shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for feedback on OMC GIA Report

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I frequent JbG a lot just for fun. I'll be honest I subtract several hundred in my mind from the list price for what I can attainably get as I consider her to be priced a slightly on the higher end. I don't have a clear calculation to my subtraction, but it's roughly based on what I've seen from comps. Either way what you're saying is also a huge reason I'm having trouble letting go without being sure. I think this M was priced well, fits into my budget (hopefully if OWD can deliver on the side stones and setting within budget) and the cut/faceting resonates with me.

What does everything think about this M from JbW? It's not available but in the event that I release this diamond but end up getting an M color or lower in the end, this post would give me hope that OMCs *are* out there within my budget and at a ct size/dimension that won't be too teeny tiny. It's a smaller face up but chubby and very cute... and looks like it has good potential to be white in various lighting based on the video.

Also what you're saying about keeping your F colored EC to satisfy your colorless itch really has me wondering if I would happy doing the same....best of both worlds if I don't have the budget for all in one?

Tbh I think the one you have is prettier. Clearer crisper facets

I bet this is itty bitty faceup size. And to me looks deep to fault and it’s messing with the table

Lots of mush - I personally think some amount of this is tolerable for OMCs but this won’t perform nearly as well as the one you have - you totally lose the pretty cross facet pattern

4BA4C03C-9F50-4EDE-89C3-B85BFF16695C.png
620CB92D-A729-4E65-B6E2-BC08AC65F309.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Just piggybacking on what @Cerulean was saying-the face up of the JBW stone is small-1mm smaller than the one you have in hand at 6.77 x 6.46 x 4.86 :geek:

Sorry for the bad image. I couldn't reduce the bandwidth on my iphone...

4738331C-E82F-41F1-9EF2-3FBF5B96801D.jpeg

Last edited:

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I made my husband wear the Diamond. We went upstairs, downstairs, in the bathroom and outside at dusk. In darkness in spotlight….. and I still feel so unsure o_Oo_Oo_O

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I made my husband wear the Diamond. We went upstairs, downstairs, in the bathroom and outside at dusk. In darkness in spotlight….. and I still feel so unsure o_Oo_Oo_O

It’s a beautiful diamond but the fact you’re still unsure….. You need to love it and it seems like the colour might be too low for you as you keep questioning it? How do you feel about it truthfully, in your gut? If, just as a scenario, you were told someone else had bought the diamond and you need to return it now - how would that make you feel? Don’t try to convince yourself, you’ll be wearing it, so you need to be happy.

mtriplee

Rough_Rock

Just curious if you're only feeling unsure about the color at this point, or if it's a combo of color and visual size. In other words, might you find yourself okay with the color if the size was a bit larger? (Assuming a cut as beautiful as the one you have, of course! ;)2)

AL12

Shiny_Rock
It’s a beautiful diamond but the fact you’re still unsure….. You need to love it and it seems like the colour might be too low for you as you keep questioning it? How do you feel about it truthfully, in your gut? If, just as a scenario, you were told someone else had bought the diamond and you need to return it now - how would that make you feel? Don’t try to convince yourself, you’ll be wearing it, so you need to be happy.

I think I know my decision after sleeping on it....just giving myself a few hours to be really sure about it!

The difficult thing is that I would feel very sad if I had to let it go, but I might also have some doubts if I keep it. But at the end of the day, there are far bigger problems in life so I am re-centering myself to kind of back away and look at the big picture for what it is :D

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Just curious if you're only feeling unsure about the color at this point, or if it's a combo of color and visual size. In other words, might you find yourself okay with the color if the size was a bit larger? (Assuming a cut as beautiful as the one you have, of course! ;)2)

I've come to terms with the size! Now I know that the OMCs I tend to like face up small. (Of course I would not complain if i were able to go bigger). It's really the color I'm very much stuck on.

And even if bigger, I am pretty sure it would be the color that I would still be unsure about!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
It’s a very pretty stone and has history which makes it even more special. I personally would set it in an antique-inspired bezel to protect the girdle, possibly hide some of the inclusions and round out the symmetry. Bezel sets always seem to make the diamond appear larger. 10 prong setting would also protect the bezel better than 6 or 8 prongs. I look forward to what you ultimately decide!

Last edited:

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I made my decision... still not sure if it was the right one. Sent my husband videos and pictures this morning for final thoughts and to say our goodbyes (I think he also fell in love with the diamond when wearing it around the house on his pinky :D). He said I need moral support from my friends, and I said I have an online community behind me that "gets it", so I'm good!

