carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Killer list!!! I can’t make a list because it would never end :lol-2:
I put this down so i could limit myself.
@kama_s Pleeeese? Could you maybe start a teeny little list so I don’t feel so lonely? :twisted2: Is it just me and my addiction? How about just the top five? :P2

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put this down so i could limit myself.
@kama_s Pleeeese? Could you maybe start a teeny little list so I don’t feel so lonely? :twisted2: Is it just me and my addiction? How about just the top five? :P2

Oh man, if my husband asks, it was you who made me do it :twisted2:

- Frivole BtF ring (yg or pave???)
- Noeud BtF ring
- Lotus pave earrings
- Rose de Noel earrings (MOP? Onyx?)

Just like a simple grocery list. NBD. :cool2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Prices are the lowest that they've been in recent years... Best time to buy apples is when they're in season. Y'know. :))

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prices are the lowest that they've been in recent years... Best time to buy apples is when they're in season. Y'know. :))

That unfortunately is not the case in Canada. Prices have been steadily increasing, thanks to the poor Canadian dollar. Plus I think I’m driving myself over to ban island - the EC, plus the FC band plus some new bling coming to me from Grace shortly. Has been a little excessive lately!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I somehow forgot that you wouldn't be buying in the US despite knowing perfectly well that you're not in the US @kama_s ;(

I understand. Every time I get close to buying the Perlee... I get distracted by some other MustHaveNow that comes with a one-way ticket to Ban Island, and it's a few months before I book myself out. And the things that must happen always do ::)

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I received my Cartier Diamants Legers in white gold, size large (.18 ct). I love it! The chain is as sparkly as the diamond. Simple and elegant, it subtly elevates anything I'm wearing - including pajamas. I plan to wear it 24/7. Already contemplating my next Cartier purchase. ;-)

DSCF7733.jpg DSCF7761.jpg
DSCF7724.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That unfortunately is not the case in Canada. Prices have been steadily increasing, thanks to the poor Canadian dollar. Plus I think I’m driving myself over to ban island - the EC, plus the FC band plus some new bling coming to me from Grace shortly. Has been a little excessive lately!

I think this calls for a short vacay to the States, and of course to a particular state that has a VCA boutique. :twisted2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received my Cartier Diamants Legers in white gold, size large (.18 ct). I love it! The chain is as sparkly as the diamond. Simple and elegant, it subtly elevates anything I'm wearing - including pajamas. I plan to wear it 24/7. Already contemplating my next Cartier purchase. ;-)

DSCF7724.jpg

A girl after my own heart. 24/7 kind of bling wearer.:P2 Congratulations on getting a piece that makes everything else more beautiful, even PJs!! The solitaire looks beautiful on you! What are you considering next?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I somehow forgot that you wouldn't be buying in the US despite knowing perfectly well that you're not in the US @kama_s ;(

I understand. Every time I get close to buying the Perlee... I get distracted by some other MustHaveNow that comes with a one-way ticket to Ban Island, and it's a few months before I book myself out. And the things that must happen always do ::)

@yssie, how is that coming? Are you almost at the point where you can pull the trigger on the Perlee? Did the price drop make a difference?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, if my husband asks, it was you who made me do it :twisted2:

- Frivole BtF ring (yg or pave???)
- Noeud BtF ring
- Lotus pave earrings

Wow. Those pieces pack a punch... I can't even imagine owning one of those holy grail pieces. Is that list in order of priority?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, how is that coming? Are you almost at the point where you can pull the trigger on the Perlee? Did the price drop make a difference?

Heh. I'd honestly just about decided to damn the Clasp Concerns and pull the trigger. And then my inability to actually stick to a plan kicked in, and I went on an opals binge. Perlee is next (but I've said that before!) :wink2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 I knew this would look phenomenal on you long!

The Magic is big, bold, and eye-catching, and I think it works best as a statement piece - I def wouldn't wear any other Alhambra with it, anyway. As @m-2-b noted it be lovely with your many other white metal pieces!

I actually prefer this pendant in WG for you because you're already covered on YG Alhambra! ::)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've spent the last day looking and looking through other sites to see if I can find any long pendants that tempt me more than the Magic onyx just to be sure. I haven't so far. However, I still have my family .80 diamond that I could set in something like Yenny's pendant but larger for a long chain. I think it would end up costing as much with the chain, but it would have more actual value having diamonds. Sigh.

IMG_3307.PNG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 isn’t it funny how we can predict each others’ tastes? I would have known without question that you would like Cosmos but prefer the onyx - and I’m sure you’re unsurprised to hear that I, too, love the line but it’s the MOP that has my heart ::)

But you know better than to attempt face-value comparisons of branded designs and non-branded pieces with higher materials value! 8)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 isn’t it funny how we can predict each others’ tastes? I would have known without question that you would like Cosmos but prefer the onyx - and I’m sure you’re unsurprised to hear that I, too, love the line but it’s the MOP that has my heart ::)

But you know better than to attempt face-value comparisons of branded designs and non-branded pieces with higher materials value! 8)

I know, I know!!! lol! I will try to refrain from doing that!

Ahhh, it's not a surprise that you love Cosmos, too! I love the pink gold MOP, too. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I know your skin tone can handle the pink gold better than mine can, like my daughter. But I think both are fabulous! See, I HATE that I have expensive taste, but my nature is to be conservative in spending (my husband might laugh hysterically if he saw this statement, however!)!!! The good thing about looking at Cosmos is that it almost makes Alhambra seem inexpensive! lol!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DSCF7724.jpg

I really love that! I like the Cartier bezels a lot. That's a great classic piece that can be worn alone or with another longer necklace!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, I know!!! lol! I will try to refrain from doing that!

