shape
carat
color
clarity

Me before PS - and After!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
What a great post! Thanks pearaffair, for the review in pics and the positive sentiment.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe thanks everyone! Nothing like doing a retrospective to help oneself appreciate what we already have :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story and pics!! I love this thread.
Thanks for sharing

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your story and the development of your love of bling.
Pricescope is a wonderful place even if I really need a “12 step program” ha ha.
It’s a great place to learn and to share with like minded blingers :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t do a thread on Marilyn @pearaffair TBH at the time when I was thinking about it, I’m afraid I got the usual ‘only use a PS recommend vendor’ ‘CVB design’ etc., which wasn’t what I wanted.

I did, however, do lots of research, and ended up getting exactly what I wanted.

1.13 ct H VVS2 GIA cert Marquise EX Polish & Symmetry, 10.66 x 5.39 x 3.40
.99pts f/g VS1 melee in 11 or 12 gms platinum (can’t remember)

128A447E-891E-4A05-9703-CE31B4CA6064.jpeg

doobaokwei

Rough_Rock
What a stunning collection! Aren't we all the same way before vs after PS? lol

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're so sweet pearaffair. I congratulate you on finding the mothership. I hope you keep on enjoying your bling.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story and pics!! I love this thread.
Thanks for sharing

That means a lot coming from you - I looooove your collection!!

Love your story and the development of your love of bling.
Pricescope is a wonderful place even if I really need a “12 step program” ha ha.
It’s a great place to learn and to share with like minded blingers :kiss2:

Haha you know it!!!

I didn’t do a thread on Marilyn @pearaffair TBH at the time when I was thinking about it, I’m afraid I got the usual ‘only use a PS recommend vendor’ ‘CVB design’ etc., which wasn’t what I wanted.

I did, however, do lots of research, and ended up getting exactly what I wanted.

1.13 ct H VVS2 GIA cert Marquise EX Polish & Symmetry, 10.66 x 5.39 x 3.40
.99pts f/g VS1 melee in 11 or 12 gms platinum (can’t remember)

128A447E-891E-4A05-9703-CE31B4CA6064.jpeg

Oh I love it!! Thanks for posting!

What a stunning collection! Aren't we all the same way before vs after PS? lol

Hehehe Yes.

You're so sweet pearaffair. I congratulate you on finding the mothership. I hope you keep on enjoying your bling.

Aww thank you!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Mothership :lol-2::mrgreen2::lol-2:
Yes.

I came to PS with tiny diamonds, not counting my inherited rings, and things have gotten much much worse...I mean better.
It was a relief to find a place to talk about expensive jewelry that one buys because they have a bling-thing, NOT to prove anything to anybody. This is wonderful forum. Here, we are not misunderstood and ta da! We can brag all we want and everyone loves seeing us show off and supports us! :appl:
Thank you pearaffair for sharing your story. You have beautiful jewelry.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread Pearaffair!!! You are in like company here =)2. I adore your growing collection and that marquise! I distinctly remember a conversation I had with my husband some years back telling him in total earnest that my bling love was not a passing fling but a life long love affair that would never ever go away no matter how much he wished it would. And he needed to see it as love and appreciation of art and beauty rather than a frivolous past time. And now he really does!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful collection! :love: I think when you join PS you get one complimentary Angel and Devil. The Angel tells you "look- so pretty and shiny" and the Devil says "We need one of these." Lol

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Mothership :lol-2::mrgreen2::lol-2:
Yes.

I came to PS with tiny diamonds, not counting my inherited rings, and things have gotten much much worse...I mean better.
It was a relief to find a place to talk about expensive jewelry that one buys because they have a bling-thing, NOT to prove anything to anybody. This is wonderful forum. Here, we are not misunderstood and ta da! We can brag all we want and everyone loves seeing us show off and supports us! :appl:
Thank you pearaffair for sharing your story. You have beautiful jewelry.

Haha I can totally relate!!! Things have gotten much worse... I mean, better! LOL

And nobody in my real life "gets it". They go on trips all the time but consider my bling collection frivolous. I mean yay for experiences and travel but I'd rather build a life I don't want a vacation from (she said smuggly, haha oops) and to have some nice heirlooms in the making ;-)

Thank you for the compliments on my collection!!

