shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege owners - did you get a LM box?

Did you get a special Leon Mege box with your LM piece?

• Sure I did! I got a quality box to match the quality product!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2008 9:19:30 PM
Author: coatimundi
bandit.gif
OMG MY SIDES HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 7:57:52 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 7/31/2008 9:19:30 PM

Author: coatimundi

bandit.gif

OMG MY SIDES HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif

ditto, coati that is hilarious...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 11:22:29 PM
Author: MikeRato1

Date: 7/31/2008 1:24:32 PM
Author: rainydaze
i am shocked so many of your amazing peices came in plain boxes!!! although, my LM band didn''t get a box at all.... it came in a tiny ziploc baggie!!! i just chalked it up to being from his ''for sale'' section and efficient shipping. damn i''m a fool sometimes... darn right we should all be getting a nice box and here i am not even indignant at a baggie!! oh well...
please tell me your kidding?!?
That settles it for me - charging for photos, shipping precious (read *expensive*) items in baggies and cheap boxes - I did at one time want a Leon piece, and do still admire his work greatly...
But I will not be buying anything from him, unless he has some miraculous change of priorities sometime in the future.

I can understand the people who say they don''t care unless the product is perfect - but isn''t the photos/service/presentation just a part of the overall product?
I know that my ring lives in its box when its not being worn ; and I love the photos of my diamond and ring that my vendors sent me.
I know we''ve heard this before - but for something as emotional as e-rings, I know if my experience to create it was frought with stressful incidence and negative memories, those connotations would carry over to my feelings of my ring. I would get over it, but who needs that? In this sense, imho the service is also part of the product.

just my opinion, but I may have to make do with admiring LM pieces from afar, if things continue this way.
38.gif

anyways, rant over!
20.gif
sigh
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 3:33:42 PM
Author: Dogmom
*shaking head* Not that I''m in the market for a custom creation, but if I *were* Mark Morrell would be my choice. As far as Leon''s presentation, heck my clearance piece from Pearlmans came in a nice black box! (Faux leather, but nice just the same.)

I can NOT believe he charges for photos
6.gif
Yep, as per his site, only $75 for one jpeg of your ring - not even a print.
Bargain!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 8:47:14 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 7/31/2008 3:33:42 PM
Author: Dogmom
*shaking head* Not that I''m in the market for a custom creation, but if I *were* Mark Morrell would be my choice. As far as Leon''s presentation, heck my clearance piece from Pearlmans came in a nice black box! (Faux leather, but nice just the same.)

I can NOT believe he charges for photos
6.gif
Yep, as per his site, only $75 for one jpeg of your ring - not even a print.
Bargain!

HOLY JESUS. Is that legal?!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
OK, before I leap in, I should say that I have 2 LM rings, neither came in a box (I picked them both up in person in the office), and both were as I had requested and I was in fact beyond happy with both. Color me biased on that front. LM on both occasions I met him in person was cordial and professional - neither arrogant nor my new best friend. I feel very badly for anyone who was ever treated rudely or whose ring was not handled well or was not as they ordered - I don''t think that is ever, ever OK regardless of who produced it.
38.gif
And, should note I''m anti-clutter so am constantly getting RID of boxes and other extraneous (to ME) packaging.

