I also took some videos...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful rings!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. Went through videos & took stills from the videos...I hope this will suffice. I believe the vids are not in correct format...

IMG_6176.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6185.jpg

IMG_6187.jpg

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6190.jpg

IMG_6191.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! So insanely beautiful! Thanks for the pics :)

I think you can't post videos here because it protects you from being tracked down by unscrupulous people.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! So insanely beautiful! Thanks for the pics :)

I think you can't post videos here because it protects you from being tracked down by unscrupulous people.
Thank you...and that totally makes sense...it's just easier to show her true natural sparkle that way...lol! Photos just don't capture it...

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!!! It's so elegant and classy!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and setting!! Can't believe she's an SI2!!! Love the name and the sentiment behind it as well. Wear her in good health! :appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and setting!! Can't believe she's an SI2!!! Love the name and the sentiment behind it as well. Wear her in good health! :appl:
Thank you, ac117!!!
I have questioned her clarity grade for some time, now. Even the jeweler who sold her to my DH questioned it, and wondered if the gemologist made a mistake in his favor...lol! Apparently, the "Price was Right". ;-) Under 10x magnification, every jeweler, at the same establishment, who has examined her (3 total, now) have commented on how clear she is, and they gasp when I tell them she has an SI2 grade. I am very tempted to have her appraised...she's one hell of an eye clean SI2...lol! I believe her clarity is what I find so mesmerizing about her, and why she reminds me so much of Laurel Hill Lake, that October afternoon.
Her facets are perfect, and she sparkles like crazy! She's hypnotizing!
But...I'm biased...lol!! :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG.. Matthews I think your jewelry is lovely, the meaning to me is profound and to people like you and me, jewelry is not only beautiful, tantalizing, and bling but reaches deeper, I probably sound like an idiot but much of what I have (not a lot) means something special to me.. not just to wear but a symbol.. love your ring, love emerald cuts.. happiness abounds.. thank you for sharing!!

beautiful pieces

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG.. Matthews I think your jewelry is lovely, the meaning to me is profound and to people like you and me, jewelry is not only beautiful, tantalizing, and bling but reaches deeper, I probably sound like an idiot but much of what I have (not a lot) means something special to me.. not just to wear but a symbol.. love your ring, love emerald cuts.. happiness abounds.. thank you for sharing!!

beautiful pieces
Thank you, Tekate!!
Yes...absolutely!! Jewelry most definitely holds meaning to me! I'm very sentimental...and each piece has its own story. Every time I look at my hand, I remember...the lake, his proposal, the atmosphere, how handsome he looked & how good he smelled. The fact that he couldn't speak because he was choked up so bad, and fighting back tears. The day of our wedding, our vows, his face when I promised him forever...and the moment we literally tied the knot with the handfasting ribbons. Each moment he slid each ring in my hand, and the moments tied to them just flood back to me, every single time. I'm a huge fan of bling, and I LOVE diamonds...small & large. I'm totally in love with the beautiful rings he gave me, and I could never replace them. Now, add to them? YES!! That I can do...lol!!!
Thank you for your incredible words, Tekate...it's so wonderful that you understand my sentimental soul. Replacing these stones/rings would literally make me feel as though I was replacing him, and all of those memories...I just couldn't do it. I'm afraid, I'm stuck just adding to it, rather than pumping it up & upgrading...lol!!
I love everyone else's upgrades, and changes that they have made to their originals...and I have nothing but praise to those who do upgrade/trade...but I know my heart would break....

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I love your EC! The band is a great match too :) Lovely sentiments in your post too :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your EC! The band is a great match too :) Lovely sentiments in your post too :)
Thank you, westjenn!
You must tell me more about your EC search! Any luck?! You must go with your heart; each piece tells a story, and speaks to their chosen owner. I do hope something beautiful has spoken to you!!! :mrgreen:
CRM

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, westjenn!
You must tell me more about your EC search! Any luck?! You must go with your heart; each piece tells a story, and speaks to their chosen owner. I do hope something beautiful has spoken to you!!! :mrgreen:
CRM
I think I'm done searching (for now) I have a wonderful DBL bezel set EC solitare ( I don't think I've posted about it) that I just adore. I really coveted that ring on the DBL website and was lucky enough to get it 2nd hand (or 3rd hand idk :razz: ) on JBG.com. I have such a soft spot for ECs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, really gorgeous rings!!! :love::love::love: They look completely at home on your hand, truly beautiful!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm done searching (for now) I have a wonderful DBL bezel set EC solitare ( I don't think I've posted about it) that I just adore. I really coveted that ring on the DBL website and was lucky enough to get it 2nd hand (or 3rd hand idk :razz: ) on JBG.com. I have such a soft spot for ECs.
No you have not posted about it because I searched through your threads that you have posted and that is how I discovered that you were in search of an EC!!! Now, I'm dying!! Can you post the DBL Bezel EC in SMTB?!?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, really gorgeous rings!!! :love::love::love: They look completely at home on your hand, truly beautiful!
Thank you, Junebug!! You have a mighty fine collection! I appreciate your sweet compliments!! That means a lot!!! :mrgreen:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! Wear her in good health and happiness !!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uisce!!!! <3
"Vivian" is a beautiful name. Perhaps, you would like to use it to name your ring, when you decide on what your heart desires. After all, it suits your first love for beauty: your daughter. Perhaps, it will suit your second love. ;-)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm bumping this thread! I'm dying to know if anyone else has named, or needs help naming their diamonds!!
Post/share away!!! :mrgreen:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Good Morning, PSers!!!
After months of scrolling (and trolling), and drooling, and sharing, I finally decided to start my own thread to introduce my Engagement Ring (and my Wedding Band-after all, they ARE BFF's)!!
Recently, I posted a thread about how to "name" a diamond. After several hours of debate & discussion, I did some research & I came up with a name that suited my center ER diamond: Uisce
(Pronounced "Ish-ka" or "Oohsh-ka", depending on the dialect)
"Uisce" is Irish Gaelic for "Water".

