shape
carat
color
clarity

MellowYellow's odds and ends

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6+ Carats of utter deliciousness! Your new ring is seriously stunning and that finger coverage!!! :love::cool2:
Love the setting and it's a great price for it imo. Feel free to post more pics. :dance:

Oh I will flood you guys with pics! I really like the tourmaline!!! It sparkles more than I expected!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The green in your photos is less intense than her photos. Which is more accurate? They are an ok size.

My dad sent me this photo. I've not seen them yet as they aren't shipped to me. I'm not sure how accurate the green is but I hope it's lighter than that!

IMG-20180519-WA0001-1.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze my photos are the more real colour. She sent me two videos where the colour was even less intense than my photos (Which are reasonably close to real life imo) and I was fine with the colour in the videos so I'm pretty happy!

I will say it's quite well made for the price! The diamonds are tiny but they look decent, everything looks fairly sturdy, the gold is not too thin. For $388 I am very happy! My only criticism is the jade does not have that wonderfully shiny, almost slippery polish my necklace had.

Your leaves look fabulous!!!! I am really digging those!!!!! I think the greens are pretty true to the cert colour! I find her cert colours pretty accurate!

I can't wait until you get yours and model them!!!!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze my photos are the more real colour. She sent me two videos where the colour was even less intense than my photos (Which are reasonably close to real life imo) and I was fine with the colour in the videos so I'm pretty happy!

I will say it's quite well made for the price! The diamonds are tiny but they look decent, everything looks fairly sturdy, the gold is not too thin. For $388 I am very happy! My only criticism is the jade does not have that wonderfully shiny, almost slippery polish my necklace had.

Your leaves look fabulous!!!! I am really digging those!!!!! I think the greens are pretty true to the cert colour! I find her cert colours pretty accurate!

I can't wait until you get yours and model them!!!!!!!

I prefer the lighter green in your photos as they go with the fun aspect of the design. Polish can depend on the jade (not all are able to take a good polish, dunno why) and the powder used.

Yes the price is decent!!

I have a friend in town and brought him to my jewellers yesterday. He got 2 jadeite necklaces for his mum from them. Let me get the pics from him to post.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo. I love your new earrings! So pretty and chique

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my dear lord. Those cakes!!! :love::love::love:
They are gorgeous! Edible works of art.

I'm jealous! My version of making a cake involves a box cake with store bought frosting slapped on. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze if you come to Sydney I'll bring you cake! Made this the other day with imported US cherries! We now get this cake twice a year instead of once a year! During US cherry season and Aussie cherry season.

20180622_185030.jpg

Omg we should collab on the first gem cafe together! Called Have your Cake and Gem!

The Sunday Brunch here at this 5* intl hotel is amazeballs. US48 NETT. Free flow of imported wines, champers, imported oysters, sashimi, foie gras, meats, ham incl jamon iberico, sweets, cakes and oh I get 15% off too!!! You can't find this quality at this price ANYWHERE else.

Beats the gems!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was deciding between Australia, NZ and Europe at the recent travel fair. Sorry to say...Europe won out :razz:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hehe the ladies encouraged me to start my own thread to keep things neat and tidy so here it is!

So I bought this tourmaline off JD and had him make me a ring in 14K Rose gold to keep costs down as low as possible! I am $25 over the $1250 limit so didn't make it into that thread!

But here is my new toy! It is booooootiful!!!!!!!! Jeff's cutting is superb and so is his jewellery making! I sent him a pic with very basic instructions and this is the result! I looooooove it so much!!!!!

In the sun

20180511_123547.jpg
Somehow I've missed this , it's amazing! WOW:kiss2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't remember when you said you would be in Singers in July, but if you happen to be there during the SIJE, no harm popping by for a look. Free entrance iirc but you need an ID to register.
Screenshot_20180628-231349_Facebook.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to book it during the Aussie school holidays!!!!! I miss it by 2 weeks *cries*

I'll be heckling you when I'm there! I have been saving to treat myself to rose gold earrings! Lol no idea why but my heart is set on rose gold earrings from Singapore lol!

One of the advantages of travelling with an older kid is they are more sane (flights with 18 month olds are a special kind of hell) but you are at the mercy of school holidays.

I booked a yum cha buffet at Cherry Garden! Lol I feel a bit stupid going to all you can eat yum cha (how much yum cha can one eat????) but I dunno why I felt like I had to try this!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I had to book it during the Aussie school holidays!!!!! I miss it by 2 weeks *cries*

I'll be heckling you when I'm there! I have been saving to treat myself to rose gold earrings! Lol no idea why but my heart is set on rose gold earrings from Singapore lol!

One of the advantages of travelling with an older kid is they are more sane (flights with 18 month olds are a special kind of hell) but you are at the mercy of school holidays.

