shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for feedback on OMC GIA Report

AL12

Shiny_Rock
i've only inquired with her. she doesn't seem to own her stones or have them in her possession from what i could tell, so they get snapped up by other vendors as they are in the wholesaler's possession.

all i can say is - if you like it, move fast

her prices seem reasonable IMO

Oh hmmmm... that's tough if she doesn't have the stones in house and she has to compete with other vendors. Seems I could lose options especially as we're on opposite sides of the coast and there is a time difference. I'll take that into consideration!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Way over budget even at an early bird price and I would have to re-set to YG (or plate which is not my preference) but I don't mind the open culet on the center stone and I like that it's just almost a one and done. I'll save this and maybe start a conversation? It's definitely a good find for what I'm looking for!

Also should I be concerned that someone is "following" me on PS but never commented or reacted to any of these posts? Not going to name any names here. When you follow someone what kind of alerts do you get? Just worried that everyone here is going to be so helpful but I'm going to get something swiped from under my nose *looks around suspiciously* :D

Things do definitely get swiped, I think it's happened to me (it's not for sure of course, but it's a possibility)

Maybe provide an LT link w/ contact info? Up to you...

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Things do definitely get swiped, I think it's happened to me (it's not for sure of course, but it's a possibility)

Maybe provide an LT link w/ contact info? Up to you...

I know I saw that happen to you! :x2:x2:x2

I do have a LT account but it did this weird thing where it locked me out and I can't password re-set. I might need to go that route though...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
What about a pillowy OEC?

Amazing stone! Would def get videos for this one. It’s a bit spready, but might still be a good performer. Looks very similar to the K OMC I saw at Lang which was almost in OEC territory…

AL12

Shiny_Rock

Not opposed to pillowy OECs that look like OMCs! I sent them a message on their website (versus ebay).... so hard to tell just from that one photo! I'm so reliant on IG videos....How do you guys pluck these out? :D

Also Rita messaged me saying the H was available and she sent lots of videos and photos of the H. For a hot second I dreamed that I would maybe in my wildest dreams see and maybe own an H OMC but after I shared more details we both agreed it was not within budget for everything I needed. Also her quote for the setting was almost 2x more than what I was quoted by earlier vendor and I was surprised that her bench was so much more costly. When it comes to a numbers game I know that I should make each dollar count but I also feel like she displayed a level of customer service where I felt like she was genuinely trying to help me achieve my end goal + she has a payment plan. She seemed eager to help me source what I needed, whereas I didn't get that promise or enthusiasm elsewhere.

Anyway, just updating everyone and talking out loud. Now that the H is out of the picture, I'll keep you all posted on the K! Their return window is generous!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Not opposed to pillowy OECs that look like OMCs! I sent them a message on their website (versus ebay).... so hard to tell just from that one photo! I'm so reliant on IG videos....How do you guys pluck these out? :D

Also Rita messaged me saying the H was available and she sent lots of videos and photos of the H. For a hot second I dreamed that I would maybe in my wildest dreams see and maybe own an H OMC but after I shared more details we both agreed it was not within budget for everything I needed. Also her quote for the setting was almost 2x more than what I was quoted by earlier vendor and I was surprised that her bench was so much more costly. When it comes to a numbers game I know that I should make each dollar count but I also feel like she displayed a level of customer service where I felt like she was genuinely trying to help me achieve my end goal + she has a payment plan. She seemed eager to help me source what I needed, whereas I didn't get that promise or enthusiasm elsewhere.

Anyway, just updating everyone and talking out loud. Now that the H is out of the picture, I'll keep you all posted on the K! Their return window is generous!

You can always source stones from her and get a setting made elsewhere! Glad she was helpful

AL12

Shiny_Rock
You can always source stones from her and get a setting made elsewhere! Glad she was helpful

Any suggestions on an affordable bench that wouldn’t mind taking sourced stones? I feel like the benches that I commonly see discussed in PS are “higher end” and come at a premium?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Any suggestions on an affordable bench that wouldn’t mind taking sourced stones? I feel like the benches that I commonly see discussed in PS are “higher end” and come at a premium?

I think PSers vary wildly in regards to budgeting. Not every PSer goes to hand forged artists like leon mege, Victor Canera etc - who are on the high end

David klass is very reasonable but requires an eye for design - but since you know exactly the style you like, might be a good fit - I’d budget 1.5k for the setting give or take. Anything too much less and I’d be suspicious. Settings are simple expensive, especially as a stock setting for a 3 stone OMC ring is highly unlikely to ever fit

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I think PSers vary wildly in regards to budgeting. Not every PSer goes to hand forged artists like leon mege, Victor Canera etc - who are on the high end

David klass is very reasonable but requires an eye for design - but since you know exactly the style you like, might be a good fit - I’d budget 1.5k for the setting give or take. Anything too much less and I’d be suspicious. Settings are simple expensive, especially as a stock setting for a 3 stone OMC ring is highly unlikely to ever fit

Good to know that DK is reasonable since he is local to me. The quote from Rita was 1.5k-2k for the setting which means adams bench is VERY affordable. If her quote is pretty average then probably no reason to move the stones around :/

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Good to know that DK is reasonable since he is local to me. The quote from Rita was 1.5k-2k for the setting which means adams bench is VERY affordable. If her quote is pretty average then probably no reason to move the stones around :/

Yes, from what I’ve seen Adam’s bench is one of the most affordable benches. I would go with DK as well if he’s local. You can go in person to pick up the finished ring and let them know if you need something adjusted instead of having to mail the ring back. Also, he may be able to source side stones too once you get the center stone.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Yes, from what I’ve seen Adam’s bench is one of the most affordable benches. I would go with DK as well if he’s local. You can go in person to pick up the finished ring and let them know if you need something adjusted instead of having to mail the ring back. Also, he may be able to source side stones too once you get the center stone.

