shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege owners - did you get a LM box?

Did you get a special Leon Mege box with your LM piece?

• Sure I did! I got a quality box to match the quality product!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
So I just picked up my e-ring from LM, and was given it in a cheap-ish black velvet box with a "made in china" sticker on the bottom. I thought I''d be getting a nice LM box! If you have a LM piece, did you get a LM box?

Thanks!

CK

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

I don''t have a LM, but just wanted to chime in and say that stinks!

I know he had a "closeout" (not the exact term he used) ring on his site that he specifically said would not get his signature Italian leather ring box because he was selling it for such a good price... perhaps he gives out the leather box based on price?

40.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I see it hasn''t changed ( I got my ring maybe 3 years ago) Black cardboard box (orange on the sides) with cushion. One of the cheapest boxes I''ve ever seen. But the ring was beautiful
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Leon...... so weird. Some of these things will never cease to amaze. I recall Harriet (who is quite a good Leon customer, I would say!) mentioning that he would not give her the nice box for her spinel (I think?) ring. What??? strange.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its like some kind of weird joke he has with himself. I wouldn''t like a cheapy box if I spent loads on a ring.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, but it seems no matter what that man does, people will still go, and still go to him, to have their rings done by him...so no matter what, many people seem to overlook his crass behavior and excuse it to being artistic...nothing that I hear that he does surprises me anymore. He knows he can get away with anything and still have people crawling back to him...I don't mean to be an ass - and I will also admit that his rings are very beautiful and I have often admired PS rings made by him - but he treats so many people like peasants, and that's not right...

You would think that ANY creation he made would go in a LM box because it is a LM creation...I wonder what price point = nice LM box? If you would have paid $100 more would you have gotten a LM box?

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I remember seeing that beautiful 3-stone w/ EC center he listed as a "Birthday Special" for about 11K and it said "without the Leon Mege Box". I was shocked....He has since edited the listing...and it is now 14K and there is no mention of the box...

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 6:22:33 PM
Author: UCLABelle
I remember seeing that beautiful 3-stone w/ EC center he listed as a ''Birthday Special'' for about 11K and it said ''without the Leon Mege Box''. I was shocked....He has since edited the listing...and it is now 14K and there is no mention of the box...
Yep, that was the one I was thinking of too! Strange wording in that listing!
26.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I would ask him for a box. And if he was "out" then I would request that he sends one at his earliest convenience. Your gorgeous ring definitely deserves a special box...

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 6:22:33 PM
Author: UCLABelle
I remember seeing that beautiful 3-stone w/ EC center he listed as a ''Birthday Special'' for about 11K and it said ''without the Leon Mege Box''. I was shocked....He has since edited the listing...and it is now 14K and there is no mention of the box...
Just as an FYI, he said in the first listing that it was a limited offer and that the ring would go back to the original price. So he did exactly what he said he would
2.gif

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
So I guess you would have to spend a good $14,000 to get a nifty box?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I can''t say I''ve ever seen this box before. Does anyone have a picture of it?

Is it that great? Maybe you can just order your own or ask him if you can buy the nice one from him? Couldn''t hurt to ask.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Are there any men who bought a ring from him as a surprize for ther GF who can chime in??? Just would be interesting to see if they got nice boxes.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 6:40:01 PM
Author: Elegant
I don''t know but I think I''m going to have Leon reset my 1.54 emerald cut and I''ll see if I can''t have it put in the work order "must include nifty box"
9.gif
2.gif

Naw, better not. He might start throwing solder at me.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
It''s just a box. I can''t believe he''s stingy with it.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that you are all girls and he didn''t think you''d need the box for "presentation" purposes?

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 7:38:42 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Date: 7/30/2008 6:40:01 PM

I don''t know but I think I''m going to have Leon reset my 1.54 emerald cut and I''ll see if I can''t have it put in the work order ''must include nifty box''
9.gif
2.gif

Naw, better not. He might start throwing solder at me.
Ha! That was funny!
27.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol I got the cheap black box, and was somewhat shocked. My GOG and WF boxes are way nicer. I was frankly surprised he would showcase his stuff in such a way..... I dun get it.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i would love to be a fly on his wall when he reads ps. i am totally convinced that he reads this stuff and laughs his head off. does anybody else think so?

