shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting is hard. Disclaimer: I don’t have the bracelet yet.

F77C3EE7-2112-488B-8492-AC8E0976EA76.jpeg 003C5B0F-E939-43A5-8999-4A8F690C65A7.jpeg BDE0E4CA-4C74-451D-A5D2-78D908143F9B.jpeg 81BAA4D6-E66D-4468-8608-7C1078545213.jpeg
I can’t decide what I like more, the signature or the single row perlee bangle. Well, I have plenty of time. I’ll just wear the vintage piece for a while and see how I feel.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next, I am having my daughter (with TINY wrists) model bracelets because I still have too many puppy bite scars on my hands and lower arms! The two Perlee bracelets are fabulous together. I'd just never wear them with the MOP because I couldn't bear for my bracelets to scratch each other!

IMG_4008.jpg IMG_4011.jpg

Here's the new single row pave Perlee bracelet. It's only $3-4k less than the Perlee clover bangle, so Perlee clover bangle wins for me if I ever wanted to buy a bracelet in that price range (which I do not!).

IMG_3999.jpg
Love the stack on your daughters arm.:love::love::love: Oh dear. Maybe I need both.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved watching the videos of the people working on the Alhambra motifs. Please allow me to share another video of them working on the letterwood piece. I am craving a 20 motif letterwood in rose gold. And I’m sure you all will think I’m nuts for wanting a wood piece! But I was just reading about wood pieces produced by VCA in he 1940s during ww2.

super cool.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I made it to NM yesterday. VCA is like crack (not that I have ever used it, of course). But I imagine it is, because once you are in there, you lose all sense of the cost and just want to buy it! I have been in many high end jewelry stores in NYC and Vegas, but honestly, VCA is different, and special.

Anyway, they have a good selection at my NM, but they didn't have everything I wanted to see. They didn't have the wg/pave/onyx, but they did have the rose gold/pave/gray MOP...just gorgeous but I forgot to get a picture of that, unfortunately. The number one thing I decided is that the white gold does look best on me, and I like the MOP in wg and I definitely want onyx in wg. I think I will focus on wg now, unless something special comes up that I love, possibly the yg blue agate.

Here is me trying on the MOP, Magic earrings on the left, vintage on the right, and 10 motif necklace. All were wg except the Magic earrings, and right now it seems they only are available in yg which is not acceptable. lol

IMG_4032(Edited2).jpg

Now here is the Magic MOP pendant (which I'd have them make slightly longer), and the long Magic onyx (this is yg since they wg has to be bought in NYC).

IMG_4017.jpg

All in all, I think I like Magic pendants and earrings best, and I like vintage bracelets. I like mixing the sizes rather than having them all the same. The lighting in there was not good, so it was hard to get decent pictures. They had no Frivole small earrings (they had mini), so I didn't get to try those on.

I have to say that I love the magic size onyx on you!!! :love:That will certainly be a worthwhile purchase! I also really like the way the MOP shows up on you ears. All of the pieces are so beautiful, really. It's so hard to just pick one, especially when the practical side of us kicks in!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Howdy from a mostly-lurker. :) I must say that the photos here are absolutely drool-worthy - wow!

I'm popping up to ask if anyone has a piece from the Cartier Diamants Legeres collection. I just purchased a pre-owned white gold necklace in size L, and I'd love to see others' photos while waiting impatiently for it to arrive. I was planning to try on/purchase the necklace at the boutique while visiting NYC next month, but I couldn't pass up the price ($1k off retail) and can easily return the piece if I don't fall in love. This will be my daily necklace and I plan to find a rose gold pendant to layer - leaning toward the sweet or vintage Alhambra - assuming the mixed metals look good together (my wedding set is WG and right hand anniversary set is RG).

By the way, Ann's Fabulous Finds recently listed the NYC onyx magic alhambra pendant for sale. :) https://www.annsfabulousfinds.com/c...yx-magic-alhambra-nyc-limited-edition-pendant

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DorotheaBrooke Ugh, that pendant is tempting, but gosh, I am so afraid of not buying new. Especially the white gold...it may need to be rhodium plated one day and I wouldn't want anyone to do it other than VCA. I don't know if they'd do it for a second hand purchase? I'd really like to pay $850 less, though!!!! :confused:

Ah, your Cartier necklace sounds great! The only problem I have had trying to layer necklaces is that they get tangled, and that drives me nuts, so I don't do it. But that's a great necklace to have..I like their bezel design a lot!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved watching the videos of the people working on the Alhambra motifs. Please allow me to share another video of them working on the letterwood piece. I am craving a 20 motif letterwood in rose gold. And I’m sure you all will think I’m nuts for wanting a wood piece! But I was just reading about wood pieces produced by VCA in he 1940s during ww2.

