soon, preferably when we have the jewelry fairs lol.

Wet market, NTUC, Giant, Cold Storage (which is also considered more expensive). Isetan is super expensive... like expat prices...

https://www.fairprice.com.sg/product/gold-beijing-cabbage-600g-13097800

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are sooooo coming back!!!! There are still water parks we haven't checked out yet! I've finally learnt to navigate all the underpasses!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had high tea at TWG after escaping the hard sell of the lady at the Tangs outdoor jewellery display. I was just peeking in!

Luckily the boys started texting me like crazy to find out where I was so I made a break for it.

Very unattractive jade cabs there!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just had high tea at TWG after escaping the hard sell of the lady at the Tangs outdoor jewellery display. I was just peeking in!

Luckily the boys started texting me like crazy to find out where I was so I made a break for it.

Very unattractive jade cabs there!

Oh I know that place. I went once as I really liked the IG but forever boycott ha. Did you spot any taitais at TWG?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I prefer Gryphon tea to TWG, although the former does not have a retail outlet/cafe. You can get them at supermarkets :)

The latter is tres overrated and has the majority of hotel market share in Singapore.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh I know that place. I went once as I really liked the IG but forever boycott ha. Did you spot any taitais at TWG?

Is that the shop with the high end stuff on display next to the ATM tellers? I've never checked in there.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is a taitai @icy_jade

Yes @Burmesedaze the display outside next to ATMs. Haha I think she smelled tourist on me hence the hard sell. Kudos to her for not dissing my pink sapphire though.

ETA: She tried to talk up a very dubiously coloured garnet saying it was very valuable. They do have the local lab report to go with their stuff though. It was just grossly overpriced.

Hideous jade cab for $6000ish!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had my last kueh salat and slice of bak kwa at the airport. So sad!

Gonna miss that kueh salat. It was my favourite overall I think!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go @icy_jade some pics from when I first got it.

20180117_154302.jpg

20180117_154314.jpg

And here are my jade earrings just for fun. Excuse the dry winter skin.

20180520_133623.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
9mm. $30.
Confident it's A type. 9mm

Capture+_2018-07-26-20-55-29.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg!!! Fruit jewelry!!!!! Hit me up next year a few months before fair time girls!

I've never been to Bangkok. Always wanted to go buy only made it to Phuket. Is the gem fair on at a similar time every year?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Look closely. Green isn't even :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results