shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHy did you guys have to bring up Tiffany? It’s been a long while since I’ve fallen in love with anything there. But it happened this weekend! (It’s scary how on the same wavelength we are!) :lol-2:

I’ve been wanting a pair of hoops forever but it’s been impossible to find one that is light enough, doesn’t turn sideways, and covers my ugly piercings. I’ve been searching since I got ears pierced four years ago. Nothing until now.
I almost bought a pair of Lana hoops cause they are so light but then I stumbled on these Elsa Peretti gold hoops. They tick all the boxes except they’re $1600. For plain gold hoops. Still deciding but leaning toward yes. The last significant piece I bought from Tiffany was about 20 years ago. Btw the SA and pretty young girl was wearing the Victoria earrings and it was beautiful on her.

That diamond is a spot of genius. Perfect to cover slight piercing stretching!!
Those little details... the sorts of things that perfect a piece ::)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180918_172327.jpg
How d'you feel about the new Perlee pave vs. the pave Love?
Curious! :cool2:

I prefer the pave Love, relatively speaking! The pave Love is more blingy, more glamourous, more distinctive. But I also love the new pave Perlee, not least bc it's about half of the price of the Love. I think it's a good option to have for people for whom the small Perlee Clover is a little too tight.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180918_172327.jpg

I prefer the pave Love, relatively speaking! The pave Love is more blingy, more glamourous, more distinctive. But I also love the new pave Perlee, not least bc it's about half of the price of the Love. I think it's a good option to have for people for whom the small Perlee Clover is a little too tight.
Yah. That LOVE looks absolutely fantastic on you. It just does.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D1EE3C74-0239-496D-AA4A-5B0894838463.jpeg DDD12CAE-6475-4446-9A28-D793A62EF2F7.jpeg 7587288F-328D-4867-8857-CF803D32EF6C.jpeg D33670CE-C6FA-4FE5-9521-9FE33E323619.jpeg 424F7D4C-8FD5-4B1E-B555-DC1EBB59FC5C.jpeg C1A7F61B-80B5-4334-878E-E70F63AAF805.jpeg DB554AE1-191B-4E5E-87F1-5F18B9D8C911.jpeg
Had a therapy day. Went to try stuff on just to update The List. New skinny JUC is going on it. Really like it compared to the bigger old one. Way more proportional and super light and easy to wear. So comfortable. This one is moving up The List.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Played around with the idea of 20 motifs. Surprisingly I really love the chalcedony in the 20.
I think it can very casual.
These are chalcedony, onyx and letterwood which is actually really cool. Chalcedony is the priciest at $18k. The rest are $13-14 I think.
B3293769-C4FC-47BB-B9B2-6D8114C8DBAF.jpeg 25395791-6B0E-4841-AE0A-686CD28284DE.jpeg 1CC0D755-352B-4FCA-91CC-6549FE432464.jpeg 7AB36E03-E8E2-4487-923B-60F86F823F98.jpeg 288179E9-1C7A-4F79-8DB4-49F3031B4599.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok update to list:
Skinny JUC - waiting for it in white gold
Tiffany hoops
White gold signature bangle
Turquoise butterfly pendant
Blue agate bracelet
WG and onyx 20 motif or chalcedony 20 motif

Maybe sell my Love Cuff?

Last edited:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
D1EE3C74-0239-496D-AA4A-5B0894838463.jpeg DDD12CAE-6475-4446-9A28-D793A62EF2F7.jpeg 7587288F-328D-4867-8857-CF803D32EF6C.jpeg D33670CE-C6FA-4FE5-9521-9FE33E323619.jpeg 424F7D4C-8FD5-4B1E-B555-DC1EBB59FC5C.jpeg C1A7F61B-80B5-4334-878E-E70F63AAF805.jpeg DB554AE1-191B-4E5E-87F1-5F18B9D8C911.jpeg
Had a therapy day. Went to try stuff on just to update The List. New skinny JUC is going on it. Really like it compared to the bigger old one. Way more proportional and super light and easy to wear. So comfortable. This one is moving up The List.

I really like the thin JUC on you. I think it goes well with the Love. When you sell your cuff, will you eventually get a classic Love or will the signature bangle replace it? I like the look of layering.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So since none of us have self control or patience I may have also visited a certain boutique several times this week. :mrgreen2::lol-2::whistle: Actually @LLJsmom I tried on the new thin JUC too. I thought it was great but maybe not great on me. It has popped on and off the list all week! lol It does look great on you. Looks great with the 10 diamond love for sure! I also think it works with the classic too.

I am on ban island right now with poor reception! lol Will try and post some pics soonish.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting the pics, @LLJsmom. I'd been aware of the introduction of the thin JUC, and was wanting to go see it but wasn't feeling that great. So I went home quickly after having purchased the Onyx pendant, even though VCA and Cartier are practically next to each other in the mall.

