shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s finally finished!! Thankyou GOG and WF..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slayt

Rough_Rock
yep im just getting a standard setting made im really hoping it all gets done in time
23.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 5:37:19 AM
Author: slayt
yep im just getting a standard setting made im really hoping it all gets done in time
23.gif
I''ll have my fingers crossed for you!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 8:55:12 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 7/8/2008 8:24:54 AM
Author: gwendolyn
OMG ARJ SHE IS BEEEEEEEEEEEEEYOOOOOTIFUL!!!!!! HUGE, SPARKLY, WHITE (HOLY COW, SO WHITE!
6.gif
), AND JUST GORGEOUS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Date: 7/8/2008 7:25:40 AM
Yes Lorelei, definate huge shout out to Jon and WF!

Thanks Dee! No I haven''t yet. I know the whole things silly, but she seems like she needs something girly but kinda tough - because she''s big in my eyes! Something like Billy..?

I dunno, do you have any suggestions?
1.gif
Ooh, she could be named Billie, like Billie Piper--or George like my boyfriend''s sister (short for Georgette), or maybe Alex or Alexis? Or you could just cut out the middleman and name her ''Tomboy''?
3.gif
2.gif

Whatever her name is/will be, she is stunning!!!
30.gif
Oh thankyou Gwen darling!
I like your name suggestions, I''m liking Billie - I don''t have a puppy or a daughter yet, so it''s kind of my fun chance to choose one of those names you would''ve always liked for yourself, lol. (I know, kinda weird
40.gif
2.gif
)

I''ll have to look at some of those obscure model''s names..hmm.
anyway, like you said - without a name, she is gorgeous and I love her!
To Gwen, and anyone else interested/who doesn''t think me insane...after living with her for a lil while, I''ve decided my diamond is called...(drumroll)...

PERRY! and last name Rocks. So, Perry Rocks. ha ha

I felt she needed something edgy, as she definately has a presence, but yet still feminine.
5.gif

btw, She sure does attract attention - first day at work, I think about 5 customers (who''s counting?
12.gif
) commented on my "new ring" (plus of course co-workers)...
..and I have to admit, Perry and I love all the attention...
28.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 10:20:45 PM
Cheers Ellen for the tips, you''re a champ. Just on the topic of keeping it clean (already finding that a chanllenge, lol), what would you suggest as someone with a similiar ring? Just the dishsoap and baby toothbrush, or would it be worth investing in an ultrasonic? Just your opinion, of course!
1.gif
No problemo! And I saw your post in the fire thread and put my 2 pennies in there also, in case you didn''t see it.

IMO, yes, anyone who has a ring that can go into a US needs one. I keep my ring scrupulously clean, and I still can''t get it to shine like it does with a US. I highly recommend them, and if budget allows, get a good one. I went through two less expensive models before getting the Crest heated US. Should have just gotten that one off the bat. It''s been great, no problems.

I clean mine by hand every day except for once to twice a week when I use the US.
28.gif

I can''t wait for your thread!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 7:27:46 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/8/2008 10:20:45 PM
Cheers Ellen for the tips, you''re a champ. Just on the topic of keeping it clean (already finding that a chanllenge, lol), what would you suggest as someone with a similiar ring? Just the dishsoap and baby toothbrush, or would it be worth investing in an ultrasonic? Just your opinion, of course!
1.gif
No problemo! And I saw your post in the fire thread and put my 2 pennies in there also, in case you didn''t see it.

IMO, yes, anyone who has a ring that can go into a US needs one. I keep my ring scrupulously clean, and I still can''t get it to shine like it does with a US. I highly recommend them, and if budget allows, get a good one. I went through two less expensive models before getting the Crest heated US. Should have just gotten that one off the bat. It''s been great, no problems.

I clean mine by hand every day except for once to twice a week when I use the US.
28.gif

I can''t wait for your thread!
36.gif
Thankyou sweetheart!
I''m thinking of the Gemoro Sparkle Spa, any opinion on this one?