I have had zero interest in letterwood, but that video made me have a new appreciation for it! I just wear nothing that brown would work with, but I think it is more understandable after seeing the video. I also wouldn't buy the porcelain ones. But there's probably some story behind those, too!

Love the stack on your daughters arm.:love::love::love: Oh dear. Maybe I need both.

Oh yes, the two Perlee bracelets look fabulous together!!! You DO need both!!!

I have to say that I love the magic size onyx on you!!! :love:That will certainly be a worthwhile purchase! I also really like the way the MOP shows up on you ears. All of the pieces are so beautiful, really. It's so hard to just pick one, especially when the practical side of us kicks in!

I did like the MOP more than I expected! It was beautiful. I was so close to buying two things there while knowing I needed to order the wg onyx Magic pendant since it is limited!!!! But then the SA was gone..and my senses came to me! :lol:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have had zero interest in letterwood, but that video made me have a new appreciation for it! I just wear nothing that brown would work with, but I think it is more understandable after seeing the video. I also wouldn't buy the porcelain ones. But there's probably some story behind those, too!

Oh yes, the two Perlee bracelets look fabulous together!!! You DO need both!!!

I did like the MOP more than I expected! It was beautiful. I was so close to buying two things there while knowing I needed to order the wg onyx Magic pendant since it is limited!!!! But then the SA was gone..and my senses came to me! :lol:

You absolutley must share the two things! What were the two things????????

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

F77C3EE7-2112-488B-8492-AC8E0976EA76.jpeg 003C5B0F-E939-43A5-8999-4A8F690C65A7.jpeg BDE0E4CA-4C74-451D-A5D2-78D908143F9B.jpeg 81BAA4D6-E66D-4468-8608-7C1078545213.jpeg
I can’t decide what I like more, the signature or the single row perlee bangle. Well, I have plenty of time. I’ll just wear the vintage piece for a while and see how I feel.

If it’s just one then I say thin perlee d’or but if you can have both then heck yeah both. They are gonna look great with your new onyx! I mean you are rocking that onyx and white gold so beautifully you’ve got me wanting one too.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now if I can just get lucky like that other woman who stumbled upon someone’s returned special orders.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone looked at the back of the pave motifs? Does that texture bother anyone. It’s been bugging me a bit in photos but I wonder if it would bug me in real life since it’s not a macro shot I would be looking at?!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My boutique corrected my pronunciation of Alhambra. Hope you all are pronouncing it correctly when requesting to see pieces in person.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I prefer the look of the single row perlee bangle, but that’s just me. You’ve mentioned before that you recently preferred lighter weight accessories on your wrist due to health issues. Was there a significant difference in weight when you tried them on? Both look great on you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You absolutley must share the two things! What were the two things????????

I kind of wanted the wg/MOP vintage bracelet and either the matching magic earrings (which they did not have in wg, and I don't see them on the VCA site, either) or the matching magic MOP pendant.

And the onyx/wg Magic pendant which I would have to order! :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone looked at the back of the pave motifs? Does that texture bother anyone. It’s been bugging me a bit in photos but I wonder if it would bug me in real life since it’s not a macro shot I would be looking at?!
It doesn’t bother me if it’s a pendant that stays on one side. A bracelet might.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the look of the single row perlee bangle, but that’s just me. You’ve mentioned before that you recently preferred lighter weight accessories on your wrist due to health issues. Was there a significant difference in weight when you tried them on? Both look great on you.
I’m leaning more toward dainty too. But I may regret not going for the more substantial piece. The signature is not very heavy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I have ordered the Magic wg/onyx long necklace that @DorotheaBrooke posted above! :appl:It is in NEW condition, and I save 15%, so it seemed worth ordering (and it has a return policy if I don't like it for any reason). It's pretty amazing that she happened to post right after I said that was the piece I wanted to buy! So I think it must be meant to be!

Thanks to my VCA buddies for encouragement to take the chance on ordering it! One of them even checked with her boutique sales person to verify that VCA will work on a piece that is bought second hand as long as it has the certificate. I never look at VCA second hand because I want new condition and am afraid of fakes, but I know this particular site is trustworthy and good at authentification. So saving a little money just gives me more toward my next piece(s) for Christmas and anniversary! I want to buy while prices are down. I just wasn't so tempted after the last increase.

I am sure I won't ever have a large collection of VCA, but I will hopefully get to enjoy a few select pieces!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I have ordered the Magic wg/onyx long necklace that @DorotheaBrooke posted above! :appl:It is in NEW condition, and I save 15%, so it seemed worth ordering (and it has a return policy if I don't like it for any reason). It's pretty amazing that she happened to post right after I said that was the piece I wanted to buy! So I think it must be meant to be!

