shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for feedback on OMC GIA Report

AL12

Shiny_Rock
How do you feel about elongated OMCs?

Not a fan of elongated unfortunately. My ideal shape would be look a squareish poof pillow so not such an angular square and not exactly a 1:1 ration but closer to square than rectangle :)

I think muluvers Giselle is the most elongated I would consider?

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My 2 OMCs are both disco balls and are constantly throwing out fire, this really has to do more with cut and faceting. I think the only difference is that the J throws out slightly smaller fire off of the table facet due to the tiny table (42%). They are both lively, playful and throws back tons of color. As for the color that I see with my eyes, I would say the J is more rainbow and less “romantic” if that makes sense? The J still throws out pastels but I would say the N throws out more romantic pastels. I think this DOES have to do with body tint unlike fire and liveliness. Something about mixing the rainbows with the warmer tint just creates this romantic tone of pastels that I really love!

I think you're really onto something there. I looked at an O-color early AVC prototype (when Yoram was still cutting them) and loved the "romantic pastels" it was throwing off (thank you for the term, I don't have vocabulary for what I was seeing at that time). I regrettably passed it by for a much smaller E-color AVC prototype. I thought I would like it more...but I now realize that I much preferred the warmer color. I totally agree that the whiter stone is somehow, well, not as "warm" in every sense of the word

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Not a fan of elongated unfortunately. My ideal shape would be look a squareish poof pillow so not such an angular square and not exactly a 1:1 ration but closer to square than rectangle :)

I think muluvers Giselle is the most elongated I would consider?

Ok bummer. I had a lead on an G color for you. But it’s definitely elongated.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Did you see this one posted today?
Hopefully I did this right it’s Jewels by Whitney on Instagram, 1.5 ct
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjGVtCZJoLp/

I haven't it yet since I'm taking a break from my OMC hunt but thanks for the tag! I really appreciate all these personal shoppers I have :D

I know my posts above were long and lengthy but from my last musing, I think I'll eventually look for a J or K with enough fluorescence to have it show mainly white :)

Lisa Murphy

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Cutting to the chase (some may have seen me here and there with my various OMC woes), I received a stunning stone and have several days to make a decision on it.

I know antique cuts are not about numbers so not too concerned about how all the numbers are reading, but would appreciate any feedback on the GIA report in regards to anything that might be alarming e.g location of cavities/chips/feathers (Will also circle back to this at the end).
1660875584484.png

Also would you say the dimensions of the stone are a bit "bottom heavy" for the ct weight or just about right?

I don't have too many concerns about light return and performance because to my eyes it's stunning, but if I'm missing anything I should be considering, here are a few pictures for eye candy and for review :) I know eye candy never hurt anyone. I know my final decision will just come down to me working though some personal preferences about warm color stones and overall dimensions of what I want my end product to be.

JPEG image 3.jpeg

JPEG image 5.jpeg

Semi spotlight in the kitchen
JPEG image 7.jpeg

picking up some of the darkness the wood
JPEG image 11.jpeg

obstructed sunlight
JPEG image 14.jpeg

bad quality zoomed photo next to my H, SI1. the color difference is there but because of the higher clarity, it truly does just seems so much clearer in real life. it's interesting that i don't love the tint in photos but in real life, it's beautiful (i know all the PS-ers who pushed me to look at warm antiques are patting themselves on the back right now :D) Also side note, I didn't notice all these dark spots on the diamonds on my halo until i started taking these photos, only noticed maybe 1-2 before. anyone know what that is? we went with a friend's recommendation for someone to make my setting years ago and now i'm probably seeing the results of it... so just bad diamonds or wear and tear??
JPEG image 9.jpeg

I don't think the vendor is a secret at this point from veteran PS-ers and from my previous posts so here is a link to the stone in motion:

Okay so now for my most serious question because I don't deal with loose stones. I was trying to take a picture of the cute puffy crown when I thought I felt my finger catch on the edge of the stone. Is that normal and does that correlate with the GIA report that does seem to show some chips? Should I be concerned? I did have a mini panic attack thinking maybe I had chipped the stone, but honestly there was no way as I had the stone for barely a few hours and was handling it like ticking bomb. I can try and share pictures but it's so hard to do with just my phone.

You are lucky to have found this! OMC are fragile though. Especially around the edges. Choose a setting carefully to protect it!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
You are lucky to have found this! OMC are fragile though. Especially around the edges. Choose a setting carefully to protect it!

Thank you, it was beautiful but I actually passed on it and still see it pinned on OWD's IG so it's still available for that lucky someone.

Yes I saw first hand how fragile the edges were... scary since my dream setting is not very protective, but I'll throw as many prongs on it as I can once I return to the project (on hiatus for now) :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

AL12

Shiny_Rock
This stone looks pretty!

And it’s gone! Do you remember how much it was listed at? BUT also definitely not pursuing this project at the moment so it’s all for the best :D

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
And it’s gone! Do you remember how much it was listed at? BUT also definitely not pursuing this project at the moment so it’s all for the best :D

Yes! It was prelist $7812. Her stuff isn’t the cheapest but cut is always good. It seems to move quickly-but not as quick as Sin City Finds.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results