Also, and sorry about all the Q''s, but I actually *cough* don''t know exactly how to clean it by hand..as in, I''ve got the baby toothbrush, but what products are best to use? And how do I dry it, or let it air dry?

You''re a doll, cheers so much for your advice!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 7:57:28 AM
Thankyou sweetheart!
I'm thinking of the Gemoro Sparkle Spa, any opinion on this one?

Also, and sorry about all the Q's, but I actually *cough* don't know exactly how to clean it by hand..as in, I've got the baby toothbrush, but what products are best to use? And how do I dry it, or let it air dry?

You're a doll, cheers so much for your advice!
1.gif
I had that basic model, and the SI US also, and neither one held up. Now, maybe I just had bad luck, but they aren't near as sturdily made as the Crest model. If you can swing for the Crest or something similar, that's what I would recommend.

Since you have a gold setting, you can use what I do. (ammonia works the best, but we can't use it, eats away at the Rhodium/gold). I use Dawn dishwashing liquid to clean by hand. Hot water and a squirt in a cup, let soak a few minutes, gently scrub with tb. Rinse well. For the US, I use water and Mr. Clean. For some reason, when I try Dawn in it, it gets this cloudy white coating on the ring/tank. Can't figure out why, maybe I'm using too much? Anyway, I just use Mr. Clean. I've also used a solution that came with my first US, it's called GESSWEIN US Solution, and it works really well. (you can find it online)

As for drying, now don't laugh, after rinsing, I blow as much water out from the ring as I can. Then I take a hair dryer to it on high.
9.gif
I'm anal though, don't want water spots. Just don't hold it right up on the diamond, stay back several inches.

One other tip for keeping it clean. Just take it off if your cooking and mixing stuff with your hands. That's so much easier than trying to clean crud out of your ring.
28.gif

HTH!

OH! And whatever you do, do not let that diamond go from hot cleaning water to a cold rinse!! ALWAYS make sure you rinse with hot, or you could crack the diamond.
40.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, you are the best! That does help alot, infact I''m off to clean her now.
And I''m really glad you mentioned that cracking thing, as I had no idea
6.gif

emthup.gif
emrose.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy cleaning!
9.gif
2.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so beautiful! That diamond is amazing. We need profile shots! We need a lot more (A LOT MORE) shots!! :)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jane, I''ve been waiting for your pics to show up in SMTR!

It came out beautiful, surely worth the wait. Your new stone is absolutely gorgeous and Whiteflash did an impeccable job with your mounting. It''s just perfect!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Aj threadjack
1.gif
. Slayt I did it on line and just filled out the forms as they asked for number etc. On the second transition that didn''t go through I sent a securemail with the details + rang as well that''s when they told me I didn''t have the correct something or other and I knew that it was wrong that I didn''t need it and it went through in a re few days

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Isabelle and Gemgirl!
I do promise more photos as soon as I have the time and some sunshine! Its winter here now, bleck
14.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow it''s a beauty! Those fire shots are amazing!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Take a bow chicky - you did well!!!
36.gif

I am sure you and Perry are going to be very happy together!! She is truly divine!

I was just reading another thread and I saw that you are thinking about a milgrain wband - me too!!!!
9.gif
I keep changing my mind between a 2mm channel set wb (think Tiffs) and a 2mm beat set band with milgrain!

What are your thoughts? Do you have pics? Maybe we should start another thread maybe?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 5:30:26 PM
Author: honey22
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Take a bow chicky - you did well!!!
36.gif

I am sure you and Perry are going to be very happy together!! She is truly divine!

I was just reading another thread and I saw that you are thinking about a milgrain wband - me too!!!!
9.gif
I keep changing my mind between a 2mm channel set wb (think Tiffs) and a 2mm beat set band with milgrain!

