shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do you think you recommend these and not frivole bracelet? I wear the earrings 24/7 no issues. So why would the bracelet be more trouble? I really don’t want to regret my choice. I was thinking one frivole and one mop. I love the turquoise too but wish it was yellow gold.
Hi @hathalove Here goes:
1. Like as @omd21 said the raised golden leaves have multiple flat surfaces would get scratched easily and the scratches would show.
2. Because the leaves are raised, they would get in the way of my arm/wrist when my arm is resting on the table, which it is all the time since i work at the computer.
3. I don’t worry about scratching the sweets because they are flat and so small.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom Actually, I love Alhambra, some Frivole, some Perlee, some Cosmos (which is too pricey for me!) some of the butterflies, etc! There is no other high end jeweler that even comes close in regard to design as VCA, in my opinion. Their line is full of beauty, and much of it will endure because it is beautiful and timeless. I hope to go tomorrow to look at NM, but I don't know what all they will have. Just for fun I showed my daughter a vintage MOP bracelet and a WF diamond bangle that cost about the same amount and asked which she liked best. She said she doesn't like bracelets and prefers rings, pendants, and earrings. (She wears an apple watch.) But she said she'd choose the diamond bangle out of those two!!!

Love this post, thank you for sharing DS ::)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @hathalove Here goes:
1. Like as @omd21 said the raised golden leaves have multiple flat surfaces would get scratched easily and the scratches would show.
2. Because the leaves are raised, they would get in the way of my arm/wrist when my arm is resting on the table, which it is all the time since i work at the computer.
3. I don’t worry about scratching the sweets because they are flat and so small.
Not to say that the frivole pieces aren’t gorgeous. I just know I am too OCD for them. I wish I wasn’t. I think frivole earrings could work for me cause they would be hard to scratch.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Ladies, I have been VCA obsessing. I just saw this fabulous interview about the recent VCA campaign and I am just loving to 20 motif. Oh dear...

If you haven’t seen this you may enjoy it.

OMG I am completely drunk off this cherry red koolaid you are serving this morning. I have seen this and I just watched it again like I had never seen it before. All of a sudden I need to book to Paris and get all the colors. Love how he casually plays with that necklace in his hands like they are prayer beads. I’m Drunk I tell you! Drunk! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @hathalove Here goes:

I need it spelled out like this sometimes! I mean I just want everything. Everything and that might mean I need to take a break from PS and stay far away from boutiques. I was very near VCA yesterday and I am so proud I didn’t stop. Plus it’s my sons bday weekend and how would that look anyway me dragging him to VCA after rock climbing party. Lol

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I am completely drunk off this cherry red koolaid you are serving this morning. I have seen this and I just watched it again like I had never seen it before. All of a sudden I need to book to Paris and get all the colors. Love how he casually plays with that necklace in his hands like they are prayer beads. I’m Drunk I tell you! Drunk! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

And do you love how he is wearing not one, but TWO 20 motifs WITH HIS FLANNEL SHIRT AND T-SHIRT?? I can do that. I have FABULOUS flannel shirts! :lol-2: 20 motif! Here I come!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need it spelled out like this sometimes! I mean I just want everything. Everything and that might mean I need to take a break from PS and stay far away from boutiques. I was very near VCA yesterday and I am so proud I didn’t stop. Plus it’s my sons bday weekend and how would that look anyway me dragging him to VCA after rock climbing party. Lol
Mommy is taking her son to the real party, the after party.:twisted2:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Ladies, I have been VCA obsessing. I just saw this fabulous interview about the recent VCA campaign and I am just loving to 20 motif. Oh dear...

Thanks for sharing. Was I the only one cringing when he was playing with the necklace and it was brushing against his watch?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What are you trying to do to me??? Oh my gosh, now I think I really need that pave onyx bracelet.:eek2:

I'll report on my NM visit next.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I made it to NM yesterday. VCA is like crack (not that I have ever used it, of course). But I imagine it is, because once you are in there, you lose all sense of the cost and just want to buy it! I have been in many high end jewelry stores in NYC and Vegas, but honestly, VCA is different, and special.

Anyway, they have a good selection at my NM, but they didn't have everything I wanted to see. They didn't have the wg/pave/onyx, but they did have the rose gold/pave/gray MOP...just gorgeous but I forgot to get a picture of that, unfortunately. The number one thing I decided is that the white gold does look best on me, and I like the MOP in wg and I definitely want onyx in wg. I think I will focus on wg now, unless something special comes up that I love, possibly the yg blue agate.