Love this thread Pearaffair!!! You are in like company here =)2. I adore your growing collection and that marquise! I distinctly remember a conversation I had with my husband some years back telling him in total earnest that my bling love was not a passing fling but a life long love affair that would never ever go away no matter how much he wished it would. And he needed to see it as love and appreciation of art and beauty rather than a frivolous past time. And now he really does!

Oh you are so sweet! I think I bought some platinum off you once? Still loving it. Gah it's shocking the number of things I didn't photograph and add to this thread (yet)! I think I'm a bit in denial, thinking like maybe I don't have as much as I do....

Have you read "My love affair with jewelry"? https://www.amazon.ca/Elizabeth-Taylor-Love-Affair-Jewelry/dp/0743236645 Soooo good. And really epitomizes the feeling of jewellery love being a life-long affair! <3

Thank you!!!

Beautiful collection! :love: I think when you join PS you get one complimentary Angel and Devil. The Angel tells you "look- so pretty and shiny" and the Devil says "We need one of these." Lol

HAHAHAHA oh my gosh soooo true. Only in my case I'm the devil and my DH is the angel! I'm sitting there saying "Oh how lovely, I *neeeeeeed* it!" And he's over my shoulder going, "Hmmm don't you already have some lovely rings? Do you really need this one?" :lol-2: Good thing I've got a heart of gold lol.

The marquise is so lovely but I'm selling it. It's just not me to wear something so... noticeable. I covet and collect big bling but I find it hard to wear in my daily life. Such a waste! Oh well. I think on this journey we learn a lot about ourselves. Great to be able to explore among friends! Thanks, everyone!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok it's time to add to the story. This ring needed to have a major spotlight on it, so it took me some time to dig out the photos and get it all sorted. This ring is a holy grail ring for me. I love it more than 99% of my pieces!!! I give you: OSTE. Short for, "ostentatious". HA! Well, it's true. This ring has a very commanding presence!!!

Specs:

Diamonds are 1.05ctw, I/J color, VS2, SI1 clarity (GIA standards).
Measures 4.9 and 5.4mm in diameter.
Additional .12ctw I/J SI single cut diamonds on the shank.

Even though the stones are I/J - you would not believe how gosh darn white they are!!!!!

Am I the only one that feels like a ring is "meant to be" if it's already my ring size? Well, this one was calling for me. (Around size 5).

I found it by accident. And then was obsessed. Named by @Iloveshinythings, it was previously owned by @vintagelover229 . Both of these ladies are so super nice! Originally purchased from JbG, I knew it would be quality. And I will always feel a special bond with @vintagelover229 because she went through a "downgrade" journey (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-downgrade.224649/) that I always kind of had a sense would be on the horizon for me, (similar to what @tlfiore has talked about sometimes). The 2.22ct marquise is too big for my lifestyle, and I think a 1ct would be too big for my lifestyle, but two half carats feels JUST right. Wow.

Anyways, through luck and nice chats and so much kindness and generosity, Oste became mine. I will always have special thoughts about @iluvyshinythings because not only did she help me meet my budget (I am so, so grateful) but she also sent me some jewellery cleaning supplies as a gift. To be a recipient of such kindness is an amazing feeling. I can't even describe it. You read about the super-nice and generous things people do on PS but to be a part of it just astounds me. Again, when I was new to PS, I was full of self-recrimination for indulging in such a superficial passion! But over time I have seen that this is a place of art, science, beauty, and human connection! With a GTG on the horizon, I can only imagine my positive feelings towards PS and the community here will grow. I was a lurker for a long time so it feels special to be on the inside and part of it all. Wow I'm gushy, eh? Oh well. You guys rock! ;-)

And now, some pics and video! (Some of the pics and video are @iluvshinythings and @vintagelover22 , so I hope that's ok!! <3

bypass ring.jpg bypass 2.jpg bypass 3.jpg bypass4.jpg bypass5.jpg bypass6.jpg bypass7.jpg bypass8.jpg bypass9.jpg