I did just message Adam to return the diamond. It really came down being unsure about the tint. I may be comparing all future diamonds in terms to cut and performance with this one but I'm so glad I saw it IRL and got to see it in action. The future owner is going to have quite a beautiful stone and I really hope it goes to someone 1) on PS! and 2) who loves it for its warmth.

Something I realized in the last 24 hours is that this diamond gave off a lot more pale yellow and yellows. Which is why I saw peach initially... I don't know if I saw much peach later on as I got to know the stone. I saw no brown and sometimes ever so often a hint of green? But I didn't see buttery yellow as some old cuts can be described as. Since I love gold, I think a buttery yellow would have appealed to me more, but the pale light yellow was nagging at me visually (truly this stone might have been your stone's little sister @Cerulean ???). Of course everyone perceives color on the spectrum a little different so that's just what MY eyes saw.

HUGE THANK YOU for everyone who walked me through this saga. As always I welcome links, recommendations, forwards of anything you see that might be a consideration for me!

Next steps for me would be look at some high color OMCs IRL but I think now that I know 1000% that I truly love OMCs, I might start a smaller more straightforward attainable project. I just don't think I'll be finding my center stone anytime soon due to my parameters and being very particular about the faceting and maybe doing a smaller project (i think under 1-1.5K) will scratch my itch for something new.

Also Adam said that there are already two other people interested in the M. If someone from PS gets this please, please post! I would love to enjoy the diamond from afar even though i'm not the owner and I would want to know your thoughts! (you will not be disappointed!)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AL12, I get what a tough call this was for you! You did the smart thing by living with the diamond for a while and giving it a lot of thought. I know it's bittersweet but there are other diamonds out there! I will keep my eyes open and if I come across anything I think you might be interested in I'll let you know. And yes, you have lots of moral support here - We really do get it!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
@AL12, I think you made the right decision for yourself! Color sensitivity is not something that one can get over and if the stone’s color bothers you now, it will only continue to bother you. We will definitely keep our eyes open for you with any suggestions!

Obviously it’s completely your decision to do a smaller project but since you now “know 1000% that [you] truly love OMCs“ I would actually think about putting the 1-1.5k that you would use for a smaller project towards the budget for your main project and the center stone. Especially now that you will most likely go with a higher colored center, your choices will be very much limited. I think putting the additional funds towards the center stone may open up more possibilities and stock for you. That’s just my personal thought.

Last edited:

AL12

Shiny_Rock
@AL12, I get what a tough call this was for you! You did the smart thing by living with the diamond for a while and giving it a lot of thought. I know it's bittersweet but there are other diamonds out there! I will keep my eyes open and if I come across anything I think you might be interested in I'll let you know. And yes, you have lots of moral support here - We really do get it!

Thank you! I love that I can explain in multiple paragraphs or in two sentences and almost everyone here just "gets it" =)2

AL12

Shiny_Rock
@AL12, I think you made the right decision for yourself! Color sensitivity is not something that one can get over and if the stone’s color bothers you now, it will only continue to bother you. We will definitely keep our eyes open for you with any suggestions!

Obviously it’s completely your decision to do a smaller project but since you now “know 1000% that [you] truly love OMCs“ I would actually think about putting the 1-1.5k that you would use for a smaller project towards the budget for your main project and the center stone. Especially now that you will most likely go with a higher colored center, your choices will be very much limited. I think putting the additional funds towards the center stone may open up more possibilities and stock for you. That’s just my personal thought.

#1 --you changed your profile picture! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

And yes, i'm so curious to see if I end up with an M or lower at the end of all this, but I do know I'm one major step closer to being able to make a more confident decision after being able to see this M in real life and with everyone's help.

I understand your advice and while it doesn't make practical sense to start another project since i'm being so strict with budget, the smaller project is something that will happen anyway at one point. It also has a very personal component as I'm using an existing stone that was given to me as a heirloom (MRB which is obviously not my shape of choice so this should be a much less stressful project i hope!).

I also think I am more comfortable spreading my money around versus having one singular item that costs a big chunk of money...it gives me a sense of pressure? Not sure if that's the right word. If I won the lotto though... would be another story :D

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
#1 --you changed your profile picture! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

And yes, i'm so curious to see if I end up with an M or lower at the end of all this, but I do know I'm one major step closer to being able to make a more confident decision after being able to see this M in real life and with everyone's help.

I understand your advice and while it doesn't make practical sense to start another project since i'm being so strict with budget, the smaller project is something that will happen anyway at one point. It also has a very personal component as I'm using an existing stone that was given to me as a heirloom (MRB which is obviously not my shape of choice so this should be a much less stressful project i hope!).

