shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and like I said to LLJ it’s likely more about what you want to add to your collection first. When has it ever been the END...lol

:lol:. And so true!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the late reply, @Phoenix!

My pave VA pendant does not flip at all and I usually wear it on special occasions w/ the matching earrings. I would recommend (given your current collection) for you to go with the RG pave one. You can never go wrong w/ diamonds!:sun:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the late reply, @Phoenix!

My pave VA pendant does not flip at all and I usually wear it on special occasions w/ the matching earrings. I would recommend (given your current collection) for you to go with the RG pave one. You can never go wrong w/ diamonds!:sun:

You're not late at all, @m-2-b :).

Thank you for that infor. It's very helpful.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I have the same pave pendant as @m-2-b and I love it. I rotate it with my gray MOP and wear it casually with whatever, t shirts and PJs. Never have to take it off cause it’s not stone. So easy and nice. FWIW, I also tried on the RG pave and that piece is just stunning.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I have the same pave pendant as @m-2-b and I love it. I rotate it with my gray MOP and wear it casually with whatever, t shirts and PJs. Never have to take it off cause it’s not stone. So easy and nice. FWIW, I also tried on the RG pave and that piece is just stunning.

Fabulous, thank you, @LLJsmom.

I actually forgot that you have this pave pendant, my bad! Glad to hear that you're enjoying wearing it.

I also just asked the VCA manager to put aside the 2018 holiday gold MOP pendant. I've asked for one that is more golden (to match a pair of Guilloche earrings - which I am hoping I will get when they come out), or one that resembles grey MOP (to match my onyx LE earrings).

ETA: Actually, a RG pave pendant would go well with Guilloche as well as onyx earrings, right?

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous, thank you, @LLJsmom.

I actually forgot that you have this pave pendant, my bad! Glad to hear that you're enjoying wearing it.

I also just asked the VCA manager to put aside the 2018 holiday gold MOP pendant. I've asked for one that is more golden (to match a pair of Guilloche earrings - which I am hoping I will get when they come out), or one that resembles grey MOP (to match my onyx LE earrings).

ETA: Actually, a RG pave pendant would go well with Guilloche as well as onyx earrings, right?

I think it’s hard to get a good sense of the shade and feel of the Giilloche without seeing it IRL. I kinda wouldn’t count on the Guilloche matching the holiday pendant but would just be happy if it did. Did you see the holiday pendant IRL? What did you think of it?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s hard to get a good sense of the shade and feel of the Giilloche without seeing it IRL. I kinda wouldn’t count on the Guilloche matching the holiday pendant but would just be happy if it did. Did you see the holiday pendant IRL? What did you think of it?

You're right. I shouldn't assume that the gold MOP holiday pendant would match the Guilloche earrings and they may not be available for me to buy anyway (though the manager did say that he'd put me on the reserve list, but he couldn't guarantee). I must say I like the pics I've seen thus far of this line.

I am going to the boutique tomorrow to try on the pendant. I'll see if I like it in person. Will post an update!:))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2018 Hol Pendant Gold MOP_2.jpg 2018 Hol Pendant Gold MOP_3.jpg 2018 Hol Pendant Gold MOP_4.jpg 2018 Hol Pendant Gold MOP_5.jpg

2018 Hol Pendant Gold MOP_1.jpg
@LLJsmom, I just came back from my visit to the VCA boutique. I exchanged my onyx pendant for the holiday gold MOP. Wow, this one is like a chameleon! I saw 5 pieces and they all looked different, some are lighter, more like white MOP in YG whereas some are a little more golden. I picked the most golden one. But all have a slight green hue to them.

The pendant changes colour, depending on the lighting, as you can see in the pics. The colour also looks different IRL vs in the pics. And in the last pic above, the one that looks white was in fact more golden IRL. And my one looks more champagne (in the second pic, counting from the top), but IRL it's more pinkish. And the camera doesn't pick up the irridescence.

