shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox Loose Stones up to 2ct Just Became Available

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
Mine arrived today, a day early. I am in the process of trying to take photos, but just the off-the-cuff impression is that this stone really has quite a bit of body color, definitely H - mine might be slightly closer to an I (that’s my opinion right now, “I”), but I am extremely color sensitive so I may just be responding to this stone being the most color I’ve ever personally purchased in a diamond. Before these arrived, ”H color” was my prediction for what we’d be offered with Lightbox at this larger carat size. (Previous stones were extremely colorless).

These are terrible photos, but show the body color the best to my eye, until I can take better ones. The cut is pretty spot-on to what tkysx posted, and I have no complaints there. I may have a stone slightly lower in color, or I may just be far more color sensitive than I realized.

With the coupon, I paid $720/ct, which is remarkable, and I hope the lab market adjusts to reflect similar pricing.

6894BC17-25E8-47CB-9450-BB5A9BBADC2F.jpeg 9E59FE8D-EFEE-4F52-A59A-65D26AE29CDB.jpeg

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Mine arrived today, a day early. I am in the process of trying to take photos, but just the off-the-cuff impression is that this stone really has quite a bit of body color, definitely H - mine might be slightly closer to an I (that’s my opinion right now, “I”), but I am extremely color sensitive so I may just be responding to this stone being the most color I’ve ever personally purchased in a diamond. Before these arrived, ”H color” was my prediction for what we’d be offered with Lightbox at this larger carat size. (Previous stones were extremely colorless).

These are terrible photos, but show the body color the best to my eye, until I can take better ones. The cut is pretty spot-on to what tkysx posted, and I have no complaints there. I may have a stone slightly lower in color, or I may just be far more color sensitive than I realized.

With the coupon, I paid $720/ct, which is remarkable, and I hope the lab market adjusts to reflect similar pricing.

6894BC17-25E8-47CB-9450-BB5A9BBADC2F.jpeg 9E59FE8D-EFEE-4F52-A59A-65D26AE29CDB.jpeg

Thanks for the pics! It's challenging to assess, esp with the shadowing from the packaging. Does it have to stay in the packaging to be able to return the stone?

If mine is visibly tinted I will probably return and go for a 2ct from Distinctive Gem when I've saved up a bit more in the bling fund.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I got mine this morning. My first impressions is that the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. It's sandwiched between two flimsy pieces of plastic and the bottom of the stone is poking through. There's no real way to evaluate it head-on. It really should come with one of those tension ring things (don't know the official name) that they have at jewelers, just so you can see it and look at it in different lights without having to touch it much. I'm too afraid to play with it, so I can really only see it from its side view right now.

Mine is pretty white. It's more white than the 1ct princess cut I bought on lightbox's launch. I've always suspected the princess of being an I, and so I'd guess the 2ct is a G.

I'm not a diamond expert, and I have no idea how good or bad the cut is. I couldn't even begin to evaluate that. It does seem less sparkly than my princess, but, again, it's on it's side. It also seems kind of dark in places... idk. In a way lightbox is made for dumdums like me, because I'm just kind of jazzed at the opportunity to own 2 carats.

I am glad I didn't get it as a necklace. I think it's too big as a pendant. Right now the plan is to put it in a ring. Now I just need to find a jeweler.

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
If mine is visibly tinted I will probably return

I’m going to play with it for a few days and compare it to my other stones, but I may do the same. I may have had bad luck by getting one of the warmer colored stones, so I will see what other people experience with theirs before considering returning/re-ordering to see if I can achieve a higher color. She’s definitely very warm, much more than I was anticipating given how white my other LB stones were. 7C41EB32-1193-4D31-BBFD-83C497B2A3E3.jpeg D5C5EFFD-8B00-4DC3-8E81-6481464BD4E4.jpeg D999C944-CFD6-48CB-BF0B-CE16FAB323A2.jpeg

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Mine have arrived!!! But I’m at work( school) and my teenage son is quarantine so he was able to sign for them. A day early!!! I’ll update with photos! May take them( I purchase two 2ctw rb for studs!) right to the jeweler. I’m sooo excited and pray they live up to my mind hype :love:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I’m going to play with it for a few days and compare it to my other stones, but I may do the same. I may have had bad luck by getting one of the warmer colored stones, so I will see what other people experience with theirs before considering returning/re-ordering to see if I can achieve a higher color. She’s definitely very warm, much more than I was anticipating given how white my other LB stones were. 7C41EB32-1193-4D31-BBFD-83C497B2A3E3.jpeg D5C5EFFD-8B00-4DC3-8E81-6481464BD4E4.jpeg D999C944-CFD6-48CB-BF0B-CE16FAB323A2.jpeg

I agree with your assessment- definite tint. Nothing terrible in the scale of things, but if you weren't looking for a warm stone it would be a pass. When more start showing up we will be able to see if they're all pretty tinted across the board! If so, it won't make sense to return and re-order.

I'm sorry though, it is disappointing given the standard color range with the prior jewelry!

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
if you weren't looking for a warm stone it would be a pass.

A G, even H at $1600 would be great. I personally would not normally buy an I/J typically for another diamond, because I prize color pretty high and set in platinum. I’m pretty disappointed, and I don’t think I can create the project I was envisioning because the other stones I planned to pair it with were F and G. Even if I could think of a nice warm, yellow gold design, will I be happy with an “I” if others end up striking lucky with a G? I’m looking forward to seeing the incoming reviews from others.

