shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gaaah!!! I know waiting is so hard! I think both will look awesome on you. BTW, can I just say how I love it when you take pics with potential purchase and you're dressed casual. It speaks for the pieces that they can be worn on a daily basis and yet look so elegant.

Thanks for the compliment @eh613c Casual clothes are the only clothes I own. o_O VCA is good at that. Casual elegance.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, did you have a holiday pendant in onyx?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, did you have a holiday pendant in onyx?
I did but returned it. It felt dark in me. Not sure if I regret it. Are you having any luck finding it on the secondary market?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did but returned it. It felt dark in me. Not sure if I regret it. Are you having any luck finding it on the secondary market?

Ah ok. No luck thus far. I was going to offer to buy it off you (thought you weren't wearing it). If you haven't thought about it, chances are that you haven't missed it and therefore no regret.:)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok ladies. I have a serious first world problem. First off, thank you for letting me post about it. I am addicted to VCA. Surprise right?
I’ve been on a bit of a VCA binge lately. I love my chalcedony bracelet and have no plans to return it. I love it so much that I want a 10 motif. But I just don’t see myself wearing a 10 motif much. I tried on a 10 motif and attached a 5 motif to it and it hangs at 24 inches which I do love, more than the length of the 20 motif. If I do that I can’t shorten my bracelet because it will look weird with the 10 motif. But here is the thing. A 10 motif is something I just want because it’s beautiful. I won’t wear it much meaning not more than five times a year, if that. And I’m a jewelry wearer. And in the long run that will bug me. So should I just cross a 10 motif off my list? And I don’t know if I would want a 20 for the price. Also I thought I could wear the bracelet without shortening it. I can’t. The dangle bugs me too much. I forsee maybe one more bracelet in my future. Hopefully it will be the blue agate in yellow gold which I can wear with the rose gold vintage bracelet. What do you guys think about these lengths?
E58F379F-A7C8-49F4-9E8B-73E3609D5007.jpeg
21CB0A12-3546-4D9A-B67B-C67E4AE93009.jpeg

So if I don’t get a 10 motif, should I instead focus on maybe a pair on vintage pave earrings? This is for next year. Those would be my one and only pair of fancy earrings.

And I recently just bought another piece on my wish list because the color was just right. But I’m not sure if I should just wait. My gut says I should get it because finding another one in this shade at a later date might be hard. But I’ve just been spending so much. I feel guilty about this piece.
E231B503-5A00-4E56-9219-30B84FF89F6C.jpeg

DA71F75A-2519-480F-9A38-038C4803052F.jpeg

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I am playing around with the idea of a Cartier piece to mix things up. I tried on a bunch of skinny loves but for the price, they just don’t seem worth it for me. I prefer the shiny 10 diamond but scratches will show. The pave which will not show scratches is $26K which is not worth it to me. I think I could get a WG skinny JUC when it becomes available.
Ok just to keep my wish list updated, I’m revising it again.
1. 10 or 20 piece chalcedony or onyx
2. Blue agate bracelet
3. Vintage pave earrings
4. Skinny WG JUC
5. Tiffany hoops

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmomm, I totally get the obsession! lol

I don't think you should get the 20 piece chalcedony, nor the 10 piece. If you're not going to wear either much, it seems such a huge waste of money. I too believe in getting as much out of your bling as possible.

My vote is to wait for a deeper-coloured agate bracelet.

I love that butterfly pendant too. It's adorable! Like you, I prefer the deeper-coloured turquoise.

Which Tiffany hoops are you thinking of?

And I like the skinny JUC, but on other people. I've thought long and hard about it. It wouldn't suit me, but I think it'd suit you - your style seems more edgy.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I have the butterfly pendant and love it, so I will enable again and suggest that you keep it:lol:
Which of the two in the pic did you end up choosing? Both have gorgeous color! When I got my necklace the SA actually showed me 3. Two were more "blueish", with different levels of intensity, similar to these earrings: https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...ambra/vcara44500-sweet-alhambra-earstuds.html
I ended up choosing one that with a bit more "greenish" because I think looked better against my Asian skin tone. But then I saw the pieces on their website and they were all "blueish", so I started second guessing my choice. May I ask, how do you select your turquoise pieces?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I just don’t see myself wearing a 10 motif much.

If you will wear it everywhere where this outfit goes, you will wear it down!

