shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s finally finished!! Thankyou GOG and WF..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!!!!! Does that mean you will have it tomorrow?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2008 8:08:03 PM
Author: softly softly
Not sure - maybe monday or tuesday I think..
tapping.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2008 9:42:36 PM
Author: arjunajane

tapping.gif
39.gif

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
AJ: Sorry for the late reply. Yea I am in the market for a diamond but won''t pull the trigger till probably October-ish. I search WF and GOG everyday lol. I think the reason I am scared of a lower grade color and clarity is one time I was in a B&M store and they showed me a "I" next to a "G" I think, and there was a huge diff to me. The "I" had VERY noticeable yellow and it just really turned me off. Since then, I''ve only been searching for colors G and up and clarity VV.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 9:50:56 AM
Author: Love2Travel
AJ: Sorry for the late reply. Yea I am in the market for a diamond but won''t pull the trigger till probably October-ish. I search WF and GOG everyday lol. I think the reason I am scared of a lower grade color and clarity is one time I was in a B&M store and they showed me a ''I'' next to a ''G'' I think, and there was a huge diff to me. The ''I'' had VERY noticeable yellow and it just really turned me off. Since then, I''ve only been searching for colors G and up and clarity VV.
Thats ok!
I hear you about being concerned, I''m not sure who the jeweller was, but I will say this is probably one of the oldest tricks in the book. The "I" they showed you, either due to a poor cut or just dishonesty, was probably more like an L/M.
Have you looked through some of the threads with "lower" colour stones on PS, such as the J thread - they are all just amazing.

I think now you are dealing with GOG or WF, it is a whole different kettle of fish from your average jeweller. For one thing, as I''m sure you''re already aware, a stone cut to ideal proportions instead of poorly cut can/will actually mask body warmth. So therefore an ideal cut J will return more light and look whiter than a poorly cut G.

And with certified si1 clarity from a reputable vendor and lab, you will have a hard time finding any inclusions, even usually with a loupe. Personally, and many on PS seem to agree, I would not buy higher than VS2 or VS1 - anything VVS or higher is just not discernable and simply attracts a higher premium.

Anyway, I''m sorry I sound preachy. I am in no way advocating that "lower" colour stones are for everyone - some people are more colour sensitive, and you may be one.
Infact it was a hard decision for me to go with a K. But for those of us on a budget, they are stones that can represent really great value.
Also for me, I prefer the slight "warmth" that comes with the I/J/K range - I don''t have my K yet, so I will reserve judgement for you until its here. But I am not worried about seeing any yellow at all.

The tutorials here and on GOG''s site on cut clarity and colour are a great educational resource, have you checked them out yet?
I''m sure I and others will be more than happy to help you find your hearts'' desire come October, and with GOG or WF you''re in very safe hands.
1.gif

(sorry about the rambling response, its late where I am, lol!)
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 5:14:58 AM
Author: Lorelei

tapping.gif
39.gif
boohoo1.gif
Whistle2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2008 12:18:01 PM

Date: 7/6/2008 5:14:58 AM

tapping.gif
39.gif
boohoo1.gif
Whistle2.gif
Too right! BLAST - I hate waiting for anything!!!! T''will be a gorgeous ring though and I am so excited for you!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
grumble grumble..had to pay
22.gif
7.gif
duty and customs today to release my girl from hostage at FedEx...
I hope they didn''t hurt her, I should have her by tomorrow after work with any luck. Its going to be the longest day at work!
40.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Arunajane its stunning
30.gif
30.gif
Well done can''t wait to see hand shots you did good kid
2.gif

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
tick, tick, tick, tick....

It''s gonna be a long day
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
IT''S HERE!!!!!
cheerleader1.gif
woohoo.gif

Sheesh, that was The Longest day at work ever, but wow was it worth it.

She is soooo gorgeous, soooo big, and so so so white! I mean unbelievably white.
I can''t believe I was ever even concerned about a K from GOG, this diamond is stunning.
And the setting is just perfection - it fits so well I''m even surprised, the yellow gold is awesome and the quality is just so impressive.

Once again, THANKYOU GOG and WF - you''re the best!

I do promise numerous photos everyone, just give me some time to adjust, lol..

oh and thankyou Katebar!

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Congrats AJ!

Will be checking in the morning for some photos
18.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2008 4:41:32 AM
IT''S HERE!!!!!
cheerleader1.gif
woohoo.gif

Sheesh, that was The Longest day at work ever, but wow was it worth it.

She is soooo gorgeous, soooo big, and so so so white! I mean unbelievably white.
I can''t believe I was ever even concerned about a K from GOG, this diamond is stunning.
And the setting is just perfection - it fits so well I''m even surprised, the yellow gold is awesome and the quality is just so impressive.

Once again, THANKYOU GOG and WF - you''re the best!