I also think I am more comfortable spreading my money around versus having one singular item that costs a big chunk of money...it gives me a sense of pressure? Not sure if that's the right word. If I won the lotto though... would be another story :D

Yes, I did! Lol

Well, I’m currently SWIMMING in projects right now so I totally get it lol If it is a project that would happen anyway at one point, then yes, go for it! It sounds like it will be a sentimental piece and now I am super curious as to your vision for the project. Originally it sounded like it was just a project to scratch the itch so I hope you were not offended by my suggestion.

I am super bummed I didn’t win the billion dollar lottery LOL

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I did! Lol

Well, I’m currently SWIMMING in projects right now so I totally get it lol If it is a project that would happen anyway at one point, then yes, go for it! It sounds like it will be a sentimental piece and now I am super curious as to your vision for the project. Originally it sounded like it was just a project to scratch the itch so I hope you were not offended by my suggestion.

I am super bummed I didn’t win the billion dollar lottery LOL

Oh not offended at all! Sorry if it seemed that way!

It won't be a very exciting project, I'm thinking a 5-7 stone band with rounds and it involves swapping some pieces around and using the MRB that I was given.

But I suppose it will enough to keep me entertained while I keep hunting for my unicorn OMC :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I didn't realize you could see yellow. From the side or the top?

Tbh, it would bother probably bother me me to see the yellow from the top, too. The warmer stones I have present as cream/ vanilla.

I know that you are focused on OMCs, but a PSer just bumped their preloved thread on a K color OEC three stone. Figured it wouldn't hurt to bring it to your attention...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I made my decision... still not sure if it was the right one. Sent my husband videos and pictures this morning for final thoughts and to say our goodbyes (I think he also fell in love with the diamond when wearing it around the house on his pinky :D). He said I need moral support from my friends, and I said I have an online community behind me that "gets it", so I'm good!

I did just message Adam to return the diamond. It really came down being unsure about the tint. I may be comparing all future diamonds in terms to cut and performance with this one but I'm so glad I saw it IRL and got to see it in action. The future owner is going to have quite a beautiful stone and I really hope it goes to someone 1) on PS! and 2) who loves it for its warmth.

Something I realized in the last 24 hours is that this diamond gave off a lot more pale yellow and yellows. Which is why I saw peach initially... I don't know if I saw much peach later on as I got to know the stone. I saw no brown and sometimes ever so often a hint of green? But I didn't see buttery yellow as some old cuts can be described as. Since I love gold, I think a buttery yellow would have appealed to me more, but the pale light yellow was nagging at me visually (truly this stone might have been your stone's little sister @Cerulean ???). Of course everyone perceives color on the spectrum a little different so that's just what MY eyes saw.

HUGE THANK YOU for everyone who walked me through this saga. As always I welcome links, recommendations, forwards of anything you see that might be a consideration for me!

Next steps for me would be look at some high color OMCs IRL but I think now that I know 1000% that I truly love OMCs, I might start a smaller more straightforward attainable project. I just don't think I'll be finding my center stone anytime soon due to my parameters and being very particular about the faceting and maybe doing a smaller project (i think under 1-1.5K) will scratch my itch for something new.

Also Adam said that there are already two other people interested in the M. If someone from PS gets this please, please post! I would love to enjoy the diamond from afar even though i'm not the owner and I would want to know your thoughts! (you will not be disappointed!)

I think you are making the right choice. And agree with @Muluver that if you don't love the tint now, that feeling won't go away.

You now know what flavor of OMC you enjoy, and I totally get what you mean by the faint yellow...that's why I enjoy the lower color stones. They are truly quite tinted, and so to speak...know what they are :lol:

I wanted to share this stone: https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChpB664IpcP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Picture perfect - I'd be curious to see the GIA chart, an I1 sounds scary, but you never know...

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I didn't realize you could see yellow. From the side or the top?

Tbh, it would bother probably bother me me to see the yellow from the top, too. The warmer stones I have present as cream/ vanilla.

I know that you are focused on OMCs, but a PSer just bumped their preloved thread on a K color OEC three stone. Figured it wouldn't hurt to bring it to your attention...

So I would say 40% of the time I would see white and when I would, it was absolutely perfect in my eyes. But a good 20% of the time I would see tinges of yellow but mainly covered by rainbow pastels. And another good 20% of the time I would see pure pale yellow. The tinges of yellow and pure pale yellow were apparent from the top and sides. I think if I saw white 85-90% of the time there might have been potential for me to swing the other way.

I did see that! Since OECs seem to be a bit easier to find, I've contemplated just going for an OEC. I love OECs actually and find their faceting very pretty and look at them for eye candy, but I can't be shaken from OMCs! I think because it's because a more square or pillowy cut just speaks to me! It's not surprising that I like OECs though since sometimes there's a very blurry line between the two.

