shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 @kama_s Actually I think you were right except with a silent H and make sure you’re doing the French r. I’m never good at phonetic spellings but “al om bra” not ham. Which is funny because I did study French in college and did a study abroad in France. Dijon France to be exact. So I should know but I didn’t. Lol. I wonder if I can find a recording like yours DS.

I took French through high school and went to France for 8 weeks, so I felt like I should know, too. I have pronounced it al om bra (the h is barely there). But that video link said "am" or "ham". I looked for more prounucuations and apparently there is an Alhambra, CA, and it is pronounced al ham bra. The palace in Spain may be pronounced Al om bra. I didn't spend the time to verify that, though!

I love the Frivole bracelet! :love: Maybe we both like VCA because of our French student backgrounds! That can be my new excuse! :lol:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous @hathalove !
Enjoy that gorgeous bracelet.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 :lol-2: I’m sure it’s one of the many reasons. I tried to be French so hard in my late teens and early 20s. Lol. I loved Paris, all of France and Europe.

Alhambra is in SoCal lol and you’re right it’s ham.

Thank you @tkyasx78 and @ac117 I just couldn’t help myself. I don’t know what has come over me. I’m turning into a bouquet of Frivole!

More pics? Oh why not!

B1A9D10F-F02E-448B-B441-6365D46242E2.jpeg

488B76BE-C25B-4548-92E9-FD5D0E6AA4F9.jpeg

7B96266A-0ADF-49C0-A13C-B29E909A2B48.jpeg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 :lol-2: I’m sure it’s one of the many reasons. I tried to be French so hard in my late teens and early 20s. Lol. I loved Paris, all of France and Europe.

Alhambra is in SoCal lol and you’re right it’s ham.

Thank you @tkyasx78 and @ac117 I just couldn’t help myself. I don’t know what has come over me. I’m turning into a bouquet of Frivole!

More pics? Oh why not!

B1A9D10F-F02E-448B-B441-6365D46242E2.jpeg

488B76BE-C25B-4548-92E9-FD5D0E6AA4F9.jpeg

7B96266A-0ADF-49C0-A13C-B29E909A2B48.jpeg

So pretty together! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous :kiss2:

488b76be-c25b-4548-92e9-fd5d0e6aa4f9-jpeg.648879

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies! @m-2-b @yssie Just for the photos.:cool2: We all know I can’t really wear it like this until after the first few scratches. It’s still perfect so don’t want to mess it up with my love clanking against it. So for now it rides solo!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, so this came yesterday. It's beautiful. It has the certificate which is from the South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa VCA. Do any of you use that one? The piece is a limited one from NYC, so I am assuming the SA in Costa Mesa was able to order it for his or her client.

Here's my dilemma. It is beautiful in white gold. I wear more white metals than anything else and it looks better on me. But I already have the solid yellow gold 5 motif vintage bracelet. I am wondering if it's just dumb to get onyx in wg when the only other piece I can access in wg to wear with it is the $12k pave/onyx 50th anniversary bracelet. (Now I do love that bracelet, but the pricing on these things is nuts when I think of the diamond tennis bracelet I could get from WF.) I will likely get MOP all in white metals because I definitely will wear that most in the summer and white is just going to be best for me. But in the onyx, I am just not sure. I want to have a couple of yellow gold pieces to wear with my yg bracelet. On the other hand, I did save a little money getting this Magic pendant second hand but like new, and I think these pendants are sooo overpriced especially at retail. My 36" platinum dbty was around this price and has over 2 cts of diamonds. So while I really love VCA and do think I'll get a few more smaller pieces like bracelets or pendants, I am not sure what to do about this piece. I have a feeling my girls would value diamond pieces over these branded pieces. ugh!

I can't get a good picture. It's dark and rainy here as the remnants of the hurricane dump rain all over the place.

IMG_4071.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ya know @diamondseeker2006 I’m not hearing or feeling the love. I didn’t hear you say one time that you love the piece. You did say it was beautiful but then there were a lot of BUTs to follow. For me that means it needs to go back. Maybe at that price seeing onyx in the white and size is underwhelming for you.

