shape
carat
color
clarity

MellowYellow's odds and ends

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Lol we've moved the chat to Facebook messenger. Daily updates!

I suspected as much. I will just have to wait until you all buy beautiful things and paste them here :cry2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
My feelings are hurt. :(2

Awww, no, Suzanne and Clumberlove and Prs, I do miss you. Just, I am shy and I don’t really see how I can post the junk I spout on PS.

:kiss2:xxxxx

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awww, no, Suzanne and Clumberlove and Prs, I do miss you. Just, I am shy and I don’t really see how I can post the junk I spout on PS.

Lol because we're ALL in different time zones it is really 24-7 non stop posting.

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock

I think that was part of what I enjoyed, I felt we were learning alongside you all! At one point I had convinced myself that I actually knew something about jade lol :lol-2:. I learned enough to actually give someone advice! Only very basic about what to look out for and what to be wary of. Maybe I will lure you back when I have enough money to buy some jade myself and I need someone to help me!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Chaik, you never spouted junk, your comments greatly accelerated all our learning curves, and you have an eagle eye second to none!

I know you thought you had made a silly mistake cleaning your jade, but it might make you feel better to know I couldn't resist the temptation to run all our jade thru our new Magnasonic ultrasonic cleaner!!!! :eek2::eek2::eek2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chaik, you never spouted junk, your comments greatly accelerated all our learning curves, and you have an eagle eye second to none!

I know you thought you had made a silly mistake cleaning your jade, but it might make you feel better to know I couldn't resist the temptation to run all our jade thru our new Magnasonic ultrasonic cleaner!!!! :eek2::eek2::eek2:

Ooh how did that work out?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

Haha, me too, I once thought of bleach.......:eek2::eek2::-o

Last edited:
Reactions: prs

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh how did that work out?
It worked out very well. We had been getting nowhere cleaning that filigree bracelet with a toothbrush, so I knew desperate measures were called for. I started small with a very inexpensive sterling silver ring, and when it came out fine I put in six 14K rings and they all came out fine too. Then I put in the bracelet, after the first 180 second cycle the water was black! The second cycle grey, the third cycle cloudy, and clean after the fourth cycle. The bracelet looks a whole lot better and the jade seems to be just fine. Maybe famous last words, but all the pieces were inexpensive, so I don't mind being the guinea pig.

PS. the magnasonic does a fantastic job, I'm a believer!

voce

Ideal_Rock

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
How pretty ! I love Jeff’s work he cut my green tourmaline as well . :mrgreen2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding these for all the CS gang as I posted in Show Me the Bling

Lotus Jade earrings.

61439946_603047783508950_974064326073647104_n.jpg

61073701_1141997616000846_5735571830421323776_n.jpg

Friend won them on Livestream for me and I had them set. Lil Sis wants a pair too. She looooves these dark shades. I told her to wait until I receive these and try them on for size.

Little project in the works for myself and Lil Sis

61311173_374852493142814_5111872811593367552_n.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Those are all so cute! You must finish the project and show us what you made! :geek2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are all so cute! You must finish the project and show us what you made! :geek2:

I cannot wait to show you guys! I'm as excited about that as I am wearing the finished product! All CS this time!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These two came in as well.

20190605_142005.jpg

I was going to get Lil Sis a candy green pendant but apparently fresh candy green is not her thing. She wanted the darker pendant instead and took off with it (I let her pick first).

It's very elegant and classy looking on her I must say.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl Many of his stones do not have great colour - there are few exceptions & I tend to agree that top color does not need the extra action of cut... (if only there were more cabochons in the world!) - hopefully a nice extra, not distracting & not priced beyond reasonable.

Sorry I moved you here so I wouldn't crash the OP's thread!

I had the cutest convo with my kid about this. He was looking through my rings and admiring all the faceted stones.

M: Isn't the jade your favourite darling? I feel like we've built your whole life on green so I'm surprised it's not your favourite.

K (looking very solemn): It's just a green pebble mummy. A very nice green pebble but a pebbleI've realised I like sparklies and not pebbles.

So in short he loves my yellow diamond and pink sapphire best. Would like to yank the pink sapphire out to make himself a man ring when he grows up.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl I'd be the last to protest a lad with a pink sapphire ring, not least because I have indeed met more than one who can pull them off (IMHO) - as long as I can get away with my kind of things just a bit beyond the pale in the opposite direction...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just adding this ring to this thread. Pink Bandit took one look at it and said "That's a gorgeous flower but you're not going any bigger than that right?"

I reckon a pretty jade heart would also be very nice :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

20190704_124457.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Just adding this ring to this thread. Pink Bandit took one look at it and said "That's a gorgeous flower but you're not going any bigger than that right?"

20190704_124457.jpg
It's pretty, but it looks heavy. How many grams? Have you already looked at jade hearts? Care to share?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty, but it looks heavy. How many grams? Have you already looked at jade hearts? Care to share?

The cert said 6.9 grams but I'm not sure if it's just the jade or the entire ring.

I actually find it really comfortable to wear since it's flat. It's not high enough to hit things.

I asked about one but didn't look into it too hard because I was on a flower frenzy. Speaking of flower frenzy these are my current projects:

Ring for lil sis
mmexport1561541796577.jpg

To match her earrings

mmexport1561356611344.jpg

2 more rings for me

mmexport1561802361556.jpg

mmexport1561802324538.jpg

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20190704_124457.jpg

I love the color! That pale juicy green! Oh jeez, I so want what you have, I'm so jealous of your lil sis! If you want a heart, get a heart!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results