Thanks to my VCA buddies for encouragement to take the chance on ordering it! One of them even checked with her boutique sales person to verify that VCA will work on a piece that is bought second hand as long as it has the certificate. I never look at VCA second hand because I want new condition and am afraid of fakes, but I know this particular site is trustworthy and good at authentification. So saving a little money just gives me more toward my next piece(s) for Christmas and anniversary! I want to buy while prices are down. I just wasn't so tempted after the last increase.

I am sure I won't ever have a large collection of VCA, but I will hopefully get to enjoy a few select pieces!

Amazing!! Can't wait to see pictures once you get it! :dance:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am super excited @diamondseeker2006 I can’t wait until you receive it. I would love to see what you think.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

Oh yay, I'm so excited for you! I'd been checking the usual resale sites lately looking at Cartier pieces and taking a peek at VCA, too. I immediately thought of your discussion here when I saw the NYC pendant. I'm happy to have helped and hope it works out for you!

I need to ask if Cartier will service pieces that have a certificate but were not purchased directly through the boutique. I hadn't thought of that before buying my necklace.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am super excited @diamondseeker2006 I can’t wait until you receive it. I would love to see what you think.

Thanks so much for your help, and I will definitely give a first hand report when it comes!

Yay, diamondseeker! How exciting! I like your plan of the onyx pendant now and the MOP vintage bracelet later. They both look fantastic on you!

Thank you!!!

Oh yay, I'm so excited for you! I'd been checking the usual resale sites lately looking at Cartier pieces and taking a peek at VCA, too. I immediately thought of your discussion here when I saw the NYC pendant. I'm happy to have helped and hope it works out for you!

I need to ask if Cartier will service pieces that have a certificate but were not purchased directly through the boutique. I hadn't thought of that before buying my necklace.

Thanks so much for your help! That's just amazing you saw that and actually posted it here! I never expected to find a new piece second hand, so it was perfect timing! Yours probably could be rhodium plated anywhere. I am just more concerned about my necklace due to the onyx in case it was ever damaged, and I don't want another jeweler to accidentally damage the onyx, either. But hopefully Cartier will also service pieces that have the certificate.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My boutique corrected my pronunciation of Alhambra. Hope you all are pronouncing it correctly when requesting to see pieces in person.
next time I am near one, I will be going in ... exactly how am I supposed to pronounce it?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Can't wait to see pictures!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
next time I am near one, I will be going in ... exactly how am I supposed to pronounce it?

You know, I thought I was saying it right and I just listened to a pronunciation and it is a little different than I thought! This one pronounces the middle syllable as "ham". I did think it was pronounced "hom". Thankfully I don't think I have said it to a sales person, or if I did, they didn't correct me! @hathalove

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh amazing!!! My magic onyx yg single motif pendant is hands down one of my most used VCA pieces! I wear it all the time, and even is the only piece of jewelry I take with me on vacations! You will love and enjoy it for years to come!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know, I thought I was saying it right and I just listened to a pronunciation and it is a little different than I thought! This one pronounces the middle syllable as "ham". I did think it was pronounced "hom". Thankfully I don't think I have said it to a sales person, or if I did, they didn't correct me! @hathalove

I pronounce it exactly like in the audio clip! But I guess the ‘al’ part comes naturally to me since I grew up in Dubai and speak some Arabic. Also I learnt to speak British English, since India was a colony, so we use deep A’s frequently.
I imagine it would be pronounced like it’s namesake in Spain? @hathalove how do you say it?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent my Frivole earrings to be loosened as they hurt when they’re on my ear lobes. I was thinking of getting the Frivole btf yg ring when I go and pick up my earrings, but a friend of mine recently got the pave version and it looks AMAZING on her. Gahhh.

On another note, my lovely SA sent me beautiful flowers on my birthday with a lovely note!

C2ED5198-5CB1-4C50-9F9C-BD2F57D8C75F.jpeg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

@diamondseeker2006 @kama_s Actually I think you were right except with a silent H and make sure you’re doing the French r. I’m never good at phonetic spellings but “al om bra” not ham. Which is funny because I did study French in college and did a study abroad in France. Dijon France to be exact. So I should know but I didn’t. Lol. I wonder if I can find a recording like yours DS.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I sent my Frivole earrings to be loosened as they hurt when they’re on my ear lobes. I was thinking of getting the Frivole btf yg ring when I go and pick up my earrings, but a friend of mine recently got the pave version and it looks AMAZING on her. Gahhh.

On another note, my lovely SA sent me beautiful flowers on my birthday with a lovely note!

C2ED5198-5CB1-4C50-9F9C-BD2F57D8C75F.jpeg

These are lovely! Perks of working with a lovely boutique.

It Pave is within reach you grab and don’t look back. It is stunning! Gah!!!!! Can you please take lots of pics and then post here! Of both of you try them both on again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results