shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom No problem at all - I’m always happy to have an excuse to look at jewellery! It’s definitely a shame about the special edition bracelets selling so quickly, although I do think releasing global runs of only 100 is a slightly sneaky tactic. And yes, the necklaces are 20 motif.

I tried on the perlee ring and loved it by itself but didn’t love it with the band I wanted to stack it with, so it was definitely a good trip to make. However, in completely predictable fashion, I fell head over heels with the white gold signature perlee bracelet which is much more expensive. I’m not sure I can justify the price for something purely metal though, albeit quite a lot of metal, and it’s certainly something I’ll have to save quite a while for, but it’s so wearable and understated! Oh dear...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom No problem at all - I’m always happy to have an excuse to look at jewellery! It’s definitely a shame about the special edition bracelets selling so quickly, although I do think releasing global runs of only 100 is a slightly sneaky tactic. And yes, the necklaces are 20 motif.

I tried on the perlee ring and loved it by itself but didn’t love it with the band I wanted to stack it with, so it was definitely a good trip to make. However, in completely predictable fashion, I fell head over heels with the white gold signature perlee bracelet which is much more expensive. I’m not sure I can justify the price for something purely metal though, albeit quite a lot of metal, and it’s certainly something I’ll have to save quite a while for, but it’s so wearable and understated! Oh dear...

That WG signature perlee is on my LIST. I am pretty sure I will be adding that at some point. It is gorgeous and soooo comfortable to wear and the shape fits the shape of my wrist perfectly. You have to let me know if you get it. I wonder if I should forgo the Alhambra’s now and just get that piece. :mrgreen2:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow @lissyflo lovely! Did you find the brighter red more translucent and the darker more opaque in color? I was told the more red and bright would mean more translucent. Could you see through either of the stones a bit or no?

Did you try on the perlee rings? Did you walk away with anything?!

I didn’t notice a difference in opacity between the two to be honest. Both were definitely veering towards opaque. Although admittedly that’s only what was visible with minimal handling in store lighting, rather than holding up. Concessions are definitely at a disadvantage in not being able to show things under natural lighting too, I think - it encourages you to pick up and compare much more I think.

I didn’t walk away with anything, but only because the signature perlee bangle is way over my spontaneous purchase budget!! I’m officially smitten with it though!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t notice a difference in opacity between the two to be honest. Both were definitely veering towards opaque. Although admittedly that’s only what was visible with minimal handling in store lighting, rather than holding up. Concessions are definitely at a disadvantage in not being able to show things under natural lighting too, I think - it encourages you to pick up and compare much more I think.

I didn’t walk away with anything, but only because the signature perlee bangle is way over my spontaneous purchase budget!! I’m officially smitten with it though!
Do you think you would wear a hard bangle often? That is my other hesitation. As much as I love there glamorous look of hard bangles I don’t think I would wear them that much just because inherently they aren’t as comfortable as soft bracelets. But maybe he perfect fitting bangle would be different. And the XS perlee signature is as perfectly fitting as it gets. If you had it howniften would you wear it?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh @lissyflo thank you SO MUCH for sharing your pics for @LLJsmom with all of us!!!

The lego was a stroke of genius!! :mrgreen2::appl::mrgreen2:
On my phone I thought I preferred the lighter red, but looking at the same pics on my much larger monitor... my eyes are consistently drawn to the darker bracelet. I wonder what that says about how I'd feel if I saw them in-person!

What are the odds of VCA approving splitting one of those necklaces into five-motif bracelets for four PSers? :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh @lissyflo thank you SO MUCH for sharing your pics for @LLJsmom with all of us!!!

On my phone I thought I preferred the lighter red, but looking at the same pics on my much larger monitor... my eyes are consistently drawn to the darker bracelet. I wonder what that says about how I'd feel if I saw them in-person!

What are the odds of VCA approving splitting one of those necklaces into five-motif bracelets for four PSers? :lol:
Now THAT is genius. :appl::appl::appl:
VCA exclusive to PSers...:twisted2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You won't believe this, but that crossed my mind, too! It certainly shouldn't cost as much as a custom made one just to separate them and add the clasps! I'd lean toward the more red one. They do make me mad only making 100 of those bracelets!!!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you think you would wear a hard bangle often? That is my other hesitation. As much as I love there glamorous look of hard bangles I don’t think I would wear them that much just because inherently they aren’t as comfortable as soft bracelets. But maybe he perfect fitting bangle would be different. And the XS perlee signature is as perfectly fitting as it gets. If you had it howniften would you wear it?