With that being said, I did feel the need to say something to those who feel that the lack of a nice box or the failure to provide pictures is direct evidence of poor client treatment. Having been to the workshop, it does reinforce what LM says somewhere on his website - it''s not a retail place of business, it''s a workshop (somewhere, mere mortals aren''t going to see what goes on with all those gemstones) and a small office. It''s tiny. I didn''t expect the niceties of a store (BM or online), and having spent some time in the diamond district and seen crazy $$$ diamonds sent back and forth in white envelopes I think that it''s part and parcel of what they do - it''s transactional to some extent and simply not imbued with the emotion that we bring to our stones and our rings. About the pictures, he describes the situation pretty clearly - he has found a great photographer who likes his work and he has a future book deal with him. Accordingly, the pictures of the rings he designs/manufactures have future proprietary value and he has promised to not take his own photos. If someone really wants a photo of their ring they can have one taken by this professional at a reduced rate - it might not be what some people want but he clearly states the reasoning on his website and I don''t think that''s unfair.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 9:41:01 AM
Author: babysteps
OK, before I leap in, I should say that I have 2 LM rings, neither came in a box (I picked them both up in person in the office), and both were as I had requested and I was in fact beyond happy with both. Color me biased on that front. LM on both occasions I met him in person was cordial and professional - neither arrogant nor my new best friend. I feel very badly for anyone who was ever treated rudely or whose ring was not handled well or was not as they ordered - I don''t think that is ever, ever OK regardless of who produced it.
38.gif
And, should note I''m anti-clutter so am constantly getting RID of boxes and other extraneous (to ME) packaging.

With that being said, I did feel the need to say something to those who feel that the lack of a nice box or the failure to provide pictures is direct evidence of poor client treatment. Having been to the workshop, it does reinforce what LM says somewhere on his website - it''s not a retail place of business, it''s a workshop (somewhere, mere mortals aren''t going to see what goes on with all those gemstones) and a small office. It''s tiny. I didn''t expect the niceties of a store (BM or online), and having spent some time in the diamond district and seen crazy $$$ diamonds sent back and forth in white envelopes I think that it''s part and parcel of what they do - it''s transactional to some extent and simply not imbued with the emotion that we bring to our stones and our rings. About the pictures, he describes the situation pretty clearly - he has found a great photographer who likes his work and he has a future book deal with him. Accordingly, the pictures of the rings he designs/manufactures have future proprietary value and he has promised to not take his own photos. If someone really wants a photo of their ring they can have one taken by this professional at a reduced rate - it might not be what some people want but he clearly states the reasoning on his website and I don''t think that''s unfair.
Babysteps, I did read the reasoning before I posted.

May I please ask your opinion then, for someone like myself - if I were purchasing a ring from Australia - would you think it fair then that I pay $75 for his choice of professional photographer, just so I can see what *my* ring looks like before having it shipped across the world?
I would think an amature 5 min pic, not a "week long photo shoot" would suffice for that purpose, and I''m just saying that perhaps leaving that as an option would''ve been more practical and customer-friendly..?

TopSecret

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 9:19:34 PM
Author: MikeRato1
Date: 7/30/2008 5:54:18 PM

Author: Elegant

Yeah, but it seems no matter what that man does, people will still go, and still go to him, to have their rings done by him...so no matter what, many people seem to overlook his crass behavior and excuse it to being artistic...nothing that I hear that he does surprises me anymore. He knows he can get away with anything and still have people crawling back to him...I don''t mean to be an ass - and I will also admit that his rings are very beautiful and I have often admired PS rings made by him - but he treats so many people like peasants, and that''s not right...

You would think that ANY creation he made would go in a LM box because it is a LM creation...I wonder what price point = nice LM box? If you would have paid $100 more would you have gotten a LM box?

your not being an ass at all, i read all kinds of stories about him and every time wonder why he treats people like that

even though his work is beautiful he will never earn my business
same here.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
te:[/b] 8/1/2008 9:53:22 AM

May I please ask your opinion then, for someone like myself - if I were purchasing a ring from Australia - would you think it fair then that I pay $75 for his choice of professional photographer, just so I can see what *my* ring looks like before having it shipped across the world?

