shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He gold and carnelian feels a little fancier and the agate more casual. I’m not supposed to spend this much on bracelets but if an opportunity to buy these comes up I don’t want to pass. Purely just by style I think I like the gold and carnelian more but I really want something blue from VCA. I considered the five motif carnelian but I would prefer the one with two gold motifs. And I’m considering a white mop and white gold to wear with my onyx and WG bracelet.:roll2:

I too think the gold + carnelian is more striking. And I would also like something blue from VCA - been thinking Lapis. Would you consider the Lapis + diamond 5 motif bracelet? I think you'd have to special order that one to.

VCA_Lapis & Diamond in YG.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not much help because I’m completely biased - the YG/carnelian combo is just out of this world gorgeous. Such a rich, classic, royal, old-world combination...

The agate is def more casual though! I meant your turoquise Sweet - would you wear them together? Could be a really eye catching “casual” combo!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit - You could also buy both and figure out which you gravitate to IRL later... I’m very confident you wouldn’t have much trouble selling either one at cost. Assuming you don’t decide to just keep both. :whistle:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So get the hard to source ones first right? Only makes sense...
The carnelian and gold I could possibly get in November when a good friend is going to London. I just hope they have it in stock. The gold and carnelian is so beautiful that I’m even tempted by the 20 motif. What am I thinking???

The blue agate is just what I can ordernow. They will get it sometime in 2019, but I am not sure when I would get delivery. It would require 50% deposit.

And then maybe I would want a 20 motif onyx and WG.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So get the hard to source ones first right? Only makes sense...
The carnelian and gold I could possibly get in November when a good friend is going to London. I just hope they have it in stock. The gold and carnelian is so beautiful that I’m even tempted by the 20 motif. What am I thinking???

The blue agate is just what I can ordernow. They will get it sometime in 2019, but I am not sure when I would get delivery. It would require 50% deposit.

And then maybe I would want a 20 motif onyx and WG.
I’m losing my mind. :roll:eek2::confused2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least it’s going to happy places? :bigsmile:

No way to reserve internationally? :(sad

I may actually try to do that. Is that crazy? I will call them before the visit and see if they even have any. oh dear. Got to revise my list again.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, but I’ll bet your newly-revised list doesn’t have the butterfly pendant at the top :halo:
So... :bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The carnelian and gold I could possibly get in November when a good friend is going to London. I just hope they have it in stock. The gold and carnelian is so beautiful that I’m even tempted by the 20 motif. What am I thinking???.

You know you'd have to pay an extra 20% in VAT (sales tax)? Your friend could claim some of it back but not all. They really scr*w you. That is, unless you are ok with paying this premium (which it in effect would be), to get the piece you really want.

[I am totally being an accountant here, lol].

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know you'd have to pay an extra 20% in VAT (sales tax)? Your friend could claim some of it back but not all. They really scr*w you. That is, unless you are ok with paying this premium (which it in effect would be), to get the piece you really want.

[I am totally being an accountant here, lol].
Good point. I don’t know the net price for a nonresident. I would be willing to pay the VAT since I will get some of it back. The refund process is a bit of a hassle.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it says you can pre-book an appt at the VAT refund office, which would save the hassle of a long wait, or potentially no one being there @LLJsmom

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First observation. This thread is really really bad for me. I’ve been trying to hang out elsewhere and well...boring! Here I am trying not to. Not to what you ask? Not to anything! :eek2::cool2:

Definitely keep your eye on the prize @LLJsmom November is right around the corner. I will say that I love my SAs attitude when I am so torn and wondering if I should get this or that etc... she always says I think it’s more about what you would like to add to the collection first. When I think on this...Sure you may only be able to do one for a while but when has that ever been it?! Sometimes I feel so extreme when thinking of wants and probably because of their very high price tag but money flows in and out and back in again so it’s never been the END. I have a feeling you’ll end up owning that little butterfly necklace. Will it be now or later? People really discouraged the little frivole bracelet and honestly every time I look at it lifts me up. My point is I thought it was going to say delay my onyx and well the energy changed again and boom.

I’ve also noticed that wants change and what’s being offered changes along with it. If you miss carnelian for whatever reason, no stock, friend didn’t have time, you can’t make it to London yourself...there will be something else. Probably even more amazing. There is so much amazing in the world. Don’t stress! You are doing fabulous. November is right here:kiss2:

PS. I tried on Carnelian too when I tried on the onyx and it was so beautiful. Now I want a five motif or the little sweet Alhambra which they have back in stock! My friend ordered the little Alhambra and it is the perfect bright red. Couldn’t believe her luck. It’s red!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too think the gold + carnelian is more striking. And I would also like something blue from VCA - been thinking Lapis. Would you consider the Lapis + diamond 5 motif bracelet? I think you'd have to special order that one to.