Attachments

• Oste.jpg
    Oste.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now, (drumroll, please) on my hand: IMG_0481.JPG IMG_0482.JPG

I have always wanted a moi et toi. This is definitely a holy grail item for me. Wow. Just, delicious. Love love love. I am trying to pay it forward to giving deals on LT when I can. It can really brighten someone's day/week/month/year!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok it's time to add to the story. This ring needed to have a major spotlight on it, so it took me some time to dig out the photos and get it all sorted. This ring is a holy grail ring for me. I love it more than 99% of my pieces!!! I give you: OSTE. Short for, "ostentatious". HA! Well, it's true. This ring has a very commanding presence!!!

Specs:

Diamonds are 1.05ctw, I/J color, VS2, SI1 clarity (GIA standards).
Measures 4.9 and 5.4mm in diameter.
Additional .12ctw I/J SI single cut diamonds on the shank.

Even though the stones are I/J - you would not believe how gosh darn white they are!!!!!

Am I the only one that feels like a ring is "meant to be" if it's already my ring size? Well, this one was calling for me. (Around size 5).

I found it by accident. And then was obsessed. Named by @Iloveshinythings, it was previously owned by @vintagelover229 . Both of these ladies are so super nice! Originally purchased from JbG, I knew it would be quality. And I will always feel a special bond with @vintagelover229 because she went through a "downgrade" journey (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-downgrade.224649/) that I always kind of had a sense would be on the horizon for me, (similar to what @tlfiore has talked about sometimes). The 2.22ct marquise is too big for my lifestyle, and I think a 1ct would be too big for my lifestyle, but two half carats feels JUST right. Wow.

Anyways, through luck and nice chats and so much kindness and generosity, Oste became mine. I will always have special thoughts about @iluvyshinythings because not only did she help me meet my budget (I am so, so grateful) but she also sent me some jewellery cleaning supplies as a gift. To be a recipient of such kindness is an amazing feeling. I can't even describe it. You read about the super-nice and generous things people do on PS but to be a part of it just astounds me. Again, when I was new to PS, I was full of self-recrimination for indulging in such a superficial passion! But over time I have seen that this is a place of art, science, beauty, and human connection! With a GTG on the horizon, I can only imagine my positive feelings towards PS and the community here will grow. I was a lurker for a long time so it feels special to be on the inside and part of it all. Wow I'm gushy, eh? Oh well. You guys rock! ;-)

And now, some pics and video! (Some of the pics and video are @iluvshinythings and @vintagelover22 , so I hope that's ok!! <3

bypass ring.jpg bypass 2.jpg bypass 3.jpg bypass4.jpg bypass5.jpg bypass6.jpg bypass7.jpg bypass8.jpg bypass9.jpg

pearaffair, I love your collection. You post has really touched my heart and I thank you for all your kind words. It really was a pleasure to help you achieve your goal of having a moi et toi while I accomplished my goal of funding my new setting. I debated a long time about selling Oste and even felt slightly guilty since @vintagelover229 was so nice about selling her to me, but I'm so happy you LOVE her. It was also super fun when the box you sent from Sephora arrived containing that fabulous nail polish! I can't thank you enough for brightening my day like that and it was always pleasure to chat with you!!! (Actually, everyone I've chatted with through buying and selling on LT has been wonderful!) :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

We are sisters from another mister in so many ways. I'm one of the cheapest people alive and rarely spend money on anything but bling. My husband could tell you some stories about how I cut open containers to get out the last little bit (I can extend the life of a tube of toothpaste about three days that way), bargain shop for clothes on ebay and how I eat ramen noodles for lunch regularly and have for years. I'd rather have bling than anything in the world (except my friends and family of course). My obsession didn't really start until PS either. I liked wearing jewelry, but the jewelry I owned wasn't that spectacular and it didn't make my heart happy like my post-PS bling does.

I appreciate my PS friends so much. My spouse is the only person in my life that I feel like I can talk to about my bling obsession, but he's really only interested in making me happy - bless his great, big heart. So I'm very, very grateful to you @pearaffair and everyone else on PS for talking about your bling and, best of all, posting pictures!