What are your thoughts? Do you have pics? Maybe we should start another thread maybe?
Is there a "take a bow smiley", lol!
Thankyou Honey, you're so funny.
I would either get a bead set milgrain band, also a-la-Tiff's, or my ideal band is BECG's Bev K one (so sad that she returned it!)

pic here, but obviously in yellow gold. I actually have one of the awesome reps at Pearlmans' on alert to notify me if any BK bands come in on special, lol!
Maybe I should make a wedding date before thinking about wedding bands...? nah!
11.gif
9.gif

(pic credit to BECG, hope you don't mind).

pearl%203.jpg

honey22

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
You''re worried about setting a wedding date before looking at bands? I am still waiting for the ering!
40.gif
There is nothing wrong with a bit of forward thinking hey?
11.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 10:46:15 PM
23.gif
You''re worried about setting a wedding date before looking at bands? I am still waiting for the ering!
40.gif
11.gif
I can''t believe how patient you have been!!
Are you telling me that WF beauty is still going to waste in the safe?!
When''s the day, do you have plans or is he trying to surprise you?
3.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

slayt

Rough_Rock
hi, just another question about the tax, did you wait for fedex to call you or did you contact them regarding it?, im trying to get it here asap so im trying to find out if i can make it easier to get through customs ie. have it prepaid

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 9:05:13 AM

Date: 7/10/2008 10:46:15 PM
23.gif
40.gif
11.gif
I can''t believe how patient you have been!!
Are you telling me that WF beauty is still going to waste in the safe?!
When''s the day, do you have plans or is he trying to surprise you?
3.gif
I am a patient woman, I agree! Well, I think heck, I''ve waiting 12 years (our anni is this Thursday), so I can wait a bid longer hey?

He really wants to suprise me - maybe he is thinking I will forget about the ring?
20.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 4:06:14 AM
hi, just another question about the tax, did you wait for fedex to call you or did you contact them regarding it?, im trying to get it here asap so im trying to find out if i can make it easier to get through customs ie. have it prepaid
I had my ring shipped from WF too, and you have to wait until Fedex calls. They will call as soon as it''s cleared from customs, and you have to pay the money, and then they will release it from their office.

My package was shipped to the melbourne Fedex station, which just happens to be in the next suburb. I got a call saying it''s been cleared by customs but won''t be released from their office until I pay Fedex the money. I paid with my credit card over the phone, hung up and got straight into the car and drove to Fedex where it was waiting in another area of the office. They said I had to wait 10 minutes for them to get it, as it was in the clearing area or whatever, and around 5 mins later the package was in my hot little hands!

I don''t believe you can have it pre-cleared, as they only find out how much you owe them when customs verifies and clears it. For example, I had to provide customs with another copy of my commercial invoice from WF so they could confirm what was in the package, and the value of it - another reason not to lie to customs or try and do a naughty with declaring what''s in the package to avoid duties!

slayt

Rough_Rock
so you got a call from customs saying that they needed your invoice and you had to send them a copy? how long did yours take to get here in total? how long in customs?

so basically fedex pays for it to clear customs than you pay them what they paid customs ? out of interest how was customs? and the total price of your package?

thanks sorry for all the questions

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 6:10:19 AM
so you got a call from customs saying that they needed your invoice and you had to send them a copy? how long did yours take to get here in total? how long in customs?

so basically fedex pays for it to clear customs than you pay them what they paid customs ? out of interest how was customs? and the total price of your package?

thanks sorry for all the questions
No probs, I will try to answer them all as best I can, although it was 5 months ago, so you will have to bear my with memory.

I, like you, was very keen to get my hands on my package, so I kept calling Fedex and logging on to their online tracking system to see where my package was. I found the online system was actually behind, it obviously takes time to update.

I have just scanned through my emails, and I got an email on Friday morning to say the package had been shipped, which was Thursday afternoon/evening US time. It arrived in Australia sometime over the weekend, and on Monday when I called, they told me my shipping number and did a check on the package. The computer told them that it was held up in customs and that I needed to fax Fedex a copy of the commercial invoice which I did that morning. I called in the afternoon to check if they received the fax and they said it was now with customs to clear. I called customs (I know, desperate!) and they explained that Fedex lodges the paperwork on my behalf, bascially they fax all the paperwork and my invoice to customs, they check it and give Fedex the clearance to release the package after the duties have been paid. Tuesday afternoon about 2pm I got a call from Fedex saying I needed to pay them the customs duties (they obviously pay on my behalf to customs and I pay Fedex direct) via cc and they immediately took the hold off the package. I picked it up about 20 mins later.