2c

[Disclaimer. I am grossly overdressed much of the time; jewelry - ever less... Unclear how this switch happened, in time...]

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At $26k, the VCA clover perlee is a far better buy and more significant piece than the thin pave Love.

I wouldn't buy the 10 motif necklace since you don't think you'd wear it. You definitely have to shorten the bracelet. So I'd just forget the 10 motif. Pendants, earrings, and bracelets just make more sense. I like the 20 motif a lot, but I really don't care to get into that price range.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 15 motif length on you, looks more “modern” somehow and in keeping with what (I imagine) is your style. Save for the pavé earrings, they would be amazing!

The butterfly is so cute, too, if you think you’ll wear it a lot, keep it. Why oh why don’t they do the turquoise with yellow gold?? That would be a dream buy for me.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom I think the ten motif length looks wonderful on you, nicer than the twenty motif. It seems like a pretty versatile piece that you could wear often, even with jeans and a tee as pictured, but if you expect to wear it only five times a year, then I agree with others that it wouldn't be a good buy. And you definitely want your bracelet to fit correctly. The pave earrings would be amazing.

The butterfly is so pretty and a relative bargain. Wear it happily. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmomm, I totally get the obsession! lol

I don't think you should get the 20 piece chalcedony, nor the 10 piece. If you're not going to wear either much, it seems such a huge waste of money. I too believe in getting as much out of your bling as possible.

My vote is to wait for a deeper-coloured agate bracelet.

I love that butterfly pendant too. It's adorable! Like you, I prefer the deeper-coloured turquoise.

Which Tiffany hoops are you thinking of?

And I like the skinny JUC, but on other people. I've thought long and hard about it. It wouldn't suit me, but I think it'd suit you - your style seems more edgy.
Hi @Phoenix thanks for your thoughts. I guess I will wait and see how the blue agate looks. I was tempted to just place a deposit and have them ship me one when they become available but I probably shouldn’t rush. I am sure there will be many pieces that I may fall in love with before I have a chance at the blue agate.
I wanted to add a pair of hoops because I have always wanted one. Finding the perfect pair is almost impossible.
68D5DF88-BE5D-44BE-A5BC-56EE8C6F34B5.jpeg
The JUC would be a fun piece and probably the last thing I would get. But these days, I’m kinda learning to let go and just get pieces that make me happy. My two sweet bracelets are pieces that make me smile every time I look at them. I would feel weird if I didn’t have them on.
Btw I am keeping an eye out for any LE onyx pendant for you. Hope you come across one soon.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I have the butterfly pendant and love it, so I will enable again and suggest that you keep it:lol:
Which of the two in the pic did you end up choosing? Both have gorgeous color! When I got my necklace the SA actually showed me 3. Two were more "blueish", with different levels of intensity, similar to these earrings: https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...ambra/vcara44500-sweet-alhambra-earstuds.html
I ended up choosing one that with a bit more "greenish" because I think looked better against my Asian skin tone. But then I saw the pieces on their website and they were all "blueish", so I started second guessing my choice. May I ask, how do you select your turquoise pieces?
In the pic with three, I chose the middle one. I checked with a couple people and they all chose the middle one as the brightest. It looks a little fluorescent to me. Are you wearing your butterfly all the time? It’s such as easy casual piece.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you will wear it everywhere where this outfit goes, you will wear it down!

2c

[Disclaimer. I am grossly overdressed much of the time; jewelry - ever less... Unclear how this switch happened, in time...]
Hi @AV_ Do you mean it works with the casual clothes?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At $26k, the VCA clover perlee is a far better buy and more significant piece than the thin pave Love.

I wouldn't buy the 10 motif necklace since you don't think you'd wear it. You definitely have to shorten the bracelet. So I'd just forget the 10 motif. Pendants, earrings, and bracelets just make more sense. I like the 20 motif a lot, but I really don't care to get into that price range.

DS, so you think nay to the 10 motif too? I didn’t know the price of the perlee with diamonds. Yes, reasonable compared to a pave love. Yeah. I just need to control myself and not make an impulse buy. I need to let the fever cool and then I will be able to think clearly. If I still want the 10 or 20 in a year I will reconsider. There are plenty of pieces that I could get in the meantime.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 15 motif length on you, looks more “modern” somehow and in keeping with what (I imagine) is your style. Save for the pavé earrings, they would be amazing!