Here is me trying on the MOP, Magic earrings on the left, vintage on the right, and 10 motif necklace. All were wg except the Magic earrings, and right now it seems they only are available in yg which is not acceptable. lol

IMG_4032(Edited2).jpg

Now here is the Magic MOP pendant (which I'd have them make slightly longer), and the long Magic onyx (this is yg since they wg has to be bought in NYC).

IMG_4017.jpg

All in all, I think I like Magic pendants and earrings best, and I like vintage bracelets. I like mixing the sizes rather than having them all the same. The lighting in there was not good, so it was hard to get decent pictures. They had no Frivole small earrings (they had mini), so I didn't get to try those on.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next, I am having my daughter (with TINY wrists) model bracelets because I still have too many puppy bite scars on my hands and lower arms! The two Perlee bracelets are fabulous together. I'd just never wear them with the MOP because I couldn't bear for my bracelets to scratch each other!

IMG_4008.jpg IMG_4011.jpg

Here's the new single row pave Perlee bracelet. It's only $3-4k less than the Perlee clover bangle, so Perlee clover bangle wins for me if I ever wanted to buy a bracelet in that price range (which I do not!).

IMG_3999.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing. Was I the only one cringing when he was playing with the necklace and it was brushing against his watch?

Yes you were because I was loving it. I was like YAS look how he doesn’t care. Crash clank scrape...loved this moment. It’s like whatever. I love that feeling of whatever. Whats in your hand? Oh nothing whatever. What’s around your neck? A bunch of whatever’s. Haha. In real life I would be checking each motif every two minutes. Lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bottom line is that we went to NM first. I told the SA that we were going to lunch and another store and return there last. When we went back there, she had left early because of not feeling well. So I didn't buy anything. That was good because it actually has given me time to think and not feel obligated to just buy what they had there. I still struggle with thinking I have no need whatsoever for high end jewelry like this because I go nowhere to really wear it, and no one around here would have any idea what it is (although that doesn't bother me because they'd think I was nuts if they knew how much this stuff costs!). I could get a 2.5 ct diamond bangle from WF for about the same cost as some of these bracelets. So I am still torn about whether I should buy anything at all. But I did decide that if I do, it needs to be the long Magic onyx in white gold from NYC, because once they sell out, they may not continue offering them, as happened with the wg onyx vintage bracelets. There's so little wg right now that it does make the selection easier.

Here are a couple of random shots. The long Magic pave is fairly magnificent.

IMG_3992.jpg IMG_4033.jpg IMG_4034.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 you are killing me with all the pics!!!!! I’m dying over here for everything. Let me look again before I write more. The bracelet stack is a dream stack. Love! Love the magic size on you too. Love love love. Why are the pendants two different styles on the magic necklaces? Just curious.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 you are killing me with all the pics!!!!! I’m dying over here for everything. Let me look again before I write more. The bracelet stack is a dream stack. Love! Love the magic size on you too. Love love love. Why are the pendants two different styles on the magic necklaces? Just curious.

I believe only the MOP is in the shorter length. That was around before they introduced the long ones. I LOVE the long ones. They are great long and I love that you can double the chain and wear them at 18" as well. But they cost like $1500+ more, too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many pictures from DS to respond to and not enough time at the gas pump! :mrgreen2:

A quick thought on cuffs vs full bangles...

My wrists are thin, and I have what my other half lovingly calls “bird bones”, and thanks to a decade of pathetic exercising habits... I have exactly as much muscle as my body needs to function and not an ounce more.

This results in bracelets that don’t wholly encircle the wrist - like cuffs, especially heavier cuffs - “bunching” skin in the area between the cuff ends in some unattractive ways when they’ve slid as far down my arm (toward my elbow) as they can.

I think that cuffs look lovely on people with sturdier bone structure, or whose arms are in good physical condition (like both @LLJsmom and @m-2-b)!

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should add that those bangles we tried on were medium size, which fit me well, but obviously my tiny boned daughter would need the small! I look forward to hearing your thoughts later, @yssie!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next, I am having my daughter (with TINY wrists) model bracelets because I still have too many puppy bite scars on my hands and lower arms! The two Perlee bracelets are fabulous together. I'd just never wear them with the MOP because I couldn't bear for my bracelets to scratch each other!