I am loving the thin JUC in RG. It's very tempting indeed. You know what? I'm also loving the white gold Love wt diamonds - I wish it were easier to put on and take off. I find myself missing the WG Love from time to time, and now especially seeing that pic you posted.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the thin JUC on you. I think it goes well with the Love. When you sell your cuff, will you eventually get a classic Love or will the signature bangle replace it? I like the look of layering.
Hi @eh613c, I am not sure if I will get a love replacement. The sharp edge that I like so much scrapes against my nerve on my right hand, and I'm not sure I will wear it on my left because I am wearing a watch, and I love my light plastic swatch. (I am tempted by the thin white gold love with diamonds. I am also tempted by the skinny pave love, but that is way out of my price range. $22K. My constant paranoia about scratching them kinda takes the joy out of wearing it. I think the JUC will hide scratches more. I hope it will. But before I buy anything, I need to wait for my WG and onyx alhambra to come in because how I wear that will affect the next piece.
I do have to say the signature bangle is quite comfortable, compared to the love bracelets, and the perlee d'or. The only thing that is more comfy is the skinny JUC. I swear I forget I even have it on.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So since none of us have self control or patience I may have also visited a certain boutique several times this week. :mrgreen2::lol-2::whistle: Actually @LLJsmom I tried on the new thin JUC too. I thought it was great but maybe not great on me. It has popped on and off the list all week! lol It does look great on you. Looks great with the 10 diamond love for sure! I also think it works with the classic too.

I am on ban island right now with poor reception! lol Will try and post some pics soonish.
Ban island. OMG. That is where I should be too. I haven't even finished paying for my Alhambra. :roll2: You are the one who mentioned the skinny JUC, my fellow enabler. :Up_to_something: I was so hoping I wouldn't like it. I'm pinning this JUC on you. :lol-2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting the pics, @LLJsmom. I'd been aware of the introduction of the thin JUC, and was wanting to go see it but wasn't feeling that great. So I went home quickly after having purchased the Onyx pendant, even though VCA and Cartier are practically next to each other in the mall.

I am loving the thin JUC in RG. It's very tempting indeed. You know what? I'm also loving the white gold Love wt diamonds - I wish it were easier to put on and take off. I find myself missing the WG Love from time to time, and now especially seeing that pic you posted.
Will you like such a thin and light JUC? I can see why some people who own the original wouldn't like it. When I put it on, it felt like a fun piece, like I wouldn't stress that much about it. The WG with diamonds has a hinge and you just lock it with a screwdriver. Isn't that easier than the original full love? Please let us see if you get a piece! And report back how often you are wearing your onyx. I almost bought it for my mom today.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ban island. OMG. That is where I should be too. I haven't even finished paying for my Alhambra. :roll2: You are the one who mentioned the skinny JUC, my fellow enabler. :Up_to_something: I was so hoping I wouldn't like it. I'm pinning this JUC on you. :lol-2:

Haha! Was I :cool2: Oops. Well isn’t it sweet?! It is super light weight. I think that my biggest problem is that it is a bit much with my loves. It’s like too much. I tried the pave thin too. Not in my budget either but fun to try on. I actually thought the JUC looked best on me alone. With nothing else on...

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Everyone has seen this one by now. I’m a bit late to the Alhambra party. It’s absolutely beautiful in person. So happy to add this to my collection. Feeling a little extra lucky since they are celebrating their 50th anniversary and I am picking this up the same year.

Shall we with the photos?

617B3DE1-6615-478B-81DA-B973E038C69F.jpeg 5DDCB3BF-D618-4997-AA2B-E520B4438CD3.jpeg
0E82C15E-6117-4A6A-8831-F2FDE49D2A05.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you like such a thin and light JUC? I can see why some people who own the original wouldn't like it. When I put it on, it felt like a fun piece, like I wouldn't stress that much about it. The WG with diamonds has a hinge and you just lock it with a screwdriver. Isn't that easier than the original full love? Please let us see if you get a piece! And report back how often you are wearing your onyx. I almost bought it for my mom today.

Ah of course! I thought, fleetingly, that it might have been a thin Love, but wasn't sure. I love the original/ classic Love a wee bit more than the thin's. But I must say, having had a plain thin Love in RG, that it's much less of a hassle to put on. I shall need to try the new thin JUC to see how I feel.

Will def report back on the Onyx pendant. I've been wearing it non-stop since purchasing it yesterday. It's so light and comfy (I usually don't like the feel of anything around my neck, esp when I go to sleep). My SA has told me, however, that none of the VCA stones is meant to be worn when you shower, go swimming etc. I suspect your mom would love it too.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hathalove, I love love love the Onyx bracelet on you. I originally went to the boutique with the intention of purchasing the bracelet. However, when it was actually on me, it seemed really big - weird that! So, that's when I tried on the pendant and fell in love with it straightaway.