Thanks for the link!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I think you are making the right choice. And agree with @Muluver that if you don't love the tint now, that feeling won't go away.

You now know what flavor of OMC you enjoy, and I totally get what you mean by the faint yellow...that's why I enjoy the lower color stones. They are truly quite tinted, and so to speak...know what they are :lol:

I wanted to share this stone: https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChpB664IpcP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Picture perfect - I'd be curious to see the GIA chart, an I1 sounds scary, but you never know...

My goodness, are you all going to find me my unicorn OMC sooner than I anticipated?! :lol: I couldn't 100% tell which specs were for which diamond but I did see some other higher colored OMCs that could have potential! Not many had the gorgeous faceting that OWD somehow always seems to discover, but I was willing to reach out and explore her inventory!

Thanks for the link! :)

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness, are you all going to find me my unicorn OMC sooner than I anticipated?! :lol: I couldn't 100% tell which specs were for which diamond but I did see some other higher colored OMCs that could have potential! Not many had the gorgeous faceting that OWD somehow always seems to discover, but I was willing to reach out and explore her inventory!

Thanks for the link! :)

@Cerulean was talking about the last one on the right labeled “picture perfect.” It’s a GIA H and she knows you prioritize color or clarity.
5ED7FE1E-C451-4516-AE68-CA009460B831.jpeg
8E5A3329-EA1B-44DF-9109-0AB9335E139E.jpeg 8E5A3329-EA1B-44DF-9109-0AB9335E139E.jpeg

AL12

Shiny_Rock
@Cerulean was talking about the last one on the right labeled “picture perfect.” It’s a GIA H and she knows you prioritize color or clarity.
5ED7FE1E-C451-4516-AE68-CA009460B831.jpeg
8E5A3329-EA1B-44DF-9109-0AB9335E139E.jpeg 8E5A3329-EA1B-44DF-9109-0AB9335E139E.jpeg

That's what I assumed. The price is a bit high for me and the center faceting looks to be flashing strongly off I did message to inquire because I saw another J on her site that intrigued me enough (was in 6K range not the really expensive one). I'll let you all know if it transpires to anything!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That's what I assumed. The price is a bit high for me and the center faceting looks to be flashing strongly off I did message to inquire because I saw another J on her site that intrigued me enough (was in 6K range not the really expensive one). I'll let you all know if it transpires to anything!

That might just be from the camera (darkness) - it might look quite different in other pics

Good luck though, fingers crossed on the J

AL12

Shiny_Rock
That might just be from the camera (darkness) - it might look quite different in other pics

Good luck though, fingers crossed on the J

The H is on hold and the J is sold. I asked her to let me know if the H becomes available :)

She was very friendly and did ask for more information to see if she could source something for me.

Anyone have experience with using her as a vendor and how affordable her bench might be? (Having the setting and the stones at one place is not mandatory for me but I think it might make things easier)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The H is on hold and the J is sold. I asked her to let me know if the H becomes available :)

She was very friendly and did ask for more information to see if she could source something for me.

Anyone have experience with using her as a vendor and how affordable her bench might be? (Having the setting and the stones at one place is not mandatory for me but I think it might make things easier)

i've only inquired with her. she doesn't seem to own her stones or have them in her possession from what i could tell, so they get snapped up by other vendors as they are in the wholesaler's possession.

all i can say is - if you like it, move fast

her prices seem reasonable IMO

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh this may check a lot of boxes. Obvious color difference b/w center and sides but it's terribly charming IMO

I'd ask about price...

Edit - Early bird price of $13,500...I know that's over budget, but I think it's a really reasonable price if specs are correct. Maybe she's flexible or would do a payment plan?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh this may check a lot of boxes. Obvious color difference b/w center and sides but it's terribly charming IMO

I'd ask about price...

Edit - Early bird price of $13,500...I know that's over budget, but I think it's a really reasonable price if specs are correct. Maybe she's flexible or would do a payment plan?

Way over budget even at an early bird price and I would have to re-set to YG (or plate which is not my preference) but I don't mind the open culet on the center stone and I like that it's just almost a one and done. I'll save this and maybe start a conversation? It's definitely a good find for what I'm looking for!

Also should I be concerned that someone is "following" me on PS but never commented or reacted to any of these posts? Not going to name any names here. When you follow someone what kind of alerts do you get? Just worried that everyone here is going to be so helpful but I'm going to get something swiped from under my nose *looks around suspiciously* :D

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Wowza-this is a deal-through probably not an actual antique…

Great price but I don't love the strong maltese cross and it's a bit too rectangular for my preference! :P2 you know by now I'm picky right? Help me at your own risk! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results