shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox Loose Stones up to 2ct Just Became Available

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just left the jeweler-girl says they measure 2.01 and 2.015( I think?) BUT said 7.5mm which = 1.67 ct in “ looks”. She’s a sales associate, not the jeweler, so I will wait to get a verbal appraisal from him tomorrow. I’m disappointed.

I am betting whomever measured did not measure accurately. Get a digital one and make sure you measure direct across the half way point. If someone measures it and isnt paying attention the measurements will not be accurate. I would find someone who knows what they are doing and have them measure again. i know i have mismeasured my stones before... it happens!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Well that makes no sense to me? how can they measure 2.01 carats if they're less than the required 2 carat mm? good call on waiting on the verbal. I'm sure LB will make it right. Still they are gorg!

7.5mm1.67
7.75mm1.75
8mm2.04

O
I am betting whomever measured did not measure accurately. Get a digital one and make sure you measure direct across the half way point. If someone measures it and isnt paying attention the measurements will not be accurate. I would find someone who knows what they are doing and have them measure again. i know i have mismeasured my stones before... it happens!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I was so disheartened. Again, she's a sales associate and I have no idea how much experience she has....fingers crossed. The owner will call me tomorrow. :)

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Dang, really seems like the luck of the draw. I'm nervous about my stone which doesn't arrive until Mon (ughh). But I'm definitely seeing some really beautiful stones so it might be worth returning one and buying again if it's not to my liking...

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Just a thought, but I wonder if those who use a discount code get a lower quality stone……

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Just a thought, but I wonder if those who use a discount code get a lower quality stone……

Was there any correlation between discount code and color?

seafarm

Shiny_Rock

Not sure without going through the thread again, but I did notice some are happy with colour/quality and others not, and I wondered if LB send lower quality stones to those who used a discount code. Possibly just colour sensitivity though.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I was wondering that too. I didnt use a code and my stones were g-h and 2.07 and 2.09 in size. We dont have enough of a sample size to really tell and i am sure some people who used a code will get big and white stones but that thought crossed my mind as I saw others getting their stones.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They had to have thousands of orders though. The stones are not graded. It would really be odd if they separated all the stones and took the time to see if someone used a code. I mean they had to have been churning out the orders at an insane fast rate. I doubt they had time to look for a code and examine the stones before mailing. It had to be luck of the draw.

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I did use a code, and so far seem to be the only real “victim” of a very warm stone. I’ll report back on measurements and weight tomorrow. My stone didn’t appear to be separated/labeled as warmer in any obvious way. It came in the same plastic container, and in a little fabric pouch, with a separate standard piece of folded paper/wax paper that I’ve had with other loose stones and that simply says “White 2ctw, Made in India” (interesting, I thought they were growing them at their factory here.

It seems more likely that when they say that a “near colorless stone is between G-J,” they really mean it this time, where before they really erred on very white stones (a G that was more closely an F, and very few below that). There are a lot of inconsistencies in their pink offerings, they may just be accepting some lower stones knowing they often go on sale, multiple sales, and end up on clearance at Bloomingdales and they really are testing a completely new market.

If they charged more for a guaranteed colorless stone, as long as it didn’t beat prices I can find elsewhere (Ouros, etc), I would happily buy from them. Given my history with them, I didn’t anticipate a stone so low in color.

If anyone decides to return a whiter stone, or has ideas for a warm stone in a 3-stone yellow gold setting, let me know. If I can find a replacement or order a new stone, I’d be happy to put mine on LT for one of our Canadian PSers.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did use a code, and so far seem to be the only real “victim” of a very warm stone. I’ll report back on measurements and weight tomorrow. My stone didn’t appear to be separated/labeled as warmer in any obvious way. It came in the same plastic container, and in a little fabric pouch, with a separate standard piece of folded paper/wax paper that I’ve had with other loose stones and that simply says “White 2ctw, Made in India” (interesting, I thought they were growing them at their factory here.