Great tips. Going local for the setting does make sense in the event I need to adjust anything. I was thinking to message his team anyway since I had them or DG in mind for my smaller project (which I might have to place on hold at the pace you all are finding me these OMCs!)

Also fun fact for you and I'm not sure if you knew, Alex said the lab Gisele is looking to be a D-E... still so curious to see if it will look anything like your original or if it'll look like all the other lab OMCs I've seen so far.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

I think her quote is reasonable for sure. Adam is super affordable and would not expect another bench to match it at all. It’s not a bench that’s going to blow your mind with really complex designs, but they do execute simple well IMO

dmack

Shiny_Rock
I think her quote is reasonable for sure. Adam is super affordable and would not expect another bench to match it at all. It’s not a bench that’s going to blow your mind with really complex designs, but they do execute simple well IMO

Does Adam work with outside stones? Curious for a project I am percolating… I love his crown aesthetic and bezel work.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Does Adam work with outside stones? Curious for a project I am percolating… I love his crown aesthetic and bezel work.

That I’m not sure!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It never hurts to ask. I bet some jewelers that is a fluid answer. It depends on the environment at the time.

I also believe Adam ( like many others) has multiple benches with different capabilities/strengths and price points.

AL12

Shiny_Rock

I was hoping to spend as little on the setting (and side stones!) as realistically possible since I consider the design I want to be on the simpler side?

I just emailed him since I would really prefer to spend less on the setting, so feel free to ask the same. I did mention that I would want him to source the side stones at least in the event that I find my center stone from another vendor. I'll update if I get an answer. Will email DK later today as well.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I was hoping to spend as little on the setting (and side stones!) as realistically possible since I consider the design I want to be on the simpler side?

I just emailed him since I would really prefer to spend less on the setting, so feel free to ask the same. I did mention that I would want him to source the side stones at least in the event that I find my center stone from another vendor. I'll update if I get an answer. Will email DK later today as well.

Really interested in the responses. Like you I want to put the bulk of my budget towards the centre. Might be trickier as I’m not in the US but all good information! Wishing you luck!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
1661832354441.png

thoughts on this one? the photos and videos are not blowing me away but wondering if it's worth taking a look at IRL. a little wary because I think some of the mess on the sides might be visible to the eye, but unclear if it was just visible with the loupe. haven't received a price on it yet btw!

I'm thinking to pass on the Ivy and Rose. I got a video and you guys are right, it is really pretty but the video did confirm that it's indeed more in the family of OEC, therefore rightfully labeled as such.

AL12

Shiny_Rock

@Agnasia I’m passing on this one, do you want to consider? If you have a LT account with your contact info I could even just forward you the video they sent me!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
@Agnasia I’m passing on this one, do you want to consider? If you have a LT account with your contact info I could even just forward you the video they sent me!

Ooh yes, I didn’t ask about this one as I knew you were interested. I don’t have a LT account though.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Ooh yes, I didn’t ask about this one as I knew you were interested. I don’t have a LT account though.

It’s all yours to inquire if you are interested :)

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
GIA K! You should reach out about this one. I think it’s got potential!

Last edited:

AL12

Shiny_Rock
GIA K! You should reach out about this one. I think it’s got potential!

Done. The dimensions are making me excited! Similar pricing to Rita’s H but larger and better clarity. Maybe I’ll eat my words and just get a bigger center for now like you all suggested and slowly build out my 3 stone… but thinking of spending $ twice on a setting is such a bummer!

Anyway not to get ahead of myself I’ll keep you updated on what happens. I’m also talking with Sako about a J (not posted but smaller and more affordable) and will see how that goes.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Done. The dimensions are making me excited! Similar pricing to Rita’s H but larger and better clarity. Maybe I’ll eat my words and just get a bigger center for now like you all suggested and slowly build out my 3 stone… but thinking of spending $ twice on a setting is such a bummer!

Anyway not to get ahead of myself I’ll keep you updated on what happens. I’m also talking with Sako about a J (not posted but smaller and more affordable) and will see how that goes.

Oh yay! Excited to hear about an update. I think it’s worth asking her for pics of her past 3 stones. You may be able to get everything done through her including the setting and she’s local to you!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Oh yay! Excited to hear about an update. I think it’s worth asking her for pics of her past 3 stones. You may be able to get everything done through her including the setting and she’s local to you!

I looked at the GIA report, it looks really really clean. Depth is 66.7% but tbh I don't know how much each % difference makes when it comes to OMC performance. But I feel like I keep getting tempted by higher and higher cost center stones o_O

Her last 3 OMCs (if that's what you meant) were way over budget for me?

Still waiting to hear back from Sako but the GIA report I posted a few posts back are of his J so definitely a bit "messier" option.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results