I would think an amature 5 min pic, not a 'week long photo shoot' would suffice for that purpose, and I'm just saying that perhaps leaving that as an option would've been more practical and customer-friendly..?[/quote]

Arjunajane - I can totally understand wanting a photo, especially from a distance, and agree it's definitely more customer-friendly. But also see the viewpoint (and practical reasons) for not wanting to provide one - an amateurish photo potentially creates problems, a great photo is potentially time-consuming, and time is money. I think it's not a question of fairness so much - more a question of whether the services being offered by a vendor will meet an individual's needs, and if not, it's a mismatch. JMO, though
1.gif

ETA: sorry, can't get the quote box to work!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not big on boxes. I think the one that my engagement ring came in was stolen when my house was broken into (that''s the only thing I can think happened to it) and I have more boxes than I can shake a stick at...and you can shake a stick at a lot of boxes. But, I think the line to some extent is drawn with who you choose to shop with. If I went to Harry Winston and didn''t get a box I''d be peeved. The ring is the important bit but since I bought there it''s likely I''d also care about the brand.

If Leon is trying so hard, as some wording on his site would indicate, to be jeweller to the stars and pro-footballers then he needs to carry his brand through. Definately no zip-lock baggies!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 9:53:22 AM

I would think an amature 5 min pic, not a 'week long photo shoot' would suffice for that purpose, and I'm just saying that perhaps leaving that as an option would've been more practical and customer-friendly..?
I wouldn't count on that aj. I didn't receive my pic from him until after I had received my ring (though maybe things will be different now). Which made me wonder why I got a pic at all, though I'm certainly not complaining. Especially because it clearly captured some of my stones "problems".

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I flew through this thread and appreciate there are a few people who understand that you do not go to LM for the BOX. I think it is so very sad that there has been so much LM trashing when there are two sides to every story and Leon does not post on PS to defend himself. If you want to be wined and dined and marketed to and pay the price- buy your ring at Harry Winston''s and get an awesome box. I understand that some people want the luxury experience of the presentation and that is fine. However that has never been the reason why anyone past or present has done business with Leon. If you go through pics and reviews over the years... Leon hands down has the most amazing and beautiful works of art. Sure, there are other great vendors on PS, but no one else has their own thread in SMTR with as many consistently jaw dropping masterpieces.

I have had Leon make 3 pieces for me and I would go back to him in a heart beat if the look I wanted fell in line with his classic style and/or micropave. I have also purchased from WF, GOG, Maytal Hannah, Ari at Single Stone so I believe I have an experienced voice. No vender can be all things to all customers so those who find it at the top of their priority list to get a rockin'' box- personally I love the red ones from Cartier!

If you find yourself dreaming about a LM Piece de Resistance seen here on PS or his website.... try to filter all the stories and reconsider if the BOX is what matters.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
babysteps- Leon certainly may not always cater to his "retail" clients, but the fact that the fancy Leon box exists suggests that he does care about packaging for some people. I suspect this applies to the rich/famous NFL players, who clearly need the discount. All clients are not created equally, I guess? Snooper seems to be the only pser we''ve found with the box! Maybe she''s secretly married to a rockstar
31.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
If my ring can in a zip-lock bag I would be upset, regardless of who makes it. But that is really because I am partial to presentation/boxes.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 11:20:39 AM
Author: Green with Envy
I flew through this thread and appreciate there are a few people who understand that you do not go to LM for the BOX. I think it is so very sad that there has been so much LM trashing when there are two sides to every story and Leon does not post on PS to defend himself. If you want to be wined and dined and marketed to and pay the price- buy your ring at Harry Winston's and get an awesome box. I understand that some people want the luxury experience of the presentation and that is fine. However that has never been the reason why anyone past or present has done business with Leon. If you go through pics and reviews over the years... Leon hands down has the most amazing and beautiful works of art. Sure, there are other great vendors on PS, but no one else has their own thread in SMTR with as many consistently jaw dropping masterpieces.

I have had Leon make 3 pieces for me and I would go back to him in a heart beat if the look I wanted fell in line with his classic style and/or micropave. I have also purchased from WF, GOG, Maytal Hannah, Ari at Single Stone so I believe I have an experienced voice. No vender can be all things to all customers so those who find it at the top of their priority list to get a rockin' box- personally I love the red ones from Cartier!