Background Story:
My DH proposed to me, upon blended knee, on a bridge that overlooks a beautiful lake, in October. The water was clear & still, and it was a beautiful, sunny day. I couldn't have created a more picture perfect scene for a proposal, if I had tried.
When he opened the box, a gorgeous Emerald Cut Diamond stared back at me; clear and mesmerizing...just like the lake. She was absolutely stunning, and I had to close the box to concentrate on him, rather than the hypnotizing sparkler!
From that day on, I have always remembered that day, and how perfect the lake was; how clear & beautiful. Every day I look at my ring, I think how much she resembles the water, and it's mesmerizing qualities; smooth, clear & endless.
My DH & I share many heritages, but the one we chose to integrate into our wedding ceremony was our Celtic Heritage. Inscribed on the inside of our wedding bands (and written on the outside of our ceremonial programs) are the words "Buann gra' gach rud". Translated LITERALLY: "Love Wins Everything". Our slogan throughout our relationship has been "Love Conquers All". We face every obstacle & challenge head on, together, and that has only made us stronger & more united.
When carefully choosing a name for my beautiful, clear Emerald Cut, I decided to follow the Gaelic theme for her name: "Uisce"; "Water". Water is associated with so many other likenesses: fluidity, adaptability, and balance, which I believe defines who he & I are, as a couple. "Uisce" fits, perfectly.

Introduction:
Without further ado, I am completely ecstatic to formally introduce you to Uisce
IMG_6095.JPG

As you can imagine, choosing just ONE photo, or a "few" to share was painstakingly difficult, and I don't like photo clutter, so, I created a collage of SOME of my favorites of my beautiful Uisce.

Specifics:
Emerald Cut Diamond
1.07ct
G color
SI2 Clarity
VG Cut/VG Symmetry
6.90 x 4.74 x 3.28mm
L x W ratio: 1.45:1
No Fluorescence
(Her certificate does not give me specs on her table, girdle, culet, etc. If an ASET exists, my DH never kept it-he's not a jewelry person *GASP*! lol!)

She is Cut very well, and faces up quite large. Her table is long & slender & creates a very still water effect. The facets sparkle magnificently, and she loses very little to no light for an EC. She dims & brightens in all the right places; her flashes are intense, and blinding. She has beautiful reflective qualities, just like the lake; she is quite impressive for her size.
I can share more details about her setting, mounting, and BFF wedding band upon request; this thread was created just for her.

I should mention that my DH & I did shop together for ideas for my ER, but he was the one who ultimately decided what to purchase.
He was also very involved in the selection of my wedding band.
Considering he is not familiar with jewelry, I think he did an AMAZING job!
I LOVE everything about your engagement story, your collage, and your GORGEOUS rings! Congratulations... Those rings are so pretty and look fabulous on your hand! Hubby made an A1 choice :love::clap:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE everything about your engagement story, your collage, and your GORGEOUS rings! Congratulations... Those rings are so pretty and look fabulous on your hand! Hubby made an A1 choice :love::clap:
FeFeV,
Thank you so very much!! I couldn't agree more! I don't know how I'd live without either of them!! ;-)
I'm so very fortunate!! I must say you have quite lovely beauties, yourself!! Exquisite taste!!! :-o:mrgreen::love:
CRM

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
More fun in the sun, and collage photos with Uisce!!! :lol-2:

IMG_6611.JPG

IMG_6612.JPG

IMG_6613.JPG

IMG_6328.JPG

IMG_6375.JPG

IMG_6332.JPG
Mannn! Came here for a little pick-me-up and I can NEVER get tired of that magnificent fire and sparkle of your step cuts! How do you not just stand in a mirror all day looking at those rings?!! Thanks for the new collage :appl:
As my grandma would say: "She (your solitaire) is really showing out today!"

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
As for your money tree...we wish we had one, too...esp now that my DH married a high maintenance diamond queen, and we have kids going into college, soon! :$$): :$$): :$$): :$$):

5+ carats would be amazing!! If you find that money tree, pull off a couple seeds & send them to me!!! :lol:
"... high maintenance diamond queen" :lol-2::razz:
+1 girl!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results