I actually prefer a bangle, as long as it fits snuggly around my wrist. There’s something about the slack in a bracelet flopping/flapping that grates on me after a while. And I think I’d wear it very regularly: it’s the perfect mix of slightly dressy but also unobtrusive, so I can’t imagine feeling out of place wearing it in a range of situations. So the cost per wear would be minimal - dangerous logic!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It’s interesting isn’t it?! Both were beautiful. I think personally I leant towards the browner one, but I think the brighter red made more of the fact that it was an alternating stone and metal necklace: the gold stations definitely set off the brighter red more in real life. The gold made it look a really rich colour, even though it was quite a ‘playful’ orange/red by itself.

Or...
93621D96-3911-48A0-AC46-3F34A06084F6.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, the centre diamond in one of my VCA LE onyx earrings fell out! I am very disappointed!:o:knockout:

Also, my onyx pendant has a noticeable (under the loupe) air space/ gap. For those of you with VCA stone pieces, do they have an air space?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, the centre diamond in one of my VCA LE onyx earrings fell out! I am very disappointed!:o:knockout:

Also, my onyx pendant has a noticeable (under the loupe) air space/ gap. For those of you with VCA stone pieces, do they have an air space?

Complete UNACCEPTABLE. VCA BETTER MAKE IT RIGHT AND MAKE IT UP TO YOU.

I think I have seen some VCA with an airgap.

Good luck!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am shocked that a diamond would fall out of the earrings!

Oh yes, there can definitely be gaps using a loupe on the stone pieces. Put away that loupe, Phoenix! :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am shocked that a diamond would fall out of the earrings!

Oh yes, there can definitely be gaps using a loupe on the stone pieces. Put away that loupe, Phoenix! :lol:

Yeah, I am flabbergasted that this happened on a VCA piece, a near-new piece too.

Lol. But it's weird that there's no discernible gap on my earrings, only on the pendant.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I can't go through a day without reading this thread! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I am flabbergasted that this happened on a VCA piece, a near-new piece too.

Lol. But it's weird that there's no discernible gap on my earrings, only on the pendant.
Please let us know what they do for you.

On my sweets I can’t see a gap with my naked eye. I will take a loupe to my pendants later today.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@m-2-b, I was wondering if you've been wearing your Alhambra vintage pave pendant often, how do you like it and does it flip?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, @diamondseeker2006, @yssie, @kama_s, @hathalove and anyone else, can you help me decide please? The airline in my VCA onyx pendant is driving OCD me a little bonkers! So I am thinking of exchanging it for a Vintage pave pendant, either in RG or WG, more likely RG. Then again, I've been thinking of getting the YG Cartier Love bracelet in YG. I sold my all gold one but have been missing it and am now thinking of getting one with 4 diamonds. It's soooo iconic!!

I've been lusting after a RG or YG piece to complement my very small RG/YG collection. If I get the Cartier Love, I'd keep the VCA onyx pendant and just accept that airline is common in VCA stone pieces.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looped my gray MOP with diamond pendant and I do see a gap, but it’s a very small one and there is no light leakage. Also this one is backed in gold so that probably helps.
In these pics you can see a slight gap at certain angles. Head on you don’t notice much. Some things don’t bother me.
27BD47D0-7501-42C4-B87A-2B936490C225.jpeg 7747D084-97A6-4B9B-A4F4-DC8C875E4C85.jpeg A5FB9377-7E47-409B-89AF-4982DBD9B931.jpeg D22F763A-7AB5-4A77-A99A-6C82AC090C3B.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, @diamondseeker2006, @yssie, @kama_s, @hathalove and anyone else, can you help me decide please? The airline in my VCA onyx pendant is driving OCD me a little bonkers! So I am thinking of exchanging it for a Vintage pave pendant, either in RG or WG, more likely RG. Then again, I've been thinking of getting the YG Cartier Love bracelet in YG. I sold my all gold one but have been missing it and am now thinking of getting one with 4 diamonds. It's soooo iconic!!

I've been lusting after a RG or YG piece to complement my very small RG/YG collection. If I get the Cartier Love, I'd keep the VCA onyx pendant and just accept that airline is common in VCA stone pieces.

@Phoenix are you still in the exchange window? Can you exchange it for another one that has less of a gap? I think you would really enjoy a pave one. With your skin tone, I think yellow gold would look fabulous on you.
I also think it’s a matter of time before you get another Love. You’ve been talking about it for the longest time. I think you’ll do it. With diamonds would be fabulous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I'd get the pave one in the same gold as the perlee clover bangle, which I think is rose gold? However, I also think that the white gold pave is the most versatile and can be worn with anything.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix are you still in the exchange window? Can you exchange it for another one that has less of a gap? I think you would really enjoy a pave one. With your skin tone, I think yellow gold would look fabulous on you.
I also think it’s a matter of time before you get another Love. You’ve been talking about it for the longest time. I think you’ll do it. With diamonds would be fabulous.

@LLJsmom, thank you.

