shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just called the nyc boutique to inquire about the blue agate pieces that should be coming out in October/ November. Get this, essentially.
Don’t know exact date of release.
When they get it, it will not be presented to the general public.
There is a waiting list already. To get on it you need to deposit $10,000. Then you might be allowed to purchase it. If you don’t, they are generous enough to let you have the $10,000 back.
They only sell it as a set. Bracelet and necklace.
They don’t know the total price.
And wait. The waiting list might be closed.

OMG. As much as I love VCA...SERIOUSLY?

The minute VCA starts playing Hermes' games... that's the minute I'm out. I find Hermes' sales & status tactics repellent, and this is starting to sound awfully similar :roll2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The minute VCA starts playing Hermes' games... that's the minute I'm out. I find Hermes' sales & status tactics repellent, and this is starting to sound awfully similar :roll2:
I think this is when having a good SA makes a big difference. And yeah, I feel the same way. :roll2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think it’s the snotty nyc store that doesn’t want to sell to another coast.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I remembering reading somewhere that VCA already does this with their rarer stones such as turquoise, that it was only offered to vip customers. I, for one, refuse to buy stuff that I don't really want, just so I can be granted 'privilege' to buy what I actually wanted, but I do believe that production for those pieces are low, as they are hard to find on the resell market even. But I find it hard to believe that production for Hermes bags are THAT low, as the resell market is FLOODED with them.

Last edited:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Played around with the idea of 20 motifs. Surprisingly I really love the chalcedony in the 20.
I think it can very casual.
These are chalcedony, onyx and letterwood which is actually really cool. Chalcedony is the priciest at $18k. The rest are $13-14 I think.
B3293769-C4FC-47BB-B9B2-6D8114C8DBAF.jpeg 25395791-6B0E-4841-AE0A-686CD28284DE.jpeg 1CC0D755-352B-4FCA-91CC-6549FE432464.jpeg 7AB36E03-E8E2-4487-923B-60F86F823F98.jpeg 288179E9-1C7A-4F79-8DB4-49F3031B4599.jpeg
Both the 10 and 20 motif chalcedony looks AMAZING on you!!! It's weird, but I don't remember being that impressed with the single motif chalcedony, it looked a bit 'washed out' on me. Or maybe it has to be paired with a darker colored shirt? :think: I'm going to wear dark blue next time and try it on again! :P2

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both the 10 and 20 motif chalcedony looks AMAZING on you!!! It's weird, but I don't remember being that impressed with the single motif chalcedony, it looked a bit 'washed out' on me. Or maybe it has to be paired with a darker colored shirt? :think: I'm going to wear dark blue next time and try it on again! :P2
. Thank you @CareBear
There isn’t a 10 motif actually. I showed just a part of the 20. I swear I never liked chalcedony but for some reason I changed my mind that day. If I was going to get a 20 motif, I want one I can wear casually and I think this is possible with the chalcedony. Or maybe the onyx and white gold. But I just have to be patient and wait to see how I feel about mynonyx and WG bracelet.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remembering reading somewhere that VCA already does this with their rarer stones such as turquoise, that it was only offered to vip customers. I, for one, refuse to buy stuff that I don't really want, just so I can be granted 'privilege' to buy what I actually wanted, but I do believe that production for those pieces are low, as they are hard to find on the resell market even. But I find it hard to believe that production for Hermes bags are THAT low, as the resell market is FLOODED with them.
Hmmm, yes, Hermes net profits last year were €1.2 billion, they must be selling a LOT of bags somewhere! The VCA group were similar. I still don’t understand why VCA can’t offer stones like turquoise and lapis more freely, plenty of other retailers do (even Blue Nile).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Sleeping Beauty turquoise mine is no longer producing, so they do not have access to a large enough quantity of turquoise to have it in their regular line now. So that is why limited amounts are produced, and only the best customers get that option to buy. It's a legitimate shortage of turquoise. Same with lapis...it comes from Afghanistan. The quality of what BN offers just isn't the same quality of VCA. A lot of the less expensive turquoise jewelry out there is reconsituted or fake.

I read elsewhere that the blue agate supply was not coming in as expected, so the release of those will be delayed. I am not surprised that there are waiting lists. I think some people just have a desire to get limited pieces (or get them first) for reasons of pride. Thankfully, I'd be fine with most of their pieces in the regular lines, so I am just not going to play that game. Also, I like the traditional solid gold bracelet that I have better than the guilloche. Not to mention, mine is $1000 less!