It seems more likely that when they say that a “near colorless stone is between G-J,” they really mean it this time, where before they really erred on very white stones (a G that was more closely an F, and very few below that). There are a lot of inconsistencies in their pink offerings, they may just be accepting some lower stones knowing they often go on sale, multiple sales, and end up on clearance at Bloomingdales and they really are testing a completely new market.

If they charged more for a guaranteed colorless stone, as long as it didn’t beat prices I can find elsewhere (Ouros, etc), I would happily buy from them. Given my history with them, I didn’t anticipate a stone so low in color.

If anyone decides to return a whiter stone, or has ideas for a warm stone in a 3-stone yellow gold setting, let me know. If I can find a replacement or order a new stone, I’d be happy to put mine on LT for one of our Canadian PSers.
I think you are right, I know my other stones were bought early on and they are all f/g or better in color. I am very color sensitive and so I was expecting the same when mine arrived. I was surprised to see any tint when I flipped them over. Mine also came in the same generic packaging and had no markings indicating size or color.

I suspect they will be releasing a 2 ct “finest” type stone at some point.

Frankly though I would not pay double minus 100$ for a 2 ct that was def in color when the 2 stones I have face up so well.

800 x 2 -100 = 1500 for a 1 carat so as not to bump into the 2 carat pricing.

I suspect they will price a “finest” 2 carat at roughly the same 2x price ( 3200$) and not just an additional 700. I’d be stunned if they release over a 2 ct in size at any time in the near future.

Even if they do a finest 2 ct, I will be doing earrings next and a 4 ctw pair with h color stones like what I received are going to be AMAZING at the 800$ per carat price point. I just hope they come back in stock asap! I wish I had ordered more than 2.

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I forgot to use a discount code and requested that it be used after they mailed out the diamond. I guess we will see. It’s coming in today. They sent me the $140 refund already as well. I’m not color sensitive at all, I’m just hoping for a good cut!

Not sure without going through the thread again, but I did notice some are happy with colour/quality and others not, and I wondered if LB send lower quality stones to those who used a discount code. Possibly just colour sensitivity though.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to use a discount code and requested that it be used after they mailed out the diamond. I guess we will see. It’s coming in today. They sent me the $140 refund already as well. I’m not color sensitive at all, I’m just hoping for a good cut!

That's really nice of them to honor the code after the order was placed!

MTD

Rough_Rock
The more I play with my 1.50 ct stones, I believe one has a slight tint of warm on it but not so sure. As someone mentioned here it's the "luck of the draw". I have not taken it out of the cellophane to really check because I do not know what the policy is for return, as I am planning on returning them because I think I want a bigger size. The chat portal is busy so can't get an answer. I should have ordered the 2cts but they are gone so might have to wait a bit.

I was also wondering if the Lighbox "finest" is the way to go since it guarantees color will be DEF and cut excellent. No second guessing, for a premium price of course. It's one and done!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
The more I play with my 1.50 ct stones, I believe one has a slight tint of warm on it but not so sure. As someone mentioned here it's the "luck of the draw". I have not taken it out of the cellophane to really check because I do not know what the policy is for return, as I am planning on returning them because I think I want a bigger size. The chat portal is busy so can't get an answer. I should have ordered the 2cts but they are gone so might have to wait a bit.

I was also wondering if the Lighbox "finest" is the way to go since it guarantees color will be DEF and cut excellent. No second guessing, for a premium price of course. It's one and done!

It would be so annoying if taking it out of the cellophane means it can't be returned! I was worried about that too, though! You can't really judge it well in that packaging and it needs to come out.