I messaged the VCA boutique manager and he's willing to let me exchange the onyx pendant to another one with a less than discernible gap, or trade up to a vintage pave one.

The issue is whether I should use the $$$ to upgrade my pendant to a pave one or should I use the money to buy the Love? Either way, I will most likely buy another Love in YG with the 4 diamonds (and you're right, I have been talking about it for a while now, lol). Just a matter of time.

As much as I am tempted to, I am not inclined to do both the upgrade and buy the Love. Trying to save the funds for something major.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I'd get the pave one in the same gold as the perlee clover bangle, which I think is rose gold? However, I also think that the white gold pave is the most versatile and can be worn with anything.

Thank you, @diamondseeker2006.

Yes, the Perlee Clover bracelet is in RG and if I get the vintage pendant, most likely I'd go for RG too. And my onyx LE earrings are in RG. The WG pave seems more practical, since most of my jewellery is in WG or Pt. But am thinking in the long run, I'd like a magic pave pendant in WG (have been lusting after it for a loooong time, lol).

Do you not think I should buy another Love?

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, the gap in yours is soooo tiny, it's imperceptible!! Mine is certainly larger.

And am totally loving your grey MOP pendant! Swooooon!!:love:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix hmmmm. So I’m inclined to say find one that has less of an airline first and get the love. Loves are my very favorite piece of jewelry. If I had to sell everything they would probably be the last to go.

I loved the onyx on you. In a way it was a refreshing piece to see you wear since you usually are all diamonds. For that reason I would pass on the vintage pave and keep the onyx if you can find one that doesn’t drive you crazy. It was special on you.

I won’t lie. I did bring my loupe when I went to purchase my onyx. Also asked for new new out of the plastic too. Lol. I did loupe each clover front and back of several bracelets (3 or 4) and then picked the best overall one. It was also the one the SA picked for me going in. I would think of them more like a puzzle piece that is held in by prongs with a pretty border and less like a bezel if that makes sense. I told my SA since I am paying thousands for onyx that I need the most perfect one. Haha! She got it. Tried to convince me it was the best onyx in the world...but I told her as much as that may be it’s still onyx not rubies.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
and like I said to LLJ it’s likely more about what you want to add to your collection first. When has it ever been the END...lol

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just looped my gray MOP with diamond pendant and I do see a gap, but it’s a very small one and there is no light leakage. Also this one is backed in gold so that probably helps.
In these pics you can see a slight gap at certain angles. Head on you don’t notice much. Some things don’t bother me.
27BD47D0-7501-42C4-B87A-2B936490C225.jpeg 7747D084-97A6-4B9B-A4F4-DC8C875E4C85.jpeg A5FB9377-7E47-409B-89AF-4982DBD9B931.jpeg D22F763A-7AB5-4A77-A99A-6C82AC090C3B.jpeg

How I love the gray mop. :kiss2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix hmmmm. So I’m inclined to say find one that has less of an airline first and get the love. Loves are my very favorite piece of jewelry. If I had to sell everything they would probably be the last to go.

I loved the onyx on you. In a way it was a refreshing piece to see you wear since you usually are all diamonds. For that reason I would pass on the vintage pave and keep the onyx if you can find one that doesn’t drive you crazy. It was special on you.

I won’t lie. I did bring my loupe when I went to purchase my onyx. Also asked for new new out of the plastic too. Lol. I did loupe each clover front and back of several bracelets (3 or 4) and then picked the best overall one. It was also the one the SA picked for me going in. I would think of them more like a puzzle piece that is held in by prongs with a pretty border and less like a bezel if that makes sense. I told my SA since I am paying thousands for onyx that I need the most perfect one. Haha! She got it. Tried to convince me it was the best onyx in the world...but I told her as much as that may be it’s still onyx not rubies.

Haha, too funny, @hathalove. I did tell my SA about my issue with airline. She didn't seem to get it. I'd forgotten to bring my loupe with me when I went there. I am now liaising with her manager (long story), and he seems to get me more.

I agree about the Loves. I absolutely love my WG+ceramic one; it's my most fave piece of bling. I sold the plain YG one bc it was scratched (I'd stacked it with a thin Love - certainly would not do that again), and I didn't/ don't love like having anything on 24/7, for a long period of time. Having said that though, I could certainly wear a Love when I am on holiday (have done so), or for shorter periods of time when I go out. I know I know, you're not supposed to take it off and put it on too often. But what I can say?:lol:

Thank you re what you said about me wearing onyx. You're right, I am usually adorned in all diamonds, but I adore my LE onyx earrings (minus the centre diamond falling out, eek) . I think what I am gonna do is go see if they have an onyx pendant with less of an airline and if they don't have one then maybe I'd go for the RG pave one. If it is the latter, then the YG Love would have to wait til next year or so.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results