I do understand the logic behind diamonds metals and value. That’s why when you purchase from the brand it’s got to be love. Because in a way it is a bit frivolous. Like our frivole! Most people see my Cartier bangles and just think whatever gold bangle and I would never spend this and that. These bangles bring me more joy to wear than any diamond ring I have ever owned. So it’s worth it.

Stick with those pieces. The ones that make you smile and not want to let go. The ones that make you want more. Lol. Doesn’t matter to me how much you save if it’s just ok... I’ll stop here and let other people chime in before I add more. But just a few cents from my neck of the woods. If you don’t want them throw them back to me because I need to save for another frivoleo_O:geek2::mrgreen2:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 Personally I like it. It’s one of the pieces I’m saving for. If it doesn’t make your heart sing, you should return it. it sounds like you prefer the MOP pieces and you should use the funds for that.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, so this came yesterday. It's beautiful. It has the certificate which is from the South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa VCA. Do any of you use that one? The piece is a limited one from NYC, so I am assuming the SA in Costa Mesa was able to order it for his or her client.

Here's my dilemma. It is beautiful in white gold. I wear more white metals than anything else and it looks better on me. But I already have the solid yellow gold 5 motif vintage bracelet. I am wondering if it's just dumb to get onyx in wg when the only other piece I can access in wg to wear with it is the $12k pave/onyx 50th anniversary bracelet. (Now I do love that bracelet, but the pricing on these things is nuts when I think of the diamond tennis bracelet I could get from WF.) I will likely get MOP all in white metals because I definitely will wear that most in the summer and white is just going to be best for me. But in the onyx, I am just not sure. I want to have a couple of yellow gold pieces to wear with my yg bracelet. On the other hand, I did save a little money getting this Magic pendant second hand but like new, and I think these pendants are sooo overpriced especially at retail. My 36" platinum dbty was around this price and has over 2 cts of diamonds. So while I really love VCA and do think I'll get a few more smaller pieces like bracelets or pendants, I am not sure what to do about this piece. I have a feeling my girls would value diamond pieces over these branded pieces. ugh!

I can't get a good picture. It's dark and rainy here as the remnants of the hurricane dump rain all over the place.

IMG_4071.jpg

When I wear my magic onyx pendant, I don’t wear any matching bracelets with it. Most often I don’t wear any bracelets at all, just the magic pendant and earrings (this is when I also owned the onyx vintage bracelet in the same metal). I think this necklace would look amazing paired with just diamond studs. Imagine a casual blouse, jeans, diamond studs, watch and this necklace! Perfect outfit!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS--I love your new WG Magic Onyx pendant and think it would go well with any of your platinum diamond pieces! Do you have any neckshots (short/long) to show?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ya know @diamondseeker2006 I’m not hearing or feeling the love. I didn’t hear you say one time that you love the piece. You did say it was beautiful but then there were a lot of BUTs to follow. For me that means it needs to go back. Maybe at that price seeing onyx in the white and size is underwhelming for you.

I do understand the logic behind diamonds metals and value. That’s why when you purchase from the brand it’s got to be love. Because in a way it is a bit frivolous. Like our frivole! Most people see my Cartier bangles and just think whatever gold bangle and I would never spend this and that. These bangles bring me more joy to wear than any diamond ring I have ever owned. So it’s worth it.

Stick with those pieces. The ones that make you smile and not want to let go. The ones that make you want more. Lol. Doesn’t matter to me how much you save if it’s just ok... I’ll stop here and let other people chime in before I add more. But just a few cents from my neck of the woods. If you don’t want them throw them back to me because I need to save for another frivoleo_O:geek2::mrgreen2:

Oh, I love all Alhambra, almost! I don't love tiger eye, letterwood, or rock crystal, but most of the rest, I do love! I also love other VCA such as Frivole, Perlee, Cosmos, butterflies, etc. (but some is definitely above my price comfort zone). I know I need to focus on the pleasure it gives me and not worry about whether the girls appreciate it or not. The younger one has already told me she doesn't care about the clovers! :lol:

@diamondseeker2006 Personally I like it. It’s one of the pieces I’m saving for. If it doesn’t make your heart sing, you should return it. it sounds like you prefer the MOP pieces and you should use the funds for that.

