shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege owners - did you get a LM box?

Did you get a special Leon Mege box with your LM piece?

• Sure I did! I got a quality box to match the quality product!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs.2Artists told me about this thread at the dinner table tonight and I was too curious to see what the box looks like. Is the box in the picture the type with the orange on the sides? I am trying to get a complete picture of it in my head. Are there any more pictures of these boxes on PS-I don''t remember seeing them in the Leon threads.

Mr.2Artists

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 11:57:50 PM
Author: 2Artists
Mrs.2Artists told me about this thread at the dinner table tonight and I was too curious to see what the box looks like. Is the box in the picture the type with the orange on the sides? I am trying to get a complete picture of it in my head. Are there any more pictures of these boxes on PS-I don''t remember seeing them in the Leon threads.

Mr.2Artists
The box in the picture is the nicest box he''s given so far, and most of us didn''t even get that. There is a reason why you don''t see his boxes in our photo shoots. That''s cause we got made in China boxes. Is it too much to ask to have a lovely box for our lovely rings? Hey if we all band together, he can mail us one, to make up for it!!!
11.gif
9.gif
31.gif

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 11:52:58 PM
Author: BriBee

That is a pretty ''nifty'' box
9.gif

But now I''m DYING to see a picture of the cheapy boxes.....anyone?
Oh yes, quite the niftiness...indeed...
daydreaming.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m shocked! Even my little 1.6 ctw eternity band came in a gorgeous engraved wooden box from our local jeweler. My e-ring (from the same jeweler) came in a special black presentation ring box. I think presentation is very important, that''s why we wrap gifts up so prettily with paper and bows--it means something!

I would be very disappointed if my engagement ring was delivered in a cheapy box. Man oh man, that stinks.

Snooper''s box doesn''t even look THAT special--how much could it cost?

Here''s the box that my $3,500 eternity band came in. I''m so glad we didn''t have to reach a minimum amount spent to get it, I love it!

WBBoxPSHaven2.jpg

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 12:12:53 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 7/30/2008 11:57:50 PM

Mr.2Artists
The box in the picture is the nicest box he's given so far, and most of us didn't even get that. There is a reason why you don't see his boxes in our photo shoots. That's cause we got made in China boxes. Is it too much to ask to have a lovely box for our lovely rings? Hey if we all band together, he can mail us one, to make up for it!!!
11.gif
9.gif
31.gif
Oh, I think you all should make him make up for it...
paddle.gif

In all seriousness, why not? But now that he is making people pay for pics, he'll probably want to charge you a cool $50 for one...or more...
bandit.gif

And I agree with Haven and the others - presentation is key.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah it is key. It is a key part of branding. Don''t rings from Tiffany''s and Cartier have signature boxes that are integral to their brands'' success?

Mr. 2Artists

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Well, hopefully he will read this thread or hear about it and will get some nicer boxes!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Was it at least nicer than this?

cardboardbox.jpg

Mrs. Smitty

Rough_Rock
I do not have a LM ring, but I thought I''d just add my $.02.

When I had my loose diamond from GOG, and I was deciding on a setting, I ran across a beautiful ring he had done on here. So I figured I would try to call him and see what it would cost. The woman who answered the phone was very pleasant, but she said he was on another call. So he had to call me back. Well, when he finally did get around to calling me back, I was unable to answer. You would think he would take the time to leave a message for a potential new customer. But no, there was no "new voicemail". He must have been too busy for that. When I called him back, he was very rude and arrogant. I had several questions for him, and he just answered them with one word answers. And he treated me like an idiot for having any questions at all. I understand that his work is beautiful, but I opted for another setting because I refused to deal with him any further!

He must feel like he does not need any new work, or else I can''t understand why he would have treated me like that.

But I hope you get your pretty box....you deserve it for your beautiful ring.

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Here is a picture of my e-ring in its cheap black velvet box. I also received a seperate one for my band! I guess he was feeling generous!
2.gif
Seriously though, Leon was very kind and helpful to me and I found him very pleasant. My rings were sent back this week because the e-ring is too small so I will request one of his "good" boxes when he ships them back. I''ll let you know how that goes!
31.gif

leonbox1.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 12:30:31 AM
Author: Elegant

Oh, I think you all should make him make up for it...
paddle.gif

In all seriousness, why not? But now that he is making people pay for pics, he''ll probably want to charge you a cool $50 for one...or more...
bandit.gif

And I agree with Haven and the others - presentation is key.
What???

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve gotten the cheap made in china before and yes, that is my box as Jelly posted and I didn''t pay extra.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
What??? What is he charging for photos??? I am starting to think he prefers to work with the trade and not with individuals. Working with the trade only would alleviate those customer service issues that he seems to fall short with.

I also was quite surprised to find my ring in a cheesy box that had the lid fall off after I opened and closed it 3 or 4 times.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Yup, we got the cheap box (picture attached). We were disappointed as we''d seen the picture of the fancy box and never imagined we wouldn''t get that one.

leon_box.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
33.gif

I think there are actually two Leon Meges. That''s the only way I can explain away his inconsistencies.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I got the cheap box as well. I was honestly shocked. Our loose diamond from GOG came in a much nicer box and thats what got used when my boyfried proposed. I just figured it was because we didnt spend a ton of money on a pave masterpiece, but I''m glad to hear it just wasnt me. If crookedrock''s ring didnt get a box I dont know how anyone gets a box.
20.gif
Although I will say that he was always polite to me on the phone and in emails.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
He''s been very polite and helpful in phone calls with me as well. I never felt rushed or like I wasn''t worth his time.

Now can someone clarify the "makes you pay for pictures" comment? He really doesn''t take pics any more??? WTH?