Here's the new single row pave Perlee bracelet. It's only $3-4k less than the Perlee clover bangle, so Perlee clover bangle wins for me if I ever wanted to buy a bracelet in that price range (which I do not!).

IMG_3999.jpg

WOT's not to love?????:love::love: Thanks for sharing!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol-2: I’m sorry @eh613c I wasn’t cringing at all. I love that it just didn’t even occur to him not too. I think I would do something similar cause I’d have so many motifs I wouldn’t care.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes you were because I was loving it. I was like YAS look how he doesn’t care. Crash clank scrape...loved this moment. It’s like whatever. I love that feeling of whatever. Whats in your hand? Oh nothing whatever. What’s around your neck? A bunch of whatever’s. Haha. In real life I would be checking each motif every two minutes. Lol
YAS!!!!! I’m with you @hathalove !!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_3999.jpg
Confession: I love that bangle (single row pave) that your daughter has on more than the clover bangle. It feels. A little less fancy. I love how it looks on. ***sigh***

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I made it to NM yesterday. VCA is like crack (not that I have ever used it, of course). But I imagine it is, because once you are in there, you lose all sense of the cost and just want to buy it! I have been in many high end jewelry stores in NYC and Vegas, but honestly, VCA is different, and special.

Anyway, they have a good selection at my NM, but they didn't have everything I wanted to see. They didn't have the wg/pave/onyx, but they did have the rose gold/pave/gray MOP...just gorgeous but I forgot to get a picture of that, unfortunately. The number one thing I decided is that the white gold does look best on me, and I like the MOP in wg and I definitely want onyx in wg. I think I will focus on wg now, unless something special comes up that I love, possibly the yg blue agate.

Here is me trying on the MOP, Magic earrings on the left, vintage on the right, and 10 motif necklace. All were wg except the Magic earrings, and right now it seems they only are available in yg which is not acceptable. lol

IMG_4032(Edited2).jpg

Now here is the Magic MOP pendant (which I'd have them make slightly longer), and the long Magic onyx (this is yg since they wg has to be bought in NYC).

IMG_4017.jpg

All in all, I think I like Magic pendants and earrings best, and I like vintage bracelets. I like mixing the sizes rather than having them all the same. The lighting in there was not good, so it was hard to get decent pictures. They had no Frivole small earrings (they had mini), so I didn't get to try those on.
I am LOVING the WG with MOP. I am so loving WG Alhambra pieces.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bottom line is that we went to NM first. I told the SA that we were going to lunch and another store and return there last. When we went back there, she had left early because of not feeling well. So I didn't buy anything. That was good because it actually has given me time to think and not feel obligated to just buy what they had there. I still struggle with thinking I have no need whatsoever for high end jewelry like this because I go nowhere to really wear it, and no one around here would have any idea what it is (although that doesn't bother me because they'd think I was nuts if they knew how much this stuff costs!). I could get a 2.5 ct diamond bangle from WF for about the same cost as some of these bracelets. So I am still torn about whether I should buy anything at all. But I did decide that if I do, it needs to be the long Magic onyx in white gold from NYC, because once they sell out, they may not continue offering them, as happened with the wg onyx vintage bracelets. There's so little wg right now that it does make the selection easier.

Here are a couple of random shots. The long Magic pave is fairly magnificent.

IMG_3992.jpg IMG_4033.jpg IMG_4034.jpg
DS, I promise that I saw a woman at 24 hour fitness wear this pendant and WG pave studs in a Body Pump class. My point is that you should wear it any where and any time. I am wearing my gray MOP pendant now and have for days. I am not even leaving the house today.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I loved his take on accessibility of VCA. Thanks for sharing this video--otherwise I would never have seen it. SO how NOT to crave those "prayer beads"??? Lordy!

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_4032(Edited2).jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

Agh!! That 10 motif!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved watching the videos of the people working on the Alhambra motifs. Please allow me to share another video of them working on the letterwood piece. I am craving a 20 motif letterwood in rose gold. And I’m sure you all will think I’m nuts for wanting a wood piece! But I was just reading about wood pieces produced by VCA in he 1940s during ww2.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Seriously!! Like he was playing with $2 Mardi Gras beads! Hilarious. And I’m thinking, “Dude, those are diamonds scratching the onyx.” At the end I really thought he might start to do elementary yarn games like Jacob’s ladder and cats in the cradle!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results