shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox Loose Stones up to 2ct Just Became Available

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gosh I forgot to use my discount code. BA10, they still have the diamond in stock. Wondering if I should buy another with the discount and return the other…

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am back. I had SOOO much fun.

Ok so my biggest concern was color and so we popped them upside down on the white color strip thing that is for looking at the color of the stones. I knew going in that they were both less tinted yellow than my GIA I that is a comparable size and faces up very white where I can only see it from the side.

The jeweler agreed with me that they were H in color or very close to an H. I didn't have an F there to sit it next to, but if you are ok with g/h you should be happy with the ones they are shipping. They are definitely not a DEF- or an IJ, IMO ... but I would guess they would come back as an H or maybe G depending on who is grading them.

Regarding size, They are both over 2 carats.
one was 2.09 and the other was 2.07
the MM was 8.19 and 8.17

No idealscope or aset was needed for me since I was more interested in discussing all the possible settings and I was happy with how the h&a looks visually in person and under the loupe. Frankly if I was looking for a ags000 cut I would have paid for a certified lab diamond that could guarantee it was a super ideal.

I am having one set in an old 80's style ring that I have had collecting dust for a very very long time.

The other is going to be custom made for me and set in - an ALL LIGHTBOX diamond ring. I am beyond excited to see how it turns out.
It will be a 5 stone ring set in platinum the center is the 2.09. The stones on the right and left are from a LB 2CTW set of earrings and the outer 2 are from a LB 1CTW pair that I never use. Since I never wear those particular studs, I will not miss them ( I never bothered to have those reset and they are currently in the original 10K settings they came in.)
I took some pictures of the 5 diamonds next to each other. I have VERY large hands and so all my rings have to be custom made anyway. I will post pics here in a minute.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Wow nice!

I am tempted to get one due to the low price... but my disappointment in their pink color offerings and bad experience with their refunds made me pause.

If they have pink in heart shape.. Maybe I will consider taking the risk again.

Please... Anyone who has gotten a pink or blue... post photos!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@tkyasx78 The diamonds look gorgeous, can't wait to see the rings when they are done! Did you find the color consistent across all your Lightbox diamonds?

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Wow nice!

I am tempted to get one due to the low price... but my disappointment in their pink color offerings and bad experience with their refunds made me pause.

If they have pink in heart shape.. Maybe I will consider taking the risk again.

Please... Anyone who has gotten a pink or blue... post photos!

Just curious, why the disappointment in the pinks?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

Some of the pink stones I saw posted were just not a nice color and it didn’t seem consistent across pieces. I have only ordered the white stones though so no personal experience.

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
I'm impressed that the 2 carat stones are 8.1-8.2mm. Historically I've found their stones are cut slightly deep, so that they're a bit smaller in terms of circumference. Maybe they've changed this. I'm excited for the 1.75 carat I have coming... but it doesn't come until Mon even though I purchased it yesterday. Ugh, doesn't seem fair!

Fingers crossed for 2 carat pinks to drop soon... would love a ridiculously blingy cocktail ring. Maybe with a white halo?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I am back. I had SOOO much fun.

Ok so my biggest concern was color and so we popped them upside down on the white color strip thing that is for looking at the color of the stones. I knew going in that they were both less tinted yellow than my GIA I that is a comparable size and faces up very white where I can only see it from the side.

The jeweler agreed with me that they were H in color or very close to an H. I didn't have an F there to sit it next to, but if you are ok with g/h you should be happy with the ones they are shipping. They are definitely not a DEF- or an IJ, IMO ... but I would guess they would come back as an H or maybe G depending on who is grading them.

Regarding size, They are both over 2 carats.
one was 2.09 and the other was 2.07
the MM was 8.19 and 8.17

No idealscope or aset was needed for me since I was more interested in discussing all the possible settings and I was happy with how the h&a looks visually in person and under the loupe. Frankly if I was looking for a ags000 cut I would have paid for a certified lab diamond that could guarantee it was a super ideal.

I am having one set in an old 80's style ring that I have had collecting dust for a very very long time.

The other is going to be custom made for me and set in - an ALL LIGHTBOX diamond ring. I am beyond excited to see how it turns out.
It will be a 5 stone ring set in platinum the center is the 2.09. The stones on the right and left are from a LB 2CTW set of earrings and the outer 2 are from a LB 1CTW pair that I never use. Since I never wear those particular studs, I will not miss them ( I never bothered to have those reset and they are currently in the original 10K settings they came in.)
I took some pictures of the 5 diamonds next to each other. I have VERY large hands and so all my rings have to be custom made anyway. I will post pics here in a minute.

Wow!!!!!!! These are going to look amazing. I would love to see the 80’s style ring that’s getting a new stone??? Thank you so much for sharing the weights and the measurements!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@tkyasx78 The diamonds look gorgeous, can't wait to see the rings when they are done! Did you find the color consistent across all your Lightbox diamonds?

I have in total 10 diamonds from them. From my limited sample that I own - these show the most color. Most are f/g in color. It is important to note that I haven't seen most of them loose yet ( most I didn't bother to get reset) . So the white gold they came set in may be why too. Part of it may be that I really wanted to see exactly how much color they had and part of it may be that with the larger stone it is much easier to see any tint at all.

Looking top down though I do not see any tint in any of the LB stones I have purchased- including the 2- 2 carats.

From the side though with the white back ground and with graded stones to compare to these bigger stones do show tint when compared with D. I am certainly thrilled to have them at the price that they are though.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!!!!! These are going to look amazing. I would love to see the 80’s style ring that’s getting a new stone??? Thank you so much for sharing the weights and the measurements!