I agree it sounds like going for the "finest" will be the way to ensure that it's not a warm stone. So they will be making more $$ off many buyers. Understandable, but I agree that it is disappointing that the loose stones are not all the same parameters of the stones we had all ordered in the past. I have 2ct earrings, 1ct earrings and a 1ct pendant that were all non-tinted to my eye. I am color sensitive and can appreciate a warm stone but I always see the color (I have a K MRB for example that I love that looks buttery to me a lot of the time!). The loose stones just have not uniformly matched their previous, non "outlet" standards IMO.

Still waiting on my loose stone to be delivered...

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG IT CAME AND ITS BEAUTIFUL! It looks white and sparkly and I can see arrows! It measures around 7.7 (if I measured right) and looks really nice under magnification. I can’t see much tint at all, but I am not color sensitive, I’ve only really owned older cuts so I tend to gravitate towards JKL diamonds. Here are pics, I tried pretty hard to take them! Ask me if you have any other questions! This is the 1.75carat and they refunded me $140 when I emailed them about the promo code I didn’t apply. It was $1260 total and I think it’s 100% worth it.
4D5A138F-EEC9-4DD8-9ADE-D7577927D5D4.jpeg 3432D42F-FC2D-4A06-9A41-0B6C26AFB98E.jpeg 27F8104C-0605-42D6-B5B5-98FB16C8B500.jpeg A2B5A691-CADD-4063-A2D5-D3E46A5F19EF.jpeg C73277DF-A3CC-4A70-82C7-9C2D626B97EE.jpeg

Attachments

• E4B9C2B8-402E-4343-BF67-CEB3B92FAF18.jpeg
    E4B9C2B8-402E-4343-BF67-CEB3B92FAF18.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 771923D9-0309-4F0F-9A78-7E07B3BE2A60.jpeg
    771923D9-0309-4F0F-9A78-7E07B3BE2A60.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 17
  • 50CE33FB-D8B7-44C1-A864-9D94A0003EBA.jpeg
    50CE33FB-D8B7-44C1-A864-9D94A0003EBA.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
OMG OMG IT CAME AND ITS BEAUTIFUL! It looks white and sparkly and I can see arrows! It measures around 7.7 (if I measured right) and looks really nice under magnification. I can’t see much tint at all, but I am not color sensitive, I’ve only really owned older cuts so I tend to gravitate towards JKL diamonds. Here are pics, I tried pretty hard to take them! Ask me if you have any other questions! This is the 1.75carat and they refunded me $140 when I emailed them about the promo code I didn’t apply. It was $1260 total and I think it’s 100% worth it.
4D5A138F-EEC9-4DD8-9ADE-D7577927D5D4.jpeg 3432D42F-FC2D-4A06-9A41-0B6C26AFB98E.jpeg 27F8104C-0605-42D6-B5B5-98FB16C8B500.jpeg A2B5A691-CADD-4063-A2D5-D3E46A5F19EF.jpeg C73277DF-A3CC-4A70-82C7-9C2D626B97EE.jpeg

Beautiful!!!

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
OMG OMG IT CAME AND ITS BEAUTIFUL! It looks white and sparkly and I can see arrows! It measures around 7.7 (if I measured right) 3432D42F-FC2D-4A06-9A41-0B6C26AFB98E.jpeg

The body color looks great on this, just a touch of warmth, and a sparkly cut for the size. This is a good one. So interesting to see the difference! At 7.7, I may try to order a 1 3/4 ct stone, instead. This is very pretty.

The website is stopping me from ordering another stone and says I have already ordered a 1ct stone from them. Were you able to add two to the cart during original checkout? Or did talking to the chat work? Any ideas from anyone who got more than one?

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock

your pictures are so nice, thank you for posting!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The website is stopping me from ordering another stone and says I have already ordered a 1ct stone from them. Were you able to add two to the cart during original checkout? Or did talking to the chat work? Any ideas from anyone who got more than one?

I know I saw that someone was able to speak to chat about ordering another one. If they did not apply the promo code post purchase for me I was going to use my sisters email address and physical address to buy one with my card. I used PayPal for the first one so that would’ve worked.