If you find yourself dreaming about a LM Piece de Resistance seen here on PS or his website.... try to filter all the stories and reconsider if the BOX is what matters.
And no one is refuting that Green. There's not a single one of us that has said our ring isn't beautiful, including me. I don't call what we've been discussing "trashing" Leon. And with all due respect, we all have every right to discuss whatever it is we choose. Though outside of this "box" discussion, my post and the comments that flowed from that have not come close to trashing. They are just honest remarks, that don't put Leon up on the pedestal he's enjoyed up til now. And my guess is, people have been affraid to voice their experiences/opinions because of posts exactly like yours. Who WOULD want to post anything negative if they are going to be berated over it? This forum is for the good, and the bad, like it or not.

I also take umbrage at your remark that there are two sides to every story, as that insinuates some of us, if not all, are not being honest. I can assure you, I gave an extremely accurate account of my experience with him, posting the good and the bad, from both sides. I don't appreciate your inference. And considering what I went through, the end result, and the way I excepted and handled it, if I want to be a tad bit snarky about the box my ring came in, I believe I've earned it.

But it's not really about the damn box, it's about the whole package. Or lack of.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2008 9:41:01 AM
Author: babysteps
38.gif

DITTO!!! I was skimmimg the thread hoping someone would finally "get it" (but others may have said this since I did not read every post). He is more a wholesale operation who sells to other jewelers as I understand it. I certainly think it is different when one buys a complete ring at a retail jeweler as opposed to sending Leon (a workshop) a diamond and asking him to set it. I could care less about the box. I already had one from GOG for the stone, and you can buy fancy boxes if you really want one. In fact, I would like to buy one that has two slots for the e-ring and the wedding band. I totally agree about the photography, too.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 3:10:22 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Harriet was a Triple repeat customer for her last ring, and he wouldn't give her the nicer box.
I asked for one, but he said those are meant for stock pieces. When did he start charging for pics?!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 1:22:24 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

DITTO!!! I was skimmimg the thread hoping someone would finally ''get it'' (but others may have said this since I did not read every post). He is more a wholesale operation who sells to other jewelers as I understand it. I certainly think it is different when one buys a complete ring at a retail jeweler as opposed to sending Leon (a workshop) a diamond and asking him to set it. I could care less about the box. I already had one from GOG for the stone, and you can buy fancy boxes if you really want one. In fact, I would like to buy one that has two slots for the e-ring and the wedding band. I totally agree about the photography, too.
I get that, believe me. Ring box or not, when I someday get a new ring it probably WILL be a Leon. It''s what comes in the box that I care most about! I do happen to appreciate nice packaging with such a purchase, however.

But then answer this- if Leon is just a workshop, why would ANYONE get the fancy box??

Miss Harriet certainly deserves one, she always has at least 3 new ideas lined up for Leon
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe he''ll give me one as a wedding pressie.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 1:42:07 PM
Author: Harriet
Maybe he''ll give me one as a wedding pressie.
9.gif
LOL Harriet.

I was thinking, screw getting a ring made from him...I''m going to find a way to get that box. That will be far more amazing than any of his work on here and will probably start an entire new "Show me the Box!" forum!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have a Leon, I dont have the kind of money it takes to have one, but, his designs are just STUNNING! however, I became fascinated with his work so I went to his site to window shop and drool, while I was there I did some reading on his site and decided that if I ever could afford a designer ring it would not be one of his, something about the site just didnt set well with me and after reading all of these post''s I see that my thinking was correct.
7.gif
Even my cheap princess cut diamond that came from a local jeweler came in a white leather box, I cant understand how he can justify charging the prices that he does and then give it to you in a cheap box, the ring that came in a ziplock..well that is just wrong all they way around.

95viper

Rough_Rock
I wouldn''t pass on LM making a ring just because of a box as long as I knew I wouldn''t get one. There are certainly other places to buy a beautiful box to match his beautiful work.