I love your marquis and I hope another PSer buys her so I can continue to ogle her! If had any kind of savings at all she would be mine, but my savings account is so empty I hear an echo.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpg
pearaffair, I love your collection. You post has really touched my heart and I thank you for all your kind words. It really was a pleasure to help you achieve your goal of having a moi et toi while I accomplished my goal of funding my new setting. I debated a long time about selling Oste and even felt slightly guilty since @vintagelover229 was so nice about selling her to me, but I'm so happy you LOVE her. It was also super fun when the box you sent from Sephora arrived containing that fabulous nail polish! I can't thank you enough for brightening my day like that and it was always pleasure to chat with you!!! (Actually, everyone I've chatted with through buying and selling on LT has been wonderful!) :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

We are sisters from another mister in so many ways. I'm one of the cheapest people alive and rarely spend money on anything but bling. My husband could tell you some stories about how I cut open containers to get out the last little bit (I can extend the life of a tube of toothpaste about three days that way), bargain shop for clothes on ebay and how I eat ramen noodles for lunch regularly and have for years. I'd rather have bling than anything in the world (except my friends and family of course). My obsession didn't really start until PS either. I liked wearing jewelry, but the jewelry I owned wasn't that spectacular and it didn't make my heart happy like my post-PS bling does.

I appreciate my PS friends so much. My spouse is the only person in my life that I feel like I can talk to about my bling obsession, but he's really only interested in making me happy - bless his great, big heart. So I'm very, very grateful to you @pearaffair and everyone else on PS for talking about your bling and, best of all, posting pictures!

I love your marquis and I hope another PSer buys her so I can continue to ogle her! If had any kind of savings at all she would be mine, but my savings account is so empty I hear an echo.

Haha awww we totally are sisters from another mister!!!!! And isn’t ramen good with a few frozen veges thrown on top? ;-) lol. I’m also a huge fan of oatmeal! Lately, I’m eating it with peanut butter and raisins.

This year, my goal was to not buy any new clothes and it’s looking like I’m going to meet this goal! I can be unbelievably frugal!!! Except for when it comes to bling! :D

And I hear yah on Hazel and bank accounts. I borrowed money from my DH to buy her (he does not care about bling at ALL but I told him I could not pass this up!!). I feel kind of bad about owing him money, and would be ok with it if I wore hazel every day... but I’ve only worn her out of the house once and I felt weird the whole time. I think a 2ct ring doesn’t fit my ramen-noodle style hehe! Not saying it can’t be done, just saying it’s not me. At least now I know!

Above is a pic of the style I’ve been rocking this week. Pretty flashy, I know!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for sharing your story!:kiss2: I so enjoyed that and it made me smile. I said "wow she sounds just like me" so I can totally relate. I started out loving jewelry as a little girl. I would raid my grandmother's jewelry box and try on all the things inside every chance I got. She would always say "when you are a little older and can take care of things, I will give you this one and that one".. Of course she followed through when I was old enough to be careful and responsible with the jewelry. I love your collection over the years and it is such a fun thing to do. I mean everyone collects something right??

Also I cannot agree more about PS!:saint: I never knew that there was such a helpful and supportive group of jewelry people out there in the world until I found PS!! I am very grateful for all the support and advice that I have received here in the past year!=)2 I also agree with you about buying bling instead of taking lavish vacations and things like that. I would much rather spend money on something that I can actually put my hands on (or should I say put on my hands, :lol-2:LOL) than on something that is not tangible!!;)2

Your pieces are beautiful! :geek2:Thanks again for sharing them with us!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EADBE276-A8FA-45A1-86FC-24150E4D4BE3.jpeg
Thanks so much for sharing your story!:kiss2: I so enjoyed that and it made me smile. I said "wow she sounds just like me" so I can totally relate. I started out loving jewelry as a little girl. I would raid my grandmother's jewelry box and try on all the things inside every chance I got. She would always say "when you are a little older and can take care of things, I will give you this one and that one".. Of course she followed through when I was old enough to be careful and responsible with the jewelry. I love your collection over the years and it is such a fun thing to do. I mean everyone collects something right??