Reactions: dvj

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
@prinsad wow yours is really pretty! Thank you for sharing the photos!
I just got mine too but I can't figure out how to get it out of the box :lol-2:

It looks white and sparkly. I have an F hearts on fire ering and i don't notice it being warmer than it. But again, i can't figure out how to open this box thing. I think i see skinny arrows. Maybe. Lol omg I feel like I'm not worthy to be on this forum :lol:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prinsad wow yours is really pretty! Thank you for sharing the photos!
I just got mine too but I can't figure out how to get it out of the box :lol-2:

It looks white and sparkly. I have an F hearts on fire ering and i don't notice it being warmer than it. But again, i can't figure out how to open this box thing. I think i see skinny arrows. Maybe. Lol omg I feel like I'm not worthy to be on this forum :lol:

The front has “push” on it

You press and pry it open there.

And don’t forget we want pics!

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock

OMG it is GORGEOUS. As someone who is waiting on a 1.75 carat I am so excited, thank you for posting!! Fingers crossed I get one as lovely as yours. Looks amazing and hardly tinted to me as well. Then again, I am not color sensitive at all, either. I actually love the look of a warm stone set in yellow or rose gold.

MTD

Rough_Rock
The body color looks great on this, just a touch of warmth, and a sparkly cut for the size. This is a good one. So interesting to see the difference! At 7.7, I may try to order a 1 3/4 ct stone, instead. This is very pretty.

Use the chat board and have someone order you another stone. I think they can override their system from their end only. That's how I was able to order two stones.
Also mention to them about the discount code and they will be more than happy to provide you with one. Good luck!

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I took my stone to the jeweler and it weighed 2.05 carat and is 8.16mm. He estimated it as a G or H and couldn't find any inclusions. He'd never seen a lab diamond before and was fascinated by it, lol.

It's getting set in a Stueller crown setting. Hopefully it'll be ready in a week or so!

sbc86

Rough_Rock
I received two 1ct finest LB diamonds today. They are certainly whiter than the non-finest and have more a crystalline/liquid look to them and better scintillation. Ofcourse my subjective opinion based on looking on a white sheet of paper and under spot light.

I had ordered them with the idea of returning since I already have 2cttw mined studs and I wanted to go bigger in LGD. If anybody would like to have them for the price I paid +shipping(your choice) please let me know, otherwise I will be contacting LB for return.

Price paid per diamond:

$1500*.9*1.09125(CA taxes)=$1473.20
Total $2946.38

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
It’s raining and our indoor lighting stinks! I’ll take better pictures tomorrow.

I can tell that there’s some body tint, but it looks pretty good with respect to color and clarity. Cut seems ok.

Pics are outdoor, indoor, and next to my F pear diamond. I feel like it looks whiter to the eye than it’s looking in photos, may be my phone?

844605EC-557A-40F8-902C-D08B37ADDCB7.jpeg A816FA31-4E22-402C-943C-AB3ACC559549.jpeg FC5A9264-9D59-4646-BD35-3186D1315728.jpeg 1289BAF6-1A53-4D3F-A017-FE7F2185F68F.jpeg

Attachments

• 58B789B0-1CE9-4284-8EB1-B67227C15480.jpeg
    58B789B0-1CE9-4284-8EB1-B67227C15480.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 38

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
It’s raining and our indoor lighting stinks! I’ll take better pictures tomorrow.

I can tell that there’s some body tint, but it looks pretty good with respect to color and clarity. 1289BAF6-1A53-4D3F-A017-FE7F2185F68F.jpeg

You definitely have a bit of body color as well, but luckily not nearly as evident as mine. It faces up nicely.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
You definitely have a bit of body color as well, but luckily not nearly as evident as mine. It faces up nicely.
The face up is pretty good, in thinking it’s in the I range, but I’m not an expert. I’m reserving judgement until I see it in more lighting conditions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results