I suppose a solid F-G, VS for $700-800/ct was wishful thinking.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
A G, even H at $1600 would be great. I personally would not normally buy an I/J typically for another diamond, because I prize color pretty high and set in platinum. I’m pretty disappointed, and I don’t think I can create the project I was envisioning because the other stones I planned to pair it with were F and G. Even if I could think of a nice warm, yellow gold design, will I be happy with an “I” if others end up striking lucky with a G? I’m looking forward to seeing the incoming reviews from others.

I suppose a solid F-G, VS for $700-800/ct was wishful thinking.

Exactly- for what I want to make, I wouldn't want an I/J, even if it's a good price, because it's not just about size. Lightbox already means we sacrifice control over the cut... I think they may be reserving the more colorless stones for their premier line when it is released?

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
Exactly- for what I want to make, I wouldn't want an I/J, even if it's a good price, because it's not just about size. Lightbox already means we sacrifice control over the cut... I think they may be reserving the more colorless stones for their premier line when it is released?

I have a feeling I will be the one-off in terms of very low color, but this deflated my excitement over the stones. I‘ll be returning mine, and crossing my fingers for a re-stock, and that the other stones being shipped are of higher quality than mine. I can’t do body color this high, though it is a nice price point for people who are looking for warmth and size. To the praise of Lightbox, this has been my only disappointing purchase from them. So it was probably my turn to draw the “yuck” straw.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting about the inconsistent color. I got the 2 cttw studs and they are super white.

MTD

Rough_Rock
Surprised!! Mine just arrived as well. Was expecting tomorrow but better early than late.;)2

As this is my first LGD I really have nothing to compare except my mined ones. At first glance I didn't really get the WOW factor because the stone was sandwiched between two cellophanes. LB could have done better. I will set it aside for now and play around with it in different light angles.

My plan was for a set of earrings. So far I'm not sold with the stones yet.

Below are photos of the (2) 1.5 cts I just received. Taken from my iPhone so not so great.

LB-1.jpg LB-2.PNG

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about out of the plastic?

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I have a feeling I will be the one-off in terms of very low color, but this deflated my excitement over the stones. I‘ll be returning mine, and crossing my fingers for a re-stock, and that the other stones being shipped are of higher quality than mine. I can’t do body color this high, though it is a nice price point for people who are looking for warmth and size. To the praise of Lightbox, this has been my only disappointing purchase from them. So it was probably my turn to draw the “yuck” straw.
Are you planning to post it on LT first? I know a few peopl from my circle who is interested. Heck I’m interested as well if you want to pass on the saving. But it’s up to you. :)

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I'm holding out for black friday sales. The suspense to see market competition on LG's everywhere will be so exciting.

Off topic (sorry).
The Asscher in your profile pic is gorgeous. Can I ask if it's natural or lab?

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Here are my two 2ctw along with a .51 D pendant( needs cleaned). I’m thinking H-I as I would not say the colour is more crisp, but more warm. BUT I see no tint from the side, and they are SPARKLE bombs!!!! They are!!! So $2880 plus low basket four prong setting( although I’ve considered double claw) of less than 500?. You’re looking at a never trade up pair with a helluva price point! I’m sure I *could* eek to 5ctw( I’m tall and not small headed lol) but honestly, I think this is the sparkly deal of a lifetime.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
AND…. I must add that the packaging is AWFUL!!!! Maybe I’m dumb, but I could NOT open these things, and ended up on all fours on my bedroom area rug, because I wanted to be as low to the ground as possible, :confused2: as I was afraid when the container finally popped open, that I’d “ fling” the stones into infinity.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Just left the jeweler-girl says they measure 2.01 and 2.015( I think?) BUT said 7.5mm which = 1.67 ct in “ looks”. She’s a sales associate, not the jeweler, so I will wait to get a verbal appraisal from him tomorrow. I’m disappointed.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just left the jeweler-girl says they measure 2.01 and 2.015( I think?) BUT said 7.5mm which = 1.67 ct in “ looks”. She’s a sales associate, not the jeweler, so I will wait to get a verbal appraisal from him tomorrow. I’m disappointed.

Well that makes no sense to me? how can they measure 2.01 carats if they're less than the required 2 carat mm? good call on waiting on the verbal. I'm sure LB will make it right. Still they are gorg!

7.5mm1.67
7.75mm1.75
8mm2.04

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that makes no sense to me? how can they measure 2.01 carats if they're less than the required 2 carat mm? good call on waiting on the verbal. I'm sure LB will make it right. Still they are gorg!

7.5mm1.67
7.75mm1.75
8mm2.04

Could be cut deep. Sorry for the disappointment @pinklemonadegurl because 7.5mm is small for the weight for sure. Hoping you get better measurements and reassurance tomorrow. Living vicariously through you all so thank you!!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock

Looks like it’s a deep cut.
Hopefully it’s not like that all across the board.

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I can’t imagine them being that deep….. I’m just going to hope their calipers are not calibrated right.

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I’m just going to hope their calipers are not calibrated right.

I was so focused on color that I didn’t think about size. I’m going to pick up calipers from work and measure mine.

I checked the details on LB’s website, and they indicate their minimum/max weights, and minimum/max girdle sizes (ranging from 7.8 - 8.2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results