Ahhh, it's not a surprise that you love Cosmos, too! I love the pink gold MOP, too. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I know your skin tone can handle the pink gold better than mine can, like my daughter. But I think both are fabulous! See, I HATE that I have expensive taste, but my nature is to be conservative in spending (my husband might laugh hysterically if he saw this statement, however!)!!! The good thing about looking at Cosmos is that it almost makes Alhambra seem inexpensive! lol!

I'm tellin' ya. Walk into Tiffany. Revel in how reasonably priced everything is.
Acclimating to VCA pricing def has its upsides :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DSCF7724.jpg

Love it!
There's something very elegant about a dainty diamond pendant :kiss2: It looks great on you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie I have looked through Tiffany's site a lot over the weekend. I do appreciate their pricing after seeing VCA, but there isn't anything that pulls at the heartstrings at the moment. I tried, though. :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DSCF7724.jpg

Yay to a beautiful Cartier piece.:love:

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHy did you guys have to bring up Tiffany? It’s been a long while since I’ve fallen in love with anything there. But it happened this weekend! (It’s scary how on the same wavelength we are!) :lol-2:

I’ve been wanting a pair of hoops forever but it’s been impossible to find one that is light enough, doesn’t turn sideways, and covers my ugly piercings. I’ve been searching since I got ears pierced four years ago. Nothing until now. 051E55E1-F7BC-4895-9B27-B2AFB6378EA3.jpeg
I almost bought a pair of Lana hoops cause they are so light but then I stumbled on these Elsa Peretti gold hoops. They tick all the boxes except they’re $1600. For plain gold hoops. Still deciding but leaning toward yes. The last significant piece I bought from Tiffany was about 20 years ago. Btw the SA and pretty young girl was wearing the Victoria earrings and it was beautiful on her.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I just need to put this down. Here is my VCA wish list. Ugh. I just keep adding to this list! Really must cut it off at seven.
White gold signature bangle
White gold perlee d’or
Turquoise butterfly pendant
Sweet stud earrings
Blue agate bracelet
WG and onyx 20 motif if I really love my bracelet.
White gold MOP bracelet.

I'm suffering from analysis paralysis...actually, have been for about a year now. There are so many things I want but I am afraid I'd make a mistake - like I umm'ed and ahhh'ed about the Frivole pave earrings for several months only to end up getting the Lotus earrings at the last minute and now wish I'd bought the Frivoles instead.

My top 5 VCA at the moment are:

1) Alhambra pave Magic earrings
2) Perlee Clover pave bracelet in WG
3) Flowerlace earrings
4) Snowflake bracelet (never gonna happen, but hey a girl can dream! lol)
5) Lapis Lazuli - in anything

I think I'd like to pull the trigger on an Onyx piece fairly soon, but not sure if it'd be a bracelet or necklace. And if I ever sell my Lotus earrings, I'd either get the Magic pave earrings or the Frivoles.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to also report, lol, that I also tried on a new 3-row diamond pave Perlee bracelet in WG and it's GORGEOUS!! However, the sizing is weird! My SA told me that the one I tried on was the smallest one, but it's bigger than my Cartier pave WG+Onyx Love bracelet, which itself is bigger than my Small Perlee Clover.:think:

Also tried on the Magic sized Onyx pendant but it was too big for little me. So I went for this Vintage one which is perfect.:))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHy did you guys have to bring up Tiffany? It’s been a long while since I’ve fallen in love with anything there. But it happened this weekend! (It’s scary how on the same wavelength we are!) :lol-2:

I’ve been wanting a pair of hoops forever but it’s been impossible to find one that is light enough, doesn’t turn sideways, and covers my ugly piercings. I’ve been searching since I got ears pierced four years ago. Nothing until now. 051E55E1-F7BC-4895-9B27-B2AFB6378EA3.jpeg
I almost bought a pair of Lana hoops cause they are so light but then I stumbled on these Elsa Peretti gold hoops. They tick all the boxes except they’re $1600. For plain gold hoops. Still deciding but leaning toward yes. The last significant piece I bought from Tiffany was about 20 years ago. Btw the SA and pretty young girl was wearing the Victoria earrings and it was beautiful on her.

Just finding my way back to this thread and must chime in with OMG Gorgeous on you @LLJsmom. Perfect hoops. Sassy, sweet, sexy and soooooo beautiful on you. :love: My vote (as you already know lol) is YES.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom Love the Tiffany hoops! I have always liked Victoria earrings, too. Kama has those!

@Phoenix That pendant looks great on you! There are advantages to being petite. I think the vintage pendants look too small on me which forces me into the Magic range! I wish they'd make the pendants in the medium size motif which is about 20mm. I think they are on some of the long Magic pieces that have three sizes of stones.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to also report, lol, that I also tried on a new 3-row diamond pave Perlee bracelet in WG and it's GORGEOUS!! However, the sizing is weird! My SA told me that the one I tried on was the smallest one, but it's bigger than my Cartier pave WG+Onyx Love bracelet, which itself is bigger than my Small Perlee Clover.:think:

Also tried on the Magic sized Onyx pendant but it was too big for little me. So I went for this Vintage one which is perfect.:))

How d'you feel about the new Perlee pave vs. the pave Love?
Curious! :cool2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results