With that said, here is a funny story. I had Mark Morrell make a custom ring and band earlier this year. The work was stunning and it came in a pretty wooden and leather box with white gloves and all. I mailed him my wife''s old ring for perfect sizing and design ideas when we were making the ring. I sent it in a plastic bag with tissue paper and bubble wrap. Here is the kicker. When he mailed it back with the new ring, he took the time to fully polish it to a glass finish. Not just clean it, he refinished it and, by the way, he mailed it in a second wooden box just like the new one.

Guess who I am going to call when I can afford a new diamond?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 1:36:02 PM
Author: icekid

DITTO!!! I was skimmimg the thread hoping someone would finally ''get it'' (but others may have said this since I did not read every post). He is more a wholesale operation who sells to other jewelers as I understand it. I certainly think it is different when one buys a complete ring at a retail jeweler as opposed to sending Leon (a workshop) a diamond and asking him to set it. I could care less about the box. I already had one from GOG for the stone, and you can buy fancy boxes if you really want one. In fact, I would like to buy one that has two slots for the e-ring and the wedding band. I totally agree about the photography, too.
I get that, believe me. Ring box or not, when I someday get a new ring it probably WILL be a Leon. It''s what comes in the box that I care most about! I do happen to appreciate nice packaging with such a purchase, however.

But then answer this- if Leon is just a workshop, why would ANYONE get the fancy box??

Miss Harriet certainly deserves one, she always has at least 3 new ideas lined up for Leon
31.gif
Good question, I''d like to hear an answer on this as well.

And why give them to stock pieces, when so much more money may be spent on a custom piece? I don''t really need that answered, just thinking out loud.
20.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen- I NEVER said that anyone is being DISHONEST and I am sorry that is your interpretation.

You can not take my comments on this thread and insert my exact words on your own personal thread about your LM review. You are jumping to your own conclusions that my reference to "trashing" is directed to you specifically regarding your aqua review. If I thought you were trashing I would have made the comment on your aqua thread. On the contrary, I read your review and appreciated it was a candid account of your individual experience. I felt some jumped all over your review thread and wanted to make it about Leon bashing, but you redirected them and I applaud.

However, THIS thread is about opinions on the importance of THE BOX and I straight forwardly suggest in my post "to filter all the stories and reconsider if the BOX is what matters."

You admit that you are being "a tad snarky" about the box and you have "earned" the right to criticize Leon about.... THE BOX???? You tried to be objective in your aqua thread... but here you justify any trashing made by yourself or others?

For goodness sakes- I am just pointing out that I am disappointed to read snide comments Leon is rude, stingy, a jerk, etc when we are talking about the BOX. It came up before in the thread about the emerald cut for sale on his website. I said it there and I say it here... no one ever goes to LM for the box.

You have every right to post your opinion and regardless of how objective you claim to be... it is undeniable in this particular thread that you have an underlying intent to discourage others from doing business with Leon. Fine.

I just happen to have a very different perspective based on my personal experiences. I encourage anyone who wants Cartier quality without Cartier price or Cartier box... consider Leon.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Either way
Date: 8/2/2008 2:53:38 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 8/2/2008 1:36:02 PM
Author: icekid

31.gif
Good question, I''d like to hear an answer on this as well.

And why give them to stock pieces, when so much more money may be spent on a custom piece? I don''t really need that answered, just thinking out loud.
20.gif
Well, whatever the answer, this is a good thread. People who don''t care about this stuff can work with Leon. People who do can go elsewhere. Yeah, if I got that icky box, I''d kind of raise an eyebrow, but that would be the end of it (assuming the ring is up to standard). I honestly don''t care who Leon gives the box to...he''s not a consumer jewelry shop so I really don''t expect any rhyme or reason out of him.

Now, if he gave someone else beautiful claw prongs and I got lumpy ones, there''d be a parking spot in hell with the name "Leon" on it!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Again, I don't own a Leon, and I can't afford one right now anyways, but...