I think that if I hadn't have called Fedex Monday morning, it would have taken a day or two for them to get around to calling me regarding the holdup, so if you worried, just give them a call. Whiteflash doesn't provide a tracking number as they track the package themselves, but I just called up Fedex and asked for my tracking number - I obviously had to provide lots of details about my package, including my details and details of WF (address etc). That got them moving a bit faster I think having me call and hassle them to clear the package. I also requested the package be held at the Fedex station near me (not just an outlet, but one of their actualy stations), so I didn't have to wait for it to be delivered which would have taken another day or two.

My ering came to $6000 AU dollars (including the shipping and insurance fees paid to WF) and I paid around $950 customs duties and GST etc on top of that. It's not cheap, but worth every penny.

If I can answer anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!

ETA - I actually didn't need to deal with customs at all, I just misunderstood the lady on the phone at Fedex and called them to see if the package had cleared, you really only need to deal with Fedex, customs can't actually help you.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 4:06:14 AM
Hi Slayt,
sorry I havent answered sooner. I know Honey has already answered, but I will give you my story aswell, as its a lil bit different.

I just basically watched the progress on the FedEx Track website, which seems to be pretty accurate...WF did provide me my FedEx tracking number by email,
a day or so after posting it, which you just plug in here http://fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=us (not sure, perhaps they have updated their system Honey?).
5.gif

Whilst its in transit, customer service doesn't seem able to tell you anymore than the website - at least that was my experience.

Like Honey, my package was delayed by 1 day, as it was ready for delivery but no body tried to phone me to pay the duties and have it released.
So my answer would be yes, phone them but only once its reached the actual "delivery centre" in your home city - this will likely be the time you can make a difference by being pro active.
I understand it is usual practice for them to phone you, but if you're keen to save time, I don't see the harm in taking the lead.

I didn't have to fax or send anything at all, and this is the 2nd package I have had like this from the US. I'm sure WF and FedEx sort it all for you.

I don't believe there is any way to "pre clear" or speed the process up - but you could ask. Once your package arrives, you will have a FedEx broker who will calculate the taxes etc that are due.
If I have the process correct, then it is forwarded to your local delivery centre, you pay with CC over the phone. I guess if its convenient, you could drive over like Honey did to their offices. But I found they were efficient - I paid at about 4.30pm and it was delivered at 9am the next morning.

Hope that helps, when is your expected delivery date?

With regards to the charges, I believe we may have already discussed what the taxes will be? But if you're cool with disclosing to me how much your ring's value will be total, then I will happily work it out for you. I will also need the shipping and insurance costs - these will be itemised on your WF invoice.
Otherwise I can explain again how to work it yourself if you'd prefer not to say.
1.gif

slayt

Rough_Rock
cool that was extremly helpful, my estimated time for delivery was the 18th or 21st of july if it was sent today as it was scheduled, i was told it would be sent monday however they didnt email me with the tracking number or to say it has been shipped? im hoping it has and there just a bit slow

thanks again youve been a big help

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 4:09:27 PM
cool that was extremly helpful, my estimated time for delivery was the 18th or 21st of july if it was sent today as it was scheduled, i was told it would be sent monday however they didnt email me with the tracking number or to say it has been shipped? im hoping it has and there just a bit slow

thanks again youve been a big help
No worries! I guess we have to remember due to the time difference, its best to wait at least a day as they''re a day behind. Then if you don''t receive the email with the tracking nbr just ask
5.gif

Do you have a pic from WF to share?

slayt

Rough_Rock
what are your thoughts? i really like it, do you think it sits up a bit high though? im not sure i love the first couple of pics but the side on shot it looks VERY high how high do you think in mm?
97019i.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results