Hermes has zero appeal to me, because there is no way I'd pay $20k for a purse even if I won the lottery. I'd worry far more about my purse being stolen, for one thing. But I'd never play the games, either.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to also report, lol, that I also tried on a new 3-row diamond pave Perlee bracelet in WG and it's GORGEOUS!! However, the sizing is weird! My SA told me that the one I tried on was the smallest one, but it's bigger than my Cartier pave WG+Onyx Love bracelet, which itself is bigger than my Small Perlee Clover.:think:

Ha, I did some more "research" online on the sizing. Apparently, VCA has now introduced a new size, a Small, which is what I tried on last week. The previously named Small size has now been re-named Extra Small or Very Small, which is the size of the Perlee Clover bracelet I have. I mentioned earlier I'd tried on the 3-row diamond pave Perlee bracelet, but it's actually 1-row (ie. 1 row of diamonds) vs the pricier alternating 3-row version. My SA is not well-informed, it appears.:roll

Last edited:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just called the nyc boutique to inquire about the blue agate pieces that should be coming out in October/ November. Get this, essentially.
Don’t know exact date of release.
When they get it, it will not be presented to the general public.
There is a waiting list already. To get on it you need to deposit $10,000. Then you might be allowed to purchase it. If you don’t, they are generous enough to let you have the $10,000 back.
They only sell it as a set. Bracelet and necklace.
They don’t know the total price.
And wait. The waiting list might be closed.

OMG. As much as I love VCA...SERIOUSLY?

What the what??` Insanity. And as for Hermès, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I actually find a lot of their designs to be kind of boring. This is probably a good thing.:lol:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, I did some more "research" online on the sizing. Apparently, VCA has now introduced a new size, a Small, which is what I tried on last week. The previously named Small size has now been re-named Extra Small or Very Small, which is the size of the Perlee Clover bracelet I have. I mentioned earlier I'd tried on the 3-row diamond pave Perlee bracelet, but it's actually 1-row (ie. 1 row of diamonds) vs the pricier alternating 3-row version. My SA is not well-informed, it appears.:roll

Now THAT is excellent information!! Thank you for sharing this @Phoenix!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ha! On another VCA discussion location, someone was saying there were bracelets on the site sized XS, M, and L. They said apparently the small was now called extra small but only three sizes. I said I thought it meant XS, and they were probably out of the smalls. They said, oh no! So really, I was right. They just hadn't listed the new small size yet. I knew good and well there weren't three sizes called XS, M, and L!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, @diamondseeker2006, this is what I read on another forum. 20180923_111256.jpg

(Mod, if this is against forum rules, pls remove).

Also, when I do a search on VCA US site, this is what I saw - both the VS and S models of the new 1 row Perlee pave bracelets:

https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...diamonds-bracelet-1-row-very-small-model.html

https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...rlee-diamonds-bracelet-1-row-small-model.html

I also know that the one I tried on a the boutique last week was larger than my previous S small Perlee Clover and larger than my pave Cartier Love.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read that, too, after you posted it @Phoenix. I think it is awesome that they are offerring 4 sizes!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad to hear there are now 3 sizes. I actually tried on the Clover diamond bracelet yesterday but took it off my list since I was between the Small and Medium size.The SA did not inform me there are now 3 sizes available. Now I just need to decide between RG or WG. I only wear platinum or wg.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My SA did tell me about the added size to the bangles. She said the current small was now xs and they were introducing a new small size. She didn’t know if they were going to make a new size that is between M and L which I would love. It is the reason I sold my perlee bangle. M ended up feeling too small and L was way way too big. Hopefully with all the changes there will end up being a xs s m l xl. Lol.

Happy Moon Festival to anyone who celebrates. Here’s some VCA moon cake and tea love from my sweet SA!

69388E84-5DBF-4028-8363-4CB855B7BF70.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hathalove, the moon cake and tea look yummy and beautiful too! I am jealous!:D

My SA didn't send me any. I guess it's bc my spending this year is a miserly (haha) pendant instead of all the stuff I bought before.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hathalove, the moon cake and tea look yummy and beautiful too! I am jealous!:D

My SA didn't send me any. I guess it's bc my spending this year is a miserly (haha) pendant instead of all the stuff I bought before.
Lol! If they were smart they would totally get you the New Years goodies.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am needing an intervention. I have been having a tough week. Worked though two weekends in a row. And now I desperately wanting to pick up a little something from VCA just as a pick me up. But if I do then I won’t be focusing on the more significant pieces that I want more. Help me not to spend $2k on something smaller. I have a chance to get a blue agate piece or maybe even a gold and carnelian piece exclusive to London. Argh!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time you look at the pick-me-up your first thought will be how much closer you could have been to one of the pieces you really want had you not splurged...