I'd say if anyone was to consider this, go and see it in person. It's a lot more lively than the pics show (pics make it look very flat, which it isn't - at all).

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@m-2-b, @LLJsmom, @diamondseeker2006, @hathalove, thanks for all your help. I also tried on the pave pendant in RG and loved it. But I didn't want to spend the extra $$$. Need to focus on my end goal(s) of buying something or some things more substantial later on.

Oh and I really like the onyx pendant (to match with my LE onyx earrings), but all the other onyx pendants I saw today had an airline. I'm gonna look out for a LE/ holiday onyx pendant in the secondhand market, bc the LE/ holiday ones have a gold backing on them, so you can't see the airline. I like the idea of matching earrings to pendant.

Next on my VCA wish list are the Guilloche earrings (assuming it's a lighter gold and assuming I manage to get a pair) or a pair of white MOP in YG (ones that have more yellow/ gold in them), to match with this 2018 holiday pendant.

It is indeed a slippery slope!:eek-2::lol:

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, the centre diamond in one of my VCA LE onyx earrings fell out! I am very disappointed!:o:knockout:
What happened with the earrings? Did VCA fix them for you? This has always slightly worried me, how the diamond bezel is attached to the MOP or other stone.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2018 Hol Pendant Gold MOP_2.jpg 2018 Hol Pendant Gold MOP_3.jpg 2018 Hol Pendant Gold MOP_4.jpg 2018 Hol Pendant Gold MOP_5.jpg

2018 Hol Pendant Gold MOP_1.jpg
@LLJsmom, I just came back from my visit to the VCA boutique. I exchanged my onyx pendant for the holiday gold MOP. Wow, this one is like a chameleon! I saw 5 pieces and they all looked different, some are lighter, more like white MOP in YG whereas some are a little more golden. I picked the most golden one. But all have a slight green hue to them.

The pendant changes colour, depending on the lighting, as you can see in the pics. The colour also looks different IRL vs in the pics. And in the last pic above, the one that looks white was in fact more golden IRL. And my one looks more champagne (in the second pic, counting from the top), but IRL it's more pinkish. And the camera doesn't pick up the irridescence.

I'd say if anyone was to consider this, go and see it in person. It's a lot more lively than the pics show (pics make it look very flat, which it isn't - at all).
@Phoenix the more golden looks really beautiful on you. I do get the feeling that there are various shades of this stone and that it can change from flat to opalescent just depending on light and angle. I read in the other place that many people have chosen the lighter shade. The more golden really complements you. Btw, I am sure you will be able to get the Guilloche pieces. My understanding is that it is part of the permanent collection. Don’t worry. If they come out with matching earrings to this pendant I think they would look amazing on you.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
A girl after my own heart. 24/7 kind of bling wearer.:P2 Congratulations on getting a piece that makes everything else more beautiful, even PJs!! The solitaire looks beautiful on you! What are you considering next?

I really love that! I like the Cartier bezels a lot. That's a great classic piece that can be worn alone or with another longer necklace!

Love it!
There's something very elegant about a dainty diamond pendant :kiss2: It looks great on you!

Yay to a beautiful Cartier piece.:love:

cheers--Sharon

Thanks to you all for the kind comments. I've had the necklace almost a month now and only remove it for cleaning.
DSCF7767.jpg
LLJsmom, I'm strongly considering a thin rose gold Love bracelet for my 15 year anniversary in the spring, but for the same price I could get a nice diamond tennis bracelet or diamond studs from Whiteflash or BGD. I'm visiting NYC this weekend, so I'll stop by Cartier and VCA to check out eye candy and I have an appointment with IDJ to see what they have for tennis bracelets and diamond studs.

Attachments

• DSCF7806.jpg
    DSCF7806.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 22

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happened with the earrings? Did VCA fix them for you? This has always slightly worried me, how the diamond bezel is attached to the MOP or other stone.