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! I appear to have opened a whole can of worms!!
19.gif

All your replies are so interesting! Yes, that''s the box that I got - the same as Delster, Jelly and co. And yes, I was expecting something along the lines of the nice branded box that was pictured, with his name on. I''m both surprised and at the same time, I''ll be honest, a little heartened that other people got the same box - I mean, as RLG says, if Crooked''s amazing and super-detailed masterpiece didn''t get a special box, then what hope is there for the rest of us! The reason I say I''m heartened is because, TBH, I was a bit offended to get what I thought of as a second-rate box. I thought he thought of my ring as small fry - and worse, of my fiance and I as second rate customers, not worthy of the box. Granted, we didn''t get our stone thru'' Leon - maybe that''s when you get the box? I remember well that gorgeous emerald three stone ring (the birthday one) that specifically mentioned the box, so maybe if you buy your diamonds thru'' Leon also, you qualify? I don''t know! But the sensitive side of me is at least happy that other people with more ornate creations than mine got the same treatment, so it''s not reflecting badly on me.

TBH, I''m just so SURPRISED that he doesn''t seem to value what his lovely creations come in! He has put so much work into other aspects of his brand - his website, his office (he''s totally created a branded atmosphere there, with the Medieval-style wooden door, quirky, old-world decor and atmosphere), his ornate logo - hey, he sells mugs and pendants of his logo! - but he doesn''t give paying customers their final product in something that completes the cycle. It''s baffling to me!

35.gif
CK

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 9:40:59 AM
Author: purrfectpear
He''s been very polite and helpful in phone calls with me as well. I never felt rushed or like I wasn''t worth his time.

Now can someone clarify the ''makes you pay for pictures'' comment? He really doesn''t take pics any more??? WTH?
He used to take them himself, now he''s hired a photographer, and is passing the cost on.

http://www.artofplatinum.com/start/order/rules_photo.php

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Hi PurrfectPear -

The photo comment is based on what''s on his website - http://www.artofplatinum.com/start/order/rules_photo.php

In his "rules of engagement" section, he has a new bit on photography, which states: "In the past I was often making exceptions and, despite my policy not to provide photographs, was sending pictures of finished pieces before they were shipped. Unfortunately I cannot do it anymore. Richard and I have an agreement. I will never use a camera and in return he will never make jewelry. Please do not ask me for photographs - I won''t be able to help you. I must keep my word."

When my ring was finished, I got a nice email from Rachael saying it was done, with an attachment - I was hoping it would be a photo (despite what''s written above).... but it was just the invoice for what we still owed, d''oh!
28.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Say, a picture really IS worth a thousand words. I think this sums it up nicely.
9.gif
And even my WF cluster pendant in the background, which cost roughly 1/4 the price of my LM, came in a much nicer box. There's just no excuse.
11.gif

p.s. I love this thread, I think it's hysterical, in a sad kind of way....

Elcheapobox.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL!! Great picture El !
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
As catty as I may sound, this thread is just encouraging me furthur to never buy from this man. It seems that he is more moody than a pregnant woman - one day he''s pleasant, the next he''s a jerk.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 10:47:40 AM
Author: Lorelei
LOL!! Great picture El !
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Fanks.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2008 10:51:27 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/31/2008 10:47:40 AM
LOL!! Great picture El !
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Fanks.
9.gif
Hehe! I think you will soon be getting a visit from Coaties'' bunny.....
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 10:59:41 AM

Hehe! I think you will soon be getting a visit from Coaties'' bunny.....
41.gif
LOL! Maybe....

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 12:36:02 AM
Yeah it is key. It is a key part of branding. Don''t rings from Tiffany''s and Cartier have signature boxes that are integral to their brands'' success?

Mr. 2Artists
I have 5 Cartier boxes that I caught my fiance ALMOST THROWING AWAY during our move this past weekend! Silly boy.

For the money you spend on Leon''s work, I cannot believe he wouldn''t want to present them in a lovely box. It makes no sense to me.
33.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
GREAT picture, Ellen! Ha, I love it.

I have to say I''m shocked to hear that LM has been rude to people over the phone. When we were shopping for my engagement ring my hubby called him several times about different settings because I kept on changing my mind. I didn''t want to bias hubby''s perception of LM, so I didn''t mention anything about what I''d read regarding LM''s phone manner. After each call hubby said he was fine, very straightforward and uninterested in making small talk or anything, but professional and easy to speak with. And we wanted to make a bunch of changes to a setting from his website, and he still wasn''t rude.

However, hubby is also very straightforward and doesn''t care for small talk and other things that "waste" time, so perhaps they are compatible in that way.

We ended up having my ring made by our local jeweler because I chose a very simple setting after all that research, but we would have worked with LM if I wanted a pave setting.

Gwennie, I think you''re right--there must be two LMs out there.

Anyway, I''m really enjoying this thread. I actually like seeing the different boxes everyone has--anyone have any more pictures?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not an LM owner and probably shouldn't stick my nose into this thread, but I'm indifferent about boxes. I'm more interested in the contents than the packaging.
2.gif
The store where I got my Royal Asscher gave me a hideous box which I threw away. When I got my radiant from T & Co, I told them I didn't need a box for it. If I ever get anything from LM, he could put it in a paper bag for all I care, as long as I'm satisfied with the item.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 6:50:57 AM
Author: gwendolyn
33.gif

I think there are actually two Leon Meges. That''s the only way I can explain away his inconsistencies.

yeah there must be! There really does seem to be two different people in that office! I can''t believe that he wouldn''t give everyone the nice box. It''s not like it''s small change that you''re giving him when you''re buying a setting from him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results