It looks sooo beautiful on you! I am jealous! haha

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, @hathalove!!!!! Your bracelet reminds me how good the onyx looks in yg! I have basically today to decide whether to keep or send back the wg Magic necklace!!!:errrr:

@LLJsmom That chalcedony looks dreamy on you! Love it!

It doesn't seem like you're fully in love DS, so I'd honestly send it back ;( I know it's a difficult choice especially because it's gorgeous and looks great on you, but if your heart/mind isn't there then the cost savings shouldn't matter at all because you could put the whole amount towards something you do really love and have no doubts about (like many other pieces in your collection).

ETA: If you read my above post and automatically think "NO! I'd be too sad to part with it" or "I can't live without it" then completely disregard and you have your answer! But the hesitation would say it all in my book and you don't want to make a costly mistake.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi @eh613c, I am not sure if I will get a love replacement. The sharp edge that I like so much scrapes against my nerve on my right hand, and I'm not sure I will wear it on my left because I am wearing a watch, and I love my light plastic swatch. (I am tempted by the thin white gold love with diamonds. I am also tempted by the skinny pave love, but that is way out of my price range. $22K. My constant paranoia about scratching them kinda takes the joy out of wearing it. I think the JUC will hide scratches more. I hope it will. But before I buy anything, I need to wait for my WG and onyx alhambra to come in because how I wear that will affect the next piece.
I do have to say the signature bangle is quite comfortable, compared to the love bracelets, and the perlee d'or. The only thing that is more comfy is the skinny JUC. I swear I forget I even have it on.

I can’t wait to see your WG onyx bracelet!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hathalove
That onyx looks really beautiful on you. Makes you whole arm glow. Congratulations!! And with the frivole, it’s just lovely. :kiss2: Be back later to ogle some more

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It doesn't seem like you're fully in love DS, so I'd honestly send it back ;( I know it's a difficult choice especially because it's gorgeous and looks great on you, but if your heart/mind isn't there then the cost savings shouldn't matter at all because you could put the whole amount towards something you do really love and have no doubts about (like many other pieces in your collection).

ETA: If you read my above post and automatically think "NO! I'd be too sad to part with it" or "I can't live without it" then completely disregard and you have your answer! But the hesitation would say it all in my book and you don't want to make a costly mistake.

Totally agree! DS if you’re having second thoughts you should use the funds that you know you will wear more often.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am afraid you are right. I have thought about that, and while I do really like it VERY much, I am not sure I love it to the point of not being able to let it go. I already have a 36" platinum DBTY and another longer station necklace in white gold that I wear with the DBTY. I usually wear a shorter pendant with those. So it's not like I really NEED a long wg pendant. In addition, I have a little guilt because Caysie is making me two platinum diamond pendants right now. It should have been just one for my family diamond, but it ended up being two projects with one extra diamond purchased!!! (lol, will tell that tale when I post them!) That's not including the 2 ct light yellow AVR ring I got earlier this year. So I just think I would feel better spacing out my purchases a little. I get carried away with VCA. I do intend to get a couple more things, but maybe I will get one of the bracelets I want for Christmas. Plus, I do want to see what the last 50th anniversary special pieces are!

I really appreciate everyone's encouragement and helping me keep grounded at the same time. My tag line used to be, "when in doubt, don't", and I need to remind myself of that often!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@hathalove, I love love love the Onyx bracelet on you. I originally went to the boutique with the intention of purchasing the bracelet. However, when it was actually on me, it seemed really big - weird that! So, that's when I tried on the pendant and fell in love with it straightaway.

It looks sooo beautiful on you! I am jealous! haha

Thank you! I love it. What was big about it on you? The motifs or just the size of the actual bracelet which can make things seem bigger than they really are maybe? I do really love the pendant too. I could see myself picking that one up in the future! It’s beautiful on you:kiss2:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh, @hathalove!!!!! Your bracelet reminds me how good the onyx looks in yg! I have basically today to decide whether to keep or send back the wg Magic necklace!!!:errrr:

@LLJsmom That chalcedony looks dreamy on you! Love it!

Thank you @diamondseeker2006 you already know how much I have been enjoying it and it’s only been about 24 hours! Lol. It’s official I jumped on the Alhambra train! They gave me this cute little pack of cards they call a story. Beautiful images with history on the back. So cute!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@hathalove
That onyx looks really beautiful on you. Makes you whole arm glow. Congratulations!! And with the frivole, it’s just lovely. :kiss2: Be back later to ogle some more

Thank you! It does! Add the sunset and woah the glow. I wasn’t sure how I would like wearing it with the frivole but it works. It keeps it a bit relaxed too which works great for my lifestyle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results