I think just knowing that a NIFTY box exists and people aren't getting one when they make their purchase, makes people second guess things... and most everyone's jewelry from him has been stunning and I think there are two trains of thought here...

- One, why didn't such a beautiful piece of artwork come in an equally beautiful box (because most jewelry purchases do come in a pretty box, nowhere near the cheapy that he has given, but even the fuzzy black boxes are better)? and

- Why wouldn't he want to present his artwork in something equally as beautiful?

If I were a guy and had a beautiful engagement ring made by him, I would want a beautiful box to present it in when I proposed...I don't think I would want to have to search for another box and wait to have it shipped...if it is a Leon, the box should be a Leon.

I agree with Ellen in that it is a total package we are looking for.

He should have two boxes made, a nifty box for his NFL buddies that offer season tickets (per his website-which is fine, that's his prerogative)
22.gif
, and a semi-nifty box for all us regular folks that purchase from him
41.gif
. Maybe it is just beyond him that people actually want a nice box...maybe he just doesn't care about the marketing of his product because he has enough word of mouth?

I don't know. My suggestion is that someone neutral to the situation talk to him, in a very nice manner, about it and report back to us - I am almost tempted to do it... I'm not afraid to be yelled at because I haven't purchased anything from him and my feelings won't get hurt...I think...
37.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 12:00:50 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 8/2/2008 11:20:39 AM
I flew through this thread and appreciate there are a few people who understand that you do not go to LM for the BOX. I think it is so very sad that there has been so much LM trashing when there are two sides to every story and Leon does not post on PS to defend himself. If you want to be wined and dined and marketed to and pay the price- buy your ring at Harry Winston''s and get an awesome box. I understand that some people want the luxury experience of the presentation and that is fine. However that has never been the reason why anyone past or present has done business with Leon. If you go through pics and reviews over the years... Leon hands down has the most amazing and beautiful works of art. Sure, there are other great vendors on PS, but no one else has their own thread in SMTR with as many consistently jaw dropping masterpieces.

I have had Leon make 3 pieces for me and I would go back to him in a heart beat if the look I wanted fell in line with his classic style and/or micropave. I have also purchased from WF, GOG, Maytal Hannah, Ari at Single Stone so I believe I have an experienced voice. No vender can be all things to all customers so those who find it at the top of their priority list to get a rockin'' box- personally I love the red ones from Cartier!

And no one is refuting that Green. There''s not a single one of us that has said our ring isn''t beautiful, including me. I don''t call what we''ve been discussing ''trashing'' Leon. And with all due respect, we all have every right to discuss whatever it is we choose. Though outside of this ''box'' discussion, my post and the comments that flowed from that have not come close to trashing. They are just honest remarks, that don''t put Leon up on the pedestal he''s enjoyed up til now. And my guess is, people have been affraid to voice their experiences/opinions because of posts exactly like yours. Who WOULD want to post anything negative if they are going to be berated over it? This forum is for the good, and the bad, like it or not.

I also take umbrage at your remark that there are two sides to every story, as that insinuates some of us, if not all, are not being honest. I can assure you, I gave an extremely accurate account of my experience with him, posting the good and the bad, from both sides. I don''t appreciate your inference. And considering what I went through, the end result, and the way I excepted and handled it, if I want to be a tad bit snarky about the box my ring came in, I believe I''ve earned it.

But it''s not really about the damn box, it''s about the whole package. Or lack of.
Ellen, to be fair, there ARE two sides to every story. I thought your story was very fair and tactfully written, especially considering that you were obviously not happy about the situation (and that is HIGHLY obvious, by the way). However we never heard Leon''s side of the story, and that is a fact. I''d be willing to bet though, that his side would probably sound a lot like your side (meaning I don''t think you were being unreasonable).

I don''t think GWE was insinuating you or anyone else wasn''t being honest. Just that we haven''t heard the other side, is all, and that is a fair and correct statement.