VCA_Lapis & Diamond in YG.jpg
Sorry @Phoenix missed this message. It’s such a stunner and a holy grail piece. It’s so fancy though! I couldn’t wear it too much. Would you get this or would you go for an all diamond piece?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it says you can pre-book an appt at the VAT refund office, which would save the hassle of a long wait, or potentially no one being there @LLJsmom
Thank you @Austina It would never have occurred to me that an appt would be available. It’s a great idea. Thanks!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First observation. This thread is really really bad for me. I’ve been trying to hang out elsewhere and well...boring! Here I am trying not to. Not to what you ask? Not to anything! :eek2::cool2:

Definitely keep your eye on the prize @LLJsmom November is right around the corner. I will say that I love my SAs attitude when I am so torn and wondering if I should get this or that etc... she always says I think it’s more about what you would like to add to the collection first. When I think on this...Sure you may only be able to do one for a while but when has that ever been it?! Sometimes I feel so extreme when thinking of wants and probably because of their very high price tag but money flows in and out and back in again so it’s never been the END. I have a feeling you’ll end up owning that little butterfly necklace. Will it be now or later? People really discouraged the little frivole bracelet and honestly every time I look at it lifts me up. My point is I thought it was going to say delay my onyx and well the energy changed again and boom.

I’ve also noticed that wants change and what’s being offered changes along with it. If you miss carnelian for whatever reason, no stock, friend didn’t have time, you can’t make it to London yourself...there will be something else. Probably even more amazing. There is so much amazing in the world. Don’t stress! You are doing fabulous. November is right here:kiss2:

PS. I tried on Carnelian too when I tried on the onyx and it was so beautiful. Now I want a five motif or the little sweet Alhambra which they have back in stock! My friend ordered the little Alhambra and it is the perfect bright red. Couldn’t believe her luck. It’s red!
Yes it is about keeping the eye on the prize. If the carnelian and gold isn’t available i can get the butterfly still. I do want those pieces in my collection first. Gotta stay focused. And I know what you mean about just looking on your wrist and getting a total pick me up. That’s how I feel when I look at my carnelian sweet. It is just so pretty. The workmanship is so refined. I just love VCA more and more. I went from never even considering anything other than diamonds to wanting nothing but color. It is just a huge pick me up. I am more in love everyday.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom What I read elsewhere was that all of the pieces of the carnelian/gold motif bracelets (and maybe all pieces period) at Selfridges were more brownish and not deep red. That's going to be a very dangerous thing to let someone else pick out especially when you really can't return it. I'd love to have one, though. I like the solid gold motifs with the stones.

I find it very frustrating for all these desirable pieces (especially the lapis) to be available in select locations in Europe and not here. I do think I read that the lapis diamond pieces were sold out, but I'd double check on that.

I lean toward getting the blue agate, but it would be my third choice after turquoise and lapis. What is the price going to be on those bracelets?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @Phoenix missed this message. It’s such a stunner and a holy grail piece. It’s so fancy though! I couldn’t wear it too much. Would you get this or would you go for an all diamond piece?

In an ideal world, I'd like both. lol

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom What I read elsewhere was that all of the pieces of the carnelian/gold motif bracelets (and maybe all pieces period) at Selfridges were more brownish and not deep red. That's going to be a very dangerous thing to let someone else pick out especially when you really can't return it.

@LLJsmom - There’s a chance I’ll be near the VCA New Bond Street store and Selfridges in London for a meeting this week. I’m happy to pop in and see if they have any of the carnelian/gold bracelets and take some pics for you if so.

I know colour is hard to read in photos, but at least if the tone doesn’t appeal it may help you finesse a plan sooner rather than later, rather than obsessing for a month or two longer until your friend travels here?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom - There’s a chance I’ll be near the VCA New Bond Street store and Selfridges in London for a meeting this week. I’m happy to pop in and see if they have any of the carnelian/gold bracelets and take some pics for you if so.

I know colour is hard to read in photos, but at least if the tone doesn’t appeal it may help you finesse a plan sooner rather than later, rather than obsessing for a month or two longer until your friend travels here?
@lissyflo I would be so grateful if you could! I am trying to figure out which Selfridge has the carnelian and gold VCA. Maybe even the boutique on Bond Street would have it too? Pics would be awesome as well. Thank you so much!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo I would be so grateful if you could! I am trying to figure out which Selfridge has the carnelian and gold VCA. Maybe even the boutique on Bond Street would have it too? Pics would be awesome as well. Thank you so much!