I don't know what happened. The centre diamond just fell out, by itself. VCA needs to fix this. I think the diamond bezel is just glued into the stone - I couldn't see anything else that's supposed to hold in the diamond.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the risk of boring you ladies, I absolutely ADORE my new pendant. In natural daylight, it's a glowy peachy champage-y colour, it's gorgeous!! I can't seem to capture the colour accurately on my phone camera. Actually, I'd initially hoped for one with more pinkink undertones but I guess I left it til too late. Anyhow, I love this pendant as it is - it's meant to be.

Last edited:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I absolutely LOVE your gold MOP! You picked one with gorgeous color/undertone and I don't see an airline! :love::love::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the risk of boring you ladies, I absolutely ADORE my new pendant. In natural daylight, it's a glowy peachy champage-y colour, it's gorgeous!! I can't seem to capture the colour accurately on my phone camera. Actually, I'd initially hoped for one with more pinkink undertones but I guess I left it til too late. Anyhow, I love this pendant as it is - it's meant to be.
. My local VCA sold out already. Glad you got one!!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Carier lovers:
Any word on the new small Juste un Clou, will they be coming out with a diamond version?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom! Goodness! Swooooooon!!:love::love::love:

Is that chalcedony? The deep colour and the very distinctive striations are just GORGEOUS! I've never seen it like that!! How did you manage to get one that's so different from all the ones I've seen, online or IRL?

Congratulations!! Pleeeeease post more pics!!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom looks fabulous on you! :love::love:

Are you still getting the onyx in WG bracelet? If so, you have a great collection!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@m-2-b, @LLJsmom, @diamondseeker2006, @hathalove, thanks for all your help. I also tried on the pave pendant in RG and loved it. But I didn't want to spend the extra $$$. Need to focus on my end goal(s) of buying something or some things more substantial later on.

Oh and I really like the onyx pendant (to match with my LE onyx earrings), but all the other onyx pendants I saw today had an airline. I'm gonna look out for a LE/ holiday onyx pendant in the secondhand market, bc the LE/ holiday ones have a gold backing on them, so you can't see the airline. I like the idea of matching earrings to pendant.

Next on my VCA wish list are the Guilloche earrings (assuming it's a lighter gold and assuming I manage to get a pair) or a pair of white MOP in YG (ones that have more yellow/ gold in them), to match with this 2018 holiday pendant.

It is indeed a slippery slope!:eek-2::lol:

I actually love your LE earrings with the gold MOP. They offset each other and together they aren't too matchy matchy.
I was having trouble picturing on what complexion the more gold MOP would look good, but yours is it. Your skin is almost the exact same shade as the MOP. It makes your skin look like it's glowing. How does one little piece of jewelry do that? Congratulations on finding the perfect one for you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom looks fabulous on you! :love::love:

Are you still getting the onyx in WG bracelet? If so, you have a great collection!
Hi @eh613c , thank you! I am waiting on the WG and onyx. I think it will be around December when they will be done. The wait is hard. Look what happens! But I am hoping that it will look well with this piece.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom! Goodness! Swooooooon!!:love::love::love:

Is that chalcedony? The deep colour and the very distinctive striations are just GORGEOUS! I've never seen it like that!! How did you manage to get one that's so different from all the ones I've seen, online or IRL?

Congratulations!! Pleeeeease post more pics!!
Hi @Phoenix - the color is gorgeous, and I do love it against my skin tone. I am so surprised at how translucent it is, yet it really works. The truth is I really want the 20 motif now too. Ugh. That is way out of my price range. Maybe for a milestone birthday?? I could only dream. It looks so fancy yet it's so simple. I just LOVE it. This could become my absolute favorite piece of jewelry. I'll post some more pics in this thread. People will be sick of it in the other.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi @eh613c , thank you! I am waiting on the WG and onyx. I think it will be around December when they will be done. The wait is hard. Look what happens! But I am hoping that it will look well with this piece.

Gaaah!!! I know waiting is so hard! I think both will look awesome on you. BTW, can I just say how I love it when you take pics with potential purchase and you're dressed casual. It speaks for the pieces that they can be worn on a daily basis and yet look so elegant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results