I love the onyx and MOP! I see the onyx being worn year round but the MOP in the spring and summer, mostly. I do think those two would be my most worn, but I'll still probably get a piece or two of other stones. My problem is that most VCA makes my heart sing. :lol: I just suffer from guilt of overpaying due to brand!

When I wear my magic onyx pendant, I don’t wear any matching bracelets with it. Most often I don’t wear any bracelets at all, just the magic pendant and earrings (this is when I also owned the onyx vintage bracelet in the same metal). I think this necklace would look amazing paired with just diamond studs. Imagine a casual blouse, jeans, diamond studs, watch and this necklace! Perfect outfit!

Okay, you have sold me. :lol: Unfortunately there also aren't any magic onyx earrings in wg, but I am not going to worry about that at this point. Maybe I'll find a deal on the vintage wg pave! lol!

DS--I love your new WG Magic Onyx pendant and think it would go well with any of your platinum diamond pieces! Do you have any neckshots (short/long) to show?

Yes, you are always right, m2b! I think I'll be happiest with this piece in wg since I have mostly platinum otherwise and all of it could be worn with the pendant. I will try to get some pictures today!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That is just gorgeous. Seriously. Love it. Looks amazing both ways. :cry2: So booooootiful!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love the versatility of the long Magic pendants. I guess being able to wear them two ways makes up for the price. But I just wish there were more wg options.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love the versatility of the long Magic pendants. I guess being able to wear them two ways makes up for the price. But I just wish there were more wg options.

I love it on you!! Honestly, I wouldn’t wear it with matching earrings either. I wear mine wih diamond studs! But if you did, would you consider the vintage onyx with white gold earrings? That size seems more easy to wear as earrings than the magic ones.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it on you!! Honestly, I wouldn’t wear it with matching earrings either. I wear mine wih diamond studs! But if you did, would you consider the vintage onyx with white gold earrings? That size seems more easy to wear as earrings than the magic ones.

Thank you! Yes, studs really are great with everything! I didn't know there were any onyx pieces left in wg other than the Magic pendant (and the pave onyx bracelet) but I might consider the vintage size if they had them. On the other hand, maybe I could get a different pair of wg earrings that would go with multiple things (like maybe Frivole, but I kind of like those in yg more, maybe).

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Yes, studs really are great with everything! I didn't know there were any onyx pieces left in wg other than the Magic pendant (and the pave onyx bracelet) but I might consider the vintage size if they had them. On the other hand, maybe I could get a different pair of wg earrings that would go with multiple things (like maybe Frivole, but I kind of like those in yg more, maybe).

Oh, I wasn’t aware that they discontinued the wg onyx options! BUT, YES! Wg Frivole will be perfect! I also do wear my yg Frivole earrings with my yg onyx magic! Please tell me you’re keeping it!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't wait to see what you get/keep DS! Meee loves this thread.....sigh.....:love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I overdid the maybes just a bit!

I am leaning towards keeping it, but I have through Tuesday to make the final decision.

I love this thread, too! It’s kind of dangerous, though!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I just need to put this down. Here is my VCA wish list. Ugh. I just keep adding to this list! Really must cut it off at seven.
White gold signature bangle
White gold perlee d’or
Turquoise butterfly pendant
Sweet stud earrings
Blue agate bracelet
WG and onyx 20 motif if I really love my bracelet.
White gold MOP bracelet.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I just need to put this down. Here is my VCA wish list. Ugh. I just keep adding to this list! Really must cut it off at seven.
White gold signature bangle
White gold perlee d’or
Turquoise butterfly pendant
Sweet stud earrings
Blue agate bracelet
WG and onyx 20 motif if I really love my bracelet.
White gold MOP bracelet.

Killer list!!! I can’t make a list because it would never end :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results