Will do. It also gives me an excuse to try on perlee rings, which this thread has left me lusting after!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will do. It also gives me an excuse to try on perlee rings, which this thread has left me lusting after!
Exactly. Trust me. I'm dying for another small perlee, in rose or yellow gold. But I'm trying to stay focused.
Thank you for also mentioning the color of the carnelian. Can you note the type of red you see, and whether the red varies between each piece? Also, do you mind trying on a 20 motif if they have one, and pics too? I am just imagining the 20 motif would be a classic piece I can wear when my kids get married. Am I crazy? I should just accept that I am. :roll2: I really appreciate it. Thanks so much for offering. As you can see, I'm taking full advantage of it. :twisted2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gold and carnelian alternating motifs is a Selfridge's exclusive.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Exactly. Trust me. I'm dying for another small perlee, in rose or yellow gold. But I'm trying to stay focused.
Thank you for also mentioning the color of the carnelian. Can you note the type of red you see, and whether the red varies between each piece? Also, do you mind trying on a 20 motif if they have one, and pics too? I am just imagining the 20 motif would be a classic piece I can wear when my kids get married. Am I crazy? I should just accept that I am. :roll2: I really appreciate it. Thanks so much for offering. As you can see, I'm taking full advantage of it. :twisted2:

No problem at all. I’ll definitely get an idea of how consistent the colour is for you and try to describe it.

And you’re not crazy - there’s absolutely nothing wrong with knowing and wanting exactly what you like, especially at VCA prices!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I ended up needing to be in town this morning, so popped into Selfridges. I'm afraid the special edition alternating carnelian and gold station bracelets are sold out. There was a run of around 100 and they sold out within 5 or 6 weeks (with no plans for any more to be released). The good news (although possibly not for your wallet!) is that there was an even smaller run of the alternating carnelian/gold station necklaces (I think the SA said 30 in total), but they do have a handful of those left at the moment. Selfridges are anticipating a lot of interest in them this week - there is a Chinese national holiday, so they're expecting large numbers of Chinese visitors to the shop.

I've attached some pics of the necklaces below. The SA chose two that were towards the extremes of the colour variation. I think the pics show about the same degree of variation between the colours that I saw IRL, but the browner toned one looks a little flatter in the pictures than it did in life (you can see it a little in some of the photos - it wasn't a flat, dull red/brown - there was almost a slight purple thrown in). The lighter one was a brighter, orange-leaning red. They were both attractive, but the brighter one in particular looked incredibly opulent against the solid gold stations. I loved both colours, but I know I'm unusual with coloured stones in that I do tend towards liking slightly darker, less vibrant colours sometimes as very bright colours can look garish against my pale skin.

Here's the pictures. For a skin-tone reference and how it affects the colours, the picture without the watch is my very pale, English skin. The one with the watch is the SA's arm who was Chinese. She thought I was crazy when I pulled out a red lego brick to photograph with them, but it was one thing I thought might be made to a very similar colour in England and the US and would give you something to benchmark the picture against! Doing the same with a specific colour of red lipstick possibly would have been a more chic alternative to lego!

VCA1.JPG VCA2.JPG VCA3.JPG VCA4.JPG

Selfridges will now ship these internationally. You'd need to call and pay by bank transfer. I'm sure she said they can deduct the 20% VAT if shipping internationally, so you wouldn't need to worry about reclaiming that. It would be non-refundable, but you would be able to exchange it for something of the same value if you received it and didn't like it. The exchange would have to be done at the VCA concession in Selfridges Oxford Street though, and within one month of receipt. Alternatively, on payment of a deposit, they could hold one for you. I think she said they'd hold for a few months with a 30% deposit. I'm not sure if either of those options would help or tie in with when your friend is in London in the future?

The SA gave me her WhatsApp and WeChat details to pass on if you'd like to talk to her directly about anything. If you'd like them, let me know if you have a LT listing up and I can email her details to you via there.

I hope that helps you get your list of priorities sorted and doesn't, instead, muddy the waters!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow @lissyflo lovely! Did you find the brighter red more translucent and the darker more opaque in color? I was told the more red and bright would mean more translucent. Could you see through either of the stones a bit or no?

Did you try on the perlee rings? Did you walk away with anything?!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo Thank you so much for going through all that trouble. I appreciate you getting all the details and options for me. The pieces are beautiful and i probably wouldn't mind either color on the stones, if I had no choice. And thank you for all these extra pics. Really is sad. I should have learned to jump on VCA that I fall in love with.

Bummer. It's disappointing that the gold and carnelian bracelets are gone. But, I guess it's not surprising. The necklaces are 20 motifs, right? I don't think I am as excited about these without the bracelet. If I had the extra extra money, maybe. I bet the 20 motif necklaces will go since Chinese people love red. My mom would love one for Chinese New Year. :D

They look beautiful on your skin btw. Did you end up picking anything? Did you try on the perlees?

No I need to decide whether to get the agate, or something else. If I wanted the agate, even if I put a deposit on it, I would not get it until 2019, and who knows when? If only my bracelet would get here, I could try on others to see what would stack well. Ugh!! I would be lucky to get it before Christmas.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results