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 5:54:18 PM
Yeah, but it seems no matter what that man does, people will still go, and still go to him, to have their rings done by him...so no matter what, many people seem to overlook his crass behavior and excuse it to being artistic...nothing that I hear that he does surprises me anymore. He knows he can get away with anything and still have people crawling back to him...I don''t mean to be an ass - and I will also admit that his rings are very beautiful and I have often admired PS rings made by him - but he treats so many people like peasants, and that''s not right...

You would think that ANY creation he made would go in a LM box because it is a LM creation...I wonder what price point = nice LM box? If you would have paid $100 more would you have gotten a LM box?
your not being an ass at all, i read all kinds of stories about him and every time wonder why he treats people like that
even though his work is beautiful he will never earn my business

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I am so glad this has been brought up. I mean seriously, some cheapo box?? I got my ring in a nondescript cheap A** box from China too. I think, it's all in the presentation. I have bought online from several vendors, their boxes are awesome. I am a stickler that way. I was really floored that Leon sends his gorgeous Masterpieces in a cardboard crapolla box. Not a work of art, to showcase his work of art. Ok you can tell this hit a nerve with me.
29.gif

If I were him, I'd make the boxes as special as the rings, well within cost. But don't put a piece of art in a box that wouldn't befit the lovely ring. I did the ring for my 20th anniversary, so no biggie it wasn't a suprise.. But it would have been nice if he paid some attention to the presentation of the ring. P for POOR.
14.gif

For an ering, Oh man I would be really upset. I would love to tell him how I feel, but truth is, he's so busy, he wouldn't care a less. He's lost my business going forward. And it's not because of the box, but what he has done to other's. He has no respect for people, it's his way or the highway.
11.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Put me down as not getting a special box! I recently saw a pic of one here on PS and thought, "what the heck??"
And my issue with him did not occur until after the ring had left his office. So trust me, it isn''t about how much you spend! So what does it take to get the darn box?!?!?!!!

Hmmm
33.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thats really crapola and strange I mean seriously why not use a decent box like others have said. I will be peeed if my ring comes in some maul style box.

Does anyone have pictures of the truely crappy box or the really nice one for that matter?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Maybe the really fancy boxes are reserved for superstar clients, like sports figures or actors? It seems like he has a box complex--he even mentioned it in a listing...

But I think the real issue goes way beyond the box.

I can go along with Leon being an "artist" but that does not give him cartblanche to be off putting to those who really support his opperation. To not pop in and say "hello" or "thank you for your business" is very rude when you''ve just put a great ammount of money into his bank account. He should be working towards building life long clients and strong working relationships as opposed to simply manufacturing great rings. Because, lets face it, there are many many talented jewelry designers. I have noticed many people whom have worked with Leon in the past saying that they wouldn''t do it again...which is sad because he does appear to have talent.

But I guess it''s like getting your hair cut. Most women would rather get an okay-pretty-good style from a stylist they absolutely adored than to get a great-great-great style from a stylist they didnt care for.

I think that, while he appears to do a par job, I wouldn''t give him my business simply because I would want to enjoy the whole experience...including the box...not just the end result.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I threw out the box, it was an insult to my beautiful ring.
15.gif

dutchflowers

Rough_Rock
I got the cheap-o box too! I remember seeing his "fancy" box on here - who had it? I think the person had her princess and wedding band by Leon? It looked really nice.
9.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 10:56:38 PM
Author: dutchflowers
I got the cheap-o box too! I remember seeing his ''fancy'' box on here - who had it? I think the person had her princess and wedding band by Leon? It looked really nice.
9.gif
Snooper.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Snoopers ring box and gorgeous lovelies from LM. I hope she doesn''t mind me posting this pic here:

snooperlm.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
This man is a jerk, plain and simple.
I mean, hiow much does he think these "special" boxes are worth??
33.gif
38.gif

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
That is a pretty "nifty" box
9.gif

But now I''m DYING to see a picture of the cheapy boxes.....anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results