The butterfly is so cute, too, if you think you’ll wear it a lot, keep it. Why oh why don’t they do the turquoise with yellow gold?? That would be a dream buy for me.
Hi @Snowdrop13 yes that is a great way to put it. I couldn’t explain why I preferred the 15 to the 20 but that explains it. I feel like I can get away with wearing the WG pave earrings with jeans. What do you guys think? Also, I think that as I get older I would feel more comfortable with wearing the pave earrings casually. Ok. I would wear the butterfly a lot. Could be a daily piece. Will strongly consider keeping it. Thanks for helping me think through it.
F39161EF-DC49-41D8-80A3-78EB55663911.jpeg
36198F6F-2D70-4629-A55D-03A8EB7F0209.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I think the ten motif length looks wonderful on you, nicer than the twenty motif. It seems like a pretty versatile piece that you could wear often, even with jeans and a tee as pictured, but if you expect to wear it only five times a year, then I agree with others that it wouldn't be a good buy. And you definitely want your bracelet to fit correctly. The pave earrings would be amazing.

The butterfly is so pretty and a relative bargain. Wear it happily. :)
Thank you @DorotheaBrooke the 10 motif is pretty. Really pretty. But I just don’t feel comfortable wearing regularly, casually. I guess that really answers my question. That is why I wouldn’t wear it often. I think when I feel comfortable with wearing it daily, then I will seriously consider the 10 motif.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I love the chalcedony bracelet on you, LLJsmom! Almost wish I got that years ago rather than MOP.
I like the look of the 10+5 better on you but if you don’t expect to wear the 10 often, I would focus on other pieces first.
I have the MOP in 5+10+10 and the LE alternating letterwood 10+10 but honestly, I find them too dressy and haven’t worn them in ages.
The turquoise butterfly OTOH is a must buy! I love the really blue ones. I wish I could do the Sweets but I don’t have tiny wrists like some of you do.
I am currently gravitating towards bangles more than bracelets because I hate fiddling with the clasp and find them a pain to put on. I’ve added the Perlee Clover in RG to my collection recently and love the bling but mainly how easy it is to put on and take off.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, those Tiffany hoops look very sweet on you. I have (unbranded) hoops too and find they go well with more casual clothing. Yes, definitely get the pave Alhambra earrings - they're very versatile and still very blingy. Just to share, I am still trying to decide whether to get those again or the Magic (which suit me better since I have very long hair. I just wish the Magic were not so much more expensive - hence the reason I still haven't pulled the trigger).

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me re the holiday onyx pendant.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the chalcedony bracelet on you, LLJsmom! Almost wish I got that years ago rather than MOP.
I like the look of the 10+5 better on you but if you don’t expect to wear the 10 often, I would focus on other pieces first.
I have the MOP in 5+10+10 and the LE alternating letterwood 10+10 but honestly, I find them too dressy and haven’t worn them in ages.
The turquoise butterfly OTOH is a must buy! I love the really blue ones. I wish I could do the Sweets but I don’t have tiny wrists like some of you do.
I am currently gravitating towards bangles more than bracelets because I hate fiddling with the clasp and find them a pain to put on. I’ve added the Perlee Clover in RG to my collection recently and love the bling but mainly how easy it is to put on and take off.

Don't you have the Perlee Clover in WG too? How do you like the RG compared to the WG?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Boom thank you so much for weighing in. Really. I appreciate you sharing your experience. And what resonates with me is the clasp issue. I am having trouble with my clasps so I can definitely see how a bangle with a snap would make it easy. So maybe I should rethink the perlee bangle. Thanks for the word of encouragement on the butterfly. I’m leaning more and more toward it every minute.
Will you share some pictures of your new clover in RG?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, those Tiffany hoops look very sweet on you. I have (unbranded) hoops too and find they go well with more casual clothing. Yes, definitely get the pave Alhambra earrings - they're very versatile and still very blingy. Just to share, I am still trying to decide whether to get those again or the Magic (which suit me better since I have very long hair. I just wish the Magic were not so much more expensive - hence the reason I still haven't pulled the trigger).

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me re the holiday onyx pendant.
You’ve been debating this for a while right? I think Magic is what you want. I think it will look spectacular on you with your gorgeous black hair. I am starting to see the value of the pave vintage earrings. I think that will have to go on my list in place of the 10 motif, or 20.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ve been debating this for a while right? I think Magic is what you want. I think it will look spectacular on you with your gorgeous black hair. I am starting to see the value of the pave vintage earrings. I think that will have to go on my list in place of the 10 motif, or 20.