I thought it was very nice of my jeweler to do the work for me and get me the information so I could share it with you all.

They sell lab diamonds there and he could have tried to talk down the LB diamonds and upsell his own but he didn't. He was fair in his assessments and it reminded me why I appreciate decent, fair,& accurate jewelers. There are so many businesses out there I wouldn't trust to tell me the truth on anything. Too many people try to make a fast buck and so few left willing to get paid a fair price for an honest days work.

I will start a new thread once my ring is ready and the other one is in production.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Omg thanks for the photos and review @tkyasx78! They're so pretty! Mine was shipped yesterday and it's only a few miles away but FedEx is going to keep it in their terminal and deliver it on Friday because that is when it's scheduled to be delivered :roll:
So what's the best way to contact DK? And does he know that a sizeable group of people will soon be asking him 1000s of questions?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
The color was very saturated (considered as fancy dark/deep pink?) and the cutting makes it dull..not very sparkly. So I used my IDEAL and ASET scope on the stone to find out why. Does anyone own a light pink LB?

(from my past postings in PS https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photos-of-lightbox-jewelry.243885/page-25#post-4921119 - copied and pasted it here)

photo_2021-02-14_09-54-52-9-jpg.813667

ASET scope for LIGHTBOX PINK - I am pretty sure this is a hummm...Fair or below Fair cut?

aset_scope.jpg

Ideal scope for for LIGHTBOX PINK - Not surprising that the LB pink looks pretty flat, lifeless and fake in real life. My hubby gave it 2 thumbs down on this one. Ugh!

ideal_scope.jpg

LIGHTBOX PINK dull lifeless photo in a hot afternoon indoor light. BTW the LB pink looks completely dark when there is not much light.
1634787006906.png
photo_2021-02-14_09-54-53.jpg

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@La2020
Ykes! That pink looks terrible! Stick with the white stones. Maybe they thought with a stone that saturated they figured that no one would see the cut well any way.
I thought their pinks were supposed to be a light pink tint not trying to be a light red color.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
@La2020
Ykes! That pink looks terrible! Stick with the white stones. Maybe they thought with a stone that saturated they figured that no one would see the cut well any way.
I thought their pinks were supposed to be a light pink tint not trying to be a light red color.

same here. I wondered does anyone own a light pink one? Or a light blue since I am wondering if the blue is so saturated too.

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
The
Some of PS' favorite vendors:

Is this link broken? Who was on the list?

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
same here. I wondered does anyone own a light pink one? Or a light blue since I am wondering if the blue is so saturated too.

I sold this a while ago, but I had a light pink one and it was gorgeous. The cut looked fine to me, and it was so bright and sparkly! These are the photos I could find quickly. I may have more.

F7A1B090-3067-4D81-88B7-D4D22779532C.jpeg 55FD1320-5B66-423F-AC9D-37BB25C4A75C.jpeg

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
holy crap that was fast

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@tkyasx78, Thanks so much for sharing your pictures! That will be a substantial and beautiful ring.

I am wondering about the packaging. Can you still return the diamond after opening the package to inspect it?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I sold this a while ago, but I had a light pink one and it was gorgeous. The cut looked fine to me, and it was so bright and sparkly! These are the photos I could find quickly. I may have more.

F7A1B090-3067-4D81-88B7-D4D22779532C.jpeg 55FD1320-5B66-423F-AC9D-37BB25C4A75C.jpeg

oh that pink is so pretty. Do u know who many carats is it?

i was so unlucky with my purchase last time! :(

Last edited:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I’ve got the pink in a halo pendant and the 0.5tcw studs, my pinks are not the same as the one you posted. It’s a shame the colour isn’t consistent. I was crossing my fingers that the colour was pretty as returns from Australia might be tricky, I’m happy with the shade of my pinks.
22B2E50E-2A2B-47D8-99E2-2BE0AB29AB96.jpeg 807268

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve got the pink in a halo pendant and the 0.5tcw studs, my pinks are not the same as the one you posted. It’s a shame the colour isn’t consistent. I was crossing my fingers that the colour was pretty as returns from Australia might be tricky, I’m happy with the shade of my pinks.
22B2E50E-2A2B-47D8-99E2-2BE0AB29AB96.jpeg ED05D5D2-8357-4648-944D-9CE1D63A0F9A.jpeg

Wow this is the shade of pink I am looking for!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
The

Is this link broken? Who was on the list?

NEW YORK
STEVEN KIRSCH
17 East 48th Street, Suite 702, New York NY 10017

LOS ANGELES
DAVID KLASS
607 S Hill St, Arcade 8, Los Angeles CA 90014

NEW YORK
SASHA PRIMAK
529 5th Avenue, 15th Floor, New York NY 10017

NEW YORK
PTAK BROTHERS
64 West 48th Street, Suite 802, New York, NY 10036

LOS ANGELES
VICTOR CANERA
631 South Olive Street, Suite 950 Los Angeles, CA 90014

SAN CLEMENTE
LUXE JEWELERS
638 Camino De Los Mares, Suite H130-514, San Clemente CA 92673

NEW YORK
LEON MEGÉ
151 West 46th Street, Suite 900, New York, NY 10036

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@La2020, I have a 1/2 carat pink LB diamond, this is a pic when I was trying to see how resetting in white metal would look. This one came from Bloomingdales.

I have seen one of the blue LB diamond necklaces in person, also 1/2 carat and it is a very subtle blue, IMO not at all artificial looking. Might be too subtle if you really want to see the blue though.

D414A2B0-54EF-49FE-B97B-05F3109AE2B4.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results