I do promise numerous photos everyone, just give me some time to adjust, lol..

oh and thankyou Katebar!

OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!!

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Photos?!?!

REFRESH
6.gif

REFRESH
6.gif

REFRESH
6.gif

REFRESH
6.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2008 6:22:52 AM
Author: honey22
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Photos?!?!

REFRESH
6.gif

REFRESH
6.gif

REFRESH
6.gif

REFRESH
6.gif
Honey you crack me up!!!

yeah. photos???
28.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:) YAY foto''s soon? :D

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wakey wakey AJ, I know it is probably early hours of the morning in OZ, but we need peetures - get cracking!!!
9.gif
11.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Sorrreeee..had to go out, but here I am.
Now, I had about 5mins of dying sunlight and also dying camera battery to shoot these - so these are just kind of "introduction" pics, and the real deal will come later.
I knew you PS guys and gals (especially gals) wouldn''t let me sneak off without at least some pics!

in the box

DSC00393-edit.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, thats huge. Sorry, new camera...which, btw, I think does a pretty smashing job!

up close on hand

DSC00389-closehand.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
the stunning Legato - ladies and gentleman...for (I think) the first time on PS, in yellow gold - yay!

WF did such a good job - I love this setting!

DSC00395-edit.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And one handshot, until I get better!

finger size 4.5

handnew edit1.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are too kind!! That ring is GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!! You must be so excited, congrats AJ!!! It looks so white too!!!

It also looks huge on your hand!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 6:27:50 AM

Date: 7/8/2008 6:22:52 AM
Author: honey22
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Photos?!?!

REFRESH
6.gif

REFRESH
6.gif

REFRESH
6.gif

REFRESH
6.gif
Honey you crack me up!!!

yeah. photos???
28.gif
lol, she cracks me too!
Honey, I have to say, we were discussing my new camera and it really is awesome. I hadn''t even used it until now, and first time on macro. I think they''ve come out pretty good myself, and I''ll have to take a ton more for "practice".
If you can, put this camera on your shorlist, its the bomb
5.gif

Seeing as I''m still learning with my new camera, thats all for now folks. And also its winter here, so gonna get harder to catch the sun
7.gif

I want to take some real special photos of my new pretty, (think Miss Ellen''s amazing style), and then I''ll meet ya''ll over in SMTR when I''ve got a good portfolio!

Hope these will tide you over ''till then, lol!
1.gif

Thanks for looking and everyone''s great comments.
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 6:58:12 AM
You are too kind!! That ring is GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!! You must be so excited, congrats AJ!!! It looks so white too!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
TY sweetheart! You know, I'm not sure if its the med fluor, or if there was a mix up at the lab, but this thing is sooo white, I swear.
I'm positive its even whiter than the I colour that I traded in! Even from the side or through the loupe, I can hardly detect a hint of warmth.

I'm so glad I decided on the K, and I would strongly recommend J/K stones that are ideal cut and certified to anybody who wants more bang for their budget.
I am going to have sooo much fun trying to convince people at stores etc thats its a K, lol!
11.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2008 7:06:34 AM

Date: 7/8/2008 6:58:12 AM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
TY sweetheart! You know, I''m not sure if its the med fluor, or if there was a mix up at the lab, but this thing is sooo white, I swear.
I''m positive its even whiter than the I colour that I traded in! Even from the side or through the loupe, I can hardly detect a hint of warmth.

I''m so glad I decided on the K, and I would strongly recommend J/K stones that are ideal cut and certified to anybody who wants more bang for their budget.
I am going to have sooo much fun trying to convince people at stores etc thats its a K, lol!
11.gif
9.gif
You are welcome Miss AJ!!!
face23.gif
That second pic especially, it looks incredibly white, what a fabulous diamond - you did GOOD!!!

Shout out to Jon and WF too!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
YAY it arrived and you have piccies :)

She looks amazing and massive, and very very very white. I really dig the setting, the simplicity of the legato with a beautiful sparklie stone is perfect :).

ETA: Have you named her yet?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yes Lorelei, definate huge shout out to Jon and WF!

Thanks Dee! No I haven''t yet. I know the whole things silly, but she seems like she needs something girly but kinda tough - because she''s big in my eyes! Something like Billy..?
I dunno, do you have any suggestions?
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am terrible with names, that is why FF names all the animals I just pick the little buggers. I will give it some thought though she needs something very fitting :).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 7:33:09 AM
Author: Deelight
I am terrible with names, that is why FF names all the animals I just pick the little buggers. I will give it some thought though she needs something very fitting :).
emthup.gif
5.gif

slayt

Rough_Rock
hi im in the process of ordering a ring as we speak, just wondering how long does fedex take? and what did you have to go through to get it through customs? (you gotta pay 15% right?) you got it sent prority international right?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results