It seems that LM is a sensitive topic these days and you shouldn''t have to take umbrage at anything.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 2:57:07 PM
For goodness sakes- I am just pointing out that I am disappointed to read snide comments Leon is rude, stingy, a jerk, etc when we are talking about the BOX. It came up before in the thread about the emerald cut for sale on his website. I said it there and I say it here... no one ever goes to LM for the box.
Hi!
35.gif

My question is - why does Leon make such a big deal about the box himself...?

You referred to the emerald cut ring that he had for sale and he mentioned that the Leon box wouldn't be included...I think that just in and of itself makes people question things because he is making a big deal out of it. I think he referred to the ring as one he was testing out for HW, so I just assumed since that was the case, he didn't want that ring associated with his name, therefore no box...

See, we all know a nifty box exists...we just aren't getting one...and I think many would like to know why. I think Harriet said it is only for his stock products?

Just asking...no attitude involved, just sheer curiosity...
17.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 3:09:15 PM
Author: Elegant
Again, I don''t own a Leon, and I can''t afford one right now anyways, but...

I think just knowing that a NIFTY box exists and people aren''t getting one when they make their purchase, makes people second guess things... and most everyone''s jewelry from him has been stunning and I think there are two trains of thought here...

- One, why didn''t such a beautiful piece of artwork come in an equally beautiful box (because most jewelry purchases do come in a pretty box, nowhere near the cheapy that he has given, but even the fuzzy black boxes are better)? my guess he thinks the ring is art enough and he doesn''t care about the box.

- Why wouldn''t he want to present his artwork in something equally as beautiful? my guess he thinks the ring is art enough and he doesn''t care about the box.
3.gif

If I were a guy and had a beautiful engagement ring made by him, I would want a beautiful box to present it in when I proposed...I don''t think I would want to have to search for another box and wait to have it shipped...if it is a Leon, the box should be a Leon. But it''s not, so if you want a LM ring, and want a purdy box, you''ll need to go find your own box, because it seems he doesn''t care.

I agree with Ellen in that it is a total package we are looking for.

He should have two boxes made, a nifty box for his NFL buddies that offer season tickets (per his website-which is fine, that''s his prerogative)
22.gif
, and a semi-nifty box for all us regular folks that purchase from him
41.gif
. Maybe it is just beyond him that people actually want a nice box...maybe he just doesn''t care about the marketing of his product because he has enough word of mouth?

I don''t know. My suggestion is that someone neutral to the situation talk to him, in a very nice manner, about it and report back to us - I am almost tempted to do it... I''m not afraid to be yelled at because I haven''t purchased anything from him and my feelings won''t get hurt...I think...
37.gif
Bottom line (IMHO), he doesn''t care, he doesn''t care, he doesn''t care. If you want a gorgeous ring AND a purdy box AND free photos (which Tif''s and Cartier, etc, don''t give out, I believe) AND a guy who is slick and schmoozy...

YOU''LL NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Green, this is what you said in your previous post:

"I think it is so very sad that there has been so much LM trashing when there are two sides to every story and Leon does not post on PS to defend himself"

THAT comment is not about boxes. That comment can only be about others stories (and yes, I assumed mine was in there, as you did not post about what you thought of my review until now), and implies there are things not getting told. Which implies some aren''t telling the truth. There''s no other way to read that.

And as I said before, it really isn''t about the box in the big picture. Yes, in here we have certainly questioned the box, along with comments from some other folks about Leon. So what? I think the average person can filter through this thread and take away what''s important.

Lastly, you are dead wrong about my intent to discourage people from working with Leon. I said in my thread, it was not a "don''t use Leon" thread, and it wasn''t. I have not said anything in this thread to infer that''s my intent. I think most people understand exactly where I''m coming from.

In closing, it might interest you to know that someone emailed me the other day about them using Leon, after everything I''ve been through. And ya know what? I told them yes, on a couple of conditions.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results