Also I cannot agree more about PS!:saint: I never knew that there was such a helpful and supportive group of jewelry people out there in the world until I found PS!! I am very grateful for all the support and advice that I have received here in the past year!=)2 I also agree with you about buying bling instead of taking lavish vacations and things like that. I would much rather spend money on something that I can actually put my hands on (or should I say put on my hands, :lol-2:LOL) than on something that is not tangible!!;)2

Your pieces are beautiful! :geek2:Thanks again for sharing them with us!

Omg we are sooooooo similar indeed!

Haha and so you inspired me to dig out my first pieces of jewellery. I will always treasure them for sentimental reasons! Definitely got them waaaaaaaay before PS. Could probably do a whole thread on “show me your very first piece of jewellery!”

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

Haha and so you inspired me to dig out my first pieces of jewellery. I will always treasure them for sentimental reasons! Definitely got them waaaaaaaay before PS. Could probably do a whole thread on “show me your very first piece of jewellery!”

:geek2:Wow, that is Amazing that you still have your first pieces of jewelry, I love them!:kiss2: So cute!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So cute! I'd love to see threads on "show me your childhood jewelry" and "show me the first piece of jewelry you bought for yourself" :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
so gorgeous!! amazing presence on your hand :love::love: sometimes i think my fiancé- and my wallet - wishes i never found pricescope :lol:

enjoy this beauty!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:geek2:Wow, that is Amazing that you still have your first pieces of jewelry, I love them!:kiss2: So cute!

Right? Shocking. Except I've always been obsessed with jewellery! I still remember the ring I had in elementary school. I was in gym class and they said "no jewellery" so I gave it to the substitute teacher to hold (what a goodie goodie I was) and at the end of the day I forgot to get it back from him! I still remember it vividly. It was costume jewellery but I loved it: an intricate heart with filigree cutouts and a small spherical rainbow orb in the centre!

So cute! I'd love to see threads on "show me your childhood jewelry" and "show me the first piece of jewelry you bought for yourself" :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
Oh that would be fun, wouldn't it?! I'll start it sometime (unless you beat me to it)...

so gorgeous!! amazing presence on your hand :love::love: sometimes i think my fiancé- and my wallet - wishes i never found pricescope :lol:

enjoy this beauty!

Haha oh yes. My first engagement ring was $125... and my most recent one was... $$$$$$$! :$$)::$$)::$$):

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Right? Shocking. Except I've always been obsessed with jewellery! I still remember the ring I had in elementary school. I was in gym class and they said "no jewellery" so I gave it to the substitute teacher to hold (what a goodie goodie I was) and at the end of the day I forgot to get it back from him! I still remember it vividly. It was costume jewellery but I loved it: an intricate heart with filigree cutouts and a small spherical rainbow orb in the centre!

:geek2:Oh boy, Your memory is way better than mine, lol!!:mrgreen2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Speaking as a recovering wine buying addict, and as a newly minted CS buying addict, all I can say is that @pearaffair you are a bad, bad lady!!! :shock:

Edit, you have pretty damned good taste too!!!!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love this thread! Your journey sounds so like mine. I think there are probably a bunch of gals here who were inspired to love bling as little girls...

Idid the same thing you did. My wedding ring was $131 and DH and I did responsible things like bought a house and put $ in our IRAs. PS has definitely stoked my bling genes. Never would I ever have contemplated buying loose stones before PS... now I have a collection of lovely little cushioned boxes waiting for inspiration! And a “real” engagement ring was always in the back of my mind but PS took a “normal” (read sheeple) idea of an e ring and turned it into a 3 carat ACC. I am now proudly in the “i only really spend $ on bling” crew!
Thanks so much for sharing your collection and progression. Now I feel less silly
:P2

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And nobody in my real life "gets it". They go on trips all the time but consider my bling collection frivolous. I mean yay for experiences and travel but I'd rather build a life I don't want a vacation from (she said smuggly, haha oops) and to have some nice heirlooms in the making ;-)

Ditto to this! The whole “experience not things” movement drives me crazy. We all have different things that make us happy.

Beautiful collection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results