Yes!! I've been suffering from analysis paralysis lately, partly bc I made so many stupid impulsive mistakes before and am afraid of making another one. And I still can't decide if I want the WG or the YG ones.

Also, I'm "plotting", haha, to get my dream Rolex watch (a Pearlmaster 39 - but I want a white or silver dial instead of the pearl dial. They don't have one here, so would have to order it in, and the waiting time is 3-6 months). The earrings would therefore need to be second chair for now.

I agree that you will get more wear / value out of the pave vintage earrings. The 10-20 motif necklace can wait til later. You can always get it if you feel 100% certain later, after you've had a chance to think about it for a while.

Last edited:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom, got confused there for a minute and forgot you got a turquoise pendant and not the bracelet. Either way, the color pops and looks great on you.
The vintage pave earrings are definitely worth considering. I tried them on but they were just too small for my big lobes. I love them on everybody else though. DD has the onyx with diamond pair and it really works for her.
Here’s a pic of the perlee clover in RG with my new Hermes bangle.
65B91E7C-00A1-4EA6-B24E-630E028F0498.jpeg

Phoenix, I wear the WG on my right with a Signature bangle in RG on my right arm as they are both the same size. The smaller RG clover goes on my left. The WG definitely stands out more than the RG which is closer to my skin color. WG is still my first choice as it is blingier overall. I was debating between the RG clover and the new WG single row pave bangle which was a better fit on my wrist but I felt it wasn’t iconic enough.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, got confused there for a minute and forgot you got a turquoise pendant and not the bracelet. Either way, the color pops and looks great on you.
The vintage pave earrings are definitely worth considering. I tried them on but they were just too small for my big lobes. I love them on everybody else though. DD has the onyx with diamond pair and it really works for her.
Here’s a pic of the perlee clover in RG with my new Hermes bangle.
65B91E7C-00A1-4EA6-B24E-630E028F0498.jpeg

Phoenix, I wear the WG on my right with a Signature bangle in RG on my right arm as they are both the same size. The smaller RG clover goes on my left. The WG definitely stands out more than the RG which is closer to my skin color. WG is still my first choice as it is blingier overall. I was debating between the RG clover and the new WG single row pave bangle which was a better fit on my wrist but I felt it wasn’t iconic enough.

@Boom, thank you for posting pics of your 2 new gorgeous bracelets!:love: I love the Hermes one as well.

I like the new single row bracelet too. It's super blingy even though it only has 1 row of diamonds. But I agree that the Clover bracelet is much more iconic.

That's so funny, I know that eventually (after I satisfy my immediate wants first), I will get a WG Clover bracelet too -have been contemplating it for a while. You and I have quite a few similar VCA pieces:). Do you think you'll ever get the magic-sized pave earrings, given the vintage are too small for you?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bottom line is that we went to NM first. I told the SA that we were going to lunch and another store and return there last. When we went back there, she had left early because of not feeling well. So I didn't buy anything. That was good because it actually has given me time to think and not feel obligated to just buy what they had there. I still struggle with thinking I have no need whatsoever for high end jewelry like this because I go nowhere to really wear it, and no one around here would have any idea what it is (although that doesn't bother me because they'd think I was nuts if they knew how much this stuff costs!). I could get a 2.5 ct diamond bangle from WF for about the same cost as some of these bracelets. So I am still torn about whether I should buy anything at all. But I did decide that if I do, it needs to be the long Magic onyx in white gold from NYC, because once they sell out, they may not continue offering them, as happened with the wg onyx vintage bracelets. There's so little wg right now that it does make the selection easier.

Here are a couple of random shots. The long Magic pave is fairly magnificent.

IMG_3992.jpg IMG_4033.jpg IMG_4034.jpg

I don't know how I totally missed your posts, DS. But it is dangerous to see (ok, ogle, lol) these pieces from afar like this, bc now I'm seriously lusting after them!:lol:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix, we do have several pieces in common.
I will not be getting the single Magic sized pave earrings since I have the three motif pave one.
I find the Alhambra (vintage and Magic) too flat on my ears. The 3 motif has much more movement which I love.
For casual wear, the flowerlace are my go to earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results