I am needing an intervention. I have been having a tough week. Worked though two weekends in a row. And now I desperately wanting to pick up a little something from VCA just as a pick me up. But if I do then I won’t be focusing on the more significant pieces that I want more. Help me not to spend $2k on something smaller. I have a chance to get a blue agate piece or maybe even a gold and carnelian piece exclusive to London. Argh!!!

That help? ;)2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, how about transferring that money that you're itching to spend into an account that you cannot touch/ that is difficult to touch, at least til you can buy what your heart really desires?

(I've done this with the funds I am putting aside for upgrading Holly, or buying something major. I failed a little - with the purchase of the onyx pendant - but most of the funds remain untouched).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m debating on blue agate or carnelian and gold. I am actually loving the idea of carnelian and gold. I stare at my little sweet bracelet all the time and just love it. I am trying not to blow it on a turquoise butterfly pendant and get this bracelet first.
AF1523EA-F0B6-4DE7-AEAC-EAD795AE9545.jpeg
19BD73E8-CC73-43EA-AB59-AFE31463A6D2.jpeg 7E37B5E0-9BFB-4B22-84CF-B59ECAB5ED01.png 0D01EA93-AE9F-4058-B094-143D7C23D329.png 7372014C-8E55-446F-BA5C-E60150953347.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time you look at the pick-me-up your first thought will be how much closer you could have been to one of the pieces you really want had you not splurged...

That help? ;)2
RIGHT!!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, how about transferring that money that you're itching to spend into an account that you cannot touch/ that is difficult to touch, at least til you can buy what your heart really desires?

(I've done this with the funds I am putting aside for upgrading Holly, or buying something major. I failed a little - with the purchase of the onyx pendant - but most of the funds remain untouched).

YES!! Ok will do.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was just about to suggest the same thing as @Phoenix - in some ways it seems like such a silly thing that a mature adult shouldn’t have to make herself do, but it really does help me!

I’ve noticed that I’m excellent about finding ways to “pay myself back” after an overly-indulgent purchase. I can scrimp and save like a pro... after the fact. If I was even half as imaginative and industrious before the fact, well, I’d have just bought the darn grail twice over. Whatever the grail is! So now I put “grail piece” funds into a separate account, and when I’m feeling the urge to window shop, I take whatever I’m contemplating spending and dump it into that other account - and the glee in seeing the higher number usually assuages the urge to buy. Usually. LOL.

Those YG/carnelian pieces are TDF!!!!! OMG, those are dream pieces :love:

Re. the agate - how d’you feel about having bracelets in two different shades of blue? :cool2:

This is easy @LLJsmom! The turquoise pendant is pretty much always available... it’s certainly easier to source than these. Either of these is an only-once sort of opportunity!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was just about to suggest the same thing as @Phoenix - in some ways it seems like such a silly thing that a mature adult shouldn’t have to make herself do, but it really does help me!

I’ve noticed that I’m excellent about finding ways to “pay myself back” after an overly-indulgent purchase. I can scrimp and save like a pro... after the fact. If I was even half as imaginative and industrious before the fact, well, I’d have just bought the darn grail twice over. Whatever the grail is! So now I put “grail piece” funds into a separate account, and when I’m feeling the urge to window shop, I take whatever I’m contemplating spending and dump it into that other account - and the glee in seeing the higher number usually assuages the urge to buy. Usually. LOL.

Re. the agate - how d’you feel about having bracelets in two different shades of blue? :cool2:

This is easy @LLJsmom! The turquoise pendant is pretty much always available... it’s certainly easier to source than these. Either of these is an only-once sort of opportunity!!

Ditto every word!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He gold and carnelian feels a little fancier and the agate more casual. I’m not supposed to spend this much on bracelets but if an opportunity to buy these comes up I don’t want to pass. Purely just by style I think I like the gold and carnelian more but I really want something blue from VCA. I considered the five motif carnelian but I would prefer the one with two gold motifs. And I’m considering a white mop and white gold to wear with my onyx and WG bracelet.:roll2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA: Personally, I prefer the Carnelian, esp if you can find a brighter shade of red. But if you wear a lot of blues, then maybe the agate?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok RIGHT!! No touching that other account.
What do you mean two bracelets of different blues?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results