I booked a yum cha buffet at Cherry Garden! Lol I feel a bit stupid going to all you can eat yum cha (how much yum cha can one eat????) but I dunno why I felt like I had to try this!

Mellowyellowgirl, it's a good buffet. I was there last month with my girlfriends and we stuffed ourselves.

Hope you chose the later time slot so they won't be chasing you out.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mellowyellowgirl, it's a good buffet. I was there last month with my girlfriends and we stuffed ourselves.

Hope you chose the later time slot so they won't be chasing you out.

oh bugger! Do they chase you out? We booked the first time slot as the kid tends to get hunry!

Should I change it?

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gahhh, those are gorgeous!!!

I've just gotten into work and haven't had my morning cuppa or breakfast yet...so I can't tell if I'm reacting to blings or cakes...but they are both quite yummy looking!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
oh bugger! Do they chase you out? We booked the first time slot as the kid tends to get hunry!

Should I change it?

Better not if the kid is going to get hungry....

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Are you having buffet breakfast? If you have a huge breakfast a later sitting could be better.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you having buffet breakfast? If you have a huge breakfast a later sitting could be better.

Hi!!!

I changed it to the second sitting!

Do you know any good bakeries that I can buy cakes from for dessert at night? My kid goes to bed at 8pm so Hubs and I like to chill with a slice of cake after he's in bed. We are walking distance to Ion Orchard so anything around that area would be awesome!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Burmesedaze

Anywhere for fruity cakes as well? We're staying for a few nights!

And maybe ice cream place for the kid?

There was a man with an ice cream cart thing years ago that sold sweet corn ice cream! Sounds so weird but it was soooooooo yummy!

oooh I also discovered calamansis in Singapore! They gave me one to squeeze on my bee hoon. I loved the smell so much I hunted down a tree in Australia!

The result:

Calamansi pie! Like key lime pie but with calamansis instead! Now I am pondering if I need the whipped cream or not.......

20180704_120438.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmm not a fruitcake myself :razz:
Streetside ice cream guys I think they are still around though it's a dying trade. Check out the supermarkets' frozen sections for sweet corn ice cream.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hi!!!

I changed it to the second sitting!

Do you know any good bakeries that I can buy cakes from for dessert at night? My kid goes to bed at 8pm so Hubs and I like to chill with a slice of cake after he's in bed. We are walking distance to Ion Orchard so anything around that area would be awesome!

Ha sure... I didn’t expand over the years on air so...

Awfully Chocolate is fine for choc cakes. Ion basement 4 and also they have quite a few outlets all over the island.

Also at level B4 there is:
Chateraise, a Japanese bakery. Just opposite Awfully Chocolate. Their strawberry shortcake and crispy chocolate cake are ok. (Note that I love desserts so my ok is probably excellent for most people but then I compare against Japanese dessert store standard so like every store falls flat)

Off topic but do pop by Daiso while you are there. Everything is $2 and so cheap... you can also look at the Japanese snacks when you are there.

Further down you have Lim Chee Guan. They sell sliced bak kwa which is a kind of marinated bbq pork jerky. I love it and my 2.5 yo and 4 yo loves snacking on them when mummy indulges... they do give samples so you can try before you buy.

Bengawan Solo for their famous pandan chiffon cake. You should try if you haven’t. This is a particular favorite for my Hong Kong colleagues and I typically need to buy a few boxes when I travel there. You can also get some love letters (yummy!) to try... as well as some of the local kuehs if you are adventurous...

Bake for cheese tarts. Can’t compare to the ones from Japan but still nice.

Royce sells chocolates but you may want to try their Nama series if you are into chocolates. I usually get the bitter nama (dark blue box) as I prefer dark chocolate but they have many flavors.

Also who doesn’t love bargains??
https://www.herworld.com/stuff-do/food/8-hotel-bakeries-visit-discounted-cakes-just-closing-time

Hilton is probably the nearest?

Also if you are near Ion, there is a store that sells various colored gems and the boss is really nice. Located at Lucky Plaza basement and is called Asiatique. If you do go there, enjoy eyeballing the huge sapphires and emeralds in some of the other stores there. :lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @icy_jade

I love various kuehs, especially the cassava ones which the boys are not into! So I rarely make them because it is too much for one person!

Quick question, what would you say the prices for jade are like in Singapore? Are they decent? I'm going to try and visit yokdeejadeite as her shop is near the Chinatown MRT.

OMG I haven't had bak kwa for years since the last time I visited!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Hehe so excited that I don't have to cook for a week even thought I love cooking!!!!!!! I just hope the kid likes it! We were never that brave with him! Kept going to various parts of Queensland for all our holidays :snore:

PS for those that remember my other thread I am going